NBA Owners have made proposal of 51%..Only Downhill from here

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #101
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 633 633
To many people acting like they got vested interest in the outcome of this...

And what ya'll think, the players weren't gonna get r*ped in this deal? Everybody thought they got r*ped in the last deal and that was in '99 before the recession.

Contract 6 teams, move 2 or 3 teams and get rid of guaranteed contracts and I'm good.
 6 years ago '08        #102
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
Hold strong players, don't cave...
 6 years ago '11        #103
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
I said it before and I'm a say it again I don't feel sorry for these sh*tty owners not one bit. I think it would be in the best interest if both sides just went 50/50 and call it the day. If it's one thing that should be changed it should be the length of contracts and not all players should get guaranteed deals either. So if these guys end up constantly hurt like Grant Hill & T-Mac did in their primes, these owners should be able to take some of the money off the table b/c sh*t like that can set teams back for some years like it did w/Orlando.
 6 years ago '04        #104
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
your stupid players have come down from 57 percent to 51 we are talking about

over 100 million dollars A YEAR IN LOOSE u idiots man if stupid fans are just gonna be \

jealous of players cause u make nothing then just say that wat it is. Owners will never loose

cause the general public like yourself is to busy crying about how much players make WHO ARE THE WHOLE fu*kING GAME.
Yea its actually over 300 million that the players will lose each year if they accept what the owners are offering! This sh*t is getting out of hand and David Stern needs to be held accountable! How in the hell can he run a lg that keeps getting locked out!
 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM         #105
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most of you talking this slave sh*t have no concept of slave history.. GTFOH...

I say the players say fu*k em and go back to college.... Education never goes broke.
 6 years ago '05        #106
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,183 | Props total: 3098 3098
 Cantankerous said:
The risk of the owners(Billionaires) do not share the same degree of risk these players took to enter the league. You've got athletes coming straight out of HS, 2 years into college, leaving a small percentage with actual degrees to place in the job market. Their physical being is on stake, and economic position at life is compromised when they entered. This isn't about the Wade or Kobe, from players aspect, it's about that n*gga who never even makes the court, and what he risk coming, and when he leaves. Despite all you poor as*holes who have to live off less than 40K a year(no offense, I'm here too), don't bring down the nature of what the owners are doing simply because you chose to be poor in life and not develop a multi-million talent or ability to generate 7 digit+ income, thats lame as sh*t, crab in barrel mentality.

If the company you worked at didn't meet their income targets; who fault is that? The employee, or the owners?(In this case, obviously the owners and those in management for poor decision). If they had made correct decisions, they wouldn't have inflated the salaries of athletes to begin with. Would you take a pay cut of over 6%, knowing that you're loss is not as substantial as you're owners?

In an industry in which you're salary can be negotiated, I sure as hell wouldn't allow for a percentage cut without a f!ght, people want these players to be as poor as them; yet put their dollars in their pockets, d!ckride infinitely, and as soon as they are stripped of that, they turn around and hate as if their attachment to a GAME means anything compared to the actuality of the situation.

How many of you n*ggas would be on the record labels side of artist compensation on an album? From the owners side I feel bad(in the sense if I were in their position), but tough break n*gga, take a lose and improve you're financial structuring of the team, not strip the players of what you foolishly gave to them, in order to maintain a certain margin of profit.

As a non-fanatic of the NBA, this doesn't mean much so

[pic - click to view]

Finally someone brought logic into this thread.
 6 years ago '08        #107
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 Hovi Bryant said:
For those that side with the owners, you guys are cold blooded.
The sad thing is that not one person in this thread have ever turned to a mavs vs lakers game to see Jerry Buss an Mark Cubin Never.
 11-06-2011, 06:47 PM         #108
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everybody has a life style to maintain. Asking players to come down by millions of dollars will effect the fu*k out of them and some players will never play nba ball again because your Kobe's and LeBron's of the world will eat up all of their money to avoid taking on a huge contract deficit. So yeah some players will go from highly paid pro athletes to having no income just like that. It's more dynamics than just having a few less dollars. People's lives will be fu*ked up. And it's no negotiation. Owners wanted 50-50 players willing to meet them half way at 53-47 they say no we want 50-50 or no deal. That's slaving them to just accept whatever they are willing to give them with no interest in being fair or actually working something out. It's a "my way or the highway" mentality. And it's not even 51 they would get 49 51 is just a way to make it sound nice.

I don't see how people can think it's ok for old rich white guys to send those players out there to bang up their bodies and toss them like a sack of potatoes when they can't perform anymore and not even pay them their due. No Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant we wouldn't watch the NBA. WNBA comes on nobody wants to watch that sh*t because of the low talent level. Fact is this is a star dominated era and people want to see Kobe vs. LeBron not a team vs a team. Which is why those owners that aren't making money(by they're standards of not making money still making more than the players by a mile) aren't making money they don't have a seat filler.
 11-06-2011, 06:51 PM         #109
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S W A N said:
A good 60% of these guys are broke 5 yrs after playing and you really think they could run their own league? Good luck with that.
It's a lot of people with a lot of money in this world. A league can be started. Actors, musicians, ball players, rich mutha fu*kers with nothing better to do. If a league is created and the stars play in it they will be profitable because we the fans just want to see our favorite players and the best players ball. The NBA had to start somewhere. If the NBA gets filler players because the stars don't want that contract the NBA will suffer greatly.
 11-06-2011, 06:55 PM         #110
Confusious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
exactly

lol @ siding with 30 billionaires who you never see and are in the skybox instead of the 400 players you fools spend ur money on and tune in on TV to watch

these players should just flip off these owners and give it a shot to run they own league or something.... its all fun and games until their value of the franshise which was built by the players Plummet to the ground and they loose a billion of net worth
30 billionaires? The Hornets are owned by the NBA at present.
 6 years ago '10        #111
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 ROger Rabbit said:
Im a Lapdog
stopped reading after this. yes you are f*ggit
 11-06-2011, 06:57 PM         #112
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 palogee said:
Most of you talking this slave sh*t have no concept of slave history.. GTFOH...

I say the players say fu*k em and go back to college.... Education never goes broke.
actually a lot of educated bums in the world. Education doesn't pay the bills...could lead to something...but not for everybody.
 6 years ago '04        #113
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 0 0
lol at these non spelling dummies arguing
 6 years ago '08        #114
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12274 12274
 StateProperty88 said:
players better take this if they know whats good for them
Better take it or its not gonna get better for em

luker1920 said:
never use the word SLAVES when n*ggaz arguing over millions

your the idiot

i sware you die for these players.

57 percent was a fu*king steal for the players, theyre lucky they got that
That's what I'm saying...the players GOT OVER on the last CBA...they got 57% from the owners in 97'. They out for blood this CBA and I don't blame em. Think 51% is bad wait till mid December when that offer is 45% revenue split, Owners like Players like
 6 years ago '05        #115
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,693 | Props total: 2239 2239
I'll be a slave for 5 mil a year. I'll be an MLE slave. Sign me up boss
 6 years ago '11        #116
ParrisonEnt 
space
space
space
$84 | Props total: 0 0
 StateProperty88 said:
because if they want to stop playing there's the door, its a privilege to play in the nba, they dont have to and most importantly no one is making them
 6 years ago '05        #117
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4903 4903
The players need to take it. I understand that they feel disrespected in given an ultimatum. But cooler heads have to prevail here. They still get the majority BRI as they should since the NBA unlike every other league...is player driven, not team driven. If the BRI is the only thing holding this up and not other issues like salary cap structure etc. then the players need take it and lets get back to basketball.
 6 years ago '07        #118
Gunner 
space
space
$987 | Props total: 731 731
 kingpin222 said:
I'll be a slave for 5 mil a year. I'll be an MLE slave. Sign me up boss
 6 years ago '07        #119
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,409 | Props total: 2525 2525
 Cantankerous said:
The risk of the owners(Billionaires) do not share the same degree of risk these players took to enter the league. You've got athletes coming straight out of HS, 2 years into college, leaving a small percentage with actual degrees to place in the job market. Their physical being is on stake, and economic position at life is compromised when they entered. This isn't about the Wade or Kobe, from players aspect, it's about that n*gga who never even makes the court, and what he risk coming, and when he leaves. Despite all you poor as*holes who have to live off less than 40K a year(no offense, I'm here too), don't bring down the nature of what the owners are doing simply because you chose to be poor in life and not develop a multi-million talent or ability to generate 7 digit+ income, thats lame as sh*t, crab in barrel mentality.

If the company you worked at didn't meet their income targets; who fault is that? The employee, or the owners?(In this case, obviously the owners and those in management for poor decision). If they had made correct decisions, they wouldn't have inflated the salaries of athletes to begin with. Would you take a pay cut of over 6%, knowing that you're loss is not as substantial as you're owners?

In an industry in which you're salary can be negotiated, I sure as hell wouldn't allow for a percentage cut without a f!ght, people want these players to be as poor as them; yet put their dollars in their pockets, d!ckride infinitely, and as soon as they are stripped of that, they turn around and hate as if their attachment to a GAME means anything compared to the actuality of the situation.

How many of you n*ggas would be on the record labels side of artist compensation on an album? From the owners side I feel bad(in the sense if I were in their position), but tough break n*gga, take a lose and improve you're financial structuring of the team, not strip the players of what you foolishly gave to them, in order to maintain a certain margin of profit.

As a non-fanatic of the NBA, this doesn't mean much so
You make good points... But I respectfully disagree... I never bought into the "players taking risk by going to the league so they can be compensated for it." That's a choice that someone actively made... They fact that a small percentage leave and have degrees is the fault of no one but the persons that are making the decisions to forgo the rest of their scholarships.

I had an uncle that got a full ride to a D1 college (for baseball), went a year, saved his money while he was playing [which was pennies compared to what NBA players make) and blew out his knee in Triple A. He wasn't in a dire situation.... He used his money to go back to school, finish his education... and now he's making $150k plus in a down economy... Neither one of his parents even went to college... Pretty much grew up from the country... Be payed attention in what little time he spent with college and made good decisions that eventually paid off to secure his future for his kids.

We talk about holding the owners responsible for making bad business decisions, well I fell like that logic should also apply to the players making the poor life decisions as well. If there's going to be a standard that must be applied, it should be applied to the players as well. You speak of developing a multi-million dollar skill... Well the owners have one of their own. Their business acumen is one as well isn't it? Their skills are arguably worth more.. (They've generated more income over the course of their lives haven't they) so why should they not be entitled to demand more...

I don't believe that people want these players to be as broke as they are. I just think they're a little bit disgusted at the "slave" parallelism that these athletes used. It was a horrible idea to even think about using that term lol... I generally could care less how the outcome happens. I think both sides are being selfish, and the fans are the ones suffering. I also feel like their actions will have repercussions as well... But ah well... I just hope that the NBA. Whatever comes from this... Affects me in no way... So I just wish for their own sake that they wrap it up
 6 years ago '07        #120
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
nba is fu*ked unless the players just cave in and take slave deal nba is done.
slave my a.ss
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
36 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy