Hardline owners, led by Michael Jordan, could send lockout negotiations into a tailspin

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
47 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
109 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
290 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
 Ni2 said:
is michael jordan not credited for making all these guys rich though? i mean he obviously made basketball a lot more mainstream then it was. hes talked about or was talked about as being the most recognizable athlete in the world. tiger for example got everyone paid, from last place to some guy doing analysis.
You are correct but you need to put it in a proper context. MJ made himself super rich and the by product of that was making the NBA more lucrative and the players making more money. MJ couldn't give a rats a.ss about those other players.

Example: when MJ came back in 95 he was making around $30M a season on year-to-year contracts. Still no one ever has made that much. But Pippen on the other hand was making less than Toni Kukoc, less than $5M/year. You think MJ stepped up and said, "wait a minute me and Pip won 3 chips for y'all and this foreign no name Kukoc ain't done sh*t. Pay Pip what he's do!"

Hell naw! MJ just kept collecting checks and kept his mouth shut and earned more money. MJ only cares about MJ and I'm not saying he's wrong but you can't write sh*t like you did insinuating he did it for the better of the league and the players. He did it for the better of MJ.
 6 years ago '04        #62
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
 ReggieA said:
A couple reason, he wanted to make sure he kept the core team when he was winning championships in the 90's plus he was making triple off of endorsements than his NBA checks, in Washington, which I do not count , he donated his small salary to charity.

this is not true

Jordan got paid so little early because he signed a ridiculously long contract with the team when he was young, so he ended up being underpaid for most of his career. When he was able to get a bigger contract, he did and was getting paid 30+ million a season

Scottie did the same thing if you look at his salary history. It wasnt about keeping the team together. FOH with that bullsh*t
 6 years ago '04        #63
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
 abstractq said:
Jordan dont even care about the percentage real talk

he just wants the lockout to continue so Kobe can miss a season and maybe not surpass him. . .
don't you mean further in front?
 11-05-2011, 08:48 AM         #64
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tikyle2 said:
You are correct but you need to put it in a proper context. MJ made himself super rich and the by product of that was making the NBA more lucrative and the players making more money. MJ couldn't give a rats a.ss about those other players.

Example: when MJ came back in 95 he was making around $30M a season on year-to-year contracts. Still no one ever has made that much. But Pippen on the other hand was making less than Toni Kukoc, less than $5M/year. You think MJ stepped up and said, "wait a minute me and Pip won 3 chips for y'all and this foreign no name Kukoc ain't done sh*t. Pay Pip what he's do!"

Hell naw! MJ just kept collecting checks and kept his mouth shut and earned more money. MJ only cares about MJ and I'm not saying he's wrong but you can't write sh*t like you did insinuating he did it for the better of the league and the players. He did it for the better of MJ.

naw folk actually both Jordan & Pippen were pissed off at da whole Kukoc situation before he even arrived & definitely let ERRYBODY know how they felt. Krause fat a.ss wuz talkin up Kukoc damn near 2 years in advance & bein an advanced scout besides his GM duties only made sh*t worse. he scouted obsessively over Kukoc and acted like he won a damn prize when he handed that boy his big contract

Mike only aint speak up for Scottie but for Phil too cuz he aint have no deal in place at da time & they thought obviously it wuz criminal. Krause played hard ball n/h wit his big three and lost heavy mayne. ended up returnin from da lock out wit no Jax and hella bums. be clear though mayne Mike spoke up for Scottie ya dig
 6 years ago '08        #65
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23355 23355
MJ don't fu*k with NO n*ggas. I thought we established that?
 6 years ago '05        #66
GST 
space
space
$14,847 | Props total: 2420 2420
damn...MJ is a fukn traitor...says alot about him..kind of reminds me Herman Cain
 6 years ago '09        #67
NLSP42 153 heat pts153
space
space
$7,856 | Props total: 9121 9121
 abstractq said:

he just wants the lockout to continue so Kobe can miss a season and maybe not surpass him. . .
Kobe had his chance in May and we all know how that went

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #68
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
my n*gga Jordan is heartless than a mothafu*ka...can't even hate on dude though, he probably knows the money these little n*ggas can make outside of NBA revenue by marketing themselves.
 6 years ago '11        #69
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 GST said:
damn...MJ is a fukn traitor...says alot about him..kind of reminds me Herman Cain
yo, explain the 9-9-9 financial plan...once you find out you don't know what the fu*k you talking about, don't bring up politics again in your life
 11-05-2011, 11:47 AM         #70
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jordan is the jayz of basketball

wwjd
 11-05-2011, 11:55 AM         #71
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P.Dot said:
This solidifies it.
Kobe>Mj.

If this n*gga fuks my nba sh*t some more, ima start burnin my jordans and start giving out free fades to any n*gga with jordans on

anyone can fu*king get it!

Im Screaming
 6 years ago '10        #72
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8023 8023
JOrdan stay wit tha fly sh*t
 6 years ago '11        #73
southpawdachamp 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,966 | Props total: 1424 1424
 GUNITZCAPO said:
come on now u kno jordan dont care bout that sh*t...what nba star is coming to charlotte....go head ill wait

When did Chris Paul stop being a superstar?
 6 years ago '06        #74
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
37? 30 fu*kin 7?
 6 years ago '06        #75
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 264 264
37%

He tryin' to do the players dirty
 6 years ago '04        #76
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4

Jordan is a goon
 6 years ago '05        #77
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,103 | Props total: 4236 4236
 lifesabeach said:
I AIN'T TRYING TO TAKE NO PICTURES WITH NO NI**AS!

damn, that makes me not even wonna wear J's like that..... Mike's a as*hole nonstop
 6 years ago '09        #78
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 839 839
boycott n*ggaz shoes and i bet he'll come to his senses
 11-05-2011, 02:53 PM         #79
illmatic52 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:

Son, that sh*t was over with years ago. MJ da gawd.
 6 years ago '07        #80
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
MJ the same n*gga that fought for the rights of the nba using his name...this n*gga is a scumbag...I hope the bobcats get contracted...no offense to Bobcat fans but you have a sh*t head as an owner
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
35 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
76 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
115 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
167 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
129 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy