GTA V File Size: Three DVDs Not Enough For Xbox 360? (Analysis)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #21
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 116 116
 Jesszman said:
And what exactly is that?
build an incredible amount of hype off of one trailer for a game thats a year away from being released. how wasnt that obvious?
 6 years ago '11        #22
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 el bundy said:
build an incredible amount of hype off of one trailer for a game thats a year away from being released. how wasnt that obvious?
A lot of games have done that...
 6 years ago '11        #23
space
space
space
 PhrozenMenace said:
as long as they dont hold content back
they probably willl, they have to pay for each disc after 2 or 3.
 11-05-2011, 12:48 PM         #24
Kakarot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #25
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
gta4 didnt have 2 discs for 360
 6 years ago '11        #26
space
space
space
 Venom said:
we already know that...
 6 years ago '11        #27
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3
 coolio said:
oh my

I hear one extra disc will also be provided if u plan to use guns and cars..if not then its all running and fist f!ghting..as an Xbox owner I love having choices like these
 11-05-2011, 02:35 PM         #28
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
It doesn't matter how much content each disc has on it, it's the fact that you're gonna have to switch discs if you like to jump missions, or do some other sh*t, could you imagine if uncharted 3 came on 3 discs? I mean, it'd be amazing since it has all of that extra content, but for hunting trophies, that would be a straight bi*ch.
Youre speaking as if in order to get to a certain part of the city it'd require you to switch discs....No. Its just for the story elements and so on, that'd be it.

People didnt complain back when Final Fantasy and Metal Gear were making people switch discs on the PS1...Infact they almost celebrated the idea of a game being that large...I think this type of thing is only magnified because PS3 fans and such need to feel superior somewhere...I mean getting outsold by 360, getting worse reviews than multi plat games on 360, and having a worse online experience than 360 equals a mountain of losses....I mean a few months ago sony users couldnt even sign into their respective accounts to play online, and it rendered some games completely unplayable....The trade off is they can say "Hey we all got hacked, got our credit cards stolen but atleast we dont have to switch discs!"......Really?

As an owner of both systems....I'll be buying it for 360 even if it comes on 10 discs....Rather enjoy things like a better gaming community, a more stable online offering, and not have to worry about the risk of my credit card being traded on 4chan by 14 year olds. My glorified Blu-Ray player will still just be used by wifey to watch her movies lol.

Also Console Wars 5-6 years after the systems have been on the markets kinda corny...I kinda figured people wouldve either gotten over it, or just bought all the systems by now. I mean God of Wars dope, Uncharteds okay, but Gears and sh*t are cool to.....I'd rather play all the games than losing out and cheering for a company who doesnt give a sh*t about me lol.

But carry on PS3 Fanboys and Xbots.
 6 years ago '11        #29
space
space
space
360 fanboys smh. So you feel that since you're getting more discs, you're getting a better experience? smh. If developers start to port games from the wiiu to the ps3 and 360, then you're going to need bigger discs anyway since the speculated capacity for the wiiu is 25gb right now.

I'll type out a more thought out response later, i'm going somewhere.

Last edited by Jesszman; 11-05-2011 at 02:56 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #30
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 Phicmagic said:
Youre speaking as if in order to get to a certain part of the city it'd require you to switch discs....No. Its just for the story elements and so on, that'd be it.

People didnt complain back when Final Fantasy and Metal Gear were making people switch discs on the PS1...Infact they almost celebrated the idea of a game being that large...I think this type of thing is only magnified because PS3 fans and such need to feel superior somewhere...I mean getting outsold by 360, getting worse reviews than multi plat games on 360, and having a worse online experience than 360 equals a mountain of losses....I mean a few months ago sony users couldnt even sign into their respective accounts to play online, and it rendered some games completely unplayable....The trade off is they can say "Hey we all got hacked, got our credit cards stolen but atleast we dont have to switch discs!"......Really?

As an owner of both systems....I'll be buying it for 360 even if it comes on 10 discs....Rather enjoy things like a better gaming community, a more stable online offering, and not have to worry about the risk of my credit card being traded on 4chan by 14 year olds. My glorified Blu-Ray player will still just be used by wifey to watch her movies lol.

Also Console Wars 5-6 years after the systems have been on the markets kinda corny...I kinda figured people wouldve either gotten over it, or just bought all the systems by now. I mean God of Wars dope, Uncharteds okay, but Gears and sh*t are cool to.....I'd rather play all the games than losing out and cheering for a company who doesnt give a sh*t about me lol.

But carry on PS3 Fanboys and Xbots.
We didn't have a choice back then either and I hate multiple disk ,did then,do now
 6 years ago '09        #31
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,712 | Props total: 6208 6208
 Pistol Peter said:
lol gta has done in one week what most other gaming franchises can't do in months or longer

the gaming world is buzzing right now
The days of GTA being the most anticipated game are gone, theres to many people who religiously play COD, Gears, Halo and other games for them to be to pushed GTA anymore.

The last gen single player ruled(on consoles atleast) but things have changed and its multiplyer that takes up most peoples gaming time

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 11-05-2011 at 03:06 PM..
 11-05-2011, 03:22 PM         #32
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
360 fanboys smh. So you feel that since you're getting more discs, you're getting a better experience? smh. If developers start to port games from the wiiu to the ps3 and 360, then you're going to need bigger discs anyway since the speculated capacity for the wiiu is 25gb right now.

I'll type out a more thought out response later, i'm going somewhere.
But who said more discs=a better experience though?................If you read my post you would understand im saying more discs doesnt alter the experience.....Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7(and 8) were considered GOAT tier games for that system and they had disc swapping going on.....n*ggas werent up in arms cause they had to swap discs...they celebrated it...The disc swapping going on with the 360 is only being given the negative treatment because PS3 fanboys need a reason to feel like their system is superior somewhere....But I dont think people really give a damn.

I dont really see anyone going out to buy a PS3 come next Summer because they want GTA on one disc....its seriously a non issue in the bigger scheme of things....

Im saying a better experience exists on 360 because with whats offered in the way of online services, plus the stability that I see on 360....IN MY OPINION....Its just better....

And once again this entire discussion is a non issue/non factor anyhow.
 11-05-2011, 03:23 PM         #33
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JCSIII said:
We didn't have a choice back then either and I hate multiple disk ,did then,do now
You did have a choice, either buy it, or dont buy it. Nobody cared back then, and the masses wont care now.
 11-05-2011, 03:28 PM         #34
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kakarot said:

[pic - click to view]

have the ring green when he comes in and red ring when he leaves.
 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM         #35
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Venom said:
GTA 4 = 1 Disc

Episodes of Liberty City = 1 Disc

GTA 4 The Complete Edition = 2 Discs

GTA 5

1 Disc.

+ DLC.
 11-05-2011, 03:45 PM         #36
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
GTA 4 = 1 Disc

Episodes of Liberty City = 1 Disc

GTA 4 The Complete Edition = 2 Discs

GTA 5

1 Disc.

+ DLC.
I was going to say that lol....but I didnt think I needed to. If its the same game then it doesnt matter....If for some strange reason the PS3 or PC version had story elements and characters that the 360 just couldnt have....then I'd go "Im not buying the 360 version, fu*k THAT sh*t!".............but it doesnt...Its going to be the same experience on the consoles.
 6 years ago '06        #37
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
fu*k ps3 and yall fu*k boy fans
 6 years ago '08        #38
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,105 | Props total: 23319 23319
 ShadyVsEminem said:
The days of GTA being the most anticipated game are gone, theres to many people who religiously play COD, Gears, Halo and other games for them to be to pushed GTA anymore.

The last gen single player ruled(on consoles atleast) but things have changed and its multiplyer that takes up most peoples gaming time
GTA5 is the most anticipated game right now, what are you talking about?

GTA4 sold 22 million
 6 years ago '05        #39
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,888 | Props total: 20985 20985
Where do you find these lame stories? Never heard of that website, lol. It's possible, but I doubt it. The file size of GTA won't be as big as L.A. Noire, the cinematic sequences are what made L.A. Noire that huge for the most part. If GTA is 3 discs, it just shows that Rockstar are morons if Skyrim can EASILY fit on one disc.

Even if it does have 3 discs, the funny part is, the 360 version will still sell far better. Keep grasping for straws PS3 fanboys.
 11-05-2011, 04:15 PM         #40
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phicmagic said:
I was going to say that lol....but I didnt think I needed to. If its the same game then it doesnt matter....If for some strange reason the PS3 or PC version had story elements and characters that the 360 just couldnt have....then I'd go "Im not buying the 360 version, fu*k THAT sh*t!".............but it doesnt...Its going to be the same experience on the consoles.
yea, people dont realize these analyst articles are just fanboy fodder for blogs and boards, 3 months from now, everything in this prediction will be proven wrong and people wont even bat an eye, just move to the next hot topic.

but, i might change my answer to 2 Discs. But absolutely no more than 2, this is more of a dream scenario where they do the same as Battlefield where one disc is game data and the 2nd DVD is use to install and cache the city and environments. They can do that and have a better online experience since everyone will have the same cities on their hard drives and no one can really mod the game too much outside the players clothes.......

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 11-05-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
139 comments
2 days ago