The Top 10 Highest-Paying Jobs Requiring a Two Year Degree

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
79 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
135 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1963 1963
 illicitx said:
First of all, any legitimate position in the computer industry requires a bachelor's or master's degree to see progression to the point where your salary will hit six figures.

In regards to RN's, definitely need more than 2 years of schooling. Definitely worth it to invest a bit more and get the bachelor degree (BSN) in nursing. This will allow you to move up to management and leadership positions.

On the real though, I've considered becoming an RN based on the fact that 80% of gender in your class will probably be female for nursing specific courses. In addition, in the workforce, you gonna be surrounded by many, many females There debt to pay ratio out of college is also excellent, plus, hospitals tend to give some of the most generous benefits (tuition reimbursement, cost of living increases, guaranteed raises, etc...)

One of my friends works 12 hours a day 3 days a week...clocks in 36 hours and gets paid for 40. Makes $70,000 a year plus crazy benefits.

Could any of you n*ggaz become an RN for real?
damn, i really dont know what to do. im planning on transfering to another 2 year school that offers nursing & so far i have nursing and criminal justice (one or the other) as a choice for my major.
 6 years ago '04        #22
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
wtf??? I have a B.S. in agribusiness and I don't make half of what these medians are!!!! I fu*ked up!
 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM         #23
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW! Didn't know that

Finishing my double major in Mathematics and Economics.

Definitely going to be an Investment Banker but I hear analyst jobs pay very well as well. I
Hamelekh1 gave props

6 years ago '04        #24
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
Yeah alot of RN's are coming out the woodwork.

And the nurse at my school tend to be
 6 years ago '04        #25
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
most underrated job is sales... upside potential endless, downside potential whatever you put in

NO SCHOOLING NEEDED

therefore the opp cost of being in sales far outweighs any other field

add to the fact that sales are the most important division in any company...

its a win win win win winnner
 6 years ago '07        #26
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 kennboy1 said:

[pic - click to view]

–Median Income – $68,250/yr
–Can earn up to $93,820/yr
–Job increases by 2018 – 59,480
–Requirements: a.ssociates Degree
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
That's my sh*t. About to be done at the end of the summer. Probably the best 2-year degree you can get in my opinion. The schooling is a b*tch though! Better be on top of your studies at all times. All that partying and hangin out can wait.
 11-13-2011, 02:11 AM         #27
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Special Police Officer in Washington, DC $46,000 (that's just security)
Police Officer Recruit in Alexandria, VA $59,000
Metro Police in Washington, DC $61,000
Security Manager in Washington, DC $86,000
 6 years ago '06        #28
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,892 | Props total: 25681 25681
Good luck to you all!!
 6 years ago '06        #29
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
how about business?

im majoring in business administration and possibly minor in marketing or communication. havent looked into it yet

im planning to become a product manager for att or verizon. something along those lines. work my way up.

i figured since im majoring in business i could get into any type of business

anyone in the same situation? if so any tips? advice?
 6 years ago '04        #30
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,673 | Props total: 6809 6809
 F.White said:
in school right now for computer tech bout r*pe these cats who don't know ish bout pc's
Tech Support is peon IT work ---- you're not gonna r*pe anything. I've been doing Desktop Support for going on 4 years & Help Desk 1.5 years before that. About to graduate in Feb with a BS in IT Management & work on getting certifications --- this is the road to r*pe.

Toss said:
i thought you have to go to school longer then two years to become an rn and fashion designers are hit or miss
There are 2-year RN programs. Also what city/area are these numbers based off is another question? My friend graduated as an RN w/ an a.ssociate's about 3 years ago and started off making $21/hr on night shift (higher rate), which is around $43K a year. Which is pretty well around here where I live, COL isn't high.

illicitx said:
First of all, any legitimate position in the computer industry requires a bachelor's or master's degree to see progression to the point where your salary will hit six figures.

In regards to RN's, definitely need more than 2 years of schooling. Definitely worth it to invest a bit more and get the bachelor degree (BSN) in nursing. This will allow you to move up to management and leadership positions.
This
 6 years ago '04        #31
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,123 | Props total: 4515 4515
my cuz been a rn since like 24...she 38 getting that paper...plus has some other degrees in nursing.

fashion designer? u mite as well own ur own company.

the easiest of em all is the dental hygienist...my girl works 3 days a wk part time getting 32/hr

also ive never seen a male hygienist...its like dentist only hire females

Last edited by PrisonRules; 12-03-2011 at 11:12 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #32
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,123 | Props total: 4515 4515
 illicitx said:
false...i have two friends who make 6 figs with no schooling. one is a cisco networking and the other is a pearl programmer. the cisco just started taking cerifications about 3 years ago...been doing it for 10 years.

i know several ppl when I used to be an IT account exec (i had no IT schooling) that made nice money w/o schooling.

In the Computer systems industry....proving your skill set will allow you to write your own ticket better than schooling.
 6 years ago '07        #33
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 2totimes said:
my cuz been a rn since like 24...she 38 getting that paper...plus has some other degrees in nursing.

fashion designer? u mite as well own ur own company.

the easiest of em all is the dental hygienist...my girl works 3 days a wk part time getting 32/hr

also ive never seen a male hygienist...its like dentist only hire females
I noticed that too
 6 years ago '08        #34
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,074 | Props total: 2280 2280
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Tech Support is peon IT work ---- you're not gonna r*pe anything. I've been doing Desktop Support for going on 4 years & Help Desk 1.5 years before that. About to graduate in Feb with a BS in IT Management & work on getting certifications --- this is the road to r*pe.
 x Tha Arkitek x said:

There are 2-year RN programs. Also what city/area are these numbers based off is another question? My friend graduated as an RN w/ an a.ssociate's about 3 years ago and started off making $21/hr on night shift (higher rate), which is around $43K a year. Which is pretty well around here where I live, COL isn't high.

This
This. But I just went to a 2 yr tech school. And got A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA & Asterisk certs while I was there. Got hired at a car dealership with 5 locations as a Network admin a.ssistant & started @ 43k.
 6 years ago '04        #35
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,673 | Props total: 6809 6809
 2totimes said:
false...i have two friends who make 6 figs with no schooling. one is a cisco networking and the other is a pearl programmer. the cisco just started taking cerifications about 3 years ago...been doing it for 10 years.

i know several ppl when I used to be an IT account exec (i had no IT schooling) that made nice money w/o schooling.

In the Computer systems industry....proving your skill set will allow you to write your own ticket better than schooling.
While this is true, it's not always as easy. When I was in Kuawit in '05 I worked along side systems & network admin's who all were making $6 figures plus & only one had any formal education --- usually when someone gets in roles like that its because they knew the right people or the started at the bottom and worked there way up. Other wise you're going to need formal education + experience to grab the attention of recruiters & HR
 6 years ago '04        #36
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1468 1468
 lment said:
most underrated job is sales... upside potential endless, downside potential whatever you put in

NO SCHOOLING NEEDED

therefore the opp cost of being in sales far outweighs any other field

add to the fact that sales are the most important division in any company...

its a win win win win winnner
Sales is always HIGHLY looked over. Just make sure you go in a stable setting ie (medical).

One thing about Sales is you always have a lot of potential to make money, but usually it has a time limit on it. You can't be in your upper 40s selling (unless you age really well).

But then again you could stay in sales get the experience then become a manager.
 6 years ago '07        #37
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,326 | Props total: 1111 1111
 Universal Mind said:
The girls in pics 7 and 8 are nice looking....

I would add Investment Banking analyst to that list, because they usually make a base salary of 45-60k, which could double with bonuses. But a two year degree isn't gonna cut it to get on at an Investment Bank unless you know someone on the inside.
yea I was asking one of my finance professors about this and he said it's ridiculously hard to land one of these positions
 6 years ago '05        #38
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
these aren't the top 10 highest paying jobs lol
 6 years ago '04        #39
smurfdoran 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$2,905 | Props total: 107 107
^^^^^^^^^^ with a 2 yr degree?
 12-18-2011, 12:32 PM         #40
Kushton Slater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going to school right now to be an RN (I'm going for my bachelors though)... A n*gga is about to be caked up. "Cant Wait" - Bart Scott.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy