A Stock Market Crash is coming!

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #41
40ozHenny 38 heat pts38
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 1215 1215
when you say the possibility exists to make millions from the both the crash and recovery from that crash...how much are you initially investing?
 6 years ago '08        #42
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
$30,264 | Props total: 8667 8667
 40ozHenny said:
when you say the possibility exists to make millions from the both the crash and recovery from that crash...how much are you initially investing?
If you're doing with options not much. Probably less than 50k.
 10-29-2011, 01:54 PM         #43
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
If you're doing with options not much. Probably less than 50k.
you act like 50k is "not much" ....where are most of us supposed to get around 50k from? to invest in a risky investment no less...you act like most people just have 50k in throwaway money lying around
 6 years ago '08        #44
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:
you act like 50k is "not much" ....where are most of us supposed to get around 50k from? to invest in a risky investment no less...you act like most people just have 50k in throwaway money lying around
lol ..well first of all, you don't HAVE to do anything. you don't have to buy anything if you don't have the money. you don't have have to buy anything if you DO have the money ..i simply made this thread so people can be aware.

and 40ozHenny asked how much would it take to make a million...i said less than 50k. that may be a lot of money to you, but it's not a lot if you're looking at a 1 mil return. besides, who said you have to make a million bucks? you can put in 10k or 20k ...or as little as 500 bucks.

and a risky investment? no not really, not on options that expire over a year from now. there's a ton of time value on them.

also, what kind of investment did you think could make you a million bucks? lol at thinking 50k is a lot ...this isn't the lotto. you're not going to make a million dollars on a $1 lotto ticket
 6 years ago '08        #45
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
We're talking hypothetical situations anyway. I'm just giving you guys ideas, I'm not saying buy this or buy that ...I'm just stating my opinion like I always do with stocks.

You can listen if you want or ignore it...

But 40ozHenny, here's an example of a return:

Before the August correction, the VXX January 2013 55x calls were trading at $2.59. They went to a high of $22.15.

This was from August 3rd to October 4th. So 1 month and those calls brought a 755% return.

A 50k investment before the correction would have turned into $427,495 ...

Again, that's just that scenario of the correction. I'm talking about a crash and a situation where the markets would break the 2008 lows. We got no where near the 2008 lows.

So like I said, to answer your question...less than 50k.
 6 years ago '10        #46
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Ed Bundy said:
50k is a lot of cash.

Traders/Investors w that kind of money aren't the only one's allowed to trade. I started out w $200 bucks and now I'm currently trading with over $5k. You cannot lose money if you know what you're looking for.
 6 years ago '10        #47
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
Good stuff (information).

Last edited by kennboy1; 10-29-2011 at 03:27 PM..
 10-29-2011, 06:53 PM         #48
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
lol ..well first of all, you don't HAVE to do anything. you don't have to buy anything if you don't have the money. you don't have have to buy anything if you DO have the money ..i simply made this thread so people can be aware.

and 40ozHenny asked how much would it take to make a million...i said less than 50k. that may be a lot of money to you, but it's not a lot if you're looking at a 1 mil return. besides, who said you have to make a million bucks? you can put in 10k or 20k ...or as little as 500 bucks.

and a risky investment? no not really, not on options that expire over a year from now. there's a ton of time value on them.

also, what kind of investment did you think could make you a million bucks? lol at thinking 50k is a lot ...this isn't the lotto. you're not going to make a million dollars on a $1 lotto ticket
so lets say im willing to play with 3 or 4 grand ...what is your personal suggestion and opinion on what i should invest in with that money (shorts?) and what what kind of returns using $3-4k could i expect to see?
 10-29-2011, 07:16 PM         #49
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice post...now is a good time to take a position on euromarket interest rate futures with the illusionary safety package they just threw out.

You would have to be more specific with quarters, or time periods to cash in on a crash. We know these things happen perpetually, but when? What are you thinking? Have you noticed a similar pattern from the 07-09, 1987, 2000, etc crash?

With the volatility of the markets now though, triple digit returns can be made daily, there are multiple crashes and uprisings in all types of markets - DAILY. I'm with you on the amount you need to make $1mill. 50k-100k is just right for trading, you can control with leverage about $300k-$500k. I have to read the rest of the discussion so I can add on. good sh*t..

On a side note, investing is outdated, this is str8 trading.

Last edited by ahenson; 10-29-2011 at 07:19 PM..
 10-29-2011, 07:20 PM         #50
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iNsane said:
50k is a lot of cash.

Traders/Investors w that kind of money aren't the only one's allowed to trade. I started out w $200 bucks and now I'm currently trading with over $5k. You cannot lose money if you know what you're looking for.
True sh*t, a stop loss does the job as well.
 6 years ago '08        #51
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:
so lets say im willing to play with 3 or 4 grand ...what is your personal suggestion and opinion on what i should invest in with that money (shorts?) and what what kind of returns using $3-4k could i expect to see?
Returns are percentage based. Whether you're putting in 3-4k or 50k it's going to be the same ROI.

If you turn 50k into a mil then that's 20x return. So if you put in 4k time 20 = 80k

If you're asking about how much you could potentially make if we do fall below the 2008 lows..It'll be a lot higher than a 2,000% gain IMO. I'm a.ssuming you'd be looking at up to a 10,000% gain.
 6 years ago '08        #52
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 ahenson said:
Nice post...now is a good time to take a position on euromarket interest rate futures with the illusionary safety package they just threw out.

You would have to be more specific with quarters, or time periods to cash in on a crash. We know these things happen perpetually, but when? What are you thinking? Have you noticed a similar pattern from the 07-09, 1987, 2000, etc crash?

With the volatility of the markets now though, triple digit returns can be made daily, there are multiple crashes and uprisings in all types of markets - DAILY. I'm with you on the amount you need to make $1mill. 50k-100k is just right for trading, you can control with leverage about $300k-$500k. I have to read the rest of the discussion so I can add on. good sh*t..

On a side note, investing is outdated, this is str8 trading.
Well the crash will take time over probably a 6-12 month period IMO. I believe the top is near around 1300 S&P. I'm thinking we start to sell off near December, in about a month or so. And we'll break our 2011 lows in early 2012, January possibly ...and then the crash will take place over the next 8 months or so.

Of course this is just guess work at this point, I'd have to continually re-evaluate as we go depending on how fast and hard the sell off is.
 6 years ago '08        #53
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 J-Schmoove said:
This is pretty much why I have been slowly taking my money out of the stock market and getting into other investment avenues. Bought a house that needed some work done to it, put the $$ and work in and rented it out. I still have my etrade account and I update it regularly but I'm getting into different things.
Problem is if we do crash the housing market is going to be fu*ked worse than it is now too.
 6 years ago '08        #54
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 J-Schmoove said:
Agreed, but the houses I'm buying are all dirt cheap cash buys anyways. There will never be a shortage of renters, worst case I will section 8 it. If the housing market tanks again that will put more houses in my price range and give me opportunities I didn't have before.

I plan on renting them out for years so I'm in it for the long term.
 6 years ago '08        #55
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
The more I look at the S&P daily/weekly charts it looks like the top should be around 1320 S&P. Should reach it sometime in December. But if we get to 1315-1320 I'll start going for those LEAPS.
 6 years ago '08        #56
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
Wow MF Global filed for bankruptcy today, just like Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy in 2008 before the crash.

This similarities not only in the charts but the economic events is almost identical...it's kinda scary actually.
 10-31-2011, 02:56 PM         #57
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so quick..tell us what to do!!!
 6 years ago '04        #58
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Ed Bundy said:
Go make money so you have the ability to buy cheap whenever the recovery happens if it does indeed crash again
 6 years ago '08        #59
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:
I thought I already did on the whole 1st page

hockeythug said:
Go make money so you have the ability to buy cheap whenever the recovery happens if it does indeed crash again
and this.
 11-01-2011, 08:23 AM         #60
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
I thought I already did on the whole 1st page

and this.
ok...so basically when (and if) it crashes, the prices will go low..and thats when i should take a couple grand (4 or 5) and buy stocks at dirt cheap prices and watch them gradually go up again over time?

sounds easy...but how will i know which ones to buy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
341 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy