Drake & Lil' Wayne cancel Collab LP

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Baccshots would be crazy.
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside TEXANS TRYING TO REMOVE ICE FROM THEIR CAR MIGHT BE THE DUMBEST EVER :m..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm bout to give you all the keys and security codes
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NCAAF Washington state QB Tyler Hilinski commited suicide
131 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
6437 pageviews
84 comments

SM 38459 heat pts38459
space
space
$129,236 | Props total: 73521 73521
Lil Wayne & Drake Scrap Joint LP Because of Jay-Z & Kanye West

Lil Wayne and Drake scrap plans for joint album due to impending comparisons to Watch The Throne

Drake recently explained that he and Lil Wayne have decided to put their joint album on the back burner, maybe indefinitely, because he felt fans would compare the project to Watch The Throne rather than judge it on it’s own artistic merit.

“Me and Wayne scrapped the idea of a collaboration album,” Drake told XXL. “We just agreed that it would be looked upon as…It would be sort of this competition [with Watch The Throne]. I feel like it would get caught in this whirlwind of hype. [Wayne] agreed. We just said, ‘If we do it, we’ll do it down the line. But right now is not the time.’”

Drake’s Take Care comes out on November 15, although his highly anticipated sophomore album already suffered a leak. XXL reported Monday that Drizzy is also working on a mixtape with Rick Ross entitled, Y.O.L.O., which means You Only Live Once.

“I’ve been working on that for the last couple of weeks,” Drizzy detailed of his street project with Rozay. “We haven’t really connected because he’s been going through this thing with his health. I’ve been stashing my little beats and verses. I don’t have a drop date for it or a time for it. To be honest, its something I just really wanted to pop up out of nowhere. I’m not gonna release no single or anything. Its something I want to do because I enjoy like working with Ross.”

[pic - click to view]

Lil Wayne & Drake Scrap Joint LP Because of Jay-Z & Kanye West | XXLMAG.COM

84 comments for "Drake & Lil' Wayne cancel Collab LP"

11-08-2011, 10:26 AM         #2
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont blame them n*ggas...and lets keep it real n*ggas...out of the pair of rappers Drake and Wayne Was the ONLY ones talkin bout dropping a Collab album...Hov And Ye just ran with the idea and dropped their sh*t quickly so they can be looked at sorta the 1st ones to do it(im not saying to be the first to ever do it but just outta drake and wayne) and im pretty cure they feel as if they would've still dropped it; n*ggas who dont know sh*t would be like "drake and wayne are copying Hov and Ye"
 6 years ago '10        #3
Livin Life 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,871 | Props total: 2800 2800
Where are the people who were saying Drake & Wayne were making a collab album to copy Jay & Ye?
 6 years ago '11        #4
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,504 | Props total: 6670 6670
 Millerionaire87 said:
i dont blame them n*ggas...and lets keep it real n*ggas...out of the pair of rappers Drake and Wayne Was the ONLY ones talkin bout dropping a Collab album...Hov And Ye just ran with the idea and dropped their sh*t quickly so they can be looked at sorta the 1st ones to do it(im not saying to be the first to ever do it but just outta drake and wayne) and im pretty cure they feel as if they would've still dropped it; n*ggas who dont know sh*t would be like "drake and wayne are copying Hov and Ye"
How many collab albums have Wayne "talked" about doing and never done them? What happened to the Wayne and Juelz album? Wayne and T-Pain? "Yesterday I went shopping, and talk is still cheap"
 11-08-2011, 10:33 AM         #5
BrooklynWHAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they know they cant do better than WTT

that YOLO tho...
 11-08-2011, 10:33 AM         #6
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
How many collab albums have Wayne "talked" about doing and never done them? What happened to the Wayne and Juelz album? Wayne and T-Pain? "Yesterday I went shopping, and talk is still cheap"
ok which one would've been the most possible joint LP to drop out of all that people would really check for n*gga !!!!!???????

ok!
 6 years ago '11        #7
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,525 | Props total: 772 772
 Millerionaire87 said:
ok which one would've been the most possible joint LP to drop out of all that people would really check for n*gga !!!!!???????

ok!
The one with Juelz
 6 years ago '06        #8
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$33,095 | Props total: 13862 13862
i dont understand why drake and rickk ross would drop a mixtape.............make it a album so you can make money off it.....................that sh*t will go at least gold?
 6 years ago '11        #9
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,504 | Props total: 6670 6670
 Player 1 said:
i dont understand why drake and rickk ross would drop a mixtape.............make it a album so you can make money off it.....................that sh*t will go at least gold?
They can make money off it from a tour. It's probably too much red tape to cut through to get an album out in the time they want.
 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM         #10
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hayday12 said:
The one with Juelz

you telling me that people will actually be checking for Juelz more than Drake n*gga???....im not talkin about boxden!!!....im talkin about people around the country and around the world!...i swear boxden is the perfect name for this(Boxden) site because people on here minds is stuck in a little BOX...yall really think the people thats on this site are people speaking for the streets all across america !...how many members does boxden have again????
 6 years ago '06        #11
Jhnnyblz427 177 heat pts177
space
space
$35,755 | Props total: 19463 19463

[pic - click to view]

11-08-2011, 10:53 AM         #12
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
They can make money off it from a tour. It's probably too much red tape to cut through to get an album out in the time they want.
 6 years ago '05        #13
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,993 | Props total: 8682 8682
damn i was interested to see how it would work
 11-08-2011, 10:55 AM         #14
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and for the record i really think WTT was over hyped and Waaaaaaaayyyy Over Produced...TMO and to me the whole album is not T?imeless...a few songs but not the whole LP
 6 years ago '04        #15
dajerzeerat 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,116 | Props total: 1 1
 Millerionaire87 said:
you stupid? can't feel my face ring a bell? that idea was out way before drake was even relevant. i'm sure most people wouldn't say they're copying.. even so the album wouldn't be half as good as wtt.. drake's dope.. but wayne sucks in 2011.. mayb in 2007 this woulda been cool.. like when wayne/juelz originally planned on their drop.. they said they're finally gonna drop it.. hopefully they do, and hopefully it's good. cus neither wayne or elz are that great anymore
 6 years ago '04        #16
dajerzeerat 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,116 | Props total: 1 1
i dont wanna fu*kin r&b album.. cus if wayne and drake did an album.. it'll be softer than twinky filling. wayne would drop his corny a.ss attempt of punchline rap songs... drake would k!ll wayne on every track, trainwreck.
 11-08-2011, 11:14 AM         #17
MasterMind715 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It would have sold more then WTT but no way in hell would it have been a better album
 11-08-2011, 11:15 AM         #18
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dajerzeerat said:
you stupid? can't feel my face ring a bell? that idea was out way before drake was even relevant. i'm sure most people wouldn't say they're copying.. even so the album wouldn't be half as good as wtt.. drake's dope.. but wayne sucks in 2011.. mayb in 2007 this woulda been cool.. like when wayne/juelz originally planned on their drop.. they said they're finally gonna drop it.. hopefully they do, and hopefully it's good. cus neither wayne or elz are that great anymore
 dajerzeerat said:
i dont wanna fu*kin r&b album.. cus if wayne and drake did an album.. it'll be softer than twinky filling. wayne would drop his corny a.ss attempt of punchline rap songs... drake would k!ll wayne on every track, trainwreck.
i really didnt mean for you to get upset

[pic - click to view]

11-08-2011, 11:31 AM         #19
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Millerionaire87 said:
ummmm

camron n vado >>>>>>

wayne prolly didnt wanna tarnish his image wit a 60 mins fame type n*gga like drake

also like dude said, theres only so much drake could croon about on an album
 6 years ago '04        #20
justinjones 308 heat pts308
space
space
$49,648 | Props total: 7194 7194
i rather have that drake/rick ross tape anyway
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside come stick your finger in this...
65 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Bitcoin and Ethereum plummet as South Korea decides on total crypto shutdown
172 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
OT Mia Khalifa Dropped From Out Of Bounds?
80 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Foreign Exchange 🇷🇺 Anastasiya
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Aziz Ansari Responds to Accusations of Sexual Assault: ‘I Was S..
131 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Be careful out there, BX
144 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Don Q & Dave East working on a joint project
26 comments
2 days ago