Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #181
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,977 | Props total: 10637 10637
Investopedia.com is prob the best

stockcharts.com have a few things too
 6 years ago '08        #182
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
$30,229 | Props total: 8646 8646
 iNsane said:
Which site did you learn all your technical analysis from?
 philly337 said:
Investopedia.com is prob the best

stockcharts.com have a few things too

Not sure if investopedia has TA stuff on it, although it's a good site.

Honestly don't remember where I learned my TA from. Been a couple years, I'm sure they're from different websites, probably some youtube videos too.

But, I use Finviz.com for trend lines.. just to get a quick glimpse to see pivots then I draw my own lines on my charts because Finviz isn't always accurate.

Things I can recommend you research are:

- Trend Lines and trends itself
- Candlesticks and Japanese candlestick patterns
- Volume/Price action

6 years ago '06        #183
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
Yes it has TA on there...what each indicator does and how to use them ect...just have to do a lot of reading and practicing to see what works best for you
 6 years ago '08        #184
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
Yes it has TA on there...what each indicator does and how to use them ect...just have to do a lot of reading and practicing to see what works best for you
Oh, I haven't been on there in a long time so I don't remember.
 6 years ago '10        #185
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 o7media said:
Not sure if investopedia has TA stuff on it, although it's a good site.

Honestly don't remember where I learned my TA from. Been a couple years, I'm sure they're from different websites, probably some youtube videos too.

But, I use Finviz.com for trend lines.. just to get a quick glimpse to see pivots then I draw my own lines on my charts because Finviz isn't always accurate.

Things I can recommend you research are:

- Trend Lines and trends itself
- Candlesticks and Japanese candlestick patterns
- Volume/Price action

I've learned everything about candlesticks. Thanks for the recommendations
 6 years ago '08        #186
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 iNsane said:
I've learned everything about candlesticks. Thanks for the recommendations
No prob, also a big one to learn, and probably the most important in this market is money flow. And that goes hand in hand with volume and price action. Understanding the difference between true buying and short covering is huge. It plays a big role in realizing when something is a trap (bull trap/bear trap) or it's legit buying/selling and the markets will continue to sell off or rally.
 6 years ago '10        #187
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 o7media said:
No prob, also a big one to learn, and probably the most important in this market is money flow. And that goes hand in hand with volume and price action. Understanding the difference between true buying and short covering is huge. It plays a big role in realizing when something is a trap (bull trap/bear trap) or it's legit buying/selling and the markets will continue to sell off or rally.
Such as the Money Flow Index indicator? Also, how do you feel about Accumulation/Distribution and On Balance Volume indicators?
 6 years ago '08        #188
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 iNsane said:
Such as the Money Flow Index indicator? Also, how do you feel about Accumulation/Distribution and On Balance Volume indicators?
No I don't mean those indicators specifically. I personally don't use any of those.

What I meant was watching which sectors are doing good and bad, watching market leaders, etc...

For example, yesterday I saw miners (gold stocks) breaking support. There were quite a few, off the top of my head I remember ABX, GG, AUY, and a few more. And they were all breaking down at the same time, yet Gold and the markets weren't following.

I'd take a screenshot of my scanner to show you what I mean, but Etrade is doing maintenance right now or something so it's not working. But here's the GLD chart...

I bought the GLD puts right after I saw all those miners breaking support, at around 10:30 EST.

[pic - click to view]

..I tried to buy more at .28 but only 1 filled and Gold dropped fast

But anyway, here's the GLD chart, you can see what happened after the miners were breaking support, and the same happened with the markets..

Pretty much was the top in GLD for the day, it was down from there on out.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by o7media; 12-03-2011 at 01:30 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #189
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
o7
I'm confused as fu*k. Yea and I'm still reading.
Like my fourth time now re-reading "RSO"
I got TAforDummies too. Just dragging, it's like reading a stereo manual.
SMH
 6 years ago '04        #190
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,824 | Props total: 2286 2286
ok i was just about to post in this section on where can i learn some stuff about the stock market bc i wanna invest but idk where to even start to learn about what im lookin at? and what to invest in
 6 years ago '08        #191
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 murdahudawg said:
o7
I'm confused as fu*k. Yea and I'm still reading.
Like my fourth time now re-reading "RSO"
I got TAforDummies too. Just dragging, it's like reading a stereo manual.
SMH

Not sure what RSO is? I never read the TA for dummies either, never really read any books. I'd suggest checking out some videos instead as it can be confusing if you're new to the concepts.

dblock187s said:
ok i was just about to post in this section on where can i learn some stuff about the stock market bc i wanna invest but idk where to even start to learn about what im lookin at? and what to invest in
To start check out ...check out youtube for videos, and just google if you have any questions. Plenty of stuff online to learn it.
 6 years ago '04        #192
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
If you ever got some free time and can break down that chart using one of your recent transactions as an example I'd appreciate it.
I can use that along with my books to get a better grasp.
Hopefully you can use paint or photoshop to highlight things...

just askin homie.
 6 years ago '04        #193
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
rem.of a stock operator.
Doesn't really apply to nothing tho.
Wiley publications
 6 years ago '06        #194
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 o7media said:

Not sure what RSO is? I never read the TA for dummies either, never really read any books. I'd suggest checking out some videos instead as it can be confusing if you're new to the concepts.

To start check out ...check out youtube for videos, and just google if you have any questions. Plenty of stuff online to learn it.
Maybe he meant rsi?
 6 years ago '08        #195
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 murdahudawg said:
If you ever got some free time and can break down that chart using one of your recent transactions as an example I'd appreciate it.

just askin homie.
Well that's a 1 min chart, and it's not really relevant to why I made the trade. I was just showing what happened to GLD after I bought the puts.

But here is a 100 day chart of GLD. I'm not really sure what you want me to break down but I can show you what I see on the chart here. If you have any questions feel free to ask...

[pic - click to view]

The 4 arrows I drew on the left are the 4 moving averages that I have on the chart (20 day, 50 day, 100 day, 200 day). Moving averages act as support and resistance.

The 2 arrows I have on the right which are pointing to the 2 purple/pink lines that I drew are called trend lines. Trend lines also act as support and resistance and provide a trading range/trend that the stock is in.

That particular formation of the 2 trend lines is a wedge pattern (because they are forming a wedge). As you can see every time the candles hit the upper line it pulls back and vice versa on the support line.

These trends are meant to be broken sooner or later, as it keeps going the wedge will continue to get smaller and smaller until it breaks out one way. In order for it to breakout it will have to close above or below one of the trend lines. If it closes above the upper trend line then GLD will breakout higher, if it closes below the lower trend line then the price will fall.

It works the same way with moving averages as well. They act as support and resistance so if it closes above one it's bullish and if it closes below one it's bearish.

Also, there is more support and resistance on this chart, but it's not drawn. Candlesticks create support and resistance. For example if you look at the chart I posted there is a top around early November at about $174-$175. So GLD is currently at the trend line resistance trading at $169.82. If it does breakout then it will face more resistance at $174-$175

Last edited by o7media; 12-03-2011 at 09:08 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #196
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 murdahudawg said:

just askin homie.
Maybe o7 will but kind of time consuming...never read any book but just read in the education section on investopedia and learn the basics. The first thing you should learn is trend lines. These will show you support and resistance...

Basically support is the low area a stock should go (should bounce off support and go up). Resistance is the exact opposite its basically a wall or high a stock should go to and bounce down. If they break through these trend lines they should continue in that direction and now what was support becomes resistance (or vice versa)

There are other indicators you use to confirm moves but Def learn these first

Edit: looks like o7 already answered my bad if I made it confusing

Last edited by philly337; 12-03-2011 at 09:12 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #197
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
Maybe he meant rsi?
Yeah that's what I thought too, but he was referring to rem.of a stock operator according to his last post.
 6 years ago '08        #198
o7media 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
Maybe o7 will but kind of time consuming...never read any book but just read in the education section and learn the basics. The first thing you should learn is trend lines. These will show you support and resistance...

Basically support is the low area a stock should go (should bounce off support and go up). Resistance is the exact opposite its basically a wall out high a sick should go to and bounce down. If they break through these trend lines the should continue in that direction and now what was support becomes resistance (or vice versa)

There are other indicators you use to confirm moves but Def learn these first
I just posted some basics on the GLD chart (daily).

Here's a more complex one if he wants to try and figure this out

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #199
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 o7media said:
I just posted some basics on the GLD chart (daily).

Here's a more complex one if he wants to try and figure this out

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #200
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
Here's an easy one to see how it hits a wall at support/resistance and once it breaks through it continues and then support becomes resistance. Shortly after I posted this it broke the trend line again and continued to fall to low 66's

philly337 said:
You just have to read and learn about indicators and trend lines and what everything does...then practice. But here is a pic of the Russell 2000. That line acts a support and resistance ...you see before end of oct it acted as resistance and anytime it got to the line it went back down. Then it finally broke and now acts as support do when it gets to this line it bounces back up. Now I think we break the line soon and when we do a drop below it but yesterday it didn't do it looks like a bounce coming (along with some other indicators)

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy