NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #101
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 Ni2 said:
i believe they can be replaced. like whats the nba, top quarter percent of the best players. fu*k it open it up to a whole top 1% of players. oh man we'll really suffer watching them i bet.
You are insane if u believe this. I do u 1 better. If the players were able to start their on league and the owners got replacement players which would u watch. Now lets say Bill Gates Warren Buffet and several other members of the 1% were owners. You wouldn't miss them at all would you? The fact is the the cheerleaders and people working at the games can be replaced probably by bx members but it isn't anyone that can replace wade kobe melo bron dirk kd rose cp3 howard blake and several others wake up. And on top of that their willing to take less money. How can anyone not see this is beyond me.

Last edited by sasuke-sama313; 10-21-2011 at 11:24 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #102
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
people keep trying to equate the NBA with other employment situations when its not. the NBA is a monopoly, and they have mad government exceptions, things unique to them whereas most monopolies can't live. so they reap the benefits of the system. that's why there is a collective bargaining agreement. otherwise there wouldn't have to be. THESE players make the NBA happen. There are tons of willing rich white folks tryna buy teams. All kinds of rich people would buy teams if they were managed properly and for sale. Look at the 76ers. They just got sold. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE fu*kING LOCKOUT! If teams were really losing money, how could this be happening? teams keep getting sold, so teams must not be bleeding money. so there's no shortage of owners. all the teams in the NBA could be sold today if they were properly valued.there would be a line long enough of buyers. believe that.

on the other hand, the league is watered down enough as is, there definitely aint a long a.ss line of players we would pay to see. would people be spending these billions a year we spend to consume the NBA if it was replacement players? i think not.

therefore, THESE NBA players deserve more than half of what the owners are bringing in. the 30 owners should not be grossing more than all of the 500 NBA players combined, when any of the owners could be replaced. Replacing the 25% of owners losing money, and the league wouldn't miss a beat. Replacing the top 25% of the players, and there is no league. There are as many individual U.S. Billionaires as there are NBA players, and a lot more candidates if you consider almost no one buys a team alone.

fu*k outta here with all the other BS. Owners aint negotiating in good faith, and right now they don't have do. But it doesn't mean they aint dirty.

Because of all of the government exceptions, the gov't should step in and impart a decision and force the league (aka owners) to accept it. The gov't would have ground because of the monopoly exemptions. But TBH the only way that ball is gonna get rolling is if the players de-certify.
 6 years ago '05        #103
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
players should take that sh*t, if i was an owner i would be asking for more then some 50 percent
 6 years ago '04        #104
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
Heres how I see it.....

First off yes, both the owners and players are greedy as hell.

Thing is that the players greed seems to be costing them more, and costing us the NBA season. The players NEED the NBA more than vice versa. Why is Deron Williams making the doe he is overseas? Because he is an NBA star. Without the NBA he is nothing, without the NBA Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Wade, etc are NOTHING. You can say they would play overseas but how many overseas bball players do you know that are WORLD starts like NBA players? Now before Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Wade, etc the NBA STILL existed. Before the NBA Lebron was walking around with a nappy a.ss fro unable to even afford a damn throwback jersey. The NBA CAN LAST WITHOUT THE LEBRONS, KOBES, ETC. You can't tell me that if the NBA decided to hold a draft TOMORROW with the contracts for every player at 2mill MAX for a four year deal every team roster wouldn't be filled by noon. Players from around the world would JUMP at the chance to make that money. And if that were to happen what would have to Lebron or Pierce or KG? They would be irrelevant in a matter of years.

These people are MULTIMILLIONAIRES because of the NBA not the other way around. The NBAs videos, promos, etc of them is what made them rich. You can say "Well without the players the NBA has no videos to show" but fact is the NBA can ALWAYS get players. Not everyone feels like the need to make that superstar money, the only reason that the superstars feel like they deserve the money is because the NBA GAVE IT TO THEM. Before Kobe was Jordan before Jordan was Dr.J and before him there was someone and before him the same. No player has ever been irreplaceable. Jordan would be NOTHING without the NBA getting behind him, Jordan NEEDED the NBA as a stage to showcase his talents, the NBA would have been FINE without Jordan. All those promos and money put into MJ would have just be put into someone else. THEEE.END. the world keeps turning while Michael Jordans name never get uttered.

The thing that I see common among the players side of the argument is this....THEY'RE ALL FILTHY RICH. Everybody on the frontline has BEEN paid and they don't need an NBA season. All these people from Lebron, Wade, Melo, STAT, Pierce, KG, Fisher, etc are either superstars that are making 10's of millions a year or theyre players that have had lengthy careers where they are wealthy enough to never have to play again. OF COURSE they're the ones that can say "You don't want to give us what we want? Oh there won't be a season? Oh well, go ahead cancel it " because they're straight regardless. Thing is that these same players are the ones influencing the younger, less cats to say the same thing to show solidarity while these lesser players don't realize that they aren't doing it because its the right thing but because they can take it. If the NBA doesn't play for this entire year, Paul Pierce is okay he will still live in a mansion and can just take a year long cruise on his boat. The rookies can't, they're broke straight outta college kids that are looking for their chance. The same chance that these rich NBA players were waiting for years ago and are now taking for granted. They don't care about their own teammates and it shows and it doesn't say much for the current state of the nba even if the season does happen.

Honestly I damn near wanna say let the cap 50 mill , pay these cats 5 mill MAX and let the ones that don't want to play for that leave. Let the people that play for the love of the game stay and lets keep it moving.
 6 years ago '04        #105
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,174 | Props total: 5430 5430
the nba markets it's brand off of the superstars. the owners fill arenas because fans want a glimpse at their favorite players. without the players there is no league worth watching. the owners wanna gripe? then stop fu*king overpaying the rashard lewis's and the gilbert areanes of the league to superstar pay when they're clearly mid-level players. that's exactly what cripple franchises for years when inflated contracts anchors them into the abyss for years. and when i read stuff from people stating that "without the nba, these players have nothing." i say the contrary, players have PLENTY of platforms to showcase their skills in front of massive audiences regardless. 3rd tier players are stars overseas

bottom line, the owners have the leverage....and stern is a bi*ch when his job to rectify the situation from a non-objective point of view. he's clearly against the players...what a failure of a commissioner

Last edited by Young Professa; 10-21-2011 at 11:56 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #106
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 Young Professa said:
the nba markets it's brand off of the superstars. the owners fill arenas because fans want a glimpse at their favorite players. without the players there is no league worth watching. the owners wanna gripe? then stop fu*king overpaying the rashard lewis's and the gilbert areanes of the league to superstar pay when they're clearly mid-level players. that's exactly what cripple franchises for years when inflated contracts anchors them into the abyss for years.

bottom line, the owners have the leverage....and stern is a bi*ch when his job to rectify the situation from a non-objective point of view. he's clearly against the players...what a failure of a commissioner
Soooo you're saying pay them but DON'T pay them?

At one time Gilbert Arenas was one of those players "fans want a glimpse at" correct? Then he got broke off and now look what happened? Same with Rashard Lewis, both were stars and look at them now but they're getting broken off.

Plus funny how Gilbert was once one of the leagues biggest stars and now he isn't and somehow the league kept going right. Same with TMac, Grant Hill, etc. Hell even Jordan retired, AND THE LEAGUE KEPT GOING.

The NBA CREATES superstar otherwise their just another great college, hs player that you don't remember in a couple years. Players need the league, the league doesn't NEED any specific players. Now I'm not saying the players don't play any part in this but the majority of it is the league.

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 10-21-2011 at 12:34 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #107
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
 Mista Mizatti said:
Heres how I see it.....

First off yes, both the owners and players are greedy as hell.

Thing is that the players greed seems to be costing them more, and costing us the NBA season. The players NEED the NBA more than vice versa. Why is Deron Williams making the doe he is overseas? Because he is an NBA star. Without the NBA he is nothing, without the NBA Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Wade, etc are NOTHING. You can say they would play overseas but how many overseas bball players do you know that are WORLD starts like NBA players? Now before Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Wade, etc the NBA STILL existed. Before the NBA Lebron was walking around with a nappy a.ss fro unable to even afford a damn throwback jersey. The NBA CAN LAST WITHOUT THE LEBRONS, KOBES, ETC. You can't tell me that if the NBA decided to hold a draft TOMORROW with the contracts for every player at 2mill MAX for a four year deal every team roster wouldn't be filled by noon. Players from around the world would JUMP at the chance to make that money. And if that were to happen what would have to Lebron or Pierce or KG? They would be irrelevant in a matter of years.

These people are MULTIMILLIONAIRES because of the NBA not the other way around. The NBAs videos, promos, etc of them is what made them rich. You can say "Well without the players the NBA has no videos to show" but fact is the NBA can ALWAYS get players. Not everyone feels like the need to make that superstar money, the only reason that the superstars feel like they deserve the money is because the NBA GAVE IT TO THEM. Before Kobe was Jordan before Jordan was Dr.J and before him there was someone and before him the same. No player has ever been irreplaceable. Jordan would be NOTHING without the NBA getting behind him, Jordan NEEDED the NBA as a stage to showcase his talents, the NBA would have been FINE without Jordan. All those promos and money put into MJ would have just be put into someone else. THEEE.END. the world keeps turning while Michael Jordans name never get uttered.

The thing that I see common among the players side of the argument is this....THEY'RE ALL FILTHY RICH. Everybody on the frontline has BEEN paid and they don't need an NBA season. All these people from Lebron, Wade, Melo, STAT, Pierce, KG, Fisher, etc are either superstars that are making 10's of millions a year or theyre players that have had lengthy careers where they are wealthy enough to never have to play again. OF COURSE they're the ones that can say "You don't want to give us what we want? Oh there won't be a season? Oh well, go ahead cancel it " because they're straight regardless. Thing is that these same players are the ones influencing the younger, less cats to say the same thing to show solidarity while these lesser players don't realize that they aren't doing it because its the right thing but because they can take it. If the NBA doesn't play for this entire year, Paul Pierce is okay he will still live in a mansion and can just take a year long cruise on his boat. The rookies can't, they're broke straight outta college kids that are looking for their chance. The same chance that these rich NBA players were waiting for years ago and are now taking for granted. They don't care about their own teammates and it shows and it doesn't say much for the current state of the nba even if the season does happen.

Honestly I damn near wanna say let the cap 50 mill , pay these cats 5 mill MAX and let the ones that don't want to play for that leave. Let the people that play for the love of the game stay and lets keep it moving.

Finally an informed individual
 6 years ago '04        #108
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
 Sac-Town said:
@ players thinking they deserve majority
@ you thinking players don't deserve majority.

The players are the product and the players also have to produce the product. Do you think management pays for summer big man camps for Dwight or all summer sessions with Tim Grover? And the NBA also gets free advertising from the NCAA as well.

The owners purchase the team and pay for operating costs. The players do everything else. I don't say that's a 50-50 split.
 6 years ago '10        #109
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
 raw51188 said:
people keep trying to equate the NBA with other employment situations when its not. the NBA is a monopoly, and they have mad government exceptions, things unique to them whereas most monopolies can't live. so they reap the benefits of the system. that's why there is a collective bargaining agreement. otherwise there wouldn't have to be. THESE players make the NBA happen. There are tons of willing rich white folks tryna buy teams. All kinds of rich people would buy teams if they were managed properly and for sale. Look at the 76ers. They just got sold. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE fu*kING LOCKOUT! If teams were really losing money, how could this be happening? teams keep getting sold, so teams must not be bleeding money. so there's no shortage of owners. all the teams in the NBA could be sold today if they were properly valued.there would be a line long enough of buyers. believe that.

on the other hand, the league is watered down enough as is, there definitely aint a long a.ss line of players we would pay to see. would people be spending these billions a year we spend to consume the NBA if it was replacement players? i think not.

therefore, THESE NBA players deserve more than half of what the owners are bringing in. the 30 owners should not be grossing more than all of the 500 NBA players combined, when any of the owners could be replaced. Replacing the 25% of owners losing money, and the league wouldn't miss a beat. Replacing the top 25% of the players, and there is no league. There are as many individual U.S. Billionaires as there are NBA players, and a lot more candidates if you consider almost no one buys a team alone.

fu*k outta here with all the other BS. Owners aint negotiating in good faith, and right now they don't have do. But it doesn't mean they aint dirty.

Because of all of the government exceptions, the gov't should step in and impart a decision and force the league (aka owners) to accept it. The gov't would have ground because of the monopoly exemptions. But TBH the only way that ball is gonna get rolling is if the players de-certify.
 6 years ago '05        #110
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 3093 3093
I just moved 7mi from Staples Center! God damn NBA players...needa lace up and play some ball. Take the 50-50. this ENTIRE time i've been on the side of the players. But I think its take what you can get...them owners don't have to have a season. The poorest owner is still stupid rich and will continue to be so with or without a season. They have way more leverage..sh*t makes me sad man...
 6 years ago '05        #111
Chuck_Remixed 251 heat pts251
space
space
$17,106 | Props total: 3554 3554
:doglaugh: Im glad i deleted my post. Im lol @ some of the responses you can tell they trying to equate what they know of their everyday employment situations with what should be of the NBA situation. lol funny sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #112
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
 DipsetSoulja said:
I just moved 7mi from Staples Center! God damn NBA players...needa lace up and play some ball. Take the 50-50. this ENTIRE time i've been on the side of the players. But I think its take what you can get...them owners don't have to have a season. The poorest owner is still stupid rich and will continue to be so with or without a season. They have way more leverage..sh*t makes me sad man...

Do you realize how much the owners will lose if their is no season? Remember there are a handful of teams making major scratch in the NBA. They take huge hits for every game not played (ask Dr. Buss). Then on the other hand the teams losing money won't take much of a hit in the now but in the long run the league will take years to recover from a year shutdown and that hurts all owner. These players will get paid no matter when the games start again so trust me the owners will take much more of a hit in the long run. Don't be fooled!
 10-21-2011, 12:47 PM         #113
LebronOnYoBtch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All They Worried ABout Is Franchise Tags Yo
 6 years ago '06        #114
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
 Sac-Town said:
@ players thinking they deserve majority
I don't know about you but I pay to see the players play.
 6 years ago '05        #115
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,869 | Props total: 30080 30080
I'm with the owners. All that super team sh*t is fu*ked up
It's a shame teams like Indiana and the nets or whoever can't come up because of these super team sh*t
 10-21-2011, 01:13 PM         #116
LYRICALDETOX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
iHope u FuKs lockout the NBA as fans whenever they resume with playing basketball.

The fans boycotted when baseball had their strike .. the only thing that brought fans back to the park was Sammy Sosa & Mark McGuire chasing the Home Run Record in a single season other wise baseball probably wouldn't be where it is at today.
 6 years ago '04        #117
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 Dat_BK_Nicca said:
without the players there is no nba
Without the owners it's just a mens league?
 6 years ago '05        #118
midaztouch 50 heat pts50
space
space
$1,920 | Props total: 214 214
at people not understanding the few percent they are argueing over is almost 100 million a year.

if you sign a long term CBA you could potentialy be losing close to 1 billion dollars, are the players really going to give that up. sure 3 percent doesnt sound like much but we are talking 100s of millions
 10-21-2011, 03:09 PM         #119
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 monyemoney said:
in life theres times where your provided with eye openers...right now this is one of them...debates between slaves and masters on how much they deserve...these players are nothing but slaves with million dollar contracts...off mechandise alone the nba makes billions off their names and likeness on various items

but hey look at the bright side no nba means we can all read and spend more quality time with our families and children...this sh*t is only a big deal cause so many people care...smh..an nba player can we say are about 2percent of the population...meaning slim to no chance of an aspiring athlete to get to the league right...but if your a teacher you get paid peanuts?...everyone else is in economic crisis while these guys are crying over making more money for playing a sport they love...for what to buy 7 cars a yr as oppose to 4?..gtfoh..ill never understand the wworld we live in
lol if the players are slaves and making millions what the fu*k are we?????????
 6 years ago '11        #120
Mek Miracles 
space
space
space
$46 | Props total: 13 13
none of this money is going in my pocket. they need to make a deal or start a televised rec league so i can see some basketball soon
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
212 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now