Young Jeezy TM 103 Listening Recap

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

6 years ago '04        #21
thetrapper 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$1,985 | Props total: 1198 1198
 spittapilottalk said:
change ya life is the eminem song.

smh..gibbs signing to CTE<<<<
no n*gga change ya life is not the eminiem song

the em song is a totally diff record

change ya life is a newer record he did in la bout 2 months ago

the em song was done in 2010

i know cause young played it for me
EmJay23 gave props

11-04-2011, 10:42 AM         #22
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Young Jeezy held a private intimate listening session for his long-awaited album, Thug Motivation 103: Hustlaz Ambition (due December 20), at New York’s infamous Quad Recording Studios last night (November 3), highlighted by “I Do,” which featured both Jay-Z and Andre 3000 on the M16-produced track.

The gorgeous song features a dream-like lineup as Jizzle teams up with Jay-Z and Andre 3000 for the momentous occasion, dedicated to potential leading ladies.

“I say, I see some ladies in here tonight I might marry/ Thrown off the Belve and ‘Trone, it’s too scary/ Baby, you can have whatever you like, the tooth fairy/ I do anything to leave here tonight with you, Sherry,” Snow bellows on the hook. Portions of the track leaked over the summer, including the OutKast MC’s verse. However, the final version is now complete with Hov on board.

The TM103 event was held in a semi-confined, dark room on the tenth floor of Quad Studios and cell phones were confiscated to avoid any recording of of the material. As the clock struck just past 8PM, Jeezy — sporting all black — walked in to a round of cheers. Backed by familiar faces like Kevin Liles (who is working with Jeezy as management), Irv Gotti, and a slew of label reps, including the President of Island Def Jam Music Group, Steve Bartels, the man of the hour reminded those in attendance the long road to TM103 still has a way to go. “What we’re about to hear are some tracks that are still subject to change before the LP’s release on 12/20,” he explained.

TM103′s intro started off the night as the anthemic bass-rattling banger blasted through the massive subb woofers in the room. “Four albums in ni**a still talking real sh*t/Three classics in and that’s on some real sh*t,” Jeezy spit. Many will find the song familiar though, as it was featured on the recently released trailer for the album’s release date, but this time the track, titled “Warning,” includes the second verse.

“Trap” featuring Jill Scott, proved to be introspective. The J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League-produced cut find the songstress crooning as Jeezy churns out a dope boy salvo.

[pic - click to view]

“This album is the soundtrack to my life,” Jeezy told the attendees.

One of the highlights of the night came when a Ne-Yo-assisted number titled “Leave You Alone” came on. Featuring surprise production duties by Warren G., the smooth record ignited loud reactions in the dimly lit room, as many on the Def Jam team chanted, “Jiz-zle, Jiz-zle!” It didn’t stop there, however. It became a label bash when employees requested the song be repeated. High-ranking employees on down two-stepped to the uptempo track.

As the vibe in the room became more and more celebratory, Jeezy thanked everyone. ”Now let’s grand finale this thing,” he said as he introduced “I Do,” which blasted through the speakers.

According to Def Jam, “Lose My Mind” “F.A.M.E.,” and “Ballin’” will make the album, but it’s unclear if ”Shake Life,” among other material, will make the final track-listing. —Ralph Bristout

6 years ago '08        #23
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
 thetrapper said:
no n*gga change ya life is not the eminiem song

the em song is a totally diff record

change ya life is a newer record he did in la bout 2 months ago

the em song was done in 2010

i know cause young played it for me
So what's the final word on the Shawty Redd intro? Did they just scrap it?
 11-04-2011, 10:51 AM         #24
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Young Jeezy walked into the lounge of Quad Studios in Manhattan, the black-on-black cover to his new album TM103: Hustlaz Ambition (out December 20th) posted on an easel in the corner, low key. The room was small, dark and smelled vaguely of vanilla-scented candles. Def Jam staffers greeted writers, and Irv Gotti (who is very publicly lobbying to be president of the label) walked in with a winter cap and a smile, shook hands and then left. It was a friendly atmosphere, and Jeezy seemed in a good mood, despite the journey: "It took a little time, but more on that later." He laughed, everyone laughed, though it wasn't really a joke. "It's been a long time coming."

TM103, his fourth album but the third in a series, has been less pushed-back than shoved, a tortured process of try-try-againing. The album's lead single, "Lose My Mind," a wall-puncher with Plies, hit the streets over eighteen months ago. Three other songs have been released to radio since; none will make the final master. An official tracklisting, released six weeks ago through Jeezy's Twitter, is unrecognizable from the album today. When asked what happened to "Shake Life," he shrugged, his voice more gravelly than usual: "It's just one of those things, man."

The oh-so-appropriately titled opening track "Waiting" bursts with operatic swoons, big drums and bigger bass, as Jeezy not-so-gently attempts to take back his spot. He reintroduces himself, saying, "the one you been waiting on…one of n*ggas talking this real sh*t," not-so-veiled shots in Rick Ross' direction. (Ross has quickly and effectively Talented Mr. Ripley-ed Young Jeezy in the past two years, becoming a superstar in the process. Once friendly, they're now, well, not.) This sets the tone for the album, a whirlpool of aggression, unsurprising if solid.

Jeezy makes a specific type of record very well: the soundtrack to a club f!ght. Throughout the album's fourteen tracks, Jeezy hits that nail repeatedly; so often, in fact, that it can be rendered unremarkable. (Four of the songs played last night probably wouldn't be able to be picked out of a police lineup.) The best of these is the perfectly lurching "Smoke & fu*k." (Jeezy, explaining the song, said it was about "smoking and fu*king.") In "OJ," a cocaine-flow fantasia, he brags about "killing that white bi*ch," with Fabolous and Jadakiss each joining the powder melee. Jeezy makes a reference to having a "dirty white bi*ch, Kat Stacks." Kat Stacks is Venezuelan, but whatever.

In this context, the standouts come when Jeezy steps out of his own shadow, attempting crossovers, softening his fire-scorched voice. He recalled a conversation he had with Ne-Yo, leading up to their collaboration: "I said, 'Yo, I got this idea 'cause I'm trying to get the chicks in my show. It's full of thugs…I tried to sing the sh*t to Ne-Yo, but it didn't come out right'." He laughed that smoker's laugh before playing "Leave It Alone," the kind of smooth hit that radio station PDs eat up. (Produced by Warren G! It sounds very airy, breezy, Watch The Throne-y.) Jeezy: "That's what a Ne-Yo and Jeezy chick record sounds like. This is what a Jeezy chick record sounds like." That led into "Smoke & fu*k," which is not a chick record at all.

"I Do," the grand finale, sounds lush, a long-lost sibling to Three-6 Mafia's "I Choose You." The final track has all of the soul that the album had been missing up to that point. (It's about finding love in the club, love in the chapel, and the nights in between.) "I won't even tell y'all who's on the track. I'm just gonna play it." Jeezy grinned, then retreated to the corner, drink in hand. He sipped, watching the room enter freak-out mode, returning to shake hands and dap up glint-eyed writers first as they heard Jay-Z's voice kick in, and again when Andre-3000's verse started. Jay rhymes "Mercedes" with "make a baby," but Andre is particularly fun, here: "You know that juicy fruit ain't gon' fall far from the tree, so if we ever whoop-di-whoop and then we beep-de-beep…" They played it twice, and twice wasn't enough.

It's unclear whether Jeezy will regain his spot. With so much well-publicized hype, it can never live up to expectations; the cards against him stack high. But, there are definitely needles in the haystack; more appropriately, there are bullets in the gun. And, it seems, there's still f!ght in the dog.

Read more:
 6 years ago '04        #25
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,367 | Props total: 6377 6377

win is on the album?
 11-04-2011, 11:00 AM         #26
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:

win is on the album?
Yes it is. Track 9 I believe.
 6 years ago '09        #27
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,658 | Props total: 13136 13136
Release date?
 11-04-2011, 11:13 AM         #28
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kontrast0 said:
Release date?
Young Jeezy walked into the lounge of Quad Studios in Manhattan, the black-on-black cover to his new album TM103: Hustlaz Ambition (out December 20th)

Read more:
 11-04-2011, 11:25 AM         #29
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dis sh*t is goin to be maaaaaaaaad garbage....jezzy hella confused!!!....he premiered 4 singles, Ballin wit tune, Shake Life, F.A.M.E wit TIP, And All White Everything with gotti....plus he fu*kin shot da video for Jizzle Wit Lil Jon !...but then none of them make da album!!!...lets be real here people ! Ballin was dis n*gga hardest single he dropped so far !
 11-04-2011, 11:28 AM         #30
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 spittapilottalk said:
bet you rick ross has wale and meek mill and maybe even pill and stalley on his album, kanye had pusha t on more than one song on his album, etc.

could have put gibbs on one of the collab tracks and let him merk them.
yeah dat n*gga rarely put his artist on his albums!!!....ross be having gunplay, torch, and etc on his sh*t lettin dem shine
 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM         #31
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks weak but the label picks the songs at the end of the day
 11-04-2011, 11:32 AM         #32
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deLeet said:
looks weak but the label picks the songs at the end of the day
see!!!...well if they're doing that to Jeezy then he's not officially a boss yet...n*ggas like Wayne, T.I.P, Ye, and even gucci pick their own sh*t !
 11-04-2011, 11:37 AM         #33
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Millerionaire87 said:
see!!!...well if they're doing that to Jeezy then he's not officially a boss yet...n*ggas like Wayne, T.I.P, Ye, and even gucci pick their own sh*t !
Jeezy still on his first contract thats why, he needs to get out of def jam asap
 11-04-2011, 11:37 AM         #34
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Millerionaire87 said:
.lets be real here people ! Ballin was dis n*gga hardest single he dropped so far !
 6 years ago '10        #35
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,639 | Props total: 144 144
hold up is "nothing" and "used to have nothing" the same song? lol
 6 years ago '11        #36
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
3. OJ Ft. Fabolous & Jadakiss

[pic - click to view]

11-04-2011, 02:05 PM         #37
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Loso Luciano24 said:
[COLOR="Yellow"]3. OJ Ft. Fabolous & Jadakiss[/COLOR
 6 years ago '08        #38
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,565 | Props total: 2394 2394
I've always wondered... Why wasn't "The Recession" TM103? This album should've been TM104.
 11-04-2011, 02:16 PM         #39
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cooked Brickz said:
I've always wondered... Why wasn't "The Recession" TM103? This album should've been TM104.
Because he was on the Obama kick, that was when there was talk of a recession.
 6 years ago '04        #40
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,447 | Props total: 6039 6039
:hyper:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago