A Stock Market Crash is coming!

most viewed right now
 164
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
27 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 104
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 78
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 66
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
9 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #241
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
In SPY 125x weekly puts at .99 ..markets are looking weak. Should break 1250 S&P
 6 years ago '08        #242
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 o7media said:
In SPY 125x weekly puts at .99 ..markets are looking weak. Should break 1250 S&P
Sold at 1.11 .. they were decaying way too fast. Got out with a small 12% profit. Oh well.
 6 years ago '08        #243
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 o7media said:
Sold at 1.11 .. they were decaying way too fast. Got out with a small 12% profit. Oh well.
Wow and the bad exits continue. They're at 1.35 now
 6 years ago '10        #244
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Time decay wouldn't matter if SPY is going your way right?
 6 years ago '08        #245
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 iNsane said:
Time decay wouldn't matter if SPY is going your way right?
It still matters, unless your options have pure intrinsic value. There's a time value a.ssociated with them.

Since there's only a day left til those expire they decay pretty fast.
 6 years ago '10        #246
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 o7media said:
It still matters, unless your options have pure intrinsic value. There's a time value a.ssociated with them.

Since there's only a day left til those expire they decay pretty fast.
If you had bought in the money contracts though than you're fine? You'd be paying higher premium though huh
 6 years ago '08        #247
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 iNsane said:
If you had bought in the money contracts though than you're fine? You'd be paying higher premium though huh
ITM options have time value too, but less. So less there's less decay. If you go deep enough ITM then there may be no time value at all.

But yeah higher premiums and also less volatility on those since they're safer.
 6 years ago '10        #248
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 o7media said:
ITM options have time value too, but less. So less there's less decay. If you go deep enough ITM then there may be no time value at all.

But yeah higher premiums and also less volatility on those since they're safer.
Do we want volatility on our side? I never really understood true meaning and the use of it really
 6 years ago '08        #249
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 iNsane said:
Do we want volatility on our side? I never really understood true meaning and the use of it really
Depends, volatility can be your friend or enemy.

More volatility = faster gains... but faster losses too.
 6 years ago '08        #250
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
Had JNPR December 20x puts this morning at .46. Just sold at .74 for a 60% gain.

Holding LLY 39x puts at .51 now ..hoping to get a small profit out of those before eod.
 6 years ago '08        #251
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
In EBAY 31x December calls at .84

Small gamble here, only 7 contracts since there's lots of resistance. But it's breaking some nice resistance levels.
 6 years ago '08        #252
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 o7media said:
In EBAY 31x December calls at .84

Small gamble here, only 7 contracts since there's lots of resistance. But it's breaking some nice resistance levels.
Sold at .95 +13%
 6 years ago '08        #253
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 o7media said:
Had JNPR December 20x puts this morning at .46. Just sold at .74 for a 60% gain.

Holding LLY 39x puts at .51 now ..hoping to get a small profit out of those before eod.
Sold my LLY puts at .57 +11%

Up $736 for the day. All cash overnight.
 6 years ago '08        #254
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
+12% on my SPY puts today ...sold wayyyy too early. Ended up going up almost 100%
+60% on my JNPR puts
+13% on EBAY calls
+11% on LLY puts ..sold a little early on this too. Ended up having about a 25% gain.
 6 years ago '10        #255
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Good plays dude
 6 years ago '08        #256
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 iNsane said:
Good plays dude
thanks
 6 years ago '10        #257
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 o7media said:
thanks
I have cash tied up right now. But what's the minimum you think I'll need to make a good amount of profit? Let's say, $200-$300? I had a lot of cash that I've lost but my only issue is finding a good stock to play. Especially in these markets.
 6 years ago '08        #258
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 iNsane said:
I have cash tied up right now. But what's the minimum you think I'll need to make a good amount of profit? Let's say, $200-$300? I had a lot of cash that I've lost but my only issue is finding a good stock to play. Especially in these markets.
For trading options or stock?

With options you won't need a whole lot. Lately because of the market uncertainty I've been trying to keep my position sizes to 1k max. So far in December, it's been about a week, I'm up about $2,500 on about 10 different positions. And the markets have been relatively flat.

So really I've invested about 10k in the last week, but it's not all at once obviously.

If you're aiming at $200 - $300 profit (per day I'm a.ssuming) then you'll probably only need 1-2k to trade with.

But of course it depends on accuracy too. You have to account for losses. And that's for options, if you're looking to trade stock (small/mid/large caps) then you'll need much more to earn $200 - $300 a day since the gains on stock are much smaller.
 6 years ago '10        #259
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 o7media said:
For trading options or stock?

With options you won't need a whole lot. Lately because of the market uncertainty I've been trying to keep my position sizes to 1k max. So far in December, it's been about a week, I'm up about $2,500 on about 10 different positions. And the markets have been relatively flat.

So really I've invested about 10k in the last week, but it's not all at once obviously.

If you're aiming at $200 - $300 profit (per day I'm a.ssuming) then you'll probably only need 1-2k to trade with.

But of course it depends on accuracy too. You have to account for losses. And that's for options, if you're looking to trade stock (small/mid/large caps) then you'll need much more to earn $200 - $300 a day since the gains on stock are much smaller.
Per day (or trade) however you wanna put it. I played RIMM a while back with $200 bucks and came out with $300 profitIt tanked 3% though and chances of that happening again are slim unless I find another stock and/or market tanks 300-400 points. What's the minimum one can trade options with? I had over 3k but you know how markets like to PMS now and then.
 6 years ago '08        #260
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,278 | Props total: 8679 8679
 iNsane said:
Per day (or trade) however you wanna put it. I played RIMM a while back with $200 bucks and came out with $300 profitIt tanked 3% though and chances of that happening again are slim unless I find another stock and/or market tanks 300-400 points. What's the minimum one can trade options with? I had over 3k but you know how markets like to PMS now and then.
If you're doing per trade, then i'd say at least 1k per trade and you can aim for a 20-30% gain minus fees.

The RIMM play, well that's a 150% gain which you can't expect every day. With a $200 investment you won't make much on a regular basis if anything after fees.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 52
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy