Owners Told Players: "Take It Or Leave It"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #61
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
 TheMagicMan said:
at ya'll making slavery references. If it's such a terrible thing to play for "white massa", why in the hell don't these cats start their own league? That's whats wrong with our generation, we think that we deserve more than we actually do. Stop comparing the NBA to slavery, it just makes us look like idiots

Ya'll thinking like little kids man . If the players hold the power that ya'll think they hold, then they'd say fu*k the NBA and make their own league but they CAN'T. As much as you hate White Massa, you need his a.ss to make your bread, you need his a.ss to sell your shoes, you need his a.ss to pack a 50k stadium full of HIS friends. So you need to either work with him or find something else to do if you feel so disrespected. The players need to actually NEGOTIATE and not try and strong arm their relevance. They don't realize that at the end of the day, the owners can ALWAYS find players to replace them but there is only 1 place for the players to make this type of money and thats in Massas League.

If the players think like any of you think then the NBA deserves to be canceled, so tired of you kids comparing this to slavery and jim crowe days, it's insulting.

Don't think one person in here said anything about slavery b.
 10-21-2011, 07:53 AM         #62
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
You white or black? And have you ever played a sport?
Cambury you moron, what does that have to do with anything? Is your mark a.ss taking a survey?
 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM         #63
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I typically stand with Labor, but I don't see how the players win this one. They fu*ked up by not decertifying and Billy was so arrogant going into negotiations this summer that he didn't have a plan that would help the players gain any leverage at all.

A lot of Bench players and Role players are sh*t out of luck because nobody wants to see them play in the states and teams overseas aren't really checking for them either. It's real easy for us to say they should've saved our money, but if your job went on strike, are you prepared to be without a check for a year? Probably not.

The last ditch effort for the players is getting together with the agents and seeing what they can cook up. I keep hearing about different ideas for leagues, but nobody really wants to think about a season completely lost. I think Billy Hunter is fu*ked and the best the players can get with him is 50/50, they'll be lucky to get a soft cap at this point.
 6 years ago '05        #64
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 Cambury said:
You white or black? And have you ever played a sport?
The fu*k does that matter? and have you? wait, I already know the answer

6 years ago '07        #65
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,385 | Props total: 13037 13037
 carltouss619 said:
once again no it's not. tell me what the fu*k you do , that no one else can do or only a select few can do?
and if the owner/CEO/etc. of ur company makes more than all employees combined, ur job fu*king sucks
 6 years ago '05        #66
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,837 | Props total: 9771 9771
regardless on what the BRI split is owners will just jack up concession prices to make up in any losses they have to take
 10-21-2011, 08:27 AM         #67
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FappingFapstar said:
the owners created an organization for ppl to prosper, to get out the hood, to live a good life

players got spoiled....they get a lot of perks within the job

when the GOAT jordan played he didnt make jack sh*t until his last 2-3 yrs

no1 complained

most nba players r fuking millionaires MILLIONS of dollars
The NBA is a slave trade........yes players get paid but they have no voice, and are not expected to have a voice.......its a hand in hand.......the players need the owners just as much as the owners need the players.......it cant be just play and do what we say there as to be some compromise
 6 years ago '04        #68
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 Sac-Town said:

no they don't.
why do you say they dont?

... this should be interesting
 6 years ago '09        #69
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211 OP
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
It's not a slave anyone of us would welcome to be in the NBA "the slave trade"

When they partying fu*king models throwing thousands of dollars they not complaining
 6 years ago '04        #70
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 SixOneFour said:
Don't think one person in here said anything about slavery b.
are we reading the same thread? Every other post is about the players being 40 million dollar slaves who should be happy with what massa is giving them
 6 years ago '04        #71
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
the overall point is, if the players think that they're the only reason the NBA makes any money, then they should start their own league

otherwise, I dont want to hear sh*t about "it's a sad day for the fans because the owners are so greedy" from someone's twitter account. Either say fu*k the owners, pool your money together, get investments and start your own sh*t or negotiate, get a deal done and STFU.

They players overvalued their worth, stern overvalued their worth and it needs to be corrected. If you don't want to negotiate, then leave the plantation and be a slave somewhere else.
 10-21-2011, 08:55 AM         #72
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont even care anymore

im numb to this nba lockout sh*t now

6 years ago '08        #73
centercourt 
space
space
$152 | Props total: 20 20
 BlaKc said:
i think you just care more about having a basketball game to watch then about people getting their rightful earnings
 SOCIALITE said:
It's principals for the players. What's gonna stop them from taking another 8% next time, and another 8% the time after that than another 8% because hey it beats nothing. Keep up with that mind frame and it will be nothing in the long run. I know for a fact if I could strong arm my way into extra money without my employees putting up a f!ght I'd just keep on taking more and more of their money why not they don't care I don't care.

The owners promised the players 57%, now they're looking to rescind that offer. Not just rescind it, but it's their way or no way. The players have since come down to 52.5%. The owners have not budged from 50%. In the real scenario, the players have made concessions, the owners have not. In essence taking away the players bargaining rights…take my offer or take nothing at all. If you have no bargaining ability, what do you have? Look at states that have taken away, or least tried to take away employees bargaining rights...Ohio...Minnesota...etc. The real workers are pissed and f!ghting back. Real workers like us with jobs in this thread. Everyone in this tread speaking about the players should take the 50/50 and move on, read how the real people are NOT taking it and moving on in those states.
 6 years ago '07        #74
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Sac-Town said:
naw why don't do math you
a players jerseys groses 225 million and they see less than 1% of that.
 6 years ago '05        #75
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12558 12558
 Sac-Town said:

no they don't.
Are they not the product that the NBA bases it's value on? Isn't that why you pay to see a particular team because of the players? Even if you only watch your teams when they win, it's not the owners it's the players on the court putting in the work.. The GM,the owner, nor the coach can get on the court and perform.. It's the players who put the fans in seats, its the players with their last name on merchandise that is being sold.. And knowing this you still say the owners should get most of the money? This is why Gumble said the owners are acting like modern day slave owners.. They should be happy they are getting some type of return back, but they want to treat this like one of their personal businesses as if they thought of the idea of the NBA, or created the team they really purchased from the NBA... As Lebron said these owners knw what they were getting into before they purchased the teams
 10-21-2011, 09:23 AM         #76
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well..The players may lose here and there... But these owners have tax dollars wrapped up in these stadiums. People outside of the players are going to lose money. In the end, the owners will lose heavily.

If no one is sitting in the seats, buying concessions, and all that other over priced sh*t at them stadiums, revenue is lost.

You expect players to play for free in high school and college, and then make them play for peanuts while you own the plantation in the pros??? I hope these players grow some balls and stick it out. Fans need the players, not the owners.
 6 years ago '09        #77
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
just take the deal
 6 years ago '05        #78
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
Shows you where these players are at in these negotiations...Didn't the mediator forbid both sides from making statements?I have no sympathy for these greedy f*cks..In an era where unemployment is at an time high and college graduates are struggling to find work these a**holes willingly chose to go unemployed because their millions weren't enough.Do you know the amount of bad contracts the fans have had to pay through the nose for?any one on BX could post 3 off the top from their own team. Guaranteed contracts for the likes of Jerome James,Rashard Lewis,Larry Hughes,Charlie Villanueva and Adonal Foyle so they could be set for life?F*ck these NBA players and their greed..last time they did this in 99 I stayed away from B-Ball for 2 years..any bets on how long it's gonna be this time?Stop supporting this BS..There is no justification for this when these dudes got ivy league educations for free and play A GAME for millions of dollars...even the scrubs are guaranteed half a mil and all the perks of traveling, per diems for meals,access to the greatest trainers and medical staff around and licensing money from merchandise?how many of us can say that?

Last edited by GROUCHCARTEL; 10-21-2011 at 09:42 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #79
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,389 | Props total: 3852 3852
THEY ARE ALL fu*kING RICH GREEDY fu*kING PRICKS.

EVERY PLAYER, OWNER WHATEVER. COMPLAINING ABOUT MONEY, TRY WORKING fu*kIN 6 DAYS A WEEK 8-10 HRS A DAY...

its just sickening. "oh were getting screwed out of this and that" come fu*king back to reality. cant stand this sh*t. their worse than the NFL.
 6 years ago '04        #80
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,867 | Props total: 67 67
 Sac-Town said:
^sorry but the players DO NOT deserve the majority of the income that the NBA generates.
It's the majority of basketball related income. The 53% they're talking about isn't even 50% of the whole. Owners have mismanaged their funds and want players to pay for it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy