most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
6167 pageviews
56 comments

GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
Million dollar mistakes: Movie roles that stars turned down

[pic - click to view]

Talk about a huge regret! Lindsay Lohan surprisingly turned down Heather Graham's role in the blockbuster hit, 'The Hangover.' Despite having her agent reportedly campaign for her to get the role, the rehabbed actress ultimately passed on the offer because she thought the script 'had no potential.'

Sadly, the same can be said for LiLo's film career.

[pic - click to view]

Sure he's been nominated but four Emmys, but did you know Jon Hamm wasn't 'Mad Men' producers' first choice to play Don Draper?

'I started, literally, on the very, very bottom -- I couldn't have had less heat on me,' he told Marc Maron's WTF podcast. 'Nobody knew who I was. The casting directors didn't know who I was. I wasn't on anybody's lists. ... The funny thing was, I think they went to Thomas Jane for it, and they were told that Thomas Jane does not do television.'

Hmm, interseting considering James now stars on HBO's 'Hung.'

[pic - click to view]

Matt Damon could have had the lead role in the highest-grossing movie ever. But he turned down going blue for James Cameron's "Avatar" due to scheduling conflicts with "The Bourne Ultimatum."

"Clearly my not participating cost the film a lot," Damon joked. While the role went to unknown Aussie actor Sam Worthington, it could also have been played by ...

[pic - click to view]

Jake Gyllenhaal, who was another one of Cameron's top picks for the role of Jake Sully. Ah, what might have been ...

[pic - click to view]

"The Blind Side" star Sandra Bullock has been having the best year of her life, winning the award for Best Actress as the SAG Awards, the Golden Globes and the Oscars. But Bullock's amazing year almost didn't happen. Julia Robert was initially eyed to star in the film, but luckily for Sandra, the actress turned down the role.

[pic - click to view]

Academy Award-winning actress Helen Mirren was originally offered the role of social worker Mrs. Weiss in Lee Daniel’s "Precious." But when Mirren had to pull out of the project for unknown reasons, it was Mariah Carey who took her place just days before shooting began.

The performance gave new life to Carey's acting career. The singer, once deemed a horrible actress for her disastrous film "Glitter," wowed critics with her powerful performance in "Precious."

[pic - click to view]

Though Will Smith has had his fair share of acting in sci-fi thrillers, he turned down the role of Neo in the box office hit “The Matrix.” The actor, who opted to star in the movie flop, “Wild Wild West,” admits he couldn't have pulled off the lead role.

He says, “You know, 'The Matrix' is a difficult concept to pitch. In the pitch, I just didn’t see it. I watched Keanu’s performance – and very rarely do I say this – but I would have messed it up."

[pic - click to view]

Leonardo DiCaprio has wondered what would have happened had he chosen to play Dirk Diggler in "Boogie Nights" (the role eventually went to Mark Wahlberg) over his breakout role in "Titanic." The actor told GQ, "'Boogie Nights' is a movie I loved and I wish I would’ve done."

Warren Beatty was also writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson's first choice to play the movie's pr0n director. After Beatty turned it down, the role went to Burt Reynolds, who received a Golden Globe Award and an Oscar nomination for the flick.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.nydailynews.co .. have_been.html

56 comments for "Million dollar mistakes: Movie roles that stars turned down"

6 years ago '05        #2
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5

[pic - click to view]

Could you imagine Mel Gibson trading in his "Braveheart" woolen kilt for a skimpy Roman toga? Although a lot of women can, apparently Gibson couldn't.

The Oscar-winning Australian reportedly turned down an offer to play the lead role in "Gladiator," a role which landed Russell Crowe the Academy Award for Best Actor in 2001.

[pic - click to view]

Hollywood's favorite wild child Drew Barrymore was offered the part of Nomi Malone in 1995's "Showgirls," but is said to have turned it down because she felt uncomfortable with the nudity displayed in the script.

The role went to "Saved by the Bell" actress Elizabeth Berkley, whose portrayal of the stripper earned her two Razzie Awards and quickly stalled her film career.

[pic - click to view]

Jack Nicholson already had a booming career when he turned down the role of Michael Corleone in "The Godfather." The actor believed the role, which went to Al Pacino, wouldn't have been a good fit for him.

He once said, "I knew 'The Godfather' was going to be a great film, but at that time I believed Indians should play roles written for Indians and Italians should do the same."

[pic - click to view]

Former beauty queen Vanessa Williams had a chance at becoming the first African-American actress to win an Academy Award, however that privilege went to Halle Berry for her portrayal of a struggling single mother in "Monster's Ball." Williams turned down the part, as did Angela Bassett, who was a bit more vocal in her reasons why.

"I wasn't going to be a prostitute on film," explained Bassett. "I couldn't do that because it's such a stereotype about black women and s3xuality."

[pic - click to view]

Apparently John Travolta wasn't too fond of a box of chocolates. The actor turned down the title role in 1994's "Forrest Gump," a part that won Tom Hanks an Academy Award for Best Actor. Travolta once joked that he helped launch Hanks' career for also rejecting the lead role in "Green Mile."

"What you turn down can be a gift to someone else," Travolta said. "There is enough to go around."

[pic - click to view]

Despite turning down a role in the 2000 remake of "Charlie's Angels," Angelia Jolie went on to play a gun-toting heroine in "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider."

Jolie explains, "With 'Charlie's Angels,' I made my decision because: 1. I didn't watch the original TV series and 2. I don't get dressed up. Also, I'm probably not the best group person, so it didn't really suit my personality."

Last edited by GROUCHCARTEL; 10-21-2011 at 09:06 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,243 | Props total: 20088 20088
lol Lohans a dumbass
 6 years ago '06        #4
bran 146 heat pts146
space
space
$3,186 | Props total: 4 4
good read
 10-22-2011, 02:04 AM         #5
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have a Blockbuster worth of DVDs in my house and dozens of legally downloaded movies... and I never once knew Mel Gibson was an Aussie... I still don't believe that sh*t
 10-22-2011, 03:17 AM         #6
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Will Smith turning down the Matrix for WILD WILD WEST

TOPS THEM ALL
 6 years ago '07        #7
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
Props to Will Smith for admitting he doesn't think he would have done well as Neo, and Jack for the Godfather turn down.

But the ones who passed because they thought it would flop..
 6 years ago '07        #8
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
 MY_name said:
I have a Blockbuster worth of DVDs in my house and dozens of legally downloaded movies... and I never once knew Mel Gibson was an Aussie... I still don't believe that sh*t
All these dudes from other countries that hid their accent for roles, it's crazy to see. Gibson did an old a.ss war movie i watched in school where he played an Aussie, so that wasn't a surprise, but like Hugh Jackman being Aussie and House MD being a Brit... You hear them in interviews for the first time talking natural and it's like "wtf?"
 6 years ago '08        #9
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,114 | Props total: 23379 23379
most of those actually worked out for the better

Lindsey and your boy from Hung were the only legit mistakes. How Lindsey could take Machete and turn down Hangover because is had no potential is crazy. Maybe she felt the role was too close to her real life

Last edited by Arson; 10-22-2011 at 05:23 AM..
 10-22-2011, 05:48 AM         #10
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thomas Jane would've k!lled Mad Men. What a moron.
 6 years ago '04        #11
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,049 | Props total: 4842 4842
Good, don't no one want to see Lohan pull out her crack-head t*ttie to brea$t feed anyway
 6 years ago '10        #12
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,113 | Props total: 1273 1273
thank God Will Smith turned down the Matrix......I just cant see him pulling that part off either. Damn good actor but Reeves owned that sh*t........I dont think Will would of made it pop like that.....interesting to know they wanted that character to be black though.
 6 years ago '10        #13
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,113 | Props total: 1273 1273
 omglolwtfbbq said:
All these dudes from other countries that hid their accent for roles, it's crazy to see. Gibson did an old a.ss war movie i watched in school where he played an Aussie, so that wasn't a surprise, but like Hugh Jackman being Aussie and House MD being a Brit... You hear them in interviews for the first time talking natural and it's like "wtf?"

The best at hiding their accents.....Collin Ferrell and Idris Elba (Stringer Bell). When I heard both of these n*ggaz use their normal accent I was like GTFOH. Especially my n*gga Stringer Bell.
 6 years ago '10        #14
ter83 
space
space
$673 | Props total: 50 50
Vanessa Williams turned down Halle's role in Monster's Ball
 6 years ago '08        #15
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
 peeyump said:
thank God Will Smith turned down the Matrix......I just cant see him pulling that part off either. Damn good actor but Reeves owned that sh*t........I dont think Will would of made it pop like that.....interesting to know they wanted that character to be black though.
The Matrix is an ode to black exploitation.

Agent Smith works for The Man(The Machines) and The Matrix is the game The Man uses to pull the wool over your eyes

Neo is Leeroy and at the end he gets The Glow

Morpheus is the leader of the underground movement f!ghting against the man

Cypher was the sellout brother
 10-22-2011, 07:47 AM         #16
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 peeyump said:
The best at hiding their accents.....Collin Ferrell and Idris Elba (Stringer Bell). When I heard both of these n*ggaz use their normal accent I was like GTFOH. Especially my n*gga Stringer Bell.
Kinda funny how a few of the biggest characters in The Wire are from the UK. McNulty (Dominic West) is English, Carcetti (Aidan Gillen) is Irish and of course Stringer is from London.
 6 years ago '05        #17
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Arson said:
The Matrix is an ode to black exploitation.

Agent Smith works for The Man(The Machines) and The Matrix is the game The Man uses to pull the wool over your eyes

Neo is Leeroy and at the end he gets The Glow

Morpheus is the leader of the underground movement f!ghting against the man

Cypher was the sellout brother
 6 years ago '09        #18
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
woozers :D
 6 years ago '11        #19
Mikey c 
space
space
$1,225 | Props total: 390 390
"I wasn't going to be a prostitute on film," explained Bassett. "I couldn't do that because it's such a stereotype about black women and s3xuality."

Angela Bassett throwin shots at Halle?
 6 years ago '08        #20
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
 Mikey c said:

Angela Bassett throwin shots at Halle?
its true,and she won was oscar for that bullsh*t too
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago