NBA Owners have made proposal of 51%..Only Downhill from here

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #121
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
nba is fu*ked unless the players just cave in and take slave deal nba is done.
Yeah, I'm sure these guys will definitely be slaves if they take a small percentage paycut.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #122
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 dat_boi_tj said:
If Mccdonalds employees got 50% of what the branch earned, everyone would be rich...
sh*tty a.ss analogy...anybody can flip a burger and drop fries use your fu*kin brain

Im ready to say fu*k it take the 51% at this point but the owners gotta cut the bullsh*t out
 6 years ago '05        #123
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,738 | Props total: 1822 1822
 Optimus Crime said:
You make good points... But I respectfully disagree... I never bought into the "players taking risk by going to the league so they can be compensated for it." That's a choice that someone actively made... They fact that a small percentage leave and have degrees is the fault of no one but the persons that are making the decisions to forgo the rest of their scholarships.

I had an uncle that got a full ride to a D1 college (for baseball), went a year, saved his money while he was playing [which was pennies compared to what NBA players make) and blew out his knee in Triple A. He wasn't in a dire situation.... He used his money to go back to school, finish his education... and now he's making $150k plus in a down economy... Neither one of his parents even went to college... Pretty much grew up from the country... Be payed attention in what little time he spent with college and made good decisions that eventually paid off to secure his future for his kids.

We talk about holding the owners responsible for making bad business decisions, well I fell like that logic should also apply to the players making the poor life decisions as well. If there's going to be a standard that must be applied, it should be applied to the players as well. You speak of developing a multi-million dollar skill... Well the owners have one of their own. Their business acumen is one as well isn't it? Their skills are arguably worth more.. (They've generated more income over the course of their lives haven't they) so why should they not be entitled to demand more...

I don't believe that people want these players to be as broke as they are. I just think they're a little bit disgusted at the "slave" parallelism that these athletes used. It was a horrible idea to even think about using that term lol... I generally could care less how the outcome happens. I think both sides are being selfish, and the fans are the ones suffering. I also feel like their actions will have repercussions as well... But ah well... I just hope that the NBA. Whatever comes from this... Affects me in no way... So I just wish for their own sake that they wrap it up
Let me give you a different analogy. If you went through college, and after obtaining your degree(of a high stature) you find the entire field gone, or depleted of economic resources; is this fair to say, that was you're poor life decision(maybe, but hardly in a skilled sector)? That is essentially what has been said. If those who own hospitals said one day their Doctors we're overpaid, and dropped their salary from 200K, to 180K due to the fact, people aren't hurting themselves enough(ie: not even revenue being generated), is this fair?

Athletes are followed even at point of childhood from these scouts, it's not as if professional sports isn't akin to education, they reside in the same institution, and are co-dependent in various ways(ie: don't pass class, don't play). These guys are literally conditioned by these owners, before they are even aware, to attempt to play for them. Nobody has the idea "damn, I can't wait to play oversea's" from the get go.

You're uncle is a different case, being that he only played 1 year and got injured, these are extreme cases, not someone who has devoted his life to his field of work. That guy who never makes court, or rarely, lives for that shine, and he too needs stability to live. Not to mention the external hours put in training and so on.

The businessmen skills aren't of talent in the same way, as their education and finances got them to be owners, not as if they simply applied due to having the ability to effective run a team(or else this situation wouldn't be). Even more, the success of the NBA isn't placed solely on them managing a team, as the players do the majority in terms of generating the income on a daily basis for the team. Yes the NBA is a privilege, but they did not create the sport, and if not them, someone else, so to give all the accolade of the sport to the owners for forming a league is simply out the picture.

They can't demand more, because the standard for the employees wages were set by them, as that doctor who made 200K, a salary deduction due to the hospital owners stupidity, is a slap in the face of their ability and false representation of the job to begin with, basically saying "you aren't worth as much now...not really, I'm just making enough to be satisfied."

I don't know about the slave parallels they've made, but they are being devalued for no reason of their own(somewhat, but again, managers fault). If more money was to be put into the league through some sort of economy jolt, we'll see the inflation of salaries again, this is the owners stupidity, fueled by greed.

Now in defense of the Billionaires, if I wanted my team to meet a certain income target, and we failed, I'd start trimming the fat, that is what a good businessman does, not overcompensate and perpetuate the problem. Lebron doesn't bring a ring(as I expect due to what I pay him), n*gga can cut. But the attachment of these players, and brand is ultimately what ends up fu*king them, not Bron not meeting expectations, the owners believing he will after consistent signs of it not happening. (anyone can spare the Bron d!ckriding, or fact pulling, not sure if that is accurate anyways). This is the cycle that has the NBA where it is at, and besides poor performance(which can hardly be singled out on a team), I don't see the players fault much.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 11-06-2011 at 08:01 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #124
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,161 | Props total: 430 430
slaves? i swear these dudes made the choice to play basketball
 11-06-2011, 08:14 PM         #125
yowee1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i just wanna watch some nba whatever it takes get these people back in tha game
 6 years ago '10        #126
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 1951 1951
my eyes hurt from reading all this lockout sh*t
 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM         #127
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can anyone tell me other businesses like idk walmart. how much of the revenue does walmart pay to its employees? just any company any of you or your parents work for. you guys will argue all day these guys need to make 2.5 million instead of 2 million.

and it kinda seems to me they want to be owners. they want a split of like a business partner. but im curious at the end of the day if the team loses money who pays that. who makes the difference. the owners. its not like these owners could say guess what guys we lost money this season we all owe 200k. idk maybe im wrong but seems to me they want to be owners but not with the responsibility. so if theres no money, would the players be responsible for 57% of the debt?

Last edited by Ni2; 11-06-2011 at 09:32 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #128
albemarle 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,141 | Props total: 444 444
Besides maybe Kobe, Lebron, Wade and maybe Durant who in the Nba is worth that 57 percent. I couldn't even tell you who's on half of these teams today unlike in the 90's when Jordan, Ewing, Shaq, Barkley and others were playing you knew almost everyone on the different teams even teams like the Alanta Hawks and Toronto Raptors

players need to stop being greedy and play ball they still making Millions. Learn to manage their money and stop trying to floss.

Last edited by albemarle; 11-06-2011 at 09:48 PM..
 11-06-2011, 10:22 PM         #129
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We the PEOPLE should do the same.
 11-06-2011, 10:45 PM         #130
T Bonics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
your stupid players have come down from 57 percent to 51 we are talking about

over 100 million dollars A YEAR IN LOOSE u idiots man if stupid fans are just gonna be \

jealous of players cause u make nothing then just say that wat it is. Owners will never loose

cause the general public like yourself is to busy crying about how much players make WHO ARE THE WHOLE fu*kING GAME.
no..UR the idot.. siding with "the players" like kobe bryant really gives a fu*k if u got him in ur avy.. all the lockout is is millionaires arguing over millions of dollars plain and simple..nothing but greedy pigs and nigs..there are no "sides" if u are a fan of the nba. just disgust.
 6 years ago '07        #131
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,408 | Props total: 889 889
 kingpin222 said:
I'll be a slave for 5 mil a year. I'll be an MLE slave. Sign me up boss

Yessa, Boss...you can even change my name to Toby Waller for 5 milli/ year.

@ these idiots talkin bout these dudes is slaves playing a kids game for millions. fu*k outta here....
 6 years ago '08        #132
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 albemarle said:
Besides maybe Kobe, Lebron, Wade and maybe Durant who in the Nba is worth that 57 percent. I couldn't even tell you who's on half of these teams today unlike in the 90's when Jordan, Ewing, Shaq, Barkley and others were playing you knew almost everyone on the different teams even teams like the Alanta Hawks and Toronto Raptors

players need to stop being greedy and play ball they still making Millions. Learn to manage their money and stop trying to floss.
That last statement holds no weight. The players aren't greedy in this situation, it's the owners. They are the ones who don't know how to manage their money giving these bums these overrated bums lucrative contracts, which is why there is a lockout in the first place, not a players strike.

Why do people keep comparing the NBA to a 9-5 job? The players ARE THE PRODUCT, not sell the product. Players win games and bring in the money. Go back and watch MJ hall of fame speech. I can't say he reniged on his word but he switched sides so he has no choice but to. You think people go to games to watch smush and kwame? How about televising a bunch of wizards and timberwolves games?

No one will pay or watch because they don't have the players to produce the revenue for them. Trying to involve more revenue sharing between teams will not make the NBA more competitive. There will always be bummy teams in the league. That's sports in general.

At the end of the day, this all about power for the owners. They will not agree on a deal the union presents. It only be what they offer so it looks like they are in charge. Kind of comparative to Obama and the republicans. This n*gga can have a great plan favoring them and the reps will still decline so it doesn't make him look good. Players dropped from 57 to 54 to 52. Now owners are saying 51 so it can look like they are in charge. It's all about power...

End rant...

Last edited by GrownmanJ; 11-06-2011 at 11:43 PM..
 11-06-2011, 11:39 PM         #133
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k these greedy n*ggas

i dont even give a fu*k anymore about the nba, sh*ts disgusting with this lockout. they lost a fan, time is ticking for my celts
 6 years ago '11        #134
ROger Rabbit 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1793 1793
 ondatpurple said:
stopped reading after this. yes you are f*ggit
yea sure

n*gga waited 3 pages to respond to that ether

shut the fuk up b4 i really slap you into your stable

he's scared

next
 6 years ago '07        #135
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,186 | Props total: 19735 19735
 SeaJaiye said:
lol. thats how theyre able to get away with all this sh*t, cuz dumb n*ggas like you think material sh*t + money = everything.

they get players to come in at a young age and give them a sh*tload of money so by the time they retire, they have nothing and they were used for their talents. only the major stars remain relevant after they retire.
God you're stupid. Its not the NBA's responsibility to teach them how to manage their money. They get paid MILLIONS of dollars a year and spend it like as*holes, then they go broke and its the NBAs fault?

I do think the players should get more of the revenue, since their careers are limited, they are the NBA, cause without them NBA doesn't exist and they are putting their well being on the line. But acting as if these guys are getting suckered or are some how slaves is flat out stupid.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 11-06-2011 at 11:53 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #136
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,446 | Props total: 617 617
 Offical said:
Honestly,

I think the players should get a TAD bit more than the owners maybe by half a percent.

Just because The Players are what drives DEMAND for NBA games, not the owners.

The only thing i want to see changed in the new CBA is that these medicore a.ss players should not be getting huge contracts.

Players like Andre Igadolla or however you spell that sh*t should never get $60 Million dollar contracts, that is fu*king ridiculous, he is a.ss, they need to change the structure in which these players get paid thats all i care about.

I believe Samuel Dalemeberts bum a.ss got a $30 Million dollar contract are some outrageous sh*t

Kobe, Durant, Wade , Rose , Bonafide superstar should get the big bucks not these piece of sh*t a.ss players. You got bum a.ss players on the bobcats that still have $10 Million left in their contract

that is fu*king ridiculous
are you retarted? it's the gm's fault for making those horrible contracts. has nothing to do with the cba
 11-07-2011, 12:27 AM         #137
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at the thought of Kobe starting his own NBA.
 11-07-2011, 12:27 AM         #138
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't even know why y'all are arguing over slave this/slave that. Player's a.ssociation is decertifying and we're losing the season. The Nets starting five is about to be Kobe, Lebron, D-12, CP3 and Kerry Kittles coming out of retirement for the ring
 11-07-2011, 12:39 AM         #139
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So close yet so far away
 6 years ago '04        #140
facility651 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,770 | Props total: 192 192
the players still dont realize that the offers only get worse from here on out.

im starting to not even care anymore
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago