The Official MLB Hot Stove 2011-2012 Offseason Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #241
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,238 | Props total: 13600 13600
 StuNNa said:
scary for whom? the national's medical staff?
They sh*t on all the yankee starters not named cc
 11-06-2011, 07:43 AM         #242
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illogik said:
I thought you were on that "we shouldn't go after a japanese pitcher. gonna be dice-k 2.0"

I think Stunna said earlier he changed his mind once he saw the footage on Darvish. illogik is like Stunna's fact checker.
 6 years ago '04        #243
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,644 | Props total: 13030 13030
 Dangerously said:
I think Stunna said earlier he changed his mind once he saw the footage on Darvish. illogik is like Stunna's fact checker.
more like my d!ck rider

Last edited by GarySanchize24; 11-06-2011 at 12:08 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #244
space
space
 dj ac said:
They sh*t on all the yankee starters not named cc
and they sh*t on the whole mets organization, whats ur point?

they still wont make the playoffs
 6 years ago '04        #245
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
 StuNNa said:
Trade makes no sense for the Royals who won't be ready to compete in 2012.

Hosmer/Moustakas/Gordon/Escobar/Cain are a nice core. Royals will be the new Rays in a year or 2.
It doesnt make sense because we wOuld be giving up 2 prospects that have a future not only here but in baseball period. Inwould be content giving away at least one of the two for someone like King felix. The royals do have a legit shot at making some noise this next year because the central is so week but we have to shore up the pitching staff which hampered a very good offensive team this past year
 11-06-2011, 11:08 AM         #246
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illogik said:
Just asking him a question
You damn know what you're trying to do
 6 years ago '07        #247
Chief|m 55 heat pts55
space
space
$22,315 | Props total: 2061 2061
fu*k every team trying to sign reyes

6 years ago '04        #248
space
space
 YoDoods said:
It doesnt make sense because we wOuld be giving up 2 prospects that have a future not only here but in baseball period. Inwould be content giving away at least one of the two for someone like King felix. The royals do have a legit shot at making some noise this next year because the central is so week but we have to shore up the pitching staff which hampered a very good offensive team this past year
If only you guys could've held onto greinke. As for soaria, I don't get why the royals are keeping him. Yes he's cheap but an elite closer on a non contender makes no sense especially when you could get some teams top prospects for him.
 6 years ago '04        #249
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
 StuNNa said:
If only you guys could've held onto greinke. As for soaria, I don't get why the royals are keeping him. Yes he's cheap but an elite closer on a non contender makes no sense especially when you could get some teams top prospects for him.
word but honestly the grienke trade helped us alot with having Alcides Escobar who was brilliant this year. And Jake Odorizzi was k!lling it in double A this year.

I agree about Soria. If we can get some one whose league ready or maybe a year out I say we move him. We have options in the bullpen who arent nearly as good but still have pretty good stuff. Id like to see them convert him to a starter during ST. Hes got a good repertoire of pitches. And he's a former starter in the Mexican leagues.

This will be the first year in a while where the Royals dont have a major overhaul of their roster. What you saw on the field in August/September will be the same. Which is good thing

Last edited by YoDoods; 11-06-2011 at 12:57 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #250
space
space
Cain needs playing time. I hope Moore doesnt make a mistake and sign melky for a long time.
Prado, if he could be had for some lesser prospects, would fit in nicely at 2b for kc.
 6 years ago '04        #251
space
space
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Mets are open to trading David Wright this offseason and are "focusing upon" the Angels as a potential trade partner.
"We will listen on Wright for sure," a Mets official told Sherman. "We know we are not going to win it all in 2012. We have to hope the Phillies get old and we are in position to take advantage of that in 2013-14, and we have to figure out ways to speed the process to get there." Sherman writes that the Mets are looking for a defensive-oriented center fielder, as well as a couple pitching prospects in exchange for Wright, who will be a free agent after next season if his option isn't picked up. He mentions a deal involving Peter Bourjos, plus two of pitching prospects Tyler Chatwood, Garrett Richards and John Hellweg as one that could entice the Mets.
Mets fans about to commit that. @ the return for your franchise player.
 11-06-2011, 02:53 PM         #252
3rdpiano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StuNNa said:
Mets fans about to commit that. @ the return for your franchise player.
But PB and a pitching prospect is a good deal for Wright.

As a Met fan, trade Wright, let Reyes walk and rebuild on Pitching and defense for 2013/2014 when the $$$ be back to get a star in FA.
 6 years ago '04        #253
space
space
 3rdpiano said:
But PB and a pitching prospect is a good deal for Wright.

As a Met fan, trade Wright, let Reyes walk and rebuild on Pitching and defense for 2013/2014 when the $$$ be back to get a star in FA.
PB is worthless to them since they have Trout. Wright and Reyes will be gone for some teams 1st rounder, a sandwich pick, PB and Tyler Chatwood? PB shouldn't be no centerpiece of a trade for your franchise player. Pitching and defense won't surpass the Braves, Phillies, Marlins and Nats for the next few years. You'll have a gaping hole at 3B, SS, 2B, CF, and LF (Bay ). Mets got alot of work to do dude.

Last edited by GarySanchize24; 11-06-2011 at 03:08 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #254
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,691 | Props total: 2418 2418
 StuNNa said:
more like my d!ck rider

6 years ago '04        #255
space
space
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that "there is sentiment within the Mets' organization that the timing isn't right to build around Jose Reyes."
Olney mentions Reyes' leg injuries and the fact that the Mets are probably at least a couple years away from contending as reasons why a long-term deal might not make sense. Also a factor is that the Mets are looking to trim payroll by $30 million, so it's not the optimal time for them to make any long-term commitments. Reyes is likely looking for a Carl Crawford-type deal (seven years, $142 million) this winter
Mets lost :mj2:
 6 years ago '05        #256
space
space

The Mets will be open to discussing David Wright in trades this winter as they complete a move away from Wright and Jose Reyes.

"We will listen on Wright for sure," a Mets official said. "We know we are not going to win it all in 2012. We have to hope the Phillies get old and we are in position to take advantage of that in 2013-14, and we have to figure out ways to speed the process to get there."

Joel Sherman of The New York Post writes that the Mets are focused on the Angels, who had interest in Wright previously and have young talent in Mike Trout and Peter Bourjos.

Via New York Post

Read more:

[pic - click to view]

Mets Lost

.............In other news r the Yankees gunna bring back Eric Chavez i rather him than Andrew Jones
 6 years ago '04        #257
space
space
andruw is a beast off the bench vs lefties.

Chavez is too injury prone but if it's a non guarunteed contract I'm cool with it.
 6 years ago '05        #258
space
space
 StuNNa said:
andruw is a beast off the bench vs lefties.

Chavez is too injury prone but if it's a non guarunteed contract I'm cool with it.
Chavez could get hits in key situation thou + he's good at being Arod backup
 6 years ago '04        #259
space
space
 feroze said:
Chavez could get hits in key situation thou + he's good at being Arod backup

he's good at being on the DL (no homo).

we can't have a fragile backup to our fragile 3B.
 6 years ago '08        #260
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,238 | Props total: 13600 13600
According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, the Rays could look to deal RHP Wade Davis this winter, and Troy Renck of the Denver Post suggests he could be a target by the Rockies

The Yankees have reached out to the agents for both Roy Oswalt and C.J. Wilson, writes Marc Carig of the Star Ledger

Scott Boras says he?s had ?good dialogue? with the Phillies about retaining closer Ryan Madson, says Jim Salisbury of Comcast Sportsnet.

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Braves plan to increase their payroll for 2012.

The Braves are NOT among the ten teams interested in OF Josh Willingham, tweets Dave O?Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
19 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy