Method Man Thinks "Watch The Throne" Should Have Been Nas and Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #21
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,945 | Props total: 7352 7352
If done right it could be a damn good cd. imagine songs like success. Kanye got murked on every trck on WTT.
 6 years ago '04        #22
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,699 | Props total: 15525 15525

Method Man is speaking the truth. Kanye isn't really a true emcee. He's just a well rounded artist since he can produce and write and rap. As far as rapping technicality goes though, the camel is light years ahead of him.

Watch the Throne was tight but Nas and Jay making an album together would've brought out the best in both of them and would've shut the game down, real sh*t.
 6 years ago '09        #23
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
how about nas and jay on an album produced entirely by kanye? that would be ill then it would really be watch the throne
 6 years ago '11        #24
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,561 | Props total: 9466 9466
jay/kanye on wtt, but damn meth onto something jay/nas need to make it happen Black Republicans vol 1.
 6 years ago '04        #25
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
The real question is.. when can we see that Method Man and Ghostface collab album?

6 years ago '04        #26
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
Their styles are so different, especially now since they are at two totally different places in life, a Jay & Nas duo would've shut the game down circa 96-97 but a whole album with both of them now might sound too forced and inorganic. Plus their whole approach of marketing, touring, and presentation also differs greatly, they'd probably disagree on so much shyt.

Nas and Common would be dope

as far as Jay doing a collab, there's really only one other artist in the game who is close to sharing his type of situation,experience,perspectives in life at this very moment, and if this particular artist would go back to the lyrical prowess he had on his debut then I guarantee it would be an amazing album. Im talking about 50.

Last edited by psylence2k; 10-29-2011 at 01:03 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #27
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Their styles are so different, especially now since they are at two totally different places in life, a Jay & Nas duo would've shut the game down circa 96-97 but a whole album with both of them now might sound too forced and inorganic. Plus their whole approach of marketing, touring, and presentation also differs greatly, they'd probably disagree on so much shyt.

fu*k no n*gga, if anything it could help put a stamp on both their careers and make them step their mic games up even higher by competing

You really think they're gonna put out a wack album together? They got their reputations on the line. This would be an album all fans would want to hear and I doubt it'll fail to deliver

Nas and Jay are vets at this game.. they know what to do
 6 years ago '04        #28
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 refuze said:

fu*k no n*gga, if anything it could help put a stamp on both their careers and make them step their mic games up even higher by competing

You really think they're gonna put out a wack album together? They got their reputations on the line. This would be an album all fans would want to hear and I doubt it'll fail to deliver

Nas and Jay are vets at this game.. they know what to do

Just because two high caliber emcees get thrown together doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna create a great product. Imagine Eminen and Jay doing a project together, Renegade was classic but I doubt those two could carry and entire album unless they both were greatly inspired by one vision and creative direction that they knew both worked for them. STYLES make great collabs especially if we're talking about whole albums. That's truly why I believe watch the throne was so wack, you could tell they both had to compromise artistically and that shyt ended up being garbage. Yall thought we were gonna get Blueprint mixed with College Dropout but instead we got Kingdom Come mixed with some garbage shyt we've never heard Ye do before.
 6 years ago '05        #29
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11796 11796
 nitetrain8601 said:
I had high expectations and was dissapointed a little. Kanye is awful when he tries to act hard. That's not a good angle for him. He should just talk about life in general in a similar matter as the college dropout. Nas and Jay would've been the ultimate album on Dre and ye production.
Dre? The sh*t wuda never came out
 6 years ago '05        #30
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
 yeugkk said:
yea like
That beat's wack?
 10-29-2011, 01:34 AM         #31
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nicoled985 said:
I would have to agree... I think Jay and Ye is fine. I love Nas as well be has horrible taste in beats unfortunately!
This is starting to become a growing fallacy amongst rap fans.
He still gets it in on dope beats but tends to use beats that just arent in fashion.
 10-29-2011, 01:35 AM         #32
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phicmagic said:
I personally agree. People have to remember Meth and most members of Wu-Tang are as pro-New yOrk as they come. What that wouldve done for New York Hip Hop would've been major.

I mean n*ggas like Red Cafe and Maino could get solid release dates for their respective projects if someone opened the door for a New York lane.

I thought the album they put out was lackluster and it didnt hold my attention past the 2nd or 3rd week it was out
...Like I wont lie the only song ive heard since the 2nd or 3rd week is n*ggas in paris and thats cause its on the radio regularly.....and the truth be told alot of the industry feels the same way....Alot of n*ggas just werent impressed with that album. Kanye/Jay and Lil Wayne came out with the biggest albums in a minute and critically they were just average.

I Think with Kanye Executive producing, and Jays ear for production matched with Nas's unforgiving approach to certain sh*t....it'd have critically been a great project.

It'd never happen tho, that much Ego in one room would turn into a catf!ght from hell.

the truth......

and meth was right........the way jay was rapping on watch the throne, it's a good thing nas wasn't apart of that album...jay would have gotten out rapped on every damn track.
 10-29-2011, 01:35 AM         #33
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:
The real question is.. when can we see that Method Man and Ghostface collab album?

They did a collabo joint with Rae last year and people slept on it. That Wu-Massacre.
 10-29-2011, 01:39 AM         #34
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so we are going to act like nas and jay never rapped on the same song before...and the songs weren't actually good?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

10-29-2011, 01:53 AM         #35
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm sorry but wasn't this the album that Hip-Hop fans wanted for years?

A Nas and Jay collabo? Look, I'm not saying it needs to happen. I think both of their careers are fine and people tend to downplay what they've done in recent years, mostly out of spite for their fans. But I think both have shown that they can still rap at a high level and that they mesh to other styles (Yes, even Nas)

Look at it this way: Nas and Damian Marley was something people couldn't envision but Nas took one aspect of his rhyming subject matter and applied to the album. Similarly Jay did the same working with Kanye and some of you were fine eating up his R.Kelly/Linkin Park collabos. So there's precedence for worse.

As far as subject matter goes? Both have gone different directions but are closer than you think. I mean listen to the lyrics on nasty. Its a highly glossy picture he paints over a boom-bap beat. Its the stuff that Jay would rap about too. On the other side, something like murder 2 Excellence or the Katrina Song on Kingdom Come are stuff that you would think Nas would do. Both are more diverse than either of their stans give the other credit for.

And as far as beats go, they'd go with what fits. People really need to stop with it with the whole "Nas can't rap over modern beats" thing. Are we gonna sit and act like he didn't murk it on too Inkredibles beats? (Usual Suspects off Rick Ross DTR album and Victory off Khaled's All I Do Is Win? Even Hero, a Polow Da Don was handled pretty well by him. Only flaw on thatr was the hook by Keri Hilson). And we already know how people feel about him on the Carter 4 Outro. Half the time you complain that's going all Escobar with it, so he goes boom bap cause you wanted him on his nasty Nas sh*t

Same deal with Jay. Let's stop it with this talk that he has lost his writing creativity. He is still putting in entendres and metaphors that are being deciphered and can rap like the old Jay (Thank You, Brooklyn We Go Hard). His whole thing right now of still being one of the greats is because he still has a comfortable meeting of commercial and creative balance.

I think if they made an album together both would find a meeting spot creatively.

Meth is right in this way: Even if the album was wack, people would not stop talking about it, because it's Nas and Jay. It would be discussed and dissected beyond it's core.

And that is the only reason they probably haven't. People are too cynical and attached to either rapper to appreciate an album from them. Every blogger, poster, writer, fan would argue "Who k!lled who" on each track when it really should be about just looking at the music. You'd get people saying one needed the other (Nas needed Jay to save his career, or Jay needed Nas to inspire him creatively. Newsflash neither needed each other for those reasons)

Jay and Nas CAN make an album together (and a good one at that), unfortunately the music would be the last thing people would be talking about if they did.
 6 years ago '05        #36
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,500 | Props total: 1358 1358
i think it should have been Ye and Nas or Ye and Meth haha
 10-29-2011, 02:01 AM         #37
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
so we are going to act like nas and jay never rapped on the same song before...and the songs weren't actually good?

lotta people liked both records
 6 years ago '07        #38
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
Production from Ye, Dre, Cole, Krit, Just, Premo, Pete Rock, JUSTICE League, and The Roots

The lead single would sample Hendrix
 6 years ago '11        #39
Mikey c 
space
space
$1,225 | Props total: 390 390
Kanye and Rza?
 6 years ago '04        #40
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,195 | Props total: 5467 5467
 StateProperty88 said:
no disrespect to nas...but Ye's resume speaks for itself
well, that is disrespect. nas resume speaks louder than kanye's
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy