Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #381
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,764 | Props total: 13148 13148
 Lukeshuel said:
Derek Jeter
Mariano Rivero
Jorge Posada (probably retiring at the end of this year but still a potential hof catcher)
Brett Gardner
Robinson Cano
David Robertson
Ivan Nova

All potential all stars every year, with the exception of Posada's last year.

Then i could throw in Montero/Noesi/Nunez if i wanted to start naming rookies who came up and looked really good

You wanna rethink that argument bro?

Thanks for getting him before I got a chance to.

Gardner is better than your expensive left fielder and makes pennies compared to him and Crawford.

Gardner > F-Mart, Bay, Doo-Doo

Montero > Thole

Bans or Bets >>>> Zack Wheeler

Robertson >>>>>> Parnell

Nova > Niese

Hughes >>>>>>> Pelfrey

you lose!

Last edited by GarySanchize24; 11-19-2011 at 12:08 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #382
space
space
ESPN's Buster Olney reports multiple teams are interested in dealing for outfielder Nick Swisher.
The Yankees exercised a $10.25 million option on Swisher this offseason but Olney suggests they are willing to listen offers on just about anyone. While it remains unlikely that a deal gets done, the move would allow them to make a play at free-agent Carlos Beltran. Swisher, 30, batted .260/.374/.449 with 23 home runs and 85 RBI in 2011, and will be eligible for free agency next fall.
Just give us a legit #3 starter for Swisher so we don't have to overpay for one in free agency.

CJ and Edwin
 6 years ago '04        #383
space
space
 dj ac said:
ike davis,duda,gee,murphy,etc r all homegrown who have the yankees developed?
i said star, none of those guys are stars

Only Ike has the potential to develop into one if he can ever stay on the field.

The rest are minor league replacement types.

*waits for you to bring up Dillon Gee's 1st half win-loss record*

6 years ago '04        #384
space
space
 minimafia_aj said:
I don't even like the Yankees but you gotta be kidding me with this.

Derek Jeter
Robison Cano
Mariano Rivera

you know, 2 future hall of famers possibly 3 pending on what Cano does the rest of his career.

anyway though, I haven't followed much baseball this year, but who is this Yoenis Cespedes kid? I saw a bunch of teams are interested in him, 26 year old OF from Cuba. Saw the Cubs interested but they where saying this dude is gonna get big money 8 years $60 million. idk how I feel about that, Fukudome didn't work out so well.
Some highly touted Cuban outfield "prospect". He's already 26 allegedly, so giving him an 8 year deal would be organizational suicide. Dude looks like a freakishly gifted athlete so some team will give him a shot. As for Fukudome, don't compare the Japs to the Cubans. Japs haven't produced a good positional player in the MLB since Ichiro and Hideki.
 6 years ago '08        #385
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,339 | Props total: 13713 13713
 StuNNa said:
Thanks for getting him before I got a chance to.

Gardner is better than your expensive left fielder and makes pennies compared to him and Crawford.

Gardner > F-Mart, Bay, Doo-Doo

Montero > Thole

Robertson >>>>>> Parnell

Nova > Niese

Hughes >>>>>>> Pelfrey

you lose!
Gardner cant hit tho,at least thole can handle a pitching staff monteros a fu*kin dh,how do u know theyre better than wheeler??? i'll give u robertson,novas the most overrated young pitcher n baseball pelf had an off year but hes still better than hughes yea i lost
 6 years ago '08        #386
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,339 | Props total: 13713 13713
 StuNNa said:
i said star, none of those guys are stars

Only Ike has the potential to develop into one if he can ever stay on the field.

The rest are minor league replacement types.

*waits for you to bring up Dillon Gee's 1st half win-loss record*

Who have the yankees developed that r stars??? u havent even mentioned any yankee up and coming players idk y i even argue with u sh*ts pointless
 6 years ago '04        #387
space
space
 dj ac said:
Gardner cant hit tho,at least thole can handle a pitching staff monteros a fu*kin dh,how do u know theyre better than wheeler??? i'll give u robertson,novas the most overrated young pitcher n baseball pelf had an off year but hes still better than hughes yea i lost
Hughes made an all-star team. Pelfrey will never EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER sniff the all-star game. Maybe as a waterboy

Why's Nova overrated, because he lost 4 decisions and won 16 in his rookie fu*king year? Keep losing scrub.

Montero has more power than anybody in the Mets lineup except Ike.

Gardner outhit your 15 million dollar a year left fielder tho from the 9th hole
 6 years ago '05        #388
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
 StuNNa said:
 11-19-2011, 08:15 PM         #389
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We can just ignore that Gardner almost won the AL stolen bases crown this year

People talking about the Yankees farm, especially Illogik, go check those Baseball America rankings. Our High A team could beat your AAA team
 6 years ago '04        #390
space
space
 Sac-Town said:
 6 years ago '05        #391
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
to say either of the 3 are better
 6 years ago '04        #392
SmokeTrees1986 5 heat pts
space
space
$911 | Props total: 0 0
 StuNNa said:
CJ and Edwin
id take edwin for the right price
 6 years ago '04        #393
space
space
 SmokeTrees1986 said:
id take edwin for the right price
boras is his agent, he's probably trying to bill edwin as pedro in his prime.
 6 years ago '04        #394
space
space
Braves Interested In Trading For Eduardo Nunez
By Mike Axisa [November 19 at 10:40pm CST]

The Braves are looking to add offense this winter, and John Harper of The New York Daily News reports that they let the Yankees know they'd be interested in trading for shortstop Eduardo Nunez last week.

“They need offense," said Harper's source. "They need a shortstop because they don’t want to bring [Alex] Gonzalez back, and they like Nunez a lot. They know the jury is out on him defensively, but they think his offense is strong enough that he could move to the outfield if he can’t be their long-term answer at short.”

Atlanta did not discuss Jair Jurrjens or any specific players on their side with the Yankees, and they also showed interest in Nunez last winter. The 24-year-old infielder hit .265/.313/.385 with five homers in 338 plate appearances this past year, stealing 22 bases in 28 tries as well.

Nunez played short and third base primarily last season, getting regular at-bats when Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez hit the disabled list at different times of the summer. He also saw time at second base and occasionally filled in at the corner outfield spots. Nunez committed 20 errors in his limited time, most coming on throws, so his ability to play the left side of the infield on an everyday basis is still in question.

Swisher, Nunez for Prado and Jurrjens
 6 years ago '05        #395
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
 StuNNa said:
boras is his agent, he's probably trying to bill edwin as pedro in his prime.
 6 years ago '05        #396
marvelous 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,442 | Props total: 690 690
 StuNNa said:

Swisher, Nunez for Prado and Jurrjens
You would know better then me but is Nunez offense that good?...he never impressed me when I had it on the YES network
 11-20-2011, 08:31 AM         #397
Lukeshuel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 marvelous said:
You would know better then me but is Nunez offense that good?...he never impressed me when I had it on the YES network
If he learned how to draw some more walks and tightened up his defense he would be really good.

But he is young/cheap and can play just about any position in the infield, and isn't horrible at the plate, think he hit like .270 last year with 20 or so steals in limited playing time.

And for that reason i really don't want to trade him, we need somebody who can play 3B/SS cause Joe is going to give Jeter/Arod one rest day and one DH day a week. And we need someone to pick up those 250 or so AB's and not be a blackhole in the lineup.
 6 years ago '05        #398
marvelous 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,442 | Props total: 690 690
 Lukeshuel said:
If he learned how to draw some more walks and tightened up his defense he would be really good.

But he is young/cheap and can play just about any position in the infield, and isn't horrible at the plate, think he hit like .270 last year with 20 or so steals in limited playing time.

And for that reason i really don't want to trade him, we need somebody who can play 3B/SS cause Joe is going to give Jeter/Arod one rest day and one DH day a week. And we need someone to pick up those 250 or so AB's and not be a blackhole in the lineup.
can he play LF? cause we just need a bridge at SS..until Pastornicky or Simmons is ready

Edit:well i guess Nunez can move to 3rd after this year when Chipper retires
 11-20-2011, 10:52 AM         #399
Lukeshuel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 marvelous said:
can he play LF? cause we just need a bridge at SS..until Pastornicky or Simmons is ready

Edit:well i guess Nunez can move to 3rd after this year when Chipper retires
He can, i remember us playing him in the OF a bit. But he does have a noodle arm so don't expect him to gun people down at the plate.
 6 years ago '04        #400
space
space
Nunez is just overlooked because of Derek Jeter. Alot of teams Nunez would be starting for. Braves could use him in both OF corners, 3B, SS and 2B.

I really don't want to help the Braves. Jurrjens might be hurt and they want to just cash in on his excellent 1st half. I really don't trust Braves pitchers because we've been burned so many times.

Hanson tho

I can only dream
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago