most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Galaxy S II or iPhone 4s
Apple iPhone 4S 54 29.35%
Samsung Galaxy S II 130 70.65%
Voters: 184. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
lemme put it this way ,

if i wanted an iphone i would buy an iphone ...... not a samsung iphone ....
 6 years ago '04        #42
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
your galaxy or any android device for that matter might get 1 maybe 2 OS updates before they decide to kick another clone pos to the curb ....

thats the difference between android and ios.

IOS is always cutting edge and available on your apple device . Android phones are obsolete pretty much the next year ...

the debate is so old too , if you want to be different and want everything that apple has created but not apple then you buy a sh*tty android device .... if you have money and buy quality products you would never touch those sh*tty plastic android devices ... heck i would just grab the next phone with mango because that sh*t k!llS android and will k!ll it before apple has to ....
 6 years ago '05        #43
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,079 | Props total: 10755 10755
 11-08-2011, 12:56 PM         #44
xxJREALxx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mszomola said:
your galaxy or any android device for that matter might get 1 maybe 2 OS updates before they decide to kick another clone pos to the curb ....

IOS is always cutting edge and available on your apple device . Android phones are obsolete pretty much the next year ...

the debate is so old too , if you want to be different and want everything that apple has created but not apple then you buy a sh*tty android device .... if you have money and buy quality products you would never touch those sh*tty plastic android devices ... heck i would just grab the next phone with mango because that sh*t k!llS android and will k!ll it before apple has to ....
this is a joke right u do realize that they come with a new i phone every year right...and on top of that with that io5 update you just now getting what we had
 6 years ago '04        #45
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,560 | Props total: 2413 2413
 mszomola said:
Sounds like you mad
 6 years ago '11        #46
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 xxJREALxx said:
this is a joke right u do realize that they come with a new i phone every year right...and on top of that with that io5 update you just now getting what we had
...iPhone 3GS came out 2 and a half years ago and still gets updates.
 6 years ago '11        #47
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Manny05 said:
it all comes down to preference.. S2 has bigger screen, and i prefer android so..
i was gonna get the S2 but when the galaxy nexus was announced..i changed my mind real quick. i love the fact that when you're watching a video, the screen turns from 4.3 to 4.65
you might as well change the poll though, the S2 skyrocket was just announce, and it has even better specs..
Saw the skyrocket --> It has a bigger screen with the same resolution...not sure if i can fu*k with that. Even tho it got a bump to 1.5, it now uses a snapdragon instead of the Exynos... and the Exynos is a better chip.
 6 years ago '06        #48
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 PTC said:
Saw the skyrocket --> It has a bigger screen with the same resolution...not sure if i can fu*k with that. Even tho it got a bump to 1.5, it now uses a snapdragon instead of the Exynos... and the Exynos is a better chip.
True. I like how the s2 is now. It honestly just needs a bigger battery and the newest exyno chip
 6 years ago '05        #49
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,927 | Props total: 10791 10791
Not these arguments again
 6 years ago '08        #50
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #51
Get Familia 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
$2,481 | Props total: 144 144
WOW i'm actually suprised by how much margin the Galaxy S II is winning by...67 votes more than the iPhone 4S so far.

Before i made this thread i thought it would be much closer to be honest...some very interesting comments also.

Anyway i've never owned a smartphone, but today i copped the Galaxy S II....however i have yet to use it. I was really tempted by the iPhone however the screen size kinda sold it for me. I think i would've got bored with the iPhone 4S too quickly because of the similarities with it's previous successor (not much difference).

So for the next 18 months it's all about Android....who knows what Apple will bring out by that time.

Thanks for everyone who voted & commented....it made a small contribution in helping me make my choice.
 6 years ago '07        #52
space
space
By the way how long should i charge the battery out the box....it was already half-full when i switched it on.

Do i need to charge it fully or let it drain out first??
 11-10-2011, 08:10 PM         #53
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drain it till it turns off. Put a full length movie on, fullscreen it and let it run till the battery dies (Or just use it to makes calls, surf the internet etc). Then charge it to the absolute max and turn it on. Always do that with new phones first.
 6 years ago '07        #54
space
space
 Cipherr said:
Drain it till it turns off. Put a full length movie on, fullscreen it and let it run till the battery dies (Or just use it to makes calls, surf the internet etc). Then charge it to the absolute max and turn it on. Always do that with new phones first.
Oh sh*t!.....I just decided to put in on charge. It's been on charge for about 40 minutes now.

Will it affect my battery performance..?? Last thing i wanna do is mess it up.

I wish the manual would make it clear, it say 'before using the device, you must fully charge the battery'.
 6 years ago '06        #55
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
 mszomola said:

Cutting edge? Their updates barely come with any improvements & every innovative idea they implement has been done already by their own 3rd party developers. Don't act like once a new iPhone comes out they don't start dropping support for older devices and limit new enhancements to newer devices only when the older devices are more than capable of running these new enhancements.

That money excuse is tired and lame. When most of these devices are equally expensive as an iPhone.

Money played no role in my reason to switch from an iPhone to Android. (I paid in full for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, & iPhone 4.) I was just sick and tired of worrying about Apple pushing updates to break my jailbreak which I needed to do sh*t that an Android was letting it's users do on a stock firmware.

I'm currently using a device that was abandoned 2 months after it's release, so yes there is a problem with phone companies abandoning phone updates. But even then we don't have to worry about official updates when we have developers creating custom ROMs. I'm doing just fine running the latest Gingerbread on a device that was abandoned. iPhone users don't have that luxury.. There are people still using an iPhone 3G running iOS 3.X because updating to the last supported firmware (4.X) makes the phone damn near unusable even with the fact that multitasking is disabled.

With all that said I would not boycott the iPhone nor would I try to persuade others who ask for my advice to get an Android device. Both sides have pros & cons.. People need to realize that and put an end to all this fanboy bickering.. Each individual will like what they like and choose the device that best fits their needs.
 11-11-2011, 02:14 AM         #56
paliknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andhily said:
Very surprised that the SGSII is leading.. and btw it would be Super Amoled vs TFT LCD

but then again i'm not surprised that we got iphone users in here thinkin that retina is somekind of mystical display and not 326 ppi
lmfao i was about to say. people compare amoled to retina. retina is not a type of display, its just a BS technology that apple named to advertise their phones. in the end, the iphone 4 has the same exact screen phones have had for the past 10 years, except with better resolution.

this is coming from a 3 year iphone user, the SII wins hands down.
 6 years ago '11        #57
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
Just came back from the ATT store after playing with the skyrocket for 30 minutes, and 15 minutes yesterday...

1st off, the resolution is not cool. The bigger screen is nice, but unacceptable at that resolution. Not sure if the 4.5 inch screen makes that big of a difference from 4.3... so people with the S2 and Infuse at 4.3 are still experiencing this low resolution issue. I had the Vivid right next to me and it looked much better purely just due to the resolution (didn't watch any movies tho)...

And if you can't see why Apple brings up these lawsuits against samsung, you're just biased. You'd do the same thing. I mean they went even as far as to copy the fu*kin text messaging bubbles? For real? You're really that uncreative you have to steal that?

I'm not in a 4G LTE area right now (Los Angeles), but probably will be sooner than later. Not sure why the wifi network I was connected to wasn't fast in a big ATT store. The web browsing in general is cool... not sure I like all the fonts the android browser uses tho. Maybe theres a setting to change that. The resolution makes a huge difference tho, you can really tell when browsing on an iPhone vs Skyrocket. The iPhone formats the pages much better tho... so you don't have to always zoom in, even tho it's on a much smaller screen.

Was using the gmail app to test the emailing, and that sh*t sucked. When viewing an email, you can't zoom in and out? For real? Maybe this was just the app tho, however I've heard the default emailing app for android sucks a.ss too. Didn't test this out because nothing was set up on it. I've read about k-9, so maybe that's better.

Google maps is obviously better on android. The phone itself was snappier than I expected...few instances where I was just messing around with downloading apps, installing apps, the phone would just pause or not do the command I asked it to do. Generally tho, it was better than I expected.

Overall, it's a good phone. I'm nearing my 30 day for my iPhone 4s, and if there is anytime to try out Android again it's now, before the next major iPhone release..not tryna wait for the Galaxy Nexus tho.

So it's either Skyrocket or iPhone 4s... not fu*king with HTC.

Last edited by PTC; 11-11-2011 at 05:43 PM..
 11-11-2011, 09:39 PM         #58
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get Familia said:
Oh sh*t!.....I just decided to put in on charge. It's been on charge for about 40 minutes now.

Will it affect my battery performance..?? Last thing i wanna do is mess it up.

I wish the manual would make it clear, it say 'before using the device, you must fully charge the battery'.

Oh don't worry that much about it. Just make sure to drain it eventually. Its always something you want to do with a new phone, but if you don't do it, the worse that can happen is your batterys syncing might be off. Showing that you have like 20% left, and then your phone just dies because in actuality the phone only had 3% left. You don't want that to happen when you are in a bind and really need to use your phone.

Its not extremely common, but sometimes phones and batteries are out of sync, mostly happens when they are brand new. Draining them till the deplete helps the phone get a better sync on how to read the batteries remaining juice to the OS.
 6 years ago '04        #59
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,686 | Props total: 13088 13088
why the fu*k does google maps still suck on iOS

I'm using this wack ios app called Wuze for navigation

Thinking of trading this iP4 for the Galaxy S2.
 11-12-2011, 12:28 AM         #60
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:
why the fu*k does google maps still suck on iOS

I'm using this wack ios app called Wuze for navigation

Thinking of trading this iP4 for the Galaxy S2.

google aint givin u dat good sh*t..

what carrier u on?
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago