The Official MLB Hot Stove 2011-2012 Offseason Thread

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #261
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
Via MLBTradeRumors

"The Royals acquired lefty Jonathan Sanchez and minor leaguer Ryan Verdugo from the Giants for Melky Cabrera, announced the team.

Sanchez, 28, may have been a non-tender candidate for the Giants after a disappointing 2011 season that saw him walk 5.9 per nine innings and miss significant time with biceps tendinitis and a sprained ankle. The southpaw is tough to hit and has big-time strikeout numbers, but control has always been a problem. He projects to earn $5.2MM in 2012, after which he'll be eligible for free agency. That he was traded for Cabrera shows how much his trade value slipped during the '11 season. "
 6 years ago '04        #262
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
Opens up room for Lorenzo Cain and we were able to get rotation guy. As long as Sanchez cures that injury bug...
 11-07-2011, 12:55 PM         #263
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KC got r*ped if Sanchez doesn't win 15+ and has an ERA under 3.50.

Melky is going to fit right in with that Giants order. Another Yankee prospect
 11-07-2011, 01:43 PM         #264
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sanchez is in decline, injuries, leaving a pitcher's park and headed to the AL. Ouch.

While SF gets an OF perfect for that park.
 6 years ago '04        #265
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
 The Lefty said:
While SF gets an OF perfect for that park.
yeah for the other team. You do realize Melky is a horrible fielder right?
 6 years ago '05        #266
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
good luck pitching in the AL
Melky is a huge offensive upgrade to the CF position for us
 6 years ago '04        #267
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,727 | Props total: 13124 13124
 Sac-Town said:
good luck pitching in the AL
Melky is a huge offensive upgrade to the CF position for us
Melky sucks on defense. Take it from this Yankee fan bruh.

Melky in CF and Beltran in RF

Dangerously said:
KC got r*ped if Sanchez doesn't win 15+ and has an ERA under 3.50.

Melky is going to fit right in with that Giants order. Another Yankee prospect
Is he really a defensive upgrade over Torres? Melky is NOT the offensive player he was for KC last year but SF had to take a gamble since they weren't going to sign Sanchez long term anyway.

And when's the last time a KC pitcher won more than 15 games and had an ERA under 3.50 not named Zack Greinke.

Last edited by GarySanchize24; 11-07-2011 at 03:49 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #268
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
 StuNNa said:
Melky sucks on defense. Take it from this Yankee fan bruh.

Melky in CF and Beltran in RF
i never said anything about his defensive ability, i'll take a average to below fielder for a bat at this point

i wouldn't mind moving Beltran to LF if we sign him and having schierholtz or Belt play RF
 6 years ago '04        #269
space
space
 Sac-Town said:
i never said anything about his defensive ability, i'll take a average to below fielder for a bat at this point

i wouldn't mind moving Beltran to LF if we sign him and having schierholtz or Belt play RF
Just don't ever in your life expect him to hit .305 or have an 800+OPS again. Especially in the NL and all those NL west parks.
 6 years ago '04        #270
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
 illogik said:
And why is that mr sports guru?
For every reason there is to believe he will there is a reason to believe he wont.

I've always like Melky Cabrera as a player. But lets be real here.

This is is the closest he has come to putting up the type of numbers he had this past year
Year Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB
2007 22 NYY AL 150 612 545 66 149 24 8 8 73 13 5 43 68 .273 .327 .391 .718 88 213 14 5 10 9 0
And since we're talking about sanchez/cabrera think about it like this

We used a spot we had open on a cheap FA who could revive his value, got Cain more AAA time like the smart teams do (Tampa Bay), and the turned a career year from cheap FA into a guy who doesn't get hit, and strikes out a ton of guys, from the left side, entering his prime.

He got Sanchez -- and the little lefty reliever who is pretty interesting too -- and essentially got Cain, as he had no place to play while cheap FA was here and wouldn't play everyday here in 2012 unless they moved the cheap FA.

Last edited by YoDoods; 11-07-2011 at 04:39 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #271
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,696 | Props total: 2451 2451
Melky won't have a season like how he did last year all yankees fans know this
 6 years ago '04        #272
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
Melky back in the NL isn't good. He sucked the last time there. Melky has an above average arm and his range isn't up there with the top tier CF's but I wouldn't call him a liability by any means out there. I have seen worse CF's. He definitely wont hit .305 again.
 6 years ago '06        #273
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6777 6777
any word on Yoenis Cespedes?
 6 years ago '05        #274
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
Melky>Torres that's really all that matters

if he comes in and hits .275 and doesn't lose us any games on Defense i'll be happy

Giants still need a leadoff hitter though
 11-07-2011, 06:07 PM         #275
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:
Is he really a defensive upgrade over Torres? Melky is NOT the offensive player he was for KC last year but SF had to take a gamble since they weren't going to sign Sanchez long term anyway.
Yeah, I didn't mention anything about him playing defense or him playing in Center Field. If anything, I could see him in Right or playing off the bench. When I said he'd fit right at home in the lineup, how can you hate a switch hitting 27 year old coming off an .800+ OBP season? Regardless if he hits .300 again or not, his improvement in plate discipline won't mysteriously disappear once he goes to the NL.

StuNNa said:
And when's the last time a KC pitcher won more than 15 games and had an ERA under 3.50 not named Zack Greinke.
Kevin Appier? Brett Saberhagen? It's not like it couldn't happen again, it's not like the Royals are the Mariners and can't score. He's never won 15 games, so I'm going to lower expectations and say he has to win at least 11 games for him to not be a flop. I think he's going to flop though.
 11-07-2011, 06:08 PM         #276
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sac-Town said:
Melky>Torres that's really all that matters

if he comes in and hits .275 and doesn't lose us any games on Defense i'll be happy

Giants still need a leadoff hitter though
Why can't you keep Torres at leadoff and put Melky behind him? It's not like Melky couldn't play right.
 6 years ago '05        #277
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
Torres isn't the answer at leadoff and i don't really like the idea of Melky playing the wall in SF
 11-07-2011, 07:03 PM         #278
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't put him in left, he'd get lost out there. we'll see. There's such a log jam in outfield for the Giants. Not a bad problem to have though.
 6 years ago '04        #279
space
space
Marlins to meet with Mark Buehrle on Tuesday
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the Marlins will meet with free agent left-hander Mark Buehrle on Tuesday.
It's all part of a busy week for the Marlins, as Rosenthal hears they are also scheduled to visit with Jose Reyes on Wednesday and Cuban outfielder Cuban outfielder Yoennis Cespedes on Thursday. If that wasn't enough, the Marlins will officially unveil their new logo during a press conference on Friday.
Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter Nov 7 - 11:32 PM

Heyman: Phillies have talked to Papelbon
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Phillies have had contract talks with Jonathan Papelbon.
Ruben Amaro, Jr. said as much when he told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com on Monday that he is "talking to everyone," but Heyman writes that the Phillies "seem determined" to sign either Papelbon or Ryan Madson. Papelbon earned $12 million this season while posting a 2.94 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, 31 saves and an 87/10 K/BB ratio over 64 1/3 innings. He figures to get the biggest contract among free agent closers.
Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter Nov 7 - 10:31 PM
Would be crazy to see paps in another uni
 11-08-2011, 12:51 AM         #280
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:
Would be crazy to see paps in another uni
I told you he wasn't coming back.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov NPD: PS4 wins, COD wins, Xbox Makes Money.
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
229 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy