Joe Paterno To Retire At The End Of The Season

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
47 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
6044 pageviews
190 comments

SM 38162 heat pts38162
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67045 67045
Joe Paterno To Retire At The End Of The Season

Sources: Joe Paterno to retire as coach

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State football coach Joe Paterno has decided to retire at the end of the season, ending a four-decades-plus tenure that has been overtaken by a child s3x-abuse case involving a former a.ssistant.

An announcement will come later Wednesday. The a.ssociated Press reported on Paterno's pending retirement, which has been confirmed by ESPN sources.

Penn State's board of trustees announced Tuesday that it will appoint a special committee to investigate the scandal that resulted in 40 criminal counts against retired defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky and led to the removal this week of athletic director Tim Curley and senior vice president Gary Schultz.

[pic - click to view]

http://espn.go.com/colleg .. ire-end-season

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by SM; 11-09-2011 at 09:33 AM..

190 comments for "Joe Paterno To Retire At The End Of The Season"

6 years ago '05        #2
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
At the end of the season.
 6 years ago '05        #3
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
he should retire today...real talk

:disdain2:
 6 years ago '04        #4
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,685 | Props total: 15423 15423
Yeah, this seemed like the best choice in all honesty. This gives Joe Paterno to end his career on a slightly higher note than just being fired for incompetence.

Penn St has wanted to get rid of him for almost a decade now. Too bad it had to happen under this type of circumstance.
 11-09-2011, 09:04 AM         #5
Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn you sm..

i wanted this one..

On a sidenote fu*k this n*gga joe paterno I hope he burns in "hell"!!

How could he know about this and allow this n*gga to be around more kids after the fact.

Last edited by Yelsgnik; 11-09-2011 at 09:07 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #6
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,380 | Props total: 3824 3824
i think he'll be gone before end of season...

more sh*t set to come out in this scandal..
 6 years ago '08        #7
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
get the fu*k out now.

sick fu*ks.
 6 years ago '05        #8
space
space
 jumpman2304 said:
i think he'll be gone before end of season...

more sh*t set to come out in this scandal..
this is a tip of the iceberg, there's probably more kids, and there's probably more people that knew about this
 6 years ago '04        #9
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
This was his last year on the contract anyway.. I think it's fair. There's 2 months of college football left, let that man finish it. He's been the head coach since 1966.

Yes, he was wrong for not going to authorities but at the same time you can't blame Paterno for another man's wrongdoings.
 6 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 refuze said:
This was his last year on the contract anyway.. I think it's fair. There's 2 months of college football left, let that man finish it. He's been the head coach since 1966.

Yes, he was wrong for not going to authorities but at the same time you can't blame Paterno for another man's wrongdoings.
paterno let a known pedophile be around kids on his watch, at the side lines, during the games, he has wrongdoings in this too
 11-09-2011, 09:16 AM         #11
Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:

My n*gga, Im going to try and keep my calm on this one.

Personally I dont know anybody thats has been s3xually abused but I cant even imagine what these kids are going threw. Think about a 60 year old pumpin the sh*t out of you in 3rd grade then toppin you off

Joe knew about this n*gga being a sick fu*k but still allowed him to be around MORE fu*kING KIDS!!!!!!! AND THE PROGRAM..

HE MUST GO!!
 6 years ago '04        #12
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
Ya'll are looking at this situation from the outside-looking-in. Joe Paterno is more than football at Penn St. He's a king there.

You know damn well this wasn't an easy decision for their executives to make.

This is an issue of ethics vs athletics. Which matter do people value more in life? Sometimes the line between the two is hard to identify.
 6 years ago '08        #13
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 Yelsgnik said:

Personally I dont know anybody thats has been s3xually abused but I cant even imagine what these kids are going threw. Think about a 60 year old pumpin the sh*t out of you in 3rd grade then toppin you off

Joe knew about this n*gga being a sick fu*k but still allowed him to be around MORE fu*kING KIDS!!!!!!! AND THE PROGRAM..

HE MUST GO!!
 6 years ago '04        #14
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
 Yelsgnik said:

HE MUST GO!!
Listen, I'm not supporting Joe Paterno because it's obvious he was wrong but I can see why Penn St made this decision.
 6 years ago '05        #15
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
Sad thing is this wasn't a one time thing.....Paterno was told from numerous people in the organization about different situations involving the guy and kept brushing it under the rug.

Like Matt Millen said on ESPN

At some point it isn't about sports anymore these are innocent people getting hurt.
 6 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 refuze said:
Ya'll are looking at this situation from the outside-looking-in. Joe Paterno is more than football at Penn St. He's a king there.

This is an issue of ethics vs athletics. Which matter do people value more in life? Sometimes the line between the two is hard to identify.
how do you think its fair though? EVERYBODY'S GONE, the AD will be gone, other administrators will be gone, the president of the university will be GONE because of this. people will be going to jail over this, and paterno was an integral part in all of this. i know exactly his standing in happy valley but if we dont look past that in a situation like this, that continues to show the deterioration of character thats going on in the hierarchy of this university

once again joe pa let this guy as recently as 06 have kids WITH HIM on the sideline during games
 6 years ago '08        #17
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,165 | Props total: 5231 5231
 Yelsgnik said:

HE MUST GO!!
Exactly, if it were anyone else he'd be in jail, he shouldn't even have the option of retiring, I don't give a sh*t about his history there
 6 years ago '05        #18
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
And people were saying the way Bobby Bowden went out was bad
 11-09-2011, 09:27 AM         #19
Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:

This is a moral and common sense issue. I believe that he is not legally responsible, but as the so called "king" he definitely dropped the ball. By his actions he is basically showing that the program and college football is over the well-being of children.

I'm a big college football fan, and as a college student I'm always at UT football games.

The day football is bigger than the safety of children, count me out, I'll never watch another game as long as I live.
 11-09-2011, 09:30 AM         #20
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wonder how big jerry saduski is packing

i bet them boyz know
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy