Nov 1 - "To Catch A Predator" Lawsuit

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
185 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
5526 pageviews
79 comments

bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
Nov 1 - "To Catch A Predator" Lawsuit

To Catch ... Some Heat

'Predator' threatened by lawsuit

Posted by Corey Levitan Monday, October 31, 2011 1:00:06 PM

Catching a predator is awesome. Publicly humiliating him may be actionable.

[pic - click to view]

According to this report in The Hollywood Reporter, a federal judge in California has refused to dismiss a lawsuit filed against NBC by Anurag Tiwari, a former Sun Microsystems engineer who claims that being ensnared on a 2006 episode of the show violated his rights to privacy and inflicted undue emotional distress.

"To Catch a Predator" traps alleged child molesters by working with members of a watchdog group who -- posing as minors online -- lure suspected pedophiles to a house for s3xual activity. Once the suspects arrive, Chris Hansen pokes his head out of a back room to ask what they're doing. Police arrest the suspects as they exit.

NBC claims that these events are news stories, and that the First Amendment allows news stories to be broadcast with impunity.

That may not be so, according to U.S. District Court judge Edward Chen, who ruled last week that it "was not necessary" for cops to wait until after the Hansen confrontation to arrest Tiwari or to arrest him "in a sensational way," or for NBC to film Tiwari -- who was nabbed in Petaluma, Calif. -- being cuffed and questioned.

If the suit succeeds, it could jeopardize the format of the show.

The judge did, however, reject a portion of Tiwari's suit claiming defamation -- on the grounds that he was engaged in an apparent felony. (Eventually, he was convicted of a misdemeanor, which was reduced to an infraction as part of a plea deal in exchange for dropping his appeal.)

No trial date has been announced.

GTFOH...

79 comments for "Nov 1 - "To Catch A Predator" Lawsuit"

6 years ago '05        #2
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
These sick bastards should be shot on sight.

No sympathy for a pedo
 6 years ago '05        #3
bullack86 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 Chest Rockwell said:
lol @ "trapped"

dont fu*k around looking to bang out little kids if u got a problem w how u get caught smh
@ looking to bang out little kids!

I can't believe the audacity of these cats.. Watch these BX cats come in here speaking like YEAH GOOD FOR THEM!!!
 6 years ago '09        #4
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,659 | Props total: 13137 13137
No sympathy for pedos
 11-01-2011, 10:27 AM         #5
Lukeshuel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eventually, he was convicted of a misdemeanor, which was reduced to an infraction as part of a plea deal in exchange for dropping his appeal.
 11-01-2011, 10:31 AM         #6
Lukeshuel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlaKc said:
so we have no problem murdering Pedos but all of a sudden its a crime against humanity to mention the same about homos?

Are you trying to say homos3xuality is the same as being a pedophile?

A homos3xual has s3x with other consenting adults of their own gender.

A pedophile r*pes children.

6 years ago '05        #7
space
space
 BlaKc said:
so we have no problem murdering Pedos but all of a sudden its a crime against humanity to mention the same about homos?

OMFG! SHUT THE fu*k UP, MAN! Are you seriously comparing the two?! Homos3xuals have s3x with consenting men or women while PEDOPHILES have s3x with UNDERAGED children both consented(as if that makes a difference) and r*pe.. GTFOH..
 6 years ago '05        #8
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
i have wondered for a while now how come there hasnt been a lawsuit against this
 6 years ago '05        #9
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
i have wondered for a while now how come there hasnt been a lawsuit against this
Why, man?
 6 years ago '04        #10
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
 bullack86 said:

OMFG! SHUT THE fu*k UP, MAN! Are you seriously comparing the two?! Homos3xuals have s3x with consenting men or women while PEDOPHILES have s3x with UNDERAGED children both consented(as if that makes a difference) and r*pe.. GTFOH..
a sin is a sin

fagets must pay too
 6 years ago '05        #11
space
space
 chirpflare said:
a sin is a sin

fagets must pay too
Fail...
 6 years ago '05        #12
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 bullack86 said:
Why, man?
because usually to put someone on tv they have to sign some sort of waiver, a waiver i doubt these dudes would sign to be on tv. thats grounds for at least to get legal console, im not saying that i necessarily agree with it, but it does look like rights are violated
 6 years ago '04        #13
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
 chirpflare said:
a sin is a sin

fagets must pay too
Who are you to judge another human? Besides seperation of state and church keeps bullsh*t ideas like yours off the books and far from ever becoming law. And thank GOD for that

And here's food for thought since you are so anti-gay. Jesus only hung out with 12 other dudes and a prostitute. So I'm just saying I'd watch what I say. I'm not calling Jesus gay, but I also doubt he hates f*gs.
 6 years ago '05        #14
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,022 | Props total: 537 537
im suprised mofos on here saying no sympathy for pedos yet every other month motherfu*kers on here cant wait for random celebrities to turn 18 .....thats pedo work imo.....
 6 years ago '05        #15
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 BlaKc said:

are homo's out raping little boys and girls, fu*king them up severely for the rest of their life, essentially taking away any normal childhood that they could of had???

no

do i agree with homos3xuality?

no

but im not just gonna shoot a f*g cause hes a f*g... but a pedo on the other had, they are sick, wastes to this earth.. ive never heard of one truely being rehabilitated... and a lot just go on to commit the same crimes again.

a simple bullet in the head is the cheapest and easiest way to get rid of these bastards.
 6 years ago '05        #16
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 monrowe said:
im suprised mofos on here saying no sympathy for pedos yet every other month motherfu*kers on here cant wait for random celebrities to turn 18 .....thats pedo work imo.....
18 = legal

you can now smash that pus*y
 6 years ago '11        #17
virus21 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$443 | Props total: 132 132
I love that show
 6 years ago '11        #18
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
 Chest Rockwell said:
lol @ "trapped"

dont fu*k around looking to bang out little kids if u got a problem w how u get caught smh
 6 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
because usually to put someone on tv they have to sign some sort of waiver, a waiver i doubt these dudes would sign to be on tv. thats grounds for at least to get legal console, im not saying that i necessarily agree with it, but it does look like rights are violated
I don't think so. What about when you're on tv after getting arrested(whether news report or not)? You don't have that luxury. Now, if you're found innocent, we can talk lawsuit, but that's not the case.
 6 years ago '06        #20
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,867 | Props total: 25631 25631
The messed up part is this f*ggot will win, just like that one dude who k!lled himself because he was exposed the family sued him because of it and won like 7/8 mill sh*ts disgusting
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy