The Official MLB Hot Stove 2011-2012 Offseason Thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-28-2011, 05:54 PM         #61
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokeTrees1986 said:

[pic - click to view]

Since the Angels are about to announce their new GM from Zona, all of the personnel under Cashman is coming back as well.
 10-28-2011, 06:01 PM         #62
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MLB Trade Rumors is saying Jon Heyman believes the MARINERS might be interested in scooping up Prince Fielder.

So many Ls would get racked up by teams who NEED Prince if the Ms signed him.
 6 years ago '04        #63
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
My eyes will be glued to MLB Network during the off-season

They will have some additional live programming this Hot Stove season.
 6 years ago '04        #64
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 illogik said:
I got "Error: Bad Article URL" on that
Can't find a good link. Basically their Off-season lineup is

Intentional talk
Clubhouse Confidential (Hosted by Brian Kenney)
Hot Stove

From 7-9pm

10-28-2011, 11:45 PM         #65
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Major League Baseball and the Players' a.ssociation announced earlier this evening that the start of the free agency period will be delayed by 24 hours, and will officially begin at 12:01am ET on Sunday, October 30th. All team/player/mutual option decisions are due by 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 31st. Free agents will be able to sign contracts with new teams starting at 12:01am ET on Thursday, November 3rd. The MLBPA will release a full list of free agents on Sunday, but here is our Free Agent Tracker so you don't have to wait.

Here are some other important offseason dates, courtesy of MLB.com...

Nov. 23rd: Last day for clubs to offer salary arbitration to Type-A or B free agents in order to receive draft pick compensation. Deadline is midnight ET. Here are the reversed-engineered Elias rankings.
Dec. 7th: Last day for free agents to accept arbitration, if offered. Deadline is midnight ET.
Dec. 5th-8th: Winter meetings in Dallas.
Dec. 12th: Deadline to tender contracts to players with less than six years of service time. Our Arbitration Eligibles series will give you an idea of which players are non-tender candidates.
 10-29-2011, 01:14 AM         #66
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5:44pm: The Yankees took care of one important piece of business by agreeing to a new three-year contract with GM Brian Cashman recently, and now they're moving on to bigger and better things. ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand reports that Cashman will meet with CC Sabathia's agent this weekend in an attempt to complete a new contract extension before the ace left-hander can opt-out of his contract and become a free agent.

Joel Sherman of The New York Post says (via Twitter) the commissioner's office sent out a memo informing teams that the offseason officially begins at midnight ET on Sunday, so Sabathia has until midnight ET on Wednesday to exercise his opt-out clause. Yesterday we heard that the team was "close to completing" a new contract offer for Sabathia, an offer Cashman figures to present this weekend.

Sherman notes (via Twitter) that he expects the offer to be in the five-year and $120MM range, similar to what Cliff Lee got from the Phillies last offseason. The team is concerned about bidding against itself however, simply because there aren't many other clubs capable of putting together an offer of that magnitude. Earlier this month, nearly 1,500 MLBTR readers said they expect Sabathia's new contract to be in the $121-130MM range.

6 years ago '04        #67
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,716 | Props total: 13105 13105
 Dangerously said:
5:44pm: The Yankees took care of one important piece of business by agreeing to a new three-year contract with GM Brian Cashman recently, and now they're moving on to bigger and better things. ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand reports that Cashman will meet with CC Sabathia's agent this weekend in an attempt to complete a new contract extension before the ace left-hander can opt-out of his contract and become a free agent.

Joel Sherman of The New York Post says (via Twitter) the commissioner's office sent out a memo informing teams that the offseason officially begins at midnight ET on Sunday, so Sabathia has until midnight ET on Wednesday to exercise his opt-out clause. Yesterday we heard that the team was "close to completing" a new contract offer for Sabathia, an offer Cashman figures to present this weekend.

Sherman notes (via Twitter) that he expects the offer to be in the five-year and $120MM range, similar to what Cliff Lee got from the Phillies last offseason. The team is concerned about bidding against itself however, simply because there aren't many other clubs capable of putting together an offer of that magnitude. Earlier this month, nearly 1,500 MLBTR readers said they expect Sabathia's new contract to be in the $121-130MM range.

I just have a feeling Tommy John will strike fat boy sooner than later
 6 years ago '05        #68
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,696 | Props total: 2438 2438
Yanks trying to lock up Fat boy this weekend i heard
 6 years ago '08        #69
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,278 | Props total: 13648 13648
Yesterday, while speaking as a guest on AM 620 in Tampa, Rays RHP James Shields said he believes the Rays will exercise the $7.5 million option in his contract

In a post to Twitter, SI.com’s Jon Heyman says both the Giants and Red Sox are interested in signing Carlos Beltran; and despite Andrew Marchand’s report for ESPN New York that the Yankees could be interested, Anthony McCarron of the Daily News says that pursuit is not likely

McCarron also believes the Yankees will likely pick up the $10.25 million on Nick Swisher‘s contract, this bringing him back for 2012.

Lastly, the Tigers announced they have exercised their $9 million option on RHP Jose Valverde for 2012.
 6 years ago '04        #70
space
space
We could probably sign CJ and Darvish for less

CJ
Darvish
Nova
Hughes
Burnett

= chip

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #71
space
space
 StuNNa said:

CJ
Darvish
Nova
Hughes
Burnett

= chip

[pic - click to view]

How bout send Hughes to the Bullpen and sign Mark Buehrle
 6 years ago '04        #72
space
space
 feroze said:
How bout send Hughes to the Bullpen and sign Mark Buehrle

[pic - click to view]

10-29-2011, 01:31 AM         #73
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:

CJ
Darvish
Nova
Hughes
Burnett

= chip

[pic - click to view]

k!lling me with CJ. I'd rather lock up Sabathia. Tommy John or not, he at least gives the rotation an ace. CJ is ace by default in Texas.
 6 years ago '05        #74
space
space
 StuNNa said:

[pic - click to view]

Really if we pass on fatboy y not bring him in
 6 years ago '04        #75
space
space
I just like that he's a lefty and would settle in nicely behind CC and Nova. Darvish I don't really want because of the unknown factor.
 10-29-2011, 01:34 AM         #76
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:
I just like that he's a lefty and would settle in nicely behind CC and Nova. Darvish I don't really want because of the unknown factor.
Out of the combinations, i'd be cool with CC and CJ getting picked up this offseason. At least with CJ, there's no pressure and if he falters, at least he has room to breathe. I just can't imagine CC not playing for the Yankees next year.
 6 years ago '04        #77
space
space
 feroze said:
Really if we pass on fatboy y not bring him in
He's not leaving Chicago for New York. If he leaves, it'll be to a NL team like the Cards.
His ERA in the AL East
 6 years ago '05        #78
space
space
CJ
Darvish
Nova
AJ
Buehrle

Wouldn't be a bad rotation i knw we could win the AL with that starting rotation
 6 years ago '04        #79
space
space
 Dangerously said:
Out of the combinations, i'd be cool with CC and CJ getting picked up this offseason. At least with CJ, there's no pressure and if he falters, at least he has room to breathe. I just can't imagine CC not playing for the Yankees next year.
Well whatever it is, Cash needs to get CC signed early so he can go after CJ immediately. We cannot afford to drag our feet in free agency like last year. I'll just die if our best pitching acquisitions are washed up guys like Colon or Garcia again.

feroze said:
CJ
Darvish
Nova
AJ
Buehrle

Wouldn't be a bad rotation i knw we could win the AL with that starting rotation

[pic - click to view]

There not signing Buerhle dude
 6 years ago '05        #80
space
space
I don't really see CJ producing in NY unlike how CC dominate this city
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy