Drake On Why He Hates Social Media

most viewed right now
 75
 Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
5 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 51
Article inside New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
audio inside Meek Previews New Song "What Beef".. Mentions Drake
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
94 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
7283 pageviews
101 comments


flix02 2063 heat pts2063
space
avatar space
space
$10,669 | Props total: 4042 4042
Drake On Why He Hates Social Media
 

 

We have another excerpt from the November issue of The Source magazine featuring a cover story on Drake. In this section, Drizzy explains why he doesn’t have any love for the modern day social media networks like Tumblr and Twitter. He does make a lot of sense.

“I’m really scared for my generation, you know. The thing that scares me most is Tumblr. I hate what Tumblr has become. Because it like, it reminds me of those clique-y girls in high school that used to make fun of everyone else and define what was cool, but in five years, when you all graduate, that sh*t doesn’t matter. No one gives a fu*k about that sh*t. Instead of kids going out and making their own moments, they’re just taking these images and living vicariously through other people’s moments. It just k!lls me. Then you’ll meet them and they’re just the biggest turkey in the world. They don’t actually embody any of those things. They just emulate. It’s scary man, simulation life that we’re living. It scares me.”
On Twitter:

“I’ll tell you, my biggest thing was, I remember, it was on twitter. I remember the day my mom was getting surgery and someone came on Twitter and they were like, ‘Yo, Drake, I hope your mom dies.’ You don’t really mean that.”

…Like, you know you’re going to see something bad. Out of 1000 compliments, it’s so crazy. It’s basically, like, when you used to sit there as a kid, and want to know what everyone is thinking. That’s your superpower. [Twitter is] knowing what everyone is thinking.”

[pic - click to view]

 Drake On Why He Hates Social Media*|*HipHop-N-More

101 comments for "Drake On Why He Hates Social Media"

 11-07-2011, 06:51 PM         #2
deeps3t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
without social media 75% of todays rappers wouldnt have blown up

i would hate to live in a world where you are forced to bag a bi*ch on the street on their concieded sh*t lol internet makes everything better EVERYTHING
 11-07-2011, 06:55 PM         #3
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeps3t said:
without social media 75% of todays rappers wouldnt have blown up

i would hate to live in a world where you are forced to bag a bi*ch on the street on their concieded sh*t lol internet makes everything better EVERYTHING
yes because without the internet we would have no interest in rappers or rap music in general

we would all be listening to country or no music at all




i feel what hes saying about tumblr but at the same time its not like without an outlet to express themselves these kids would actually be out living this sh*t

if bi*ch n*ggas are bi*ch n*ggas then theyre gonna be bi*ch n*ggas
 11-07-2011, 06:56 PM         #4
deeps3t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no i mean it would be harder to hear the new rappers coming out
 7 years ago '08        #5
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$19,673 | Props total: 2533 2533
That cover. :hay:
 7 years ago '05        #6
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 20 20
I get where he's coming with It allows fu*ks to be someone that they're not because they're behind a computer screen
 7 years ago '04        #7
psylence2k 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$13,034 | Props total: 2259 2259
he has somewhat of a point because I've always said that social media pretty much has changed the way we.......well socialize

remember back in the day before cell phones or the internet, we use to spend all our free time actually physically going out to have contact with our friends, as kids we were only really home to eat and sleep, the rest of the time u were running around the hood, socializing face to face and actually getting some physical exercise somewhat. No cell phone so you would have to end up running around the hood to find your homeboy if he wasnt at home. You would spend all day playing ball and hollering at some females IN PERSON. Kids nowadays leave school or work and go straight home and jump on the internet or xbox for the remaining 6 hours of their day. Shyt is pretty much like the Matrix, instead of experiencing things in person and physically, now we just plug into our computers and "socialize" by going through status updates, picture albums, and youtube clips. We're like zombies now. We spend more time living life through this "alternate" form of reality known as the Internet. Imagine if one day all schooling and work was done online, you'd really have no reason to leave your computer/bedroom/home. Shyt is sad.


Last edited by psylence2k; 11-07-2011 at 07:06 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #8
DrizzyJT 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,919 | Props total: 105 105
I feel him on that.tumblr thing
 11-07-2011, 07:09 PM         #9
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeps3t said:
no i mean it would be harder to hear the new rappers coming out
i just realized i sorta said something remotely mean to you when i wouldnt have said that sh*t to you if we were in person


someone delete this internet sh*t fam
 7 years ago '10        #10
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,705 | Props total: 230 230
I agree 100% with him on tumblr and somewhat on what he said about twitter. you have people hiding behind social media acting tough and it allows them to be somebody they are not in the real world. it is kind of pathetic.
 7 years ago '07        #11
Pos 96 heat pts96
space
avatar space
space
$10,174 | Props total: 6354 6354
 psylence2k said:
he has somewhat of a point because I've always said that social media pretty much has changed the way we.......well socialize

remember back in the day before cell phones or the internet, we use to spend all our free time actually physically going out to have contact with our friends, as kids we were only really home to eat and sleep, the rest of the time u were running around the hood, socializing face to face and actually getting some physical exercise somewhat. No cell phone so you would have to end up running around the hood to find your homeboy if he wasnt at home. You would spend all day playing ball and hollering at some females IN PERSON. Kids nowadays leave school or work and go straight home and jump on the internet or xbox for the remaining 6 hours of their day. Shyt is pretty much like the Matrix, instead of experiencing things in person and physically, now we just plug into our computers and "socialize" by going through status updates, picture albums, and youtube clips. We're like zombies now. We spend more time living life through this "alternate" form of reality known as the Internet. Imagine if one day all schooling and work was done online, you'd really have no reason to leave your computer/bedroom/home. Shyt is sad.
agree

social network is female sh*t. I don't get wrapped up with it
 7 years ago '06        #12
01seay 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$21,268 | Props total: 4689 4689
tumblr has to be the lowest form of social media.....just straight pictures for jokes.

Twitter is like the new age forums of the 21 century....
 11-07-2011, 07:25 PM         #13
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

 11-07-2011, 09:37 PM         #14
pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they’re just the biggest turkey in the world
is that some canadian slang i'm not hip to?
 7 years ago '09        #15
jtread 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$460 | Props total: 71 71
He's speaking the truth. People living vicariously through others. 5 years later, people have nothing to show for it but regrets about their failed past and present future and debt from keeping up with the latest "it" item. The Internet age has become the fall of man. Even at 24, I can look back and see the changes the availability of the Internet and technology have had on me. Sure, some is for the better but there are side effects. And I'm one of the sane ones. The Internet has given everyone a voice, but everyone has forgotten one major thing: No one gives a sh*t about you and your humdrum life. Make something of yourself then come back and talk later.
 7 years ago '05        #16
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,505 | Props total: 386 386





up to right now... i really tought tumbler was just like photobucket.


thats social networking?









Last edited by YARKONE; 11-07-2011 at 09:43 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #17
Sotaboy24 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 42 42
The Internet is crazy

Point blank

From where we were to where we're going


Jus smoke and enjoy the ride
 11-07-2011, 09:44 PM         #18
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"The Internet has given everyone a voice, but everyone has forgotten one major thing: No one gives a sh*t about you and your humdrum life. Make something of yourself then come back and talk later."


sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true

i salute u
 7 years ago '10        #19
Agentzer0oo0 215 heat pts215
space
avatar space
space
$69,264 | Props total: 27595 27595
 01seay said:
tumblr has to be the lowest form of social media.....just straight pictures for jokes.

Twitter is like the new age forums of the 21 century....
yup, yup, yup..
 7 years ago '11        #20
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4732 4732
 jtread said:
He's speaking the truth. People living vicariously through others. 5 years later, people have nothing to show for it but regrets about their failed past and present future and debt from keeping up with the latest "it" item. The Internet age has become the fall of man. Even at 24, I can look back and see the changes the availability of the Internet and technology have had on me. Sure, some is for the better but there are side effects. And I'm one of the sane ones. The Internet has given everyone a voice, but everyone has forgotten one major thing: No one gives a sh*t about you and your humdrum life. Make something of yourself then come back and talk later.
This.

I deactivated my FB account when I saw what was happening. It's hard to completely go away from the social thing on the net. Dudes keep telling me to come back on. I'm like fu*k that. It's bad enough with cell phones you always "know" where I am or how to reach me. You telling me you can't keep in touch with me w/o FB? Once I get started on getting to where I want to be I'm gonna be seeing less of the forums, FB, Twitter, and Tumblr. I want to actually experience life. I don't have any of those now tho. Some teens, all they have is Facebook.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 33
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
67 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 3
Nissan GTR with 3300HP
6 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
 3
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
81 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy