Hardline owners, led by Michael Jordan, could send lockout negotiations into a tailspin

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Brdn08 said:
MJ the GOAT!! He'll win this too!
 6 years ago '05        #22
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
MJ is the GOAT but I want my bball god damnit!
 6 years ago '11        #23
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Sheeed said:
37% ....they can't be serious

Business is business but it odd that they're being led by a former player smh
Would you like to see this former players salary when he was in the NBA?

[pic - click to view]

Let's compare to this to Kobe Bean

[pic - click to view]

notably, you can also see the difference in how many years both players played in the league, and the person with the less amount of time in the league has accomplished more accolades than the one who has had more... come at me bro.
 6 years ago '08        #24
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12275 12275
 PTC said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

notably, you can also see the difference in how many years both players played in the league, and the person with the less amount of time in the league has accomplished more accolades than the one who has had more... come at me bro.
I'm sure Kobe Bean would gladly accept 1 less ring than Michael Jordan for $100 Million in NBA Salary
 6 years ago '04        #25
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
Ol' descendant of Rufus a.ss n*gga..
 6 years ago '05        #26
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,693 | Props total: 2239 2239
 PTC said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

That's like comparing a CEOs pay from the mid 80s - 200 with someone from the mid 90s-2010s. The sport and the $$ they made grew with things like the availability of cable and the internet. Not to mention the incredible growth our economy witnessed in the 90s. I'm not saying players should be making that much but its not as simple as new contracts. I'm sure owners from the Jordan Era, pre-lockout were taking advantage of their players and making vasts amount of loot. It seems that now that Jordan is on the other side of this, he wants to go back to a similar time
 6 years ago '04        #27
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 PTC said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The players are finally being compensated what they deserve. Back then Jordan was getting ripped off. So this only proves the point that the owners were greedy and exploited the players, and now the players are getting a fairer deal. Try again.
 6 years ago '11        #28
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
I think the 37% is a typo...It has to be. The author before said Jordan was pushin for 47%. Ain't no way in hell Jordan is that much of a d!ck
 6 years ago '09        #29
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 2777 2777
Jordan is still winning, even in a suit behind a desk
 6 years ago '08        #30
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
He just trying to keep Kobe from getting #6
 6 years ago '05        #31
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
it's 47 not 37.. not sure why the journalist is stating otherwise when every other article reporting the same news is saying 47%..
 6 years ago '07        #32
Pass The Dutchi 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,119 | Props total: 1379 1379

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #33
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Jordan will not lose. And the owners are right.

It's not cool to have hundreds of millions of dollars locked up in an investment that LOSES $5-25 million per year. End of story.
 6 years ago '04        #34
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
The players are finally being compensated what they deserve. Back then Jordan was getting ripped off. So this only proves the point that the owners were greedy and exploited the players, and now the players are getting a fairer deal. Try again.
Jordan as well as the rest of those players did just fine with their salaries. Players are being "compensated what they deserve", are you serious? I have YET to hear about a SINGLE NBA player that was struggling because of money while in the NBA.

LOL @ the thought that these cats NEED 20 mill buck salaries because 17 mill would be soooo horrible.
 6 years ago '06        #35
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
Ive always hated this mother fu*ker Jordan. He's a piece of sh*t as*hole and he's showing his full colors with this proposal.
 6 years ago '04        #36
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 2549 2549
 Magnificent Phoenix said:

if i was an owner i'd pay them bums 150 thousand. star players cap out at like 700 thousand. big faces get a mil.
 6 years ago '08        #37
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
smh at grown man not being able to figure things out when they getting paid millions
 6 years ago '04        #38
jiggyfresh1 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,241 | Props total: 380 380
Why do ppl trip on how much the players get paid? The owners gave it out and I never heard of a payroll being missed so they clearly had it to spend. Its like when the CEOs in the financial industry where still getting bonuses even though they were losing money and being bailed out. The sh*t is not fair but it is what it is. If I was an owner I would try to come up as much as possible and the same for the players. The players are making concessions cuz they know they getting fu*ked regardless but the owners don't even wanna grease em up or give them a call afterwards. And for dude comparing the salaries correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the players get a certain % of BRI back then as well? If so Mike shouldn't be mad cuz he played in a different era. He is actually the cause of the escalation of player salaries cuz he helped the owners experience a great period of business growth which allowed them to compensate the ppl who made them that cash.
 6 years ago '04        #39
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
 Mike Nitty said:

[pic - click to view]

I'm pro owners btw....when they make money the product is always better across the board.

When the inmates run the asylum, we get Decision 2010 and 6-8 teams with a legitimate shot to win.
:agreement6:

the players don't deserve 10m a season - max nba salary should be like 7-8m -- with the extra $ owners can re-invest into the team or use the money on other ventures doesnt make sense to give the players the money they just gunna give it to they cuzzin who gunna spend it on hookers n blow
 6 years ago '06        #40
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
I really just don't give a fu*k about either of their positions to be honest. Players are overpaid, owners are greedy pieces of sh*t. In a perfect world they would cut the amount of money the superstars make, give some of that to the lower-tier players, lower ticket prices and owners will still get their 48-50% chunk but it would be slightly less. But we don't live in a perfect world and the overpaid players and greedy owners have the fans by the balls.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago