Damn!! Is all I can say
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-29-2011, 10:26 AM         #101
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas wouldve ate jay....like i said before jay is scared of competition....his ego is fragile
 6 years ago '04        #102
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
 Young Professa said:
ahh....yes, this is why i love boxden. what exactly is your criteria for deeming an album "classic"?
lol exactly.. thats like me saying every album except for Nastradumas is a classic
 6 years ago '04        #103
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
Are some of you people really saying that Kanye has a better catalog than Nas?

But then again, most of you are from this generation and don't know sh*t about real music..
 6 years ago '10        #104
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
i think nas & jay would make a nice album, but WTT was good the way it was.. they are on the throne right now so
 6 years ago '05        #105
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,886 | Props total: 8410 8410
 Kziatic said:
Meth said Nas and Jay would make a better album. To me he is not talking about sales, just better music. I don't care about Nas or Kanyes position, Nas is a better rapper.
but kanye's current position is why him and jay made the album, which is what my point was when i said kanye's resume speaks for itself. right now kanye is on top of rap, its either him, wayne, or Em. jay is the top old head in the game, ye is one of the top dogs in the game period...so watch the throne
 6 years ago '08        #106
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,034 | Props total: 5114 5114
I think the WTT project could have stood to go more in the opposite direction of the rest of hip-hop period. I expected more murder to Excellence then That's Yo bi*ch. I don't see how n*ggas is saying its more of a Kanye album when it was an album full of wack beats and Ye's albums are usually void of such fu*kery. I think the bottom line was time invested... it sounded all of the place because the sessions were all over the place. Now a Nas and Hov album would be great but not on some WTT sh*t. It would have to be on some Ny power sh*t like lets lead again. It wont happen.
 10-29-2011, 10:37 AM         #107
Jugganot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
no disrespect to nas...but Ye's resume speaks for itself
lmao his resume? so the guy got in a car crash got hired to be a rapper even though hes a pretty good producer and a terrible rapper because of his touching story, just like 50 got shot 9 times....cough fake never happened......and what about nas resume? guy been in the game for ever n u bring up kanyes resume over nas? u must be a youngen
 6 years ago '04        #108
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 urbangatsby said:
nas has one definitive classic album and you could argue to add it was written and stillmatic

BUT

Kanye has like 4 classic albums: College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and My beautiful dark twisted fantasy

So Illmatic, God's Son, and Lost Tapes weren't classic albums, but Late Registration, Graduation, and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are?

Definitely a Kanye stan...
 10-29-2011, 10:39 AM         #109
Jugganot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
but kanye's current position is why him and jay made the album, which is what my point was when i said kanye's resume speaks for itself. right now kanye is on top of rap, its either him, wayne, or Em. jay is the top old head in the game, ye is one of the top dogs in the game period...so watch the throne
lol so because nobody else has releases a cd lately kanye is on top? fu*k outta here man solja boy was on top at one point to cuz there was nothing out to listen to
 6 years ago '04        #110
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
Distant Relatives >>> Watch The Throne
 10-29-2011, 10:40 AM         #111
Jugganot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knowughetto said:

So Illmatic, God's Son, and Lost Tapes weren't classic albums, but Late Registration, Graduation, and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are?

Definitely a Kanye stan...
ya i cant beleive wut goes on bx anymore its crazy like kanye isnt rap, its barely hip hop it is pop
 6 years ago '04        #112
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
 urbangatsby said:
nas has one definitive classic album and you could argue to add it was written and stillmatic

BUT

Kanye has like 4 classic albums: College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and My beautiful dark twisted fantasy
Yo go suck a 12 inch d!ck to the dome you f*ggot. You must be out of your cotton picking crack head mind.
 6 years ago '04        #113
jtt11219 
space
space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
I see what your gettin at meth....

nas aint illuminati though..... so no way he'd get picked.
 6 years ago '11        #114
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,522 | Props total: 770 770
 StateProperty88 said:

They made the album because they're good friends. They didn't care about how well it did because if they did it would have been promoted better.
 6 years ago '04        #115
Outlawfromabove 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,558 | Props total: 753 753
How about Meth worry about making a good album, something he hasnt done since when....95? 98?
 10-29-2011, 10:51 AM         #116
Ez 586 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Distant Relatives>>>>>>>Watch the Throne
 6 years ago '10        #117
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,683 | Props total: 203 203
NAS he ain't been relevant in like 15 years
 6 years ago '05        #118
space
space
 hayday12 said:

They made the album because they're good friends. They didn't care about how well it did because if they did it would have been promoted better.
what you said doesnt really have anything to do with my comment. i was more so talking about why they took the direction they took with the whole "watch the throne" moniker, and what i said had nothing to do with how well it did, but i definitely think they cared how well it did...we'll just agree to disagree though because it doesnt really matter to me
 6 years ago '10        #119
onlybuilt1906 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 1123 1123
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
If you're calling that a wack beat you need to be smacked back into your crackhead mother's womb.
 6 years ago '05        #120
space
space
 Prophecy_projet said:
But Im giving you Mac Miller as an example where any random dude can get a fanbase and his lane is different than Jay and Nas. Like they wouldn't need to do things Mac does.

I do know Distant Relatives was able to be number 1 on the billboard reggae charts for like 2-3 months straight and was able to sell fairly well overseas. That's what I'm saying in terms of a presence. To young people in the States, it had no audience but it clearly had people checking for it elsewhere

The thing I'm trying to say is that mainstream success becomes more and more hard to measure and I dont think its just on young people. Like I dont think its just young people buying Adele's record for instance. Either way, let's not act like a Jay and Nas album is like Raekwon and Ghost putting an album. I'm pretty sure it would sell north of 500,000, and even if it doesn't I dont know if that's a dissapointment. It would be a better version of the Bad Meets Evil album which didnt know as well as Em's other albums but still stayed on the charts. Again, how would we measure success because Watch the Throne has "only" got platinum despite now having fairly heavy promo compared to its inital release, and I think that's considered a success.

I use Big Boi and Raekwon's albums as good indicators because look how they topped the "best of" lists the year they came out. And it was in publications and websites that young people check out like Pitchfork, Spin, Village Voice etc etc. You even saw people on these boards and others praise it
You gotta think of it like this, they are under 25's who are Hip-Hop heads who do check for the vets too. Its not just the listeners who listened to whatever is on commercial radio and whoever does the college promo circuit too.
you're proving my point with mac miller though, he's a random dude that got a fanbase because his image is directed to attract younger listeners. nobody said he had to do with jay or nas did, that doesnt really have to do with anything

mainstream success isnt that hard to measure imo and my point is that its HIGHLY effected by the younger demographic, more so then any demographic out there. and i doubt that it would go gold in a week (i think thats what you meant), WTT didnt go gold in a week, then proceed to get crushed by C4 who has the youth's ear, and did a milli in a week

Austrian Albums Chart 53
Canadian Albums Chart 10
Dutch Albums Chart 72
German Albums Chart 38
Norwegian Albums Chart 32
Swedish Albums Chart 42
Swiss Albums Chart 11
UK Albums Chart 30
UK R&B Albums 4

are these numbers correct for DR? if so then no it didnt really have a presence overseas either. and once again just because something is critically successful doesnt mean it will be mainstream successful, Rae and Big Boi are a couple examples.

You gotta think of it like this, they are under 25's who are Hip-Hop heads who do check for the vets too. Its not just the listeners who listened to whatever is on commercial radio and whoever does the college promo circuit too.

StateProperty88 said:
and im not speaking in absolute so im not acting like no young person is listening to this guys...im saying a very high majority, very high
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
189 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy