most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
11642 pageviews
62 comments

SM 38163 heat pts38163
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67108 67108
Producer Ryan Leslie Sued For $1 Million Over Failed Laptop Reward Payment

A laptop that was stolen and eventually covered for Ryan Leslie may end up costing the producer millions in dollars.

The whole ordeal began in Germany in October of last year, when the Leslie’s laptop was stolen from his Mercedes, while he was traveling in Cologne.

The frantic producer took to Twitter and originally offered a $25,000 dollar reward for the laptop, which contained his latest productions.

According to a lawsuit filed yesterday (October 24) in New York, Armin Augstein claims that Ryan Leslie reneged on his agreement to pay the reward, which was eventually increased to $1 million.

Augstein’s lawyer told The New York Daily News that the lawsuit was the only viable means to make the producer pay.

“It’s unfortunate that my client has to go to such lengths to recover the reward,” Michael Fischman, Augstein’s U.S.-based lawyer told The New York Daily News.

Representatives for Ryan Leslie were not available for comment as of press time.

[pic - click to view]

Producer Ryan Leslie Sued For $1 Million Over Failed Laptop Reward Payment | AllHipHop.com

62 comments for "Producer Ryan Leslie Sued For $1 Million Over Failed Laptop Reward Payment"

6 years ago '04        #2
bird 
space
space
$2,855 | Props total: 11 11
ryan u should of juss payed da boy smh ... artist always be fronting
 6 years ago '07        #3
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 907 907
Mouth writing checks a.ss can't cash?
 6 years ago '06        #4
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,604 | Props total: 8833 8833
it was a mouthed reward tho, it was a scheme that worked. he wouldnt have gotten it back
 6 years ago '04        #5
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
 Special Edd said:
it was a mouthed reward tho, it was a scheme that worked. he wouldnt have gotten it back
Yep, the dude that picked up the Laptop knew it wasn't his, he shouldn't have picked it up, but Ryan should've given the dude a little something, cuz he didn't have to give it back.
 10-25-2011, 10:11 AM         #6
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People who do sh*t like this need to just die.

Your desperately looking for your sh*t with your latest productions, and someone returns it. Yet you don't reward the dude??

fu*k Ryan. Sue his a.ss
 6 years ago '06        #7
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 345 345
I would def want the million for returning it but im smart enough to realize that people will not pay for something thats already theres. Meaning why would u give him back the laptop without getting any type of money. The person should have had the money wired to his bank account or delivered to him personally. Ryan pulled a smart move and it worked. unless theres a contract signed on both parties no judge is gonna reward the person plus how u look like trying to sue someone over having possession of stolen property.
 6 years ago '04        #8
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,687 | Props total: 15454 15454
fu*kboy move on ryan leslie's part. be a man of your word.

n*ggas these days fail to deliver.. fu*king f*ggot

1 million is nothing to him, that's toilet paper money.
 6 years ago '12        #9
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
So you steal the mans sh*t then you mad bc he played you?

Guess Crime pays
 6 years ago '05        #10
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1658 1658
 refuze said:
fu*kboy move on ryan leslie's part. be a man of your word.

n*ggas these days fail to deliver.. fu*king f*ggot

1 million is nothing to him, that's toilet paper money.
For Jay-Z it's probably nothing, but for Ryan Leslie?
 6 years ago '04        #11
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
 Left Hook said:
For Jay-Z it's probably nothing, but for Ryan Leslie?
Anthony Ryan Leslie is an American record producer, multi-instrumentalist, rapper, entrepreneur, and singer; he has a net worth of $35 million. Ryan Leslie has built his net worth as founder of NextSelection Lifestyle Group, which is a media, company. He has also produced singles for a number of artists from R&B/Hip-Hop to Pop to Gospel. In addition to his producing in 2006 to record a new debut album. Leslie was born in Harlem, New York, and he attended Harvard University.
He can definitely afford it. It was a bad move on his part to even offer $1 million dollars to begin with, I would have kept it 100 grand at most.

Still, you can't be deceptive and pretend you'll give something back. I have no idea if the guy who "found" the laptop actually discovered it or if he stole it. If he did steal it, then no, he doesn't deserve the reward. But if he did find it and recover it, then Leslie should be a man of his word.

No bi*chassness
 10-25-2011, 11:17 AM         #12
nehustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude probably not gonna get a mil, but he's gonna get something for giving it back!
 6 years ago '04        #13
biggz 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,935 | Props total: 6465 6465
fu*k that n*gga that stole it....I wouldnt pay him sh*t for stealing my sh*t....hes a sucka for giving it back without getting the money up front, dumbass criminals...props to Ryan Leslie for playing dude like a sucka.....that judge is not about to rule for a known thief.
 6 years ago '05        #14
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 refuze said:
He can definitely afford it. It was a bad move on his part to even offer $1 million dollars to begin with, I would have kept it 100 grand at most.

Still, you can't be deceptive and pretend you'll give something back. I have no idea if the guy who "found" the laptop actually discovered it or if he stole it. If he did steal it, then no, he doesn't deserve the reward. But if he did find it and recover it, then Leslie should be a man of his word.

No bi*chassness
He should be a man of his word, despite how unrealistic the reward was. Why the hell would be reward someone $1m for his laptop? Because he thinks his stash in his laptop will make him more than $1m? That's crazy for a reward.

That said, I doubt the guy suing for $1m will get that much. R. Les has good lawyers, I'm sure they'll say something like $1m was always an unrealistic reward and the guy shouldn't have expected so much for it. He'd probably be remunerated like $50K max.
 6 years ago '04        #15
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,165 | Props total: 872 872
I say why put out a number...why not just say HUGE reward for returning my laptop...and then give em a TV or sum sh*t like that...by putting that number out there put him in a position where he gotta live up to his word
 6 years ago '07        #16
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16055 16055
should have told that fool..COD
 10-25-2011, 11:27 AM         #17
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly or Die said:
how the fu*k you sue somebody for reward money
Ryan Leslie's offer was a binding contract. Especially since it was made to the general public. Homeboy is gonna have to come out of pocket
 6 years ago '04        #18
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
I remember reading an article about this a while back. Didn't the guy who claimed to have it found it said he found it in a forest?

6 years ago '05        #19
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 refuze said:
I remember reading an article about this a while back. Didn't the guy who claimed to have it found it said he found it in a forest?

what the hell
 6 years ago '04        #20
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
 Left Hook said:
what the hell
The man responsible for the return is going by the name Bernd. P (name was changed for press, 52 years old), says he was going for a walk in the woods of Stommelerbusch, on November 27th, when he stumbled upon the bag. After handing the bag over to police Bernd P. began trying to contact Ryan Leslie about the reward. He has now taken the story to the press since he has had no response from his emails to Ryan, or his tour manager. However, he did wish for his name to be changed, to remain anonymous in the case he does receive a reward for Ryan’s stolen property.
Glad this isn't my problem though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy