NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #121
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
$30,257 | Props total: 8667 8667
By the way, Gold is down $55 an ounce right now. Was down about $30 yesterday.....

For the people who think Gold has no correlation to equities.

6 years ago '10        #122
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Well...I'd call today a productive one
 6 years ago '06        #123
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
Crazy close...wonder where it goes tomorrow. I'm bearish so want to see the A pan out but in the last minute we rallied to what looks like should be an up day tomorrow. Guess it depends on the news overnight
 6 years ago '08        #124
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
Crazy close...wonder where it goes tomorrow. I'm bearish do want to fast the A fills but in the last minute we rallied to what looks like should be an up day tomorrow. Guess it depends on the news overnight
I'm not holding anything in my account, but I went long in the contest lol ..we held some good support today and managed to get above 1215 on that little eod rally.

We should close above 1220 for the week and bounce from here IMO. Then after Thanksgiving it will start to come tumbling down again. Probably gonna be light volume next week due to the holiday.
 6 years ago '08        #125
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 iNsane said:
Well...I'd call today a productive one
:dancingcool:
 11-17-2011, 11:36 PM         #126
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you're going to be "buying" gold, you should look into buying gold mining equities. They have not risen with the price of gold but we all know there needs to be bullion to the large holdings in the paper contract gold market. Allied Nevada Gold.

Been in value investing mode more than trading.
 11-17-2011, 11:47 PM         #127
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andrefrbk said:
That first statement, i really gotta see the source for this if you have one.

In terms of OUR current economic structure, i dont see the correlation between a commodity such gold, and the market.

Im not here to school anyone, that last statement is not me stating a fact btw. If you got anymore info, id interested.
I'd rather not give out a bunch of books, that will probably never be followed up on - so disregard that statement.

Here is a good brief breakdown of the correlation:

"The currency markets have an impact on all markets, but the main one to focus on is commodity prices. Commodity prices affect bonds and, subsequently, stocks. The U.S. dollar and commodity prices generally trend in opposite directions. As the dollar declines relative to other currencies, the reaction can be seen in commodity prices

Read more:

Jim Rogers also breaks this down in his book Hot Commodities. I don't really consider gold a commodity per se because of the safe haven like stigma attached. I'm more along the lines of sugar, coffee, crude oil, aluminum, copper or soybeans.
 11-18-2011, 04:13 AM         #128
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
Sold my $VIX calls from yesterday. In at 1.80 out at 2.75 +52.7%

Took about a $2k profit there on the market sell off. I'll buy back in tomorrow maybe.
why did you sell them? what signs led you to that decision? was it just some luck/intuition or did you have a legitimate reason?

also when i open my etrade account, as a first time investor, whats the first thing recommended that i should do?
 6 years ago '11        #129
MACADEMICS 17 heat pts17
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 1547 1547
o7, I got some gold which i'm holding, you think I should sell it off now? Do you think there will be a large drop off now? How long you been trading for, you said you learned most of the stuff online, is there like specific things you need to learn like reading on the history of crashes, patterns of markets etc...Thanks
 6 years ago '06        #130
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:
why did you sell them? what signs led you to that decision? was it just some luck/intuition or did you have a legitimate reason?

also when i open my etrade account, as a first time investor, whats the first thing recommended that i should do?
You just have to read and learn about indicators and trend lines and what everything does...then practice. But here is a pic of the Russell 2000. That line acts a support and resistance ...you see before end of oct it acted as resistance and anytime it got to the line it went back down. Then it finally broke and now acts as support do when it gets to this line it bounces back up. Now I think we break the line soon and when we do a drop below it but yesterday it didn't do it looks like a bounce coming (along with some other indicators)

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by philly337; 11-18-2011 at 07:22 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #131
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:

I sold them because the markets were holding key support levels. And I was looking for a bounce/rally today in the markets.

The first thing before you do any type of investing is you should learn about everything first. Don't jump in the markets blindly because 9 times out of 10 you'll lose your money.

MACADEMICS said:
o7, I got some gold which i'm holding, you think I should sell it off now? Do you think there will be a large drop off now? How long you been trading for, you said you learned most of the stuff online, is there like specific things you need to learn like reading on the history of crashes, patterns of markets etc...Thanks
I personally wouldn't hold Gold for much longer. It already put in its highs at $1,900 or whatever it went to a few months ago. It's pretty much down hill from here IMO.

I've been trading for a little over 2 years now. Most of my knowledge came from reading up online, the rest studying charts and looking at the past. Chart patterns and price action/volume are your best friends.
 6 years ago '05        #132
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
Damn, just read this whole thread.

I'm thinking about using 10k on this.
 6 years ago '06        #133
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
Spy flirting with support...let's see what the top of the hour brings
 6 years ago '10        #134
space
space
space
SPX red now
 6 years ago '08        #135
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
I still think we'll close above 1220 today. I picked up SPY calls.
 6 years ago '08        #136
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 o7media said:
I still think we'll close above 1220 today. I picked up SPY calls.
Just sold my SPY calls... too early. Sold at 1.25 and they shot up to 1.45 in seconds

I've had bad entries and exits all day today. fu*ked up earlier with QQQ puts too. Sold for a loss, and they sky rocketed after

Still up about $700 for the day but could have been up close to 2k
 6 years ago '11        #137
MACADEMICS 17 heat pts17
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 1547 1547
How can you short gold? Is it risky, what is the best way. You said buy LEAPS on ETFs that track at the beginning of the thread, how long for? Thanks.
 6 years ago '08        #138
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 MACADEMICS said:
How can you short gold? Is it risky, what is the best way. You said buy LEAPS on ETFs that track at the beginning of the thread, how long for? Thanks.
Like the GLD etf ...

I'd probably go a year out, or further if you can afford it. The GLD etf is very very liquid, they have options going to January 2014.

But like the March 2013 would be good. Pretty expensive though.
 6 years ago '10        #139
space
space
space
I didn't play anything. I was going to get in on some SPY Calls but we pretty much closed flat. I hate days like today.
 6 years ago '08        #140
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 iNsane said:
I didn't play anything. I was going to get in on some SPY Calls but we pretty much closed flat. I hate days like today.
Yeah today was fu*kin boring
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
19 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc