Is it me or is Drake trying to eschew away from Lil Wayne?

most viewed right now
 83
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
9 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 43
audio inside Meek Previews New Song "What Beef".. Mentions Drake
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Article inside New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
88 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '11        #1
9226 pageviews
94 comments


Da Truth23 93 heat pts93
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
Is it me or is Drake trying to eschew away from Lil Wayne?
 

 

[pic - click to view]


[pic - click to view]







If your familiar with his early work like Room For Improvement, Comeback Season, and his EP So Far Gone. Then you can see the difference from his work then and his work now. In almost every song that Drake did he always have his Labelmate and Boss Lil Wayne on most of his tracks. I guess that is how you get famous nowadays by having BIG Mainstream rappers on your songs. But now since he has the money, money and the cars, car and the clothes, YES, even the hoes, Hi Nicki, we suppose Drake is trying to break away from being under Wayne. You see he has his own thing called OVO that is known to be OVOXO with singer The Weeknd, most people see this to be grow into a label and group between: Noah “40” Shebib, The Weeknd, and Drake. Is this a good move for Drake? Could this possibly spark tension between Young Money label-mates Wayne and Drake, and could also lower the chemistry on the whole YMCMB Crew.

My Opinion.
Take Care in stores November 15, 2011

94 comments for "Is it me or is Drake trying to eschew away from Lil Wayne?"

 7 years ago '06        #2
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,100 | Props total: 11331 11331
drake and wayne promote each other.

they dont do alot of features of each other album wise.

they might do alot of features together on somebody else track.

most rappers that go mainstream switch up their music a little bit or completely different.

drake always had his own lane and he would of blew up regardless if he wasn't on YM.

he got more exposure because of wayne.

drake is sign to YM/CMB which is the same thing so he just created his movement with in a major label.

doesn't mean they are falling apart.

he might just start signing his own artists which im sure he wants YM to have nothing to do with.
 10-23-2011, 04:18 PM         #3
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Truth23 said:

[pic - click to view]


[pic - click to view]







If your familiar with his early work like Room For Improvement, Comeback Season, and his EP So Far Gone. Then you can see the difference from his work then and his work now. In almost every song that Drake did he always have his Labelmate and Boss Lil Wayne on most of his tracks. I guess that is how you get famous nowadays by having BIG Mainstream rappers on your songs. But now since he has the money, money and the cars, car and the clothes, YES, even the hoes, Hi Nicki, we suppose Drake is trying to break away from being under Wayne. You see he has his own thing called OVO that is known to be OVOXO with singer The Weeknd, most people see this to be grow into a label and group between: Noah “40” Shebib, The Weeknd, and Drake. Is this a good move for Drake? Could this possibly spark tension between Young Money label-mates Wayne and Drake, and could also lower the chemistry on the whole YMCMB Crew.

My Opinion.
Take Care in stores November 15, 2011

[pic - click to view]

 10-23-2011, 04:18 PM         #4
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great move for Drake if u talmbout havin his own imprint. shows that he see da bigger picture just like Rauce do & is now expandin his horizons bidness wise. and just like Rauce he got 3 of da biggest dudes n/h in his corner. Birdman, Jay and Diddy so put all that knowledge to use


do it mean he sh*ttin on Weezy or YM? naw, hell naw... Nicki finna do her own imprint too under CMB in da next few years cuz da hoe awready done spoke on it. even Tyga p!ss colored a.ss talmbout he got him an artist some chinese bi*ch who rap. Weezy got d!ckhead ways like alotta superstars but dont seem like it lean towards stoppin n*ggas on his label from gittin money & expandin they brand
 7 years ago '11        #5
Da Truth23 93 heat pts93 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
 marcusaka50 said:
drake and wayne promote each other.

they dont do alot of features of each other album wise.

they might do alot of features together on somebody else track.

most rappers that go mainstream switch up their music a little bit or completely different.

drake always had his own lane and he would of blew up regardless if he wasn't on YM.

he got more exposure because of wayne.

drake is sign to YM/CMB which is the same thing so he just created his movement with in a major label.

doesn't mean they are falling apart.

he might just start signing his own artists which im sure he wants YM to have nothing to do with.
I see what you saying there, but I could see him do his own thing (without YMCMB) with The Weeknd, and 40. I just want him to leave Thank Me Later is all he owed to them.. now he can leave .
 7 years ago '11        #6
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3

[pic - click to view]

 10-23-2011, 04:23 PM         #7
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh yea mayne just to add on this aint nothin new. Beans had State Property but wuz still da Roc. a n*gga like Fif wuz good wit Buck havin his imprint G Unit South to run as he pleased. but Buck wuz too immature and needed a n*gga to hold his hand. Game wuz also gonna have Black Wallstreet connected to G Unit just like what Drake doin wit CMB but yall awready know what happened


just good bidness mayne
 7 years ago '11        #8
Da Truth23 93 heat pts93 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
He could pull of the same thing that Kanye did. Good Music.......OVO (XO)
 7 years ago '11        #9
Da Truth23 93 heat pts93 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
To yall niccas who said "didnt read" yall got time to find a gif with didnt read on it but didnt have a time to read a f!!!! paragraph shame.... this thread wasnt directly made for yall... i could give two f!cks for what yall have to say....
 10-23-2011, 04:31 PM         #10
deeps3t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake isnt going anywhere, and at the end of the day he doesnt want to leave, and more likely than not he doesnt have what it takes to be a boss.
 7 years ago '09        #11
K0ntrast 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$30,563 | Props total: 15792 15792
 marcusaka50 said:
drake and wayne promote each other.

they dont do alot of features of each other album wise.

they might do alot of features together on somebody else track.

most rappers that go mainstream switch up their music a little bit or completely different.

drake always had his own lane and he would of blew up regardless if he wasn't on YM.

he got more exposure because of wayne.

drake is sign to YM/CMB which is the same thing so he just created his movement with in a major label.

doesn't mean they are falling apart.

he might just start signing his own artists which im sure he wants YM to have nothing to do with.
This. Drake was destined to be hot regardless of weezy. He was gonna get his status with or without. Its just in this case he did and it was a smart move if you ask me. Got one of the hottest in the game promoting him shiet he got it fu*kin made.
 7 years ago '11        #12
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3
 Da Truth23 said:
To yall niccas who said "didnt read" yall got time to find a gif with didnt read on it but didnt have a time to read a f!!!! paragraph shame.... this thread wasnt directly made for yall... i could give two f!cks for what yall have to say....

[pic - click to view]

 7 years ago '11        #13
Da Truth23 93 heat pts93 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
 PLK12 said:

[pic - click to view]

i saw it coming.. the exact gif too.
 10-23-2011, 04:36 PM         #14
pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  


you just wanted to show everyone that you knew the word "eschew"
 7 years ago '11        #15
Da Truth23 93 heat pts93 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
 Kontrast0 said:
This. Drake was destined to be hot regardless of weezy. He was gonna get his status with or without. Its just in this case he did and it was a smart move if you ask me. Got one of the hottest in the game promoting him shiet he got it fu*kin made.
If I was Drake I'd give YMCMB 2 or 3 more albums and then do my own !!! (including Take Care)

He could do something WIth Noah and the Weeknd
 7 years ago '11        #16
Da Truth23 93 heat pts93 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
 pabloescobarjr said:


you just wanted to show everyone that you knew the word "eschew"
^This. right. I was goin to make this thread then i heard about the word "eschew" im like oh !!!, Im using it.
 7 years ago '11        #17
KING JAYY 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$53,484 | Props total: 23122 23122


this n*gga soundin mad a.ss hell
 10-23-2011, 04:47 PM         #18
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pabloescobarjr said:


you just wanted to show everyone that you knew the word "eschew"


thats that Merriam-Webster swag breh breh :whoa2:


how droll
 7 years ago '06        #19
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,278 | Props total: 411 411
Lil Wayne and Baby will eventually end up making more money off Drake then any other artist in Cash Money History. Think about Cd Sales, Merchandise, Advertisement, Party's and Tour's. No matter what you say Lil Wayne held his part of the agreement when drake signed to Cash Money Records. Wayne put him out and thats something wayne does not do very often. Drake was the first artist Wayne ever was able to put out and wayne has been signing artist for years. If you pay attention to history It took over a year for Drake to sign with Wayne and lets be honest when you make it in music its only two end results. You either fall off on top or you fall off completly. Drake isnt a fool, he's seeing the money they are making off him so why not branch off and get your own label, artist and business's. Wayne and Baby are happy as fu*k, Theres a n*gga we got signed making our company money everyday and we dont even have to put up with him lol. Checks just deposit in and he not around. We send him 3-4 records and he makes them hits, we put it out and shoot a video. Its Business! Theres a reason why Jay Z and Kanye have an Album out and not Beanie Siegel or Memphis Bleek. Pay attention
 7 years ago '11        #20
Da Truth23 93 heat pts93 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 3128 3128
 Poloboy69 said:
Lil Wayne and Baby will eventually end up making more money off Drake then any other artist in Cash Money History. Think about Cd Sales, Merchandise, Advertisement, Party's and Tour's. No matter what you say Lil Wayne held his part of the agreement when drake signed to Cash Money Records. Wayne put him out and thats something wayne does not do very often. Drake was the first artist Wayne ever was able to put out and wayne has been signing artist for years. If you pay attention to history It took over a year for Drake to sign with Wayne and lets be honest when you make it in music its only two end results. You either fall off on top or you fall off completly. Drake isnt a fool, he's seeing the money they are making off him so why not branch off and get your own label, artist and business's. Wayne and Baby are happy as fu*k, Theres a n*gga we got signed making our company money everyday and we dont even have to put up with him lol. Checks just deposit in and he not around. We send him 3-4 records and he makes them hits, we put it out and shoot a video. Its Business! Theres a reason why Jay Z and Kanye have an Album out and not Beanie Siegel or Memphis Bleek. Pay attention

This.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
67 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
81 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Video inside The one thing I HATE about The Witcher 3
16 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy