Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-29-2011, 01:10 PM         #141
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knowughetto said:
@ 808, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Graduation, and Late Registration being better than any of those Nas albums you named...

Kanye stan...
You saying HHID, I Am, Untitled, SD, and Nastradamus are better than every Ye album except CD

Nas stan...
 10-29-2011, 01:12 PM         #142
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would agree Ye's albums are better than those (except 808s) but Illmatic, IWW, Lost Tapes, God Son and Stillmatic I really do think are true classics just in terms of memorable albums for Nas and the time.
Iam, HHID, Untitled could have been very close...and honestly, I liked Streets Disciple for what it was*shrug*
 6 years ago '04        #143
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,933 | Props total: 230 230
A nas/jays album would e koo but nas still bsin about working with az so...
 10-29-2011, 01:23 PM         #144
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 urbangatsby said:
nas has one definitive classic album and you could argue to add it was written and stillmatic

BUT

Kanye has like 4 classic albums: College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and My beautiful dark twisted fantasy
unique albums are NOT the same as classic albums

kanye stans have to realize this sooner or later
 10-29-2011, 01:26 PM         #145
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"1) Kanye and Jay-Z were always friends. Kanye looks up to Jay-Z, so it just gives a whole different feeling to the situation. Jay may respect Kanye lyrically, but in my opinion Jay wasn’t that obsessed with trying to outdo Kanye on every track."

yeppp, kanye made a fu*kin song called big brother about jayz lol. its just not fair lol

then again jay scurred of competition....he scared to even give nas the chance to outshine him on an album together. jay would be on some other sh*t the entire album, he would actually be trying

and so would nas

it woulda beeeeen perfect
 6 years ago '11        #146
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,667 | Props total: 1510 1510
 Prophecy_projet said:
I'm sorry but wasn't this the album that Hip-Hop fans wanted for years?

A Nas and Jay collabo? Look, I'm not saying it needs to happen. I think both of their careers are fine and people tend to downplay what they've done in recent years, mostly out of spite for their fans. But I think both have shown that they can still rap at a high level and that they mesh to other styles (Yes, even Nas)

Look at it this way: Nas and Damian Marley was something people couldn't envision but Nas took one aspect of his rhyming subject matter and applied to the album. Similarly Jay did the same working with Kanye and some of you were fine eating up his R.Kelly/Linkin Park collabos. So there's precedence for worse.

As far as subject matter goes? Both have gone different directions but are closer than you think. I mean listen to the lyrics on nasty. Its a highly glossy picture he paints over a boom-bap beat. Its the stuff that Jay would rap about too. On the other side, something like murder 2 Excellence or the Katrina Song on Kingdom Come are stuff that you would think Nas would do. Both are more diverse than either of their stans give the other credit for.

And as far as beats go, they'd go with what fits. People really need to stop with it with the whole "Nas can't rap over modern beats" thing. Are we gonna sit and act like he didn't murk it on too Inkredibles beats? (Usual Suspects off Rick Ross DTR album and Victory off Khaled's All I Do Is Win? Even Hero, a Polow Da Don was handled pretty well by him. Only flaw on thatr was the hook by Keri Hilson). And we already know how people feel about him on the Carter 4 Outro. Half the time you complain that's going all Escobar with it, so he goes boom bap cause you wanted him on his nasty Nas sh*t

Same deal with Jay. Let's stop it with this talk that he has lost his writing creativity. He is still putting in entendres and metaphors that are being deciphered and can rap like the old Jay (Thank You, Brooklyn We Go Hard). His whole thing right now of still being one of the greats is because he still has a comfortable meeting of commercial and creative balance.

I think if they made an album together both would find a meeting spot creatively.

Meth is right in this way: Even if the album was wack, people would not stop talking about it, because it's Nas and Jay. It would be discussed and dissected beyond it's core.

And that is the only reason they probably haven't. People are too cynical and attached to either rapper to appreciate an album from them. Every blogger, poster, writer, fan would argue "Who k!lled who" on each track when it really should be about just looking at the music. You'd get people saying one needed the other (Nas needed Jay to save his career, or Jay needed Nas to inspire him creatively. Newsflash neither needed each other for those reasons)

Jay and Nas CAN make an album together (and a good one at that), unfortunately the music would be the last thing people would be talking about if they did.

:iagree:
 6 years ago '07        #147
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,383 | Props total: 1059 1059
Lyrically Jay + Nas, Creativity wise Kanye + Jay, Sidenote i hope that Life is Good album has some repeat production, such as Ye, Alchemist, Pollow the don, hopefully this will be his best production wise album
 6 years ago '08        #148
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,922 | Props total: 7312 7312
 Tommy_Bunz said:
the truth......

and meth was right........the way jay was rapping on watch the throne, it's a good thing nas wasn't apart of that album...jay would have gotten out rapped on every damn track.
Jay murked Kanye on every track. Im sure he would have came harder with Nas on a track.
 6 years ago '04        #149
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,548 | Props total: 2800 2800
 Karamu said:
All of Ye's albums > Nastradamus, SD, I Am, HHID, and Untitled

Nas ain't nearly as consistent as Kanye

If you really feel this way

[pic - click to view]

there is no saving you. . .
 10-29-2011, 01:53 PM         #150
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
If you really feel this way

[pic - click to view]

there is no saving you. . .
808s is essential to Kanye's discography, it wasn't made for hip hop heads to appreciate

people tend to ignore the song writing, production, emotion and cohesiveness just because its Kanye and he shouldn't be singing.

[video - click to view]

garbage right
 6 years ago '04        #151
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
yes its trash

but i mean if youd rather listen to that than

[video - click to view]

makes no difference to me. . .just reveals ya hip-hop sensibilities a lil bit
 10-29-2011, 02:07 PM         #152
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
yes its trash

but i mean if youd rather listen to that than

makes no difference to me. . .just reveals ya hip-hop sensibilities a lil bit
you're posting the best song on I Am.. why didn't you post Dr. Knockboots, Big Things, Money Is My bi*ch, KISSING... But do you even care to explain why 808s is bad? I already admitted Kanye isn't a great singer but theres no other huge flaws on the album besides that. I'll even go as far as say 808s >>> Graduation since it didn't have anything as bad as Barry Bonds or Drunk & Hot Girls and the lyrics were better. I'd like to see you explain exactly how its garbage because no one ever does. Its easier to just say you don't like it you know...

BastardChild said:
dude i was agreeing with you in the nas and pac thread but..

Illmatic , it was written , lost tapes , and i am.. > kanyes whole discography
Illmatic is better than any Kanye album I'll agree, IWW sh*ts on Kanye lyrically, the concepts as well but as an entire album its not out of Kanye's league. Also you can't just say someones best albums are better than an entire discography. Thats like saying Big L has a better catalog than most rappers because his one album is better than theirs.
 6 years ago '04        #153
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
did you post the worst track on 808s? naww

smarten up lil dude

and the problems with 808s are as follows

1) Kanye cant sing. . .thats at least 1/3 of the album right there
2) The beats arent't his best. . .thats another 1/3

now

care to tell me whats wrong with I Am? The only drawback I see is that he shouldnt have fu*ked with the double time flow on ONE song and a couple of the beats are mediocre

but some of Nas' best work is on I Am tho. . .Hate Me now, Undying love, Small World, Nas is Like, NYSOM Part 2
 6 years ago '07        #154
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194

[video - click to view]

10-29-2011, 02:19 PM         #155
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread is full of "" moments.
 6 years ago '06        #156
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 257 257
Meth got a point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #157
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,250 | Props total: 716 716
 iPod160 said:
I concur Tical's statement
i as well
 10-29-2011, 02:29 PM         #158
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
did you post the worst track on 808s? naww

smarten up lil dude

and the problems with 808s are as follows

1) Kanye cant sing. . .thats at least 1/3 of the album right there
2) The beats arent't his best. . .thats another 1/3

now

care to tell me whats wrong with I Am? The only drawback I see is that he shouldnt have fu*ked with the double time flow on ONE song and a couple of the beats are mediocre

but some of Nas' best work is on I Am tho. . .Hate Me now, Undying love, Small World, Nas is Like, NYSOM Part 2
Kanye isn't a great singer but the thing is, hes passable. I don't think Runaway would have done as well as it did if he straight up couldn't sing. Even Wayne couldn't get his terrible singing to go platinum despite his incredibly large fanbase around that time. So at worst hes 6.0/10 vocally...

The beats are cohesive and fulfill the melody Kanye's trying to bring out. Also his only album with mostly original production with few samples. The only beats I didn't enjoy was Paranoid and Robocop because I felt it was too pop for the rest of the album but thats just me.

Also its pretty much Kanye's best album lyrically, I'm sure he had help from co-writers but that doesn't change the quality of the album.

What I didn't like about I Am? Dr. Knockboot is one of Nas's worst songs, his attempts at going mainstream are always cheesy and I'm glad he realized that after Nastradamus. If anything that song sounds like a rip off of Ain't No n*gga. Hate Me Now had great verses but that beat is over-cinematic for a song and Diddy's voice/emotion on hook can't bring out the epicness Nas was going out for the song. KISSING and Money Is My bi*ch are examples of why Nas shouldn't try to cross over to make mainstream music. Like you mentioned a couple of the beats were mediocre which caused some dope songs to become forgettable. I never said I Am was wack, but pretty much every Kanye album is better.
 6 years ago '05        #159
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,994 | Props total: 1316 1316
 DJ Maximum said:
yeah right n*gga

Distant Relatives >> Watch The Throne
 10-29-2011, 02:32 PM         #160
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Meth on point as usual, Kanye is a garbage MC and Jay lowers himself down to his level. Nas/Jay with Kanye production would have been unreal. In that case those two would be trying to best eachother every verse and they are the two best ever.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 10-29-2011 at 02:34 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy