NBA Owners have made proposal of 51%..Only Downhill from here

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #141
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,531 | Props total: 1719 1719
I wonder what the white players think of the this whole saga
 6 years ago '06        #142
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,224 | Props total: 5034 5034
Athletes everywhere are overpaid

who cares

fu*k the NBA.. hope that sh*t never comes back
 6 years ago '06        #143
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,224 | Props total: 5034 5034
if i was in the nba right now id go play for the Harlem Globetrotters fu*k it
 6 years ago '04        #144
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
 luker1920 said:

please tell me the differences between the past slave and the modern day slave and which one you'd rather be
i know, right?

i hate when professional athlete says, "i feel like a slave..."

you're right. slaves make six and seven figure salaries for playing a sport that they love.
 6 years ago '10        #145
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
 ondatpurple said:
gunit finest came in and ruined the valid point he was making by using the word "slave"

when you say things like players are "slaves" its only gonna drive ppl further away from the players' side because they are already envious of how much millions they make for playing basketball.

the players are in a lose lose situation because if they dont take the deal they lose their salary and the public hates them. people are blaming the eggs instead of the chicken.

the average everyday ppl in this thread are on the owners' side because they dont realize how much money is at stake. if they had a little business knowledge (instead of simple caveman logic), they would know the owners are the ones who are to blame here.
You are apparently the only one with a brain in here! Goddamn the majority are stupid on this board.

It seems like the average idiots in here are wanting the players to settle for a significant amount while the owners still rack in a great amount. The pathetic thing is the players are the reason that the franchise is worth what it is... (but cant expect the average caveman to understand that).. boxden is clearly full of tools.
 6 years ago '05        #146
realfastMustang 
space
space
$26,585 | Props total: 104 104
 luker1920 said:
never use the word SLAVES when n*ggaz arguing over millions

your the idiot

i sware you die for these players.

57 percent was a fu*king steal for the players, theyre lucky they got that
They are dealing with Pies and percentages.... And at the END of the day... If a WHOLE TEAM of people did WAY MORE than that ONE.... But that one saw a bigger piece of the Pie...

Thats BULLsh*t........ and sounds Slave-ISH to me
 6 years ago '04        #147
Kziatic 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 430 430
 Cantankerous said:
The risk of the owners(Billionaires) do not share the same degree of risk these players took to enter the league. You've got athletes coming straight out of HS, 2 years into college, leaving a small percentage with actual degrees to place in the job market. Their physical being is on stake, and economic position at life is compromised when they entered. This isn't about the Wade or Kobe, from players aspect, it's about that n*gga who never even makes the court, and what he risk coming, and when he leaves. Despite all you poor as*holes who have to live off less than 40K a year(no offense, I'm here too), don't bring down the nature of what the owners are doing simply because you chose to be poor in life and not develop a multi-million talent or ability to generate 7 digit+ income, thats lame as sh*t, crab in barrel mentality.

If the company you worked at didn't meet their income targets; who fault is that? The employee, or the owners?(In this case, obviously the owners and those in management for poor decision). If they had made correct decisions, they wouldn't have inflated the salaries of athletes to begin with. Would you take a pay cut of over 6%, knowing that you're loss is not as substantial as you're owners?

In an industry in which you're salary can be negotiated, I sure as hell wouldn't allow for a percentage cut without a f!ght, people want these players to be as poor as them; yet put their dollars in their pockets, d!ckride infinitely, and as soon as they are stripped of that, they turn around and hate as if their attachment to a GAME means anything compared to the actuality of the situation.

How many of you n*ggas would be on the record labels side of artist compensation on an album? From the owners side I feel bad(in the sense if I were in their position), but tough break n*gga, take a lose and improve you're financial structuring of the team, not strip the players of what you foolishly gave to them, in order to maintain a certain margin of profit.

As a non-fanatic of the NBA, this doesn't mean much so
Cant agree with that. No one is holding a gun to your head to leave school early and im pretty sure players that leave school early or come out of high school, wouldn't do it unless the is a lot of hype around them and sure they where going to be drafted.

Please define poor? I think most people realize that if a nba player takes a cut well they will still be rich.

Thats what they are doing.
 6 years ago '04        #148
Kziatic 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 430 430
 realfastMustang said:
They are dealing with Pies and percentages.... And at the END of the day... If a WHOLE TEAM of people did WAY MORE than that ONE.... But that one saw a bigger piece of the Pie...

Thats BULLsh*t........ and sounds Slave-ISH to me
Slavery is a system under which people are treated as property and are forced to work.[1] Slaves can be held against their will from the time of their capture, purchase or birth, and deprived of the right to leave, to refuse to work, or to demand compensation. Conditions that can be considered slavery include debt bondage, indentured servitude, serfdom, domestic servants kept in captivity, adoption in which children are effectively forced to work as slaves, child soldiers, and forced marriage.

Seriously 6 pages deep and the word is still being tossed around. Being a slave compared to being a NBA player. All 450+ players can do whatever the fu*k they wont(including leaving the NBA and finding employment somewhere else. The first comment fu*ked the thread lol.
 6 years ago '04        #149
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,903 | Props total: 833 833
Yall n*ggas better learn to like the NHL. No NBA season this year
 6 years ago '04        #150
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,026 | Props total: 2568 2568
 SeaJaiye said:
lol. thats how theyre able to get away with all this sh*t, cuz dumb n*ggas like you think material sh*t + money = everything.

they get players to come in at a young age and give them a sh*tload of money so by the time they retire, they have nothing and they were used for their talents. only the major stars remain relevant after they retire.

What exactly are the owners getting away with? What exactly do you working for? Money.

They dont get players to do anything....PLAYERS CHOOSE to join the league, they are not forced.

Because investing/saving the money you earned playing A GAME you love is out of the question right?

Who cares about being relevant. Give me my FREE UNIVERSITY LEVEL education that will help me better my life incase i get injured or don't last in the league that most probably don't take advantage of, give me enough money so myself, my children, their children's children etc never have to worry about finances again.

But yet these guys are slaves....
 6 years ago '04        #151
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,864 | Props total: 1997 1997
The owners and Stern should say after this week come Friday if no agreement is made. fu*k YO COUCH we taking are money and investing in some other sports teams WE RICH bi*ch *HONK HONK* then all the dumbass players that spent all their money already can go work at walmart and sign autographs or be bouncers at clubs and sign autographs for the 1st year. The smart player that have invested and made sure after the NBA can sit pretty. Im kind of done with this NBA sh*t i wanted to watch tip off and i turn to the channel and aint no tip off. R U serious im done, good job heat, make the ultra team n lose cuz we know u fu*k it up again this year trying to be on the bullsh*t....

Last edited by D. Norman; 11-07-2011 at 09:20 AM..
 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM         #152
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
nba is fu*ked unless the players just cave in and take slave deal nba is done. now stupid fans are gonna just sit there and tell players to take it your still making more money then me bs. smh still dont get how no one is blaming the owners this does not look like they trying to be fair they just wanna rob the player because they can. And where is the Sharing Revenue between owners wtf are they adjusting nothing just rob the players because they was to stupid in the past YEP.
slave deal? you're as stupid as a person could come...when lebron is being paid millions a year and he has dwayne wade and bosh and he can BARELY beat Derek Rose, you should rethink this....way overpayed...everyone in the entire fu*king league is...except Rose...and MJ when he was still around...judge it by talent...don't get mad the owners are going broke paying your sh*tty fav athletes...that's why you're suppose to like talented athletes so you can say oh fu*k, Lionel Messi dominants world soccer, he's better than Beckham, even with a blindfold on, instead of, gotdamnit lebron, you pus*y fu*k who can't do sh*t but lose and let ya skank a.ss mommy get banged by ya teammates....

come real
 6 years ago '07        #153
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 TIP2009 said:
when lebron is being paid millions a year and he has dwayne wade and bosh and he can BARELY beat Derek Rose,
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
 6 years ago '06        #154
darnbni99a 
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 24 24
this sh!t is fukin ridiculous......

smh times infinity
 11-07-2011, 09:36 AM         #155
MrFreshness4523 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The owners fU*kin scum bags... Str8 up!!!!
 6 years ago '06        #156
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
don't understand the ride or die approach behind the players..... football brings way more physical concerns after U retire then basketball, let alone them having shorter playing careers... could add on a little something like... football players have a shorter time on earth in general.... But who gets WAY better GURANTEED contracts???

Some owners are at fault for giving ridiculous contracts out.... But the smartest GM in the world can't predict injuries, and players dogging it after cashing in......what other job, or even SPORT can U become a complete piece of sh*t or not be able to perform... but still get paid for YEARS... And on top of it, not let your company or team sign replacements.... Without getting rapped anyway

I never seen any group of athlethes have this much self entitilement....Love the sport, but It's the softest out of the major 4, outside of baseball.... And baseball players are prolly just as mentaly tough if not more

Would like to see cats like Manu, Duncan, Pierce, Kobe, get on the court ASAP.... since we only only get to see them work for a couple more years... give or take... but my patience is running thin.... excuse rant

Last edited by ginobili 20; 11-07-2011 at 09:41 AM..
 11-07-2011, 09:56 AM         #157
God Mode 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
football players>>>>basketballs players.they aint as whiney n sh*t.nba players actin like hoes and divas.bi*chassness
 6 years ago '09        #158
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Man I'd love to see Steve's reaction if I walked into his office in the morning and told him I was going to be needing 51% since I'm the one actually out in the field.
 6 years ago '05        #159
YonkasNative 
space
space
space
$804 | Props total: 167 167
Its obvious. It's not that they're slaves literally, it's more like the slave mentality. The owners, mostly white, are telling the players, mostly black, that they're taking a pay cut because the owners are not making enough money. America is still not over slavery and it will take some time. It's kind of like when you argue with your chick about something and you bring up something from the past that happened and tie it in with the new drama. The same thing happens with america and slavery. Whether it be a presidential race, a court decision, or applying for a job. The slave mentality argument will always take center court, so don't be so quick to fall for it. What is obvious in the arguement is If they do take that paycut then yes l, they will be underpaid. Any time you're doing a job, nomatter what job it is, and you suddenly take a huge paycut, then I would say you're now underpaid. It's the priciPALities involved. If this happened to any of us we would all react the same way. Which is funk you I'm not taking a paycut.

I'm for the NBA 99% movement! Lol
 6 years ago '04        #160
Cali 
space
space
space
$296 | Props total: 12 12
 luker1920 said:
yea fu*k it make 1 million instead of 2.5

fu*king slaves these guys are
I know your probably being sarcastic ... but whether these guys are making 1mil or 8.5 per hour ... it obviously has more to do with than just money. No matter what your profession is you dont want to be a veteran employee being treated like a bi*ch. It just doesnt boil down to money ... it boils down to being respected. These players cant just quit they have families, a mortgage, fans, and a city that depends on them. If not it would be easier to quit and do other things with the money theyve accumulated.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
79 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now