Eddie Murphy in Rolling Stone: “I’m quitting family movies” | In Case You Didn't Know

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
164 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
24 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
6376 pageviews
55 comments

menaceAbn 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,724 | Props total: 7 7
Eddie Murphy in Rolling Stone: “I’m quitting family movies” | In Case You Didn't Know

sorry if repost

[pic - click to view]

‎"Murphy addresses reports that he stormed out of the Oscars after losing the best supporting actor award.
“What happened was after I lost, I’m just chilling, and I was sitting next to Beyoncé’s pops, and he leans over and grabs me and is like, [solemn voice] ‘There will be other times.’ And then you feel Spielberg on your shoulder going, ‘It’s all right, man.’ Then Clint Eastwood walks by: ‘Hey, guy...’ So I was like, ‘It’s not going to be this night!’ [Mimes getting up] I didn’t have sour grapes at all. That’s another reason I wanted to host the show – to show them that I’m down with it.”

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by menaceAbn; 10-27-2011 at 11:34 AM..

55 comments for "Eddie Murphy in Rolling Stone: “I’m quitting family movies” | In Case You Didn't Know"

10-27-2011, 11:38 AM         #2
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
need to quit transporting those trannies
 6 years ago '05        #3
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
eddie will always be that dude...i still laugh at his silly a.ss an that dumb a.ss voice he be doing. Still waiting for that new stand up eddie:cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '04        #4
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 poeknock said:
eddie will always be that dude...i still laugh at his silly a.ss an that dumb a.ss voice he be doing. Still waiting for that new stand up eddie:cool-smiley-009:
If he ever does another stand up that would be fu*king awesome.
 6 years ago '07        #5
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16130 16130
I know you eddie...you mistah funny man
 6 years ago '06        #6
SM 38176 heat pts38176
space
space
$127,937 | Props total: 67389 67389
so where does he say “I’m quitting family movies”?
 6 years ago '04        #7
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 SM said:
so where does he say “I’m quitting family movies”?
Other highlights from the story:

Murphy says that his days of making family movies may be over. "I don't have any interest in that right now," he says. "There's really no blueprint, but I'm trying to do some edgy stuff. And I only want to do what I really want to do, otherwise I'm content to sit here and play my guitar all day. I always tell people now that I'm a semi-retired gentleman of leisure, and occasionally I'll go do some work to break the boredom up."

• Murphy has decided not to make Beverly Hills Cop IV. "They're not doing it," he says. "What I'm trying to do now is produce a TV show starring Axel Foley's son, and Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit. I'd do the pilot, show up here and there. None of the movie scripts were right; it was trying to force the premise. If you have to force something, you shouldn't be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong."

• Unlike other Saturday Night Live alumni, Murphy has refused to participate in retrospectives and hasn't been on the show in years – but he's gotten over his grudge. "They were sh*tty to me on Saturday Night Live a couple of times after I'd left the show," he says. "They said some sh*tty things. There was that David Spade sketch [when Spade showed a picture of Murphy around the time of Vampire In Brooklyn and said, 'Look, children, a falling star']. I made a stink about it, it became part of the folklore. What really irritated me about it at the time was that it was a career shot.. I felt sh*tty about it for years, but now, I don't have none of that."

• Murphy hasn't performed stand-up since the late 1980s, but recently, he's given some thought to trying again. "If I ever get back onstage, I'm going to have a really great show for you all," he says. "An hour and a half of stand-up and about 40 minutes of my sh*tty band... But I haven't done it since I was 27, so why fu*k with it? But that's just weighing both sides. It comes up too much for me to not do it again. It's like, when it hits me, I'll do it, eventually."

• Murphy addresses reports that he stormed out of the Oscars after losing the best supporting actor award to Alan Arkin. "Alan Arkin's performance in Little Miss Sunshine is Oscar-worthy, it's a great performance. That's just the way the sh*t went. He's been gigging for years and years, the guy's in his seventies. I totally understood and was totally cool. I wasn't like, 'What the fu*k?' Afterward, people were like, "He's upset," and I'm like, "I wasn't upset!" What happened was after I lost, I'm just chilling, and I was sitting next to Beyoncé's pops, and he leans over and grabs me and is like, [solemn voice] 'There will be other times.' And then you feel Spielberg on your shoulder going, 'It's all right, man.' Then Clint Eastwood walks by: 'Hey, guy... ' So I was like, 'It's not going to be this night!' [Mimes getting up] I didn't have sour grapes at all. That's another reason I wanted to host the show – to show them that I'm down with it."

Read more:
 6 years ago '04        #8
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
I still don't see that exact quote, but I only skimmed through it.
 6 years ago '07        #9
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134
eddie must truly be a rich a.ss n*gga. you never hear stories of him being broke.

n*gga gotta pay child support for like 5-6 kids and you never hear about him having financial problems.
 6 years ago '06        #10
SM 38176 heat pts38176
space
space
$127,937 | Props total: 67389 67389
 Bedewe22 said:
I still don't see that exact quote, but I only skimmed through it.
now what you posted says it but this thread is worthless
 6 years ago '09        #11
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
he said hes not doing "family movies" anymore, and wants to do edgier stuff again.
 10-27-2011, 05:52 PM         #12
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SM said:
now what you posted says it but this thread is worthless
it really is
 6 years ago '10        #13
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,602 | Props total: 2282 2282
thank god.
 6 years ago '08        #14
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23326 23326
SWEET BABY JESUS
 6 years ago '07        #15
DIPSET101 28 heat pts28
space
space
$9,860 | Props total: 8817 8817
"you're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe"
 6 years ago '04        #16
turntabledj 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,569 | Props total: 69 69
thats a strong a.ss hand he got there... must use that one when he beating off them trannies - wit his bored a.ss
 6 years ago '06        #17
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,677 | Props total: 8627 8627
him and martin need to do another film with all the popular black comedies again.

I feel like black comedy has died.
 6 years ago '05        #18
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
About motherf*cking time.

Eddie Murphy may have found his soul again.
 6 years ago '05        #19
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Eddie Murphy needs to stick to either family movies or being the edgy funny guy. I thought Norbit was funny but critics hated it because they were expecting wholesome Daddy Day Care Eddie. Instead he made an edgy black comedy.
 6 years ago '08        #20
ingtoo! 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 2 2
We need Raw!
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
53 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy