Method Man Thinks "Watch The Throne" Should Have Been Nas and Jay-Z

most viewed right now
 104
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 49
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #201
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,875 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Veno da Don said:
See that's the thing right there, Nas would not drop an album "hip-hop heads" could not appreciate.
and this is why nas is a rapper, and why kanye is an artist...not saying that one is better than the other, but different. imo 808's was a great way to show where kanye's mental was during that time and how anyone else's mental would be if we went through what he went through
 6 years ago '07        #202
LilIcey 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$2,095 | Props total: 252 252
wouldn't it be better if they all 3 was on it

(my bad if some1 else said this, i didnt read the whole thread)
 10-30-2011, 11:07 AM         #203
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
just because boxden is talking about it doesnt mean much
Seen SOHH talking bout it at this much length too and we already seen a couple of articles on this. You know how much Jay and Nas together generates lengthy convos.

Like come on, fu*k what the kids and the mainstream Kanye fans think, this would generate a high level of interest amongst Hip-Hop fans and that's all we're really saying.
 6 years ago '05        #204
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,875 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Prophecy_projet said:
Seen SOHH talking bout it at this much length too and we already seen a couple of articles on this. You know how much Jay and Nas together generates lengthy convos.

Like come on, fu*k what the kids and the mainstream Kanye fans think, this would generate a high level of interest amongst Hip-Hop fans and that's all we're really saying.
who cares what generates interest among hip hop fans. hip hop fans suck and dont buy albums, thats why to have mainstream success for rappers, you have to generate interest from fans outside the genre
 6 years ago '04        #205
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
avatar space
space
$18,688 | Props total: 15456 15456
Keep dreaming tho guys



As much as I want this to happen, it'll never come to fruition. Jay-Z and Nas have to completely different approaches when it comes to making music.. And ya'll really think these two would get along during a long tour together?

 6 years ago '09        #206
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$49,078 | Props total: 8849 8849
 ironhead said:
Jay & Nas aint friends tho.
acting like your in the music industry, they are friends, I guess you missed Irv Gotti on rap fix interview
 10-30-2011, 11:20 AM         #207
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
who cares what generates interest among hip hop fans. hip hop fans suck and dont buy albums, thats why to have mainstream success for rappers, you have to generate interest from fans outside the genre

But who gives a sh*t about mainstream success now either?
Seriously, every year its only 5 acts in Hip-Hop who get that kind of acclaim

Rick Ross is considered one of the hottest rappers in the game and yet none of his albums go Plat (hell, he pushes Nas numbers with his joints)

This Watch The Throne didnt exactly go triple plat either did it? I

Every passing year the sales overall dwindle, despite the fact that there seems more general interest in Hip-Hop. So it doesn' matter. Like we're talking about if it would interest Hip-Hop heads. Obviously it would.
 6 years ago '05        #208
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,875 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Prophecy_projet said:

But who gives a sh*t about mainstream success now either?
Seriously, every year its only 5 acts in Hip-Hop who get that kind of acclaim

Rick Ross is considered one of the hottest rappers in the game and yet none of his albums go Plat (hell, he pushes Nas numbers with his joints)

This Watch The Throne didnt exactly go triple plat either did it? I

Every passing year the sales overall dwindle, despite the fact that there seems more general interest in Hip-Hop. So it doesn' matter. Like we're talking about if it would interest Hip-Hop heads. Obviously it would.
you proving my point with this...both those albums generated buzz among hip hop fans (and boxden too since thats a big deal now) as well as buzz outside of hip hop and still did the numbers they did. why? because like i said earlier, dont matter how much buzz you generate within hip hop because they dont support their artist and buy the album. those 5 acts you are talking about...its like that because of most buzz thats generated outside of hip hop (i.e. wayne, em, kanye).

you say who gives a sh*t...i think jay does. he's always had the "if it dont make dollars it dont make sense" mentality, which is why i dont think he would even think of an venture like this, jay loves the music, loves the dough more
 6 years ago '11        #209
Jeavila1014 
space
avatar space
space
$795 | Props total: 1305 1305
"Black Republicans " >>>>>>>> ne song on WTT
 6 years ago '09        #210
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1395 1395
Jay and Kanye or Jay and Nas are not simpatico enough. Although, them competing against each other on every track would bring the best out in both of them.
 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM         #211
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
you proving my point with this...both those albums generated buzz among hip hop fans (and boxden too since thats a big deal now) as well as buzz outside of hip hop and still did the numbers they did. why? because like i said earlier, dont matter how much buzz you generate within hip hop because they dont support their artist and buy the album. those 5 acts you are talking about...its like that because of most buzz thats generated outside of hip hop (i.e. wayne, em, kanye).
And did Rick Ross get dropped yet for doing low numbers? no.

That's what I'm trying to explain to you. Like most of these labels have some of what of a realsitic expectation when putting out albums too and that doesn't mean only having the intrest of fans beyond Hip-Hop. Because honestly if that was the case? You would only see 5 rap albums come out every year.

Hell there's other genres that are pratically struggling sales-wise in the states much worse than that (Metal, hard rock and Reggae) and that doesn't stop big labels from still signing in this climate.

So even if the projection was that it would not sell close to a mill, I dont think labels would say no IF (and that's a big if) they were presented with the opportunity to have a Nas/Jay-Z album on their catalog either you know?
Like who wants to be that guy? "Nah I'm alright with not releasing this in the 4th Quarter..have a Foster For the People Christmas album instead".
I mean both guys have plaques so its not like they were throwing ASAP Rocky $3mil either


 StateProperty88;21091057
you say who gives a sh*t...i think jay does.[B said:
he's always had the "if it dont make dollars it dont make sense"[/B] mentality, which is why i dont think he would even think of an venture like this, jay loves the music, loves the dough more
He signed Jay Electronica, he signed The Roots who were never big album sellers and gave them no promo, Memphis Bleek has 4 albums with one being a real seller.
I think even Jay-Z would see opportunties if two big name artists collaborated (Albums and tours). Like he's taken risks as well and done things for the love as well (American Gangster struggled to go platinum but I dont think he regrets doing that album)


Again, I just don't believe people would shrug their shoulders if somehow it happened.


Last edited by Prophecy_projet; 10-30-2011 at 11:51 AM..
 6 years ago '09        #212
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1395 1395
 StateProperty88 said:
no disrespect to nas...but Ye's resume speaks for itself
But Nas has the better resume....and it isn't even close.
 6 years ago '04        #213
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$26,860 | Props total: 17354 17354
would have been crack
 6 years ago '05        #214
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,875 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Prophecy_projet said:
And did Rick Ross get dropped yet for doing low numbers? no.

That's what I'm trying to explain to you. Like most of these labels have some of what of a realsitic expectation when putting out albums too and that doesn't mean only having the intrest of fans beyond Hip-Hop. Because honestly if that was the case? You would only see 5 rap albums come out every year.

Hell there's other genres that are pratically struggling sales-wise in the states much worse than that (Metal, hard rock and Reggae) and that doesn't stop big labels from still signing in this climate.

So even if the projection was that it would not sell close to a mill, I dont think labels would say no IF (and that's a big if) they were presented with the opportunity to have a Nas/Jay-Z album on their catalog either you know?
Like who wants to be that guy? "Nah I'm alright with not releasing this in the 4th Quarter..have a Foster For the People Christmas album instead".
I mean both guys have plaques so its not like they were throwing ASAP Rocky $3mil either




He signed Jay Electronica, he signed The Roots who were never big album sellers and gave them no promo, Memphis Bleek has 4 albums with one being a real seller.
I think even Jay-Z would see opportunties if two big name artists collaborated (Albums and tours). Like he's taken risks as well and done things for the love as well (American Gangster struggled to go platinum but I dont think he regrets doing that album)


Again, I just don't believe people would shrug their shoulders if somehow it happened.
not going to read all of this because football is bout to be on, but why would ross be dropped? like you said sales are dwindling, so his numbers are pretty solid, they still making money off him, and he has buzz outside of hip hop

memph bleek is one of his best friends...thats a horrible example. he was doing what he could to put his boy on, it didnt work, where's bleek's album now? the roots have made jay money before

not everyone would shrug their shoulders if this happen, most would
 6 years ago '05        #215
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,875 | Props total: 8394 8394
 xRapHeadx said:
But Nas has the better resume....and it isn't even close.
doesnt change the fact that RIGHT NOW, Ye is one of the biggest names in rap and nas isnt. i fu*ks wit nas so it kind of hurts me to say that but it is what it is
 6 years ago '09        #216
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1395 1395
 StateProperty88 said:
doesnt change the fact that RIGHT NOW, Ye is one of the biggest names in rap and nas isnt. i fu*ks wit nas so it kind of hurts me to say that but it is what it is
So? That had nothing to do with what you said.
 6 years ago '04        #217
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2017 2017
shoulda been...

Jay & Nas

Yeezy & Drake

T.I. & Jeezy
 10-30-2011, 12:10 PM         #218
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
not going to read all of this because football is bout to be on, but why would ross be dropped? like you said sales are dwindling, so his numbers are pretty solid, they still making money off him, and he has buzz outside of hip hop
Because according to you if it doesn't generate interest outside of rap then its not worth putting out. Have you seen Ross's numbers? Teflon Don sold about as much as Untitled. You could argue Khaled's connections have championed him.

So the point is, I dont think labels just look at pop fans. And again, I still find it hard to believe that the casual music fan wouldn't take notice if they somehow announced they collaborated.



 StateProperty88 said:
memph bleek is one of his best friends...thats a horrible example. he was doing what he could to put his boy on, it didnt work, where's bleek's album now? the roots have made jay money before
not everyone would shrug their shoulders if this happen, most would [/QUOTE]

Bleek's a perfect example lol, he release 4 albums off the guy and still was like "you're one hit away" lol.
As far as the Roots go, that Unplugged didnt even go gold. The Roots made mos of their money off touring, which I dont believe Jay ever saw a cut off.

And that still doesn't explain signing Jay Electronica.

Again, the fact that people still some kind of way about these two and its been mentioned here kinda proves people would be interested...even people dissmissing it lol
 6 years ago '05        #219
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,875 | Props total: 8394 8394
 xRapHeadx said:
So? That had nothing to do with what you said.
how you going to tell me what has to do with what i said , it had everything to do with what i said and thats why i said it
 6 years ago '05        #220
youngmarlow 
space
avatar space
space
$651 | Props total: 58 58
I feek Meth, Mcs with Mcs and producers with producers. Imagine a Rza & Dre callabo with all type of dope Mcs on that bi*ch.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 47
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
70 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Dead by Daylight - Freddy Krueger Gameplay
13 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
249 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy