Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
7620 pageviews
97 comments

jlandryst 1544 heat pts1544
space
space
$3,704 | Props total: 0 0
Nov 9 - Black and Asian teenagers have lowest levels of drug and alcohol use

[pic - click to view]

Black and Asian teens are less likely to use drugs and alcohol than their white counterparts, according to a new study.

The annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health reported that 39 percent of white teens between the ages of 12 and 17 admitted to using substances in the past year, compared to just 32 percent of blacks and 24 percent of Asians.

Topping the list of adolescent substance users are Native American youth, at an astounding 48 percent.

“What surprised us the most was the relatively lower rate of use among African Americans,” said Dan Blazer, a professor of psychiatry at Duke University Medical Center. “The public perception is that that’s not the case."

The numbers paint a very different picture than what has often been portrayed in popular media, and could point to a need to redirect national funding in drug prevention programs.

Currently, public health issues, social services, public safety and lost productivity linked to drug and alcohol abuse cost society approximately $465 billion a year, according to the study.

"There is certainly still a myth out there that black kids are more likely to have problems with drugs than white kids," Blazer told the Raleigh News & Observer, "and this documents as clearly as any study we're aware of that the rate of...substance-related disorders among African American youths is significantly lower."

Perhaps notably significant in these new findings is the shift in the kinds of drugs teens are using.

According to the study, aside from marijuana, prescription painkillers like OxyContin and Vicodin now beat out inhalants as the drug of choice among the nation's teens.

Heroin, which was viewed as "no big deal" to suburban teens in a 2010 article in Psychology Today, was reported as the drug most closely a.ssociated with addiction.

Marijuana, which is also highly addictive, was reportedly used by more than one in ten teens last year.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Black and Asian teenagers have lowest levels of drug and alcoholÂ*use; Native American youth have highestÂ* - NY Daily News

97 comments for "Nov 9 - Black and Asian teenagers have lowest levels of drug and alcohol use"

11-09-2011, 02:04 AM         #2
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
duh....besides weed, what young black do u know that do any other drugs....lol at them being shocked....they full of sh*t

asians is squares for most part due to theyre strict a.ss parents so that explain that
 11-09-2011, 02:06 AM         #3
Lukeshuel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Marijuana, which is also highly addictive, was reportedly used by more than one in ten teens last year.

the results don't shock me at all though, you see white teens doin all kinds of stupid sh*t like shooting up and snorting. Black teens normally only smoke. And asians, well i can't remember ever smoking with an asian now that i think about it

Last edited by Lukeshuel; 11-09-2011 at 02:13 AM..
 11-09-2011, 02:12 AM         #4
pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yet most people arrested for drugs are black

dope dealers are making a k!lling in the suburbs because it's so fu*king cheap and these kids don't have sh*t to do besides spend money . . and still police spend their time lookin for a gram of weed in the hood.
 6 years ago '06        #5
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,621 | Props total: 8554 8554
the world is fu*ked up how about that research
 6 years ago '04        #6
jlandryst 1544 heat pts1544 OP
space
space
$3,704 | Props total: 0 0
 pabloescobarjr said:
yet most people arrested for drugs are black

dope dealers are making a k!lling in the suburbs because it's so fu*king cheap and these kids don't have sh*t to do besides spend money . . and still police spend their time lookin for a gram of weed in the hood.
the irony of someone with your sn (pabloescobarjr)talking about drug reform only on fu*king boxden....lol
 6 years ago '08        #7
daffy_1 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,714 | Props total: 70 70
I guess they forgot that Hispanic people also live in this country
 11-09-2011, 09:23 AM         #8
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell nobody
 6 years ago '09        #9
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,265 | Props total: 1370 1370
Very proud
 6 years ago '04        #10
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
ha black kids cant handle alcohol or drugs ive never met a black kid that could hang... unless he was an old crackie lol
 11-09-2011, 12:19 PM         #11
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

39 percent of whites, 37 percent of Hispanics, 36 percent mixed-race teens, 32 percent of blacks
the difference isn't staggering until it came to asians

24 percent of Asians
 6 years ago '06        #12
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,239 | Props total: 4815 4815
 Lukeshuel said:

the results don't shock me at all though, you see white teens doin all kinds of stupid sh*t like shooting up and snorting. Black teens normally only smoke. And asians, well i can't remember ever smoking with an asian now that i think about it
I really don't know many white people so I can't speak on them but I know plenty of n*ggas that do more than weed just about every weed smoker I know also pops pills and some do coke too
 11-09-2011, 01:23 PM         #13
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From my experience white kids have less of a fear of hard drugs and alcohol, mainly because the ones I see that abuse it or go hard with it come from places where lawyers and doctors and other successful people drink and sniff coke.

However, most black peoples first experiences with coke is seeing a crackhead, and with alcohol it's that drunk uncle everybody has.

So when white kids get to their teens they be like coke!? fu*k yea! where as it's almost a taboo in the black community.

Then there's also the fact that it's for all intents and purposes legal to use in white areas and not policed at all, and highly illegal and heavily policed in ethnic areas.
 6 years ago '07        #14
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,376 | Props total: 16001 16001
yea its not visible without these type of studies...cause cops aint pullin over the mercedes full of white kids...Im not making this a race thing..but we all know cops have profiling methods...period
 6 years ago '09        #15
whatzg00d 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$680 | Props total: 49 49
 DrX said:
duh....besides weed, what young black do u know that do any other drugs....lol at them being shocked....they full of sh*t

asians is squares for most part due to theyre strict a.ss parents so that explain that

i bet you wouldnt call us a square to our face.. dam scrub..
 6 years ago '11        #16
zenndogg98 26 heat pts26
space
space
$751 | Props total: 1 1
i went to an asian high school 80% asian, and I can honestly say by my senior year barley anybody drank. College is a different story though.

if you don't believe me,
 6 years ago '10        #17
Gouki 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,435 | Props total: 268 268
"I don't rike Tequirra!"
 6 years ago '07        #18
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13028 13028
nobody cares about those surveys .

i used to fill it out saying i was mexican and used every single drug known to man as much as possible in the past 24 hours or whatever . they tell u it's anonymous but every classroom had a different "key" to fill in.

11-09-2011, 02:10 PM         #19
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Unfortunately no one cares blacks will still be arrested at a much higher rate for drug related crimes and serve harsher sentences. While whites scream race card race card every time someone attempts to point out this injustice. Just another day in Amerikkka.
 11-09-2011, 02:44 PM         #20
hate_me_now 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gouki said:
"I don't rike Tequirra!"
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
274 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
54 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy