Shaq Also Calls Out LeBron in New Book

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
61 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
10009 pageviews
118 comments

joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
Shaq Also Calls Out LeBron in New Book

Shaq calls out Lebron James in new book

by: Ira Winderman November 2nd, 2011 | 11:01 AM

Had the NBA lockout not gotten in the way, we could have heard the words, instead of being reduced to reading them.

Thursday night, TNT had been scheduled to televise Heat-Magic, which would have afforded Shaquille O’Neal, in his new studio role with the network, an opportunity to address two of his former teams.

For now, though, we’ll have to rely on the print Shaq, in this case his impending autobiography “Shaq Uncut: My Story.”

Considering the excerpt released Wednesday by HoopsWorld.com, Shaq on LeBron James (and perhaps LeBron on Shaq in the locker room) could have made for fascinating Thursday fodder at AmericanAirlines Arena.

As it is, we’ll let Shaq take you back to his lone season as LeBron’s teammate with the Cavaliers.

To O’Neal, 2009-10 came down to one mission for Cleveland: Placating James so he would not leave at season’s end as a free agent (which he eventually did, to the Heat).

Shaquille O'Neal (left) and LeBron James shared a unique season in Cleveland. (File)
“LeBron was a huge star,” O’Neal wrote in the autobiography. “He was as big as I was in 2000 in L.A. when I was dominating the league.

“Our coach, Mike Brown, was a nice guy, but he had to live on edge because nobody was supposed to be confrontational with LeBron. Nobody wanted him to leave Cleveland, so he was allowed to do whatever he wanted to do.

“I remember one day in a film session LeBron didn’t get back on defense after a missed shot. Mike Brown didn’t say anything about it. He went to the next clip and it was Mo Williams not getting back and Mike was saying, ‘Yo, Mo, we can’t have that. You’ve got to hustle a little more.’ So Delonte West is sitting there and he’s seen enough and he stands up and says, ‘Hold up, now. You can’t be pus*yfooting around like that. Everyone has to be accountable for what they do, not just some us.’ Mike Brown said, ‘I know, Delonte. I know.’ Mike knew Delonte was right.

“I’m not sure if Kobe [Bryant] is going to listen to Mike Brown [now Lakers coach]. LeBron never really did.”

O’Neal also offered his perspective on James’ flameout in the 2011 NBA Finals for the Heat, equating it to James’ struggles in the 2010 playoffs with the Cavaliers against the Celtics.
“There’s no question in Game 5 LeBron was kind of out of it. . . . I always believed he could turn it on at any moment, but for some reason he didn’t. Not against the Celtics in 2010 and not against the Mavericks in 2011. It was weird. It’s one thing to be a passer, but you are supposed to be the One.

“I’m watching him play against Dallas, and they’re swinging the ball and they get him a perfect open look — and he’s kicking it to Mario Chalmers. Makes no sense. I told people, ‘It’s like Michael Jordan told me. Before you succeed, you must first fail.’ “

[pic - click to view]

Shaq calls out Lebron James in new book – Miami Heat – Sun-Sentinel

time for all the stans who were up in arms about the kobe quotes to 360 and co-sign shaq 100% image

118 comments for "Shaq Also Calls Out LeBron in New Book"

6 years ago '08        #2
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,770 | Props total: 9019 9019
Big diesel is right but he should let things be
 6 years ago '09        #3
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,009 | Props total: 22318 22318
lmao this book and it's excerpt's gonna hold the nba section down til the lockout over. mike brown actin shook in the film room
 6 years ago '05        #4
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
LeBron stans that were going hard in that other thread, what's your response?
 6 years ago '07        #5
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Delonte >>
 6 years ago '05        #6
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,879 | Props total: 8397 8397
cant be pus*yfooting mike
 6 years ago '05        #7
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
Delonte>>>>>
 6 years ago '11        #8
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3201 3201
shaq>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '06        #9
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
Redz

Realest nugga in it
 11-02-2011, 11:13 AM         #10
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lakers lawse
 6 years ago '09        #11
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
Once again, I thought this was all common knowledge. I guess not
 6 years ago '11        #12
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
Shaq>>>
 6 years ago '10        #13
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 11056 11056
Kobe warriors will be conflicted...bash Shaq and in sense give Bron propr or agree with Shaq so that Kobe can remain on there pedastal therefore giving credence to the Kobe comments
 11-02-2011, 11:47 AM         #14
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he s not calling him out he just telling the truth

my n*gga delontehe needs to go to a champion ship team

kobe and mike need to check him out
 6 years ago '07        #15
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193 OP
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
And people still defend Bron.

HE NEEDS MORE HELP!!! A CENTER AND A POINT GUARD!!!
we could have won if he manned up

but our centers and point guards also suck fu*king d!ck, and that could have helped too. is that not fair?

Last edited by joshdogg26; 11-02-2011 at 12:15 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #16
PrimeTimeJones3 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 930 930
he's right...he didnt turn it on when needed....

ppl knew Bron got his way in Cleveland anyway...nothing new

6 years ago '05        #17
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,784 | Props total: 4897 4897
Shaq is right. All of that sounds legit. The best thing to happen to LeBron is him flaming out like he did in the Finals and everybody not point the finger at his teammates. It was all pointed at him...nobody not me...not any other Heat fan. Not a single LeBron fan...nobody attempted to defend his performance in the Finals. Still can't believe that n*gga was rotating the ball around the perimeter in the Finals like his was role player. If this doesn't get him to improve and realize that's on him to get good enough to win a championship and not on the people around him...then it will all be worth it.
 6 years ago '04        #18
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,981 | Props total: 4324 4324
I want an audiobook of this narrated by Shaq himself
 6 years ago '07        #19
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
LeBron is an all-world talent. He has another all-world talent next to him and an all-star caliber PF. Even with flaws, that's enough to win a title regardless of it being the first year...wouldn't you agree?

Hell...he could've won a title with one of those Cleveland teams too.
i've said a lot of times we had a team capable of winning. it's not an excuse, it's just the reality of why we lost. a number of different things would have helped. lebron is a big target. we were also getting manhandled by tyson chandler. i also came across this gem today that only the basketball gods could have done anything about:

More than 50% of Dallas's shot in the Finals were Jumpers, they scored a terrific 1.043 points per-shot on those attempts.

The Mavericks knocked down an impressive 45% of their contested catch and shoot jumpers

Even more impressive, the #Mavs adjusted field goal percentage on pull-up jump shots in the #Finals was 54.4%.
u keep a team out of the paint and contest all their jumpers, that's textbook defense that any coach would be happy with, but they were lights out. nothing u can really do about that. any number of those things playing out differently could have changed the outcome, but they didn't. a team doesn't lose just because of one thing, but him not being a bi*ch probably would have swung the outcome.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 11-02-2011 at 12:17 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #20
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Basketball has always been a game of streaks and runs. It's not exactly a new development that a team was shooting really well when they won a championship.

A number of things could help, but it still goes back to your best players. LeBron is talented enough to the point where he doesn't need a crazy amount of help behind him to win it all. He underachieves on his talent on the biggest stages.
i don't take any issue with that (come on though, those percentages r absolutely absurd over an entire series). all i'm interested in pointing out is that our PG and C positions definitely suck and it's ridiculous to take issue with us wanting better ones. it's not because "lebron needs more help!" it's because i'm a heat fan and i don't like it when key rotation players suck.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
43 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
130 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
76 comments
2 days ago