most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #161
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
Nas would of outshined Jay easily.
 6 years ago '04        #162
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
 Karamu said:
Kanye isn't a great singer but the thing is, hes passable. I don't think Runaway would have done as well as it did if he straight up couldn't sing. Even Wayne couldn't get his terrible singing to go platinum despite his incredibly large fanbase around that time. So at worst hes 6.0/10 vocally...

The beats are cohesive and fulfill the melody Kanye's trying to bring out. Also his only album with mostly original production with few samples. The only beats I didn't enjoy was Paranoid and Robocop because I felt it was too pop for the rest of the album but thats just me.

Also its pretty much Kanye's best album lyrically, I'm sure he had help from co-writers but that doesn't change the quality of the album.

What I didn't like about I Am? Dr. Knockboot is one of Nas's worst songs, his attempts at going mainstream are always cheesy and I'm glad he realized that after Nastradamus. If anything that song sounds like a rip off of Ain't No n*gga. Hate Me Now had great verses but that beat is over-cinematic for a song and Diddy's voice/emotion on hook can't bring out the epicness Nas was going out for the song. KISSING and Money Is My bi*ch are examples of why Nas shouldn't try to cross over to make mainstream music. Like you mentioned a couple of the beats were mediocre which caused some dope songs to become forgettable. I never said I Am was wack, but pretty much every Kanye album is better.

like i said, makes no difference to me

you dont particularly like the hip-hop classic hate me now but you really feelin that Welcome to Heartbreak sh*t

gotcha. . .

and no, Kanye is NOT passable as a singer. . .thats why he flooded the album with autotune smart guy
 6 years ago '04        #163
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,366 | Props total: 229 229
 nicoled985 said:
I would have to agree... I think Jay and Ye is fine. I love Nas as well be has horrible taste in beats unfortunately!
this

thats why he was never appealing to me...2/3 of a song isn't a song to me.. ill lyrics. flow.but lack luster or horriable beats..just doesn't satisfy me

NOW if he didn't choose any of the beats and TOOK THE TIME wrote the song and put effort into it (IN WHICH I FEEL AS THO HE DOESN'T..JAY ALSO) ..it would of been the greatest album of the last 10 years
 10-29-2011, 02:46 PM         #164
ahirons5691 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with Meth, having nas on the album would have pushed Jay because both dont want to be outdone by the other. Maybe there would be some wack beats, but lyrically the album would be dope :agreement6:
 10-29-2011, 02:49 PM         #165
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
like i said, makes no difference to me

you dont particularly like the hip-hop classic hate me now but you really feelin that Welcome to Heartbreak sh*t

gotcha. . .

and no, Kanye is NOT passable as a singer. . .thats why he flooded the album with autotune smart guy
I explained why I didn't like Hate Me Now, you can take it how you like. Welcome To Heartbreak had a great beat, verses, and hook. Thats why I liked it more. And if you're gonna say hes an awful singer at least explain why his attempt at singing got him more acclaim and platinum status where as Wayne couldn't even do that even with his insanely large fanbase at the time.. Like I said, not a great/good singer, but he got the job done.
 6 years ago '04        #166
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
For the third time, it makes no difference to me . . .i took it for what it was a while ago. Again, if listening to emo autotuned lyrics over mediocre beats is what moves you, then it says more about you off top than you could ever try to explain to me in words

And why he went platinum for it i wouldnt even bother trying to figure out. How the mainstream responds to sh*t is completely irrelevant to me.

But its fact that hes a terrible singer. He knows it, which is why he made every song with autotune
 10-29-2011, 02:56 PM         #167
rd Meth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
poeple saying nas chooses bad beats must have never hear illmatic, the message , take it in blood, your da man, get down, nas is like, street dreams, i gave you power, affirmitive action, phone tap, etc etc
 10-29-2011, 02:57 PM         #168
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man we can't be punishing Nas for a track that became an anthem while giving Kanye petty props for an emo-auto tune track.
 10-29-2011, 03:02 PM         #169
GregNice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
album was wack regardless....and i think jay-z should retire...AGAIN...smh @ this old a.ss joe camel still tryna be relevant havin other n*ggas write his sh*t now, mediocre as fu*k if u ask me..that n*gga a.ss now since 2002
 6 years ago '11        #170
Wavy WoNka 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 1 1
That album would be awkward as hell. Their styles are too different Kanye compliments Jay better. After how underwhelming their collabs were, nah. Not that their songs they did together were bad but I expected more. Although hearing Jay and Nas spit over murder to Excellence would have been crazy.
 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM         #171
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
For the third time, it makes no difference to me . . .i took it for what it was a while ago. Again, if listening to emo autotuned lyrics over mediocre beats is what moves you, then it says more about you off top than you could ever try to explain to me in words

And why he went platinum for it i wouldnt even bother trying to figure out. How the mainstream responds to sh*t is completely irrelevant to me.

But its fact that hes a terrible singer. He knows it, which is why he made every song with autotune
Maybe what it says about me is I listen to more genres than just rap, I could probably a.ssume that you're a hip hop head since you find the beat mediocre and would prefer to praise one of Nas weaker albums. He didn't gear this album to impress rap fans, infact the whole style he created with that album carved Drake and Kid Cudi's careers from that point. 40 already admitted his biggest inspiration for the backbone of SFG was Kanye's 808s... I'm not saying sales determine the quality of an album or anything but why disregard that no one other than rap heads online really had a problem with his singing? While everyone mocked Wayne for Rebirth... And you do know every song on 808s was originally recorded without autotune right? When certain tracks without autotune leaked people were saying it was much better... Why he used it is beyond me, probably just to evoke his emotion into the instrumentals more. Either way, you're better off just saying you don't enjoy the album because nothing you're posting is really convincing me otherwise of whats wrong with it.

Prophecy_projet said:
Man we can't be punishing Nas for a track that became an anthem while giving Kanye petty props for an emo-auto tune track.
I didn't punish Nas for it... I didn't even say it was a bad song. All I said was I didn't enjoy it because Diddy's hook was bland and he put too much effort into putting cinema into the beat.
 10-29-2011, 03:25 PM         #172
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's fine, its just tough saying that and then turning around and giving props to something that was just depressed Kanye singing into an autotune, that's all.

And I listen to a ton of genres other than rap too, so its not because we dont have expanded tastes. In fact that's kind of why I've been okay with some of Nas's recent production endevaours (particularly since God Son)
 10-29-2011, 04:16 PM         #173
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
would have been better from a hip-hip standpoint, not as marketable though. But they could have used all Ye's beats and maybe some hooks from him and all the verses been Jay and Nas would have probably been off the charts dope.
 10-29-2011, 04:24 PM         #174
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It should have been Nas and AZ.
 6 years ago '10        #175
UrbanLife 
space
space
space
$539 | Props total: 36 36
Nas is the GOAT!
 6 years ago '08        #176
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
Never thought about that... It definitely would've been fun hearing those two together for an entire project.
 6 years ago '04        #177
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Karamu said:
Maybe what it says about me is I listen to more genres than just rap, I could probably a.ssume that you're a hip hop head since you find the beat mediocre and would prefer to praise one of Nas weaker albums. He didn't gear this album to impress rap fans, infact the whole style he created with that album carved Drake and Kid Cudi's careers from that point. 40 already admitted his biggest inspiration for the backbone of SFG was Kanye's 808s... I'm not saying sales determine the quality of an album or anything but why disregard that no one other than rap heads online really had a problem with his singing? While everyone mocked Wayne for Rebirth... And you do know every song on 808s was originally recorded without autotune right? When certain tracks without autotune leaked people were saying it was much better... Why he used it is beyond me, probably just to evoke his emotion into the instrumentals more. Either way, you're better off just saying you don't enjoy the album because nothing you're posting is really convincing me otherwise of whats wrong with it.

I didn't punish Nas for it... I didn't even say it was a bad song. All I said was I didn't enjoy it because Diddy's hook was bland and he put too much effort into putting cinema into the beat.

no need to convince you youngin. . .it perfectly clear that you not really a hip-hop head like that. . .that pretty much the only reason why i responded in the first place so my job is done basically.

lol@ giving kanye credit for carving out a style with 808s & heartbreak when he basically just grafted what 3 stacks did with love below in the first place. . and you bringin up SFG being inspired by 808s is just a perfect picture of why rap is in the state that its in now. . .

Anyways, i'll just mark it in the books that you not someone to be taken too seriously when it comes to rap discussions. . .whenever I wanna discuss the merits of f*ggoty a.ss cudi i'll holla tho
 10-29-2011, 07:37 PM         #178
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
no need to convince you youngin. . .it perfectly clear that you not really a hip-hop head like that. . .that pretty much the only reason why i responded in the first place so my job is done basically.

lol@ giving kanye credit for carving out a style with 808s & heartbreak when he basically just grafted what 3 stacks did with love below in the first place. . and you bringin up SFG being inspired by 808s is just a perfect picture of why rap is in the state that its in now. . .

Anyways, i'll just mark it in the books that you not someone to be taken too seriously when it comes to rap discussions. . .whenever I wanna discuss the merits of f*ggoty a.ss cudi i'll holla tho
Funny cause I never said i fu*ked with Cudi and Drake like that and Love Below? Great album but I don't see the similarities since 808s style is based on contemporary R&B mixed with Electronica while Love Below is is Funk mixed with Soul and Pop.

Aight don't take me seriously because I prefer to listen to more than one genre, If being a hip hop head means listening to boom bap all day then please don't take me seriously tho
 6 years ago '10        #179
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,407 | Props total: 2348 2348
It wouldn't work cause Jay Z and Nas are both dominant rappers. One is not going to follow the direction of the other. On top of that they are not going to let the other outshine them...Jay and Nas have completely different ears for beats, Nas being the one that always picks garbage ones and Jay picking ones that have commercial potential... they would clash.

In order for something like that to work, they would need an executive producer like Dr Dre or Diddy to create a concept and piece together songs. Songs that have concepts where 2 separated perspectives would work (ex. New Day).
 10-29-2011, 08:20 PM         #180
Glorydayz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
no disrespect to nas...but Ye's resume speaks for itself
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy