Method Man Thinks "Watch The Throne" Should Have Been Nas and Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,318 | Props total: 5740 5740
 Mikey c said:
Kanye and Rza?
word to muva son
 6 years ago '06        #42
Dj Virus 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,082 | Props total: 450 450
truth
 6 years ago '05        #43
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 Young Professa said:
well, that is disrespect. nas resume speaks louder than kanye's
not right now. nas is on the backburner. he's one of my favorite mc's of all time but im not going to just be bias for the fu*k of it. kanye is one of the names on top of rap now, nas hasnt been in that position for sometime
 10-29-2011, 03:19 AM         #44
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
not right now. nas is on the backburner. he's one of my favorite mc's of all time but im not going to just be bias for the fu*k of it. kanye is one of the names on top of POP now, nas hasnt been in that position for sometime
Fixed that for you...what you people are forgetting is they dont have to an album for commercial or mainstream success....Theyre both either 20 years in or damn off and well off. Nas and Jay could succeed off this because the amount of cash they could see touring this and the potential deals for greatest hits type albums and so on would be staggering. Going the Kanye route helped Kanye more than Jay.....Jays already solidifed as a great/legend and Nas is to....Kanyes was solidified as an earner....but that was needed to be done to put him in position to be with the rest of the bosses.....A welcoming to the table so to speak.

Nas and Jay could put out a free album and it'd be okay, and understandable....It doesnt have to be done for the MTV crowd to like it....And im not talking "Street Music"....Im just saying neither of them NEED it.

Nas is what...co-owning Rock The Bells and touring the WORLD off that sh*t with Damian Marley....Nas can go do a sold out show in fu*king Angola, and follow with another in France now that he has the Marleys+His 20 year career on deck.

People wanna make it look like it'd be helping Nas....The guys taken alot of Ls(like we all have lol) but the main thing to remember is nobody never said he was broke. Hell hes got a helluva bill with Kelis....but you havent seen him locked up for failure to pay yet.

Its all good lol
 6 years ago '07        #45
Pass The Dutchi 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,119 | Props total: 1379 1379
 Prophecy_projet said:
I'm sorry but wasn't this the album that Hip-Hop fans wanted for years?

A Nas and Jay collabo? Look, I'm not saying it needs to happen. I think both of their careers are fine and people tend to downplay what they've done in recent years, mostly out of spite for their fans. But I think both have shown that they can still rap at a high level and that they mesh to other styles (Yes, even Nas)

Look at it this way: Nas and Damian Marley was something people couldn't envision but Nas took one aspect of his rhyming subject matter and applied to the album. Similarly Jay did the same working with Kanye and some of you were fine eating up his R.Kelly/Linkin Park collabos. So there's precedence for worse.

As far as subject matter goes? Both have gone different directions but are closer than you think. I mean listen to the lyrics on nasty. Its a highly glossy picture he paints over a boom-bap beat. Its the stuff that Jay would rap about too. On the other side, something like murder 2 Excellence or the Katrina Song on Kingdom Come are stuff that you would think Nas would do. Both are more diverse than either of their stans give the other credit for.

And as far as beats go, they'd go with what fits. People really need to stop with it with the whole "Nas can't rap over modern beats" thing. Are we gonna sit and act like he didn't murk it on too Inkredibles beats? (Usual Suspects off Rick Ross DTR album and Victory off Khaled's All I Do Is Win? Even Hero, a Polow Da Don was handled pretty well by him. Only flaw on thatr was the hook by Keri Hilson). And we already know how people feel about him on the Carter 4 Outro. Half the time you complain that's going all Escobar with it, so he goes boom bap cause you wanted him on his nasty Nas sh*t

Same deal with Jay. Let's stop it with this talk that he has lost his writing creativity. He is still putting in entendres and metaphors that are being deciphered and can rap like the old Jay (Thank You, Brooklyn We Go Hard). His whole thing right now of still being one of the greats is because he still has a comfortable meeting of commercial and creative balance.

I think if they made an album together both would find a meeting spot creatively.

Meth is right in this way: Even if the album was wack, people would not stop talking about it, because it's Nas and Jay. It would be discussed and dissected beyond it's core.

And that is the only reason they probably haven't. People are too cynical and attached to either rapper to appreciate an album from them. Every blogger, poster, writer, fan would argue "Who k!lled who" on each track when it really should be about just looking at the music. You'd get people saying one needed the other (Nas needed Jay to save his career, or Jay needed Nas to inspire him creatively. Newsflash neither needed each other for those reasons)

Jay and Nas CAN make an album together (and a good one at that), unfortunately the music would be the last thing people would be talking about if they did.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #46
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 yeugkk said:
yea like
you BUGGING my n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #47
darulersback 
space
space
$2,813 | Props total: 15 15
 nicoled985 said:
I would have to agree... I think Jay and Ye is fine. I love Nas as well be has horrible taste in beats unfortunately!
... some of y'all act like Nas would produce the album. Ye could still peoduce the album. Metg was trying to say that Nas a WAY better lyrically than Ye. I sounds just like this generation to so worried about the beat, its about the words.
 6 years ago '06        #48
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
if Nas recorded Ether over a Premo beat, Ron Browz would have no career. no one talks about the beat to Ether. it was average.
 10-29-2011, 03:42 AM         #49
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
no disrespect to nas...but Ye's resume speaks for itself
in a bubble gum era, of course
 6 years ago '04        #50
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
Nas by himself!!!
 6 years ago '05        #51
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
People saying kanye is better than nas, ye has a better discography, kingdom come is a wack beat....this thread is full of fail
 10-29-2011, 04:22 AM         #52
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
so we are going to act like nas and jay never rapped on the same song before...and the songs weren't actually good?

how old are you? Those tracks weren't good??? Just k!ll yourself both tracks are insane.
 10-29-2011, 04:23 AM         #53
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
not right now. nas is on the backburner. he's one of my favorite mc's of all time but im not going to just be bias for the fu*k of it. kanye is one of the names on top of rap now, nas hasnt been in that position for sometime
Lot of that has to do with his absence from the scene with a solo record since 2008.

At the same time, I would just point out to the cover of the latest XXL to show that there's still an interest in him.

He's not as big as Kanye right now, but does he need to be to do an album like this?

I think Nas and Jay would still be big and it would generate a lot of buzz..hypothetically speaking of course.
 6 years ago '05        #54
space
space
 TheMob said:
how old are you? Those tracks weren't good??? Just k!ll yourself both tracks are insane.
pretty sure he's saying they were good
 6 years ago '05        #55
space
space
 Prophecy_projet said:
Lot of that has to do with his absence from the scene with a solo record since 2008.

At the same time, I would just point out to the cover of the latest XXL to show that there's still an interest in him.

He's not as big as Kanye right now, but does he need to be to do an album like this?

I think Nas and Jay would still be big and it would generate a lot of buzz..hypothetically speaking of course.
im not saying that nas needs to do an album or that he has no interest. he's a vet in the game and has a strong fanbase thats not going anywhere (me included). but like i said before ye is one of the dudes on top of the food chain right now(probably with wayne and em), n*ggas on here really trying to dispute that...has me thinking they live on the computer and dont go outside.

jay still up there, but he holding on barely. but in terms of this era he's one of the few (imo the only) rapper from back in the day thats still prevalent right now and is actually appealing to newer/younger listeners
 6 years ago '06        #56
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
I got staples on my d!ck...WHY? fu*king centerfolllllldssssss
 10-29-2011, 04:43 AM         #57
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yeugkk said:
yea like

[pic - click to view]

10-29-2011, 04:43 AM         #58
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
im not saying that nas needs to do an album or that he has no interest. he's a vet in the game and has a strong fanbase thats not going anywhere (me included). but like i said before ye is one of the dudes on top of the food chain right now(probably with wayne and em), n*ggas on here really trying to dispute that...has me thinking they live on the computer and dont go outside.

jay still up there, but he holding on barely. but in terms of this era he's one of the few (imo the only) rapper from back in the day thats still prevalent right now and is actually appealing to newer/younger listeners
Obviously Kanye is bigger than him and more popular. But in terms of when the careers will be looked back, I wonder if Kanye wil be above him in hip-hop circles. As a producer/figure yes, as an MC? I wonder. I'm not even saying yes or no.

They'll be a generation that will put him and Wayne in the top 10, but at the same time some will argue about this era vs 90s and the usual debate that goes with that.

But the original point is despite Kanye being bigger than Nas, I think Nas and Jay would have still generated some sort of bigger buzz even in the mainstream if such an album happened.

Like put it this way: A Kanye and Jay record was sort of expected in our time. It wasn't that surprising. With Jay and Nas, even when they were on Def Jam together, it was still sort of a dream thing. Its the one type of record that would have so much talk it probably goes beyond just the internet like their beef did.

So that's sort of the way I'm looking at it. Like I think even kids who don't check for Nas would look at that on paper and feel some type of way about it and want to check it out and talk about it.

That's why I think Kanye's pedigree right now wouldn't really matter over Nas's in this instance.
 6 years ago '05        #59
space
space
 Prophecy_projet said:
Obviously Kanye is bigger than him and more popular. But in terms of when the careers will be looked back, I wonder if Kanye wil be above him in hip-hop circles. As a producer/figure yes, as an MC? I wonder. I'm not even saying yes or no.

They'll be a generation that will put him and Wayne in the top 10, but at the same time some will argue about this era vs 90s and the usual debate that goes with that.

But the original point is despite Kanye being bigger than Nas, I think Nas and Jay would have still generated some sort of bigger buzz even in the mainstream if such an album happened.

Like put it this way: A Kanye and Jay record was sort of expected in our time. It wasn't that surprising. With Jay and Nas, even when they were on Def Jam together, it was still sort of a dream thing. Its the one type of record that would have so much talk it probably goes beyond just the internet like their beef did.

So that's sort of the way I'm looking at it. Like I think even kids who don't check for Nas would look at that on paper and feel some type of way about it and want to check it out and talk about it.

That's why I think Kanye's pedigree right now wouldn't really matter over Nas's in this instance.
within rap, nas and jay would generate more buzz, but for mainstream i highly doubt it. those two would have to have a hit to do the numbers WTT did without one and little marketing. nas just dont have the ear of the youngsters these days, jay does, but i dont think to the extent that they would make the the two of them more successful than WTT

if this was 5 or more years ago...its a different story
 10-29-2011, 05:02 AM         #60
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
within rap, nas and jay would generate more buzz, but for mainstream i highly doubt it. those two would have to have a hit to do the numbers WTT did without one and little marketing. nas just dont have the ear of the youngsters these days, jay does, but i dont think to the extent that they would make the the two of them more successful than WTT

if this was 5 or more years ago...its a different story
I dont know if they need to even have the ear of the youngsters anyway to generate interest.

The one thing I can say about both is that they've aged (IMO) fairly well and this is the first legitimate generation where there's older rap fans (25+) and there's stuff out there to cater to them.
I could see a mixed variety of fans buying it depending on how they approached it.

Last edited by Prophecy_projet; 10-29-2011 at 05:13 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago