The Official MLB Hot Stove 2011-2012 Offseason Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #341
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,239 | Props total: 13601 13601
The Mets*met with the representatives for free agent RHP Frank Francisco,”*Newsday’s Ken Davidoff said on Twitter.

Earlier this week, Joel Sherman of the New York Post*said he believes the Mets would be willing to spend ‘$8-$10 million for late inning relief,’ and ‘they are considering if it is best to share that total between two relievers with some closer pedigree,’ such as Francisco and*Matt Capps

The idea, according to Sherman, “would be to have two men battle for the job with the loser getting the eighth inning.”

not bad if we could get 1 or the other or maybe even both grady sizemore better be next
 6 years ago '04        #342
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,650 | Props total: 13044 13044
Have a feeling Timmy's contract is going to crush sabathia and lee's respective deals.
 6 years ago '05        #343
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
I'm sure he will, if there's anyone in the league right now that deserves that kind of $$$ it's Timmy
 6 years ago '04        #344
space
space
 Sac-Town said:
I'm sure he will, if there's anyone in the league right now that deserves that kind of $$$ it's Timmy
Yep, I don't think there ever was a 2 Time Cy Young Award winner before finishing their 1st 6 years before free agency in the history of baseball. His contract needs to be Barry Zito's current contract times 2
 6 years ago '04        #345
space
space
SI.com's Jon Heyman reports that C.J. Wilson is looking for a six-year, $120 million contract.

It doesn't seem likely that he'll find it, but that's not a bad place for his agent to start. Wilson has drawn interest from enough teams that he should be able to land a contract of five years or more, but asking for $20 million annually is probably a reach. The Marlins, Red Sox, Yankees and Angels are said to have serious interest, and the Rangers will also attempt to re-sign the lefty.

[pic - click to view]

This n*gga CJ trying to become the modern day Mike Hampton
 6 years ago '05        #346
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,691 | Props total: 2419 2419
Hope the yanks don't give CJ a contract like that or even close to whats he's asking ...fu*k that ill wait a extra year and c what we can do with this rotation
 6 years ago '04        #347
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
 StuNNa said:
Why the hell would the tigers want to trade delmon young to the braves for Martin prado? Delmon single handedly saved that team last year along with fisted.
I'd have to look at their farm system but Andy Dirks (Wichita State bi*ches!) & Brandon Boesch are both viable MLB average candidate for them in the OF who is cheaper and will give just about the same production at Delmon. Lesbi-honest at this point in time, Delmon Young is not the superstar he was supposed to be. Below average fielder and league average (at best) at the plate. Hes making 5.3 million and hes about to be a un-restricted free agent. If you really wanna think about it this has Yankees written all over it.

Plus the Tigers 2b situation is horrible considering they split time between between Guillen (whose done at this point) and Will Rhymes. Rhymes might be productive but you know Prado will be.

Dont know why I care so much since they are our only challengers in the Central but still...
 6 years ago '07        #348
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,195 | Props total: 19753 19753
The Brewers expect to discuss potential extensions with starters Zack Greinke and Shaun Marcum this winter, tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. In a second tweet, Knobler adds that the Brew Crew could also explore a long-term deal for closer John Axford, among others.

Greinke and Marcum, both acquired by the Brewers in trades last offseason, will be eligible for free agency a year from now. Greinke is entering the final season of a four-year, $38MM contract, while Marcum is eligible for arbitration for the last time this winter. Axford, meanwhile, is still a year away from being arbitration-eligible.

If no extensions are worked out before the 2012 campaign begins, Greinke will earn $13.5MM, while MLBTR projects Marcum to earn approximately $6.8MM.
10:10pm: The Cubs have offered Sveum the job as manager, tweets Heyman. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports notes (via Twitter) that the Red Sox, who are also considering Sveum, haven't made him an official offer.
 6 years ago '07        #349
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 305 305
:dancingcool: :mj2: :celebrate:

at least he wont be your 3rd base coach sending guys home from a hit to the 3rd basemen
 6 years ago '04        #350
space
space
 YoDoods said:
I'd have to look at their farm system but Andy Dirks (Wichita State bi*ches!) & Brandon Boesch are both viable MLB average candidate for them in the OF who is cheaper and will give just about the same production at Delmon. Lesbi-honest at this point in time, Delmon Young is not the superstar he was supposed to be. Below average fielder and league average (at best) at the plate. Hes making 5.3 million and hes about to be a un-restricted free agent. If you really wanna think about it this has Yankees written all over it.

Plus the Tigers 2b situation is horrible considering they split time between between Guillen (whose done at this point) and Will Rhymes. Rhymes might be productive but you know Prado will be.

Dont know why I care so much since they are our only challengers in the Central but still...

Delmon isn't a RF'er and Gardner is a gold glove defender in LF. We don't want want or need Delmon.

But you bring up other good points, Delmon has been a bust except for 2010 in Minny and the last 2 months of this past season for Detroit. Prado would be a good look but IDK why the Braves would want to give him up when he's solid and versatile.
 6 years ago '05        #351
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,691 | Props total: 2419 2419
I heard CJ WILSON is going to Visit the Angels

EDIT:
 6 years ago '04        #352
space
space
 feroze said:
I heard CJ WILSON is going to Visit the Angels

EDIT:
Hope he signs with them. It weakens Texas and the Halos will still stink and be saddled with another bad contract.
 6 years ago '06        #353
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
 StuNNa said:
Hope he signs with them. It weakens Texas and the Halos will still stink and be saddled with another bad contract.
Pretty much. I mean, I don't know about "stink", but they still won't be GREAT.
 6 years ago '04        #354
space
space
If Texas puts Feliz in that rotation like they should, Halos won't even sniff the playoffs.
 11-17-2011, 01:56 PM         #355
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illogik said:
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
#redsox trying to hire omar minaya as special a.ssistant, reports @MaureenaMullen
:mj2:
 11-17-2011, 01:57 PM         #356
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaShark316 said:
Pretty much. I mean, I don't know about "stink", but they still won't be GREAT.
If the Angels were going to spend that kind of money, they should do it on a BAT. Their rotation was just fine.
 6 years ago '04        #357
space
space
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Rockies and Mets briefly talked about a deal involving Huston Street and Mike Pelfrey.
Interesting. It doesn't appear as though a deal is imminent, though, as Sherman reports that the Mets "do not seem overly enamored with Street." Street, 28 is due $7.5 million next season while his contract includes a $9 million player option or a $500,000 buyout. The Mets have a clear need at closer, but they would almost certainly be able to find one for cheaper on the open market. Finding a replacement for Pelfrey, who has logged at least 184 1/3 innings in each of the last four seasons, would likely prove to be more difficult.

The fu*k they need a high priced closer for?
 11-17-2011, 02:34 PM         #358
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:

Because Hisanori blows.
 6 years ago '04        #359
space
space
 Dangerously said:
Because Hisanori blows.
Ain't the Mets closer by default Parnell?
 6 years ago '04        #360
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
 StuNNa said:
Delmon isn't a RF'er and Gardner is a gold glove defender in LF. We don't want want or need Delmon.

But you bring up other good points, Delmon has been a bust except for 2010 in Minny and the last 2 months of this past season for Detroit. Prado would be a good look but IDK why the Braves would want to give him up when he's solid and versatile.
He came up as a right fielder. With Granderson in Center whos not bad you can hide him. I wouldnt move Gardner either. I would think if he was in a situation where he didnt have to be "the man" he could flourish a bit more. The Yanks might give him that opportunity. But largely I base that off of his salary is getting up there and not to many teams would be willing to give him a shot unless they have payroll to throw around.

StuNNa said:

Id listen to Pelfrey for Soria. Pelfrey's from Wichita (3 hrs southwest of KC) so it may do him some good.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago