Is it me or is Drake trying to eschew away from Lil Wayne?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
8887 pageviews
94 comments

Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,068 | Props total: 2552 2552
Is it me or is Drake trying to eschew away from Lil Wayne?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

If your familiar with his early work like Room For Improvement, Comeback Season, and his EP So Far Gone. Then you can see the difference from his work then and his work now. In almost every song that Drake did he always have his Labelmate and Boss Lil Wayne on most of his tracks. I guess that is how you get famous nowadays by having BIG Mainstream rappers on your songs. But now since he has the money, money and the cars, car and the clothes, YES, even the hoes, Hi Nicki, we suppose Drake is trying to break away from being under Wayne. You see he has his own thing called OVO that is known to be OVOXO with singer The Weeknd, most people see this to be grow into a label and group between: Noah “40” Shebib, The Weeknd, and Drake. Is this a good move for Drake? Could this possibly spark tension between Young Money label-mates Wayne and Drake, and could also lower the chemistry on the whole YMCMB Crew.

My Opinion.
Take Care in stores November 15, 2011

94 comments for "Is it me or is Drake trying to eschew away from Lil Wayne?"

6 years ago '06        #2
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
drake and wayne promote each other.

they dont do alot of features of each other album wise.

they might do alot of features together on somebody else track.

most rappers that go mainstream switch up their music a little bit or completely different.

drake always had his own lane and he would of blew up regardless if he wasn't on YM.

he got more exposure because of wayne.

drake is sign to YM/CMB which is the same thing so he just created his movement with in a major label.

doesn't mean they are falling apart.

he might just start signing his own artists which im sure he wants YM to have nothing to do with.
 10-23-2011, 05:18 PM         #3
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Truth23 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

If your familiar with his early work like Room For Improvement, Comeback Season, and his EP So Far Gone. Then you can see the difference from his work then and his work now. In almost every song that Drake did he always have his Labelmate and Boss Lil Wayne on most of his tracks. I guess that is how you get famous nowadays by having BIG Mainstream rappers on your songs. But now since he has the money, money and the cars, car and the clothes, YES, even the hoes, Hi Nicki, we suppose Drake is trying to break away from being under Wayne. You see he has his own thing called OVO that is known to be OVOXO with singer The Weeknd, most people see this to be grow into a label and group between: Noah “40” Shebib, The Weeknd, and Drake. Is this a good move for Drake? Could this possibly spark tension between Young Money label-mates Wayne and Drake, and could also lower the chemistry on the whole YMCMB Crew.

My Opinion.
Take Care in stores November 15, 2011

[pic - click to view]

10-23-2011, 05:18 PM         #4
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great move for Drake if u talmbout havin his own imprint. shows that he see da bigger picture just like Rauce do & is now expandin his horizons bidness wise. and just like Rauce he got 3 of da biggest dudes n/h in his corner. Birdman, Jay and Diddy so put all that knowledge to use

do it mean he sh*ttin on Weezy or YM? naw, hell naw... Nicki finna do her own imprint too under CMB in da next few years cuz da hoe awready done spoke on it. even Tyga p!ss colored a.ss talmbout he got him an artist some chinese bi*ch who rap. Weezy got d!ckhead ways like alotta superstars but dont seem like it lean towards stoppin n*ggas on his label from gittin money & expandin they brand
 6 years ago '11        #5
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91 OP
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:

most rappers that go mainstream switch up their music a little bit or completely different.

drake always had his own lane and he would of blew up regardless if he wasn't on YM.

drake is sign to YM/CMB which is the same thing so he just created his movement with in a major label.

he might just start signing his own artists which im sure he wants YM to have nothing to do with.
I see what you saying there, but I could see him do his own thing (without YMCMB) with The Weeknd, and 40. I just want him to leave Thank Me Later is all he owed to them.. now he can leave .
 6 years ago '11        #6
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3

[pic - click to view]

10-23-2011, 05:23 PM         #7
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh yea mayne just to add on this aint nothin new. Beans had State Property but wuz still da Roc. a n*gga like Fif wuz good wit Buck havin his imprint G Unit South to run as he pleased. but Buck wuz too immature and needed a n*gga to hold his hand. Game wuz also gonna have Black Wallstreet connected to G Unit just like what Drake doin wit CMB but yall awready know what happened

just good bidness mayne
 6 years ago '11        #8
space
space
He could pull of the same thing that Kanye did. Good Music.......OVO (XO)
 6 years ago '11        #9
space
space
To yall niccas who said "didnt read" yall got time to find a gif with didnt read on it but didnt have a time to read a f!!!! paragraph shame.... this thread wasnt directly made for yall... i could give two f!cks for what yall have to say....
 10-23-2011, 05:31 PM         #10
deeps3t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake isnt going anywhere, and at the end of the day he doesnt want to leave, and more likely than not he doesnt have what it takes to be a boss.
 6 years ago '09        #11
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,700 | Props total: 13246 13246
 marcusaka50 said:

This. Drake was destined to be hot regardless of weezy. He was gonna get his status with or without. Its just in this case he did and it was a smart move if you ask me. Got one of the hottest in the game promoting him shiet he got it fu*kin made.
 6 years ago '11        #12
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3
 Da Truth23 said:
To yall niccas who said "didnt read" yall got time to find a gif with didnt read on it but didnt have a time to read a f!!!! paragraph shame.... this thread wasnt directly made for yall... i could give two f!cks for what yall have to say....

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #13
space
space
 PLK12 said:

[pic - click to view]

i saw it coming.. the exact gif too.
 10-23-2011, 05:36 PM         #14
pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

you just wanted to show everyone that you knew the word "eschew"
 6 years ago '11        #15
space
space
 Kontrast0 said:
This. Drake was destined to be hot regardless of weezy. He was gonna get his status with or without. Its just in this case he did and it was a smart move if you ask me. Got one of the hottest in the game promoting him shiet he got it fu*kin made.
If I was Drake I'd give YMCMB 2 or 3 more albums and then do my own !!! (including Take Care)

He could do something WIth Noah and the Weeknd
 6 years ago '11        #16
space
space
 pabloescobarjr said:

^This. right. I was goin to make this thread then i heard about the word "eschew" im like oh !!!, Im using it.
 6 years ago '11        #17
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,306 | Props total: 20034 20034

this n*gga soundin mad a.ss hell
 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM         #18
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pabloescobarjr said:

thats that Merriam-Webster swag breh breh

how droll
 6 years ago '06        #19
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,232 | Props total: 346 346
Lil Wayne and Baby will eventually end up making more money off Drake then any other artist in Cash Money History. Think about Cd Sales, Merchandise, Advertisement, Party's and Tour's. No matter what you say Lil Wayne held his part of the agreement when drake signed to Cash Money Records. Wayne put him out and thats something wayne does not do very often. Drake was the first artist Wayne ever was able to put out and wayne has been signing artist for years. If you pay attention to history It took over a year for Drake to sign with Wayne and lets be honest when you make it in music its only two end results. You either fall off on top or you fall off completly. Drake isnt a fool, he's seeing the money they are making off him so why not branch off and get your own label, artist and business's. Wayne and Baby are happy as fu*k, Theres a n*gga we got signed making our company money everyday and we dont even have to put up with him lol. Checks just deposit in and he not around. We send him 3-4 records and he makes them hits, we put it out and shoot a video. Its Business! Theres a reason why Jay Z and Kanye have an Album out and not Beanie Siegel or Memphis Bleek. Pay attention
 6 years ago '11        #20
space
space
 Poloboy69 said:
Lil Wayne and Baby will eventually end up making more money off Drake then any other artist in Cash Money History. Think about Cd Sales, Merchandise, Advertisement, Party's and Tour's. No matter what you say Lil Wayne held his part of the agreement when drake signed to Cash Money Records. Wayne put him out and thats something wayne does not do very often. Drake was the first artist Wayne ever was able to put out and wayne has been signing artist for years. If you pay attention to history It took over a year for Drake to sign with Wayne and lets be honest when you make it in music its only two end results. You either fall off on top or you fall off completly. Drake isnt a fool, he's seeing the money they are making off him so why not branch off and get your own label, artist and business's. Wayne and Baby are happy as fu*k, Theres a n*gga we got signed making our company money everyday and we dont even have to put up with him lol. Checks just deposit in and he not around. We send him 3-4 records and he makes them hits, we put it out and shoot a video. Its Business! Theres a reason why Jay Z and Kanye have an Album out and not Beanie Siegel or Memphis Bleek. Pay attention

This.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy