Who Is The Best RB Drafted in 2008?

most viewed right now
 41
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
NBA Dude looking like he might take something smh
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
NBA Luka Doncic at 17 DESTROYING Victor Oladipo and Westbrook AND OKC :mjdamn:
29 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Who you got?
Darren McFadden 44 19.73%
Jonathan Stewart 0 0%
Felix Jones 0 0%
Rashard Mendenhall 8 3.59%
Chris Johnson 29 13.00%
Matt Forte 37 16.59%
Ray Rice 83 37.22%
Jamaal Charles 20 8.97%
Peyton Hillis 2 0.90%
Voters: 223. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #121
torious 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$83,987 | Props total: 15464 15464
forte and rice
 6 years ago '04        #122
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,918 | Props total: 875 875
 eliwood said:
The ball is always in the quarterbacks hands. They are in complete control of the game, with audibles, read, check with mes, hot routes, and k!lls. A runningback conceivably gets 20 touches a game. A RB usually doesn't have the capacity to win you games.

Obviously he hasn't finished a season yet, but look at games as individual microcosms and you'll be hard pressed to find better displays than his games against the Broncos and Jags the season before this one.
It don't work that way chief. You can't be considered the best when you only have 2-3 nice games in a 16 game season. This is coming from a guy that played ball professionally over-seas. Give me a RB that gives me a c-note and 2TD's game in game out over a RB that rushes 200 yards twice then is shelved for the rest of the season. The whole what if don't work in real life so it sure isn't going to work on the football field.

 MY_name said:
/thread



Maybe the Raiders would win more games if they had a consistent, healthy back like Rice
Yep
 6 years ago '07        #123
kakish 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,255 | Props total: 2087 2087
McFadden easily imo...other are great but when McFadden is healthy i think he does everything better then em all.
 6 years ago '10        #124
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,241 | Props total: 18789 18789
Forte easily
 6 years ago '07        #125
kakish 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,255 | Props total: 2087 2087
 KeepinItTrill said:


who's a better RB than him when he's actually on the field

if somebody would have said "has to have a full season under his belt" then yea, I obviously wouldn't say sh*t about DMC. Who's more explosive than him? sure as hell aint Ray Rice...

only acceptable name to put over him is Peterson, has nothing to do with me being a Raider fan. If I thought somebody was better I'd say so. I don't do that homer sh*t
exactly...when it comes to whos the best will the ball in their hands its McFadden...dude is such a beast it's unbelievable.
 6 years ago '05        #126
dahabi 90 heat pts90 OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,858 | Props total: 1385 1385
you could fu*k around and say jamaal is more explosive and I wouldn't be mad at it...
 6 years ago '04        #127
yaobabydaddy 
space
avatar space
space
$4,577 | Props total: 673 673
matt forte..best all around back of the group
 6 years ago '07        #128
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$51,205 | Props total: 17947 17947
 yaobabydaddy said:
matt forte..best all around back of the group
no he's not...
 6 years ago '07        #129
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
There are so many would've, could've's in here.


Raiders fans, I'm sorry, but you can't show out for 4-5 games, then go down for 10, and expect people to say he is the best.

Rice
Forte
Charles/McFadden
 6 years ago '07        #130
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$51,205 | Props total: 17947 17947
 MythMade said:
There are so many would've, could've's in here.


Raiders fans, I'm sorry, but you can't show out for 4-5 games, then go down for 10, and expect people to say he is the best.

Rice
Forte
Charles/McFadden
so this is strictly off numbers? that's stupid

no RB in the league has the combo of speed-strength-finesse AND power moves that DMC has, dude can block and catch with the best of em too.
 6 years ago '04        #131
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$5,173 | Props total: 180 180
Forte

He was prolly the lowest pick of all mentioned.

But I'll take any of 'em besides Stewart, Mandenhall, & Felix.




  1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 225 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 6 years ago '07        #132
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 KeepinItTrill said:
so this is strictly off numbers? that's stupid

no RB in the league has the combo of speed-strength-finesse AND power moves that DMC has, dude can block and catch with the best of em too.

Let me ask you this


Would you rather have McFadden 4-7 games a season, or Rice for 15-16?

Durability is another trait you have to factor in to player's when comparing them.
 6 years ago '07        #133
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$51,205 | Props total: 17947 17947
 MythMade said:
Let me ask you this


Would you rather have McFadden 4-7 games a season, or Rice for 15-16?

Durability is another trait you have to factor in to player's when comparing them.
obviously Rice because of durability

but I thought this was about talent, not who has been the healthiest?

talent-wise, none of those dudes are fu*kin with Darren
 6 years ago '07        #134
kakish 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,255 | Props total: 2087 2087
 KeepinItTrill said:
obviously Rice because of durability

but I thought this was about talent, not who has been the healthiest?

talent-wise, none of those dudes are fu*kin with Darren
^this.

McFadden's bullies dudes when he's running like no one else cept AP
 6 years ago '07        #135
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
People say Ken Griffey Jr. COULD have been the GOAT, not that he IS the GOAT


Guess why?
 6 years ago '07        #136
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$51,205 | Props total: 17947 17947
 MythMade said:
People say Ken Griffey Jr. COULD have been the GOAT, not that he IS the GOAT


Guess why?
because he played for Cincinnati at one point
 6 years ago '07        #137
kakish 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,255 | Props total: 2087 2087
 MythMade said:
People say Ken Griffey Jr. COULD have been the GOAT, not that he IS the GOAT


Guess why?
That doesn't apply here because McFadden is only 24 and has his whole career ahead of him. If he keeps it up then you can say that, but as of now he hasn't even hit his prime yet.
 6 years ago '12        #138
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$47,051 | Props total: 1323 1323
 KeepinItTrill said:


who's a better RB than him when he's actually on the field

if somebody would have said "has to have a full season under his belt" then yea, I obviously wouldn't say sh*t about DMC. Who's more explosive than him? sure as hell aint Ray Rice...

only acceptable name to put over him is Peterson, has nothing to do with me being a Raider fan. If I thought somebody was better I'd say so. I don't do that homer sh*t



God this sh*t is just sickening to read.

What's funny is how there was once a time where Marion fu*king Barber was considered one of the best backs in the league.

My point? In order to be considered great, or the best you have to be ONE of the best on a consistent basis year in and year out.
 6 years ago '12        #139
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$47,051 | Props total: 1323 1323
 MythMade said:
People say Ken Griffey Jr. COULD have been the GOAT, not that he IS the GOAT


Guess why?
Terrible comparison. Griffey Jr dominated for YEARS.
 6 years ago '07        #140
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$51,205 | Props total: 17947 17947
 DoMieD said:


God this sh*t is just sickening to read.

What's funny is how there was once a time where Marion fu*king Barber was considered one of the best backs in the league.

My point? In order to be considered great, or the best you have to be ONE of the best on a consistent basis year in and year out.
Bo Jackson is considered one of the GOATs and he didn't play very long at all...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
117 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
89 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside amber gets gets answer she aint ready for
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
95 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
122 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside Cellphone Bill Secrets: How to Get a Better Plan (CBC Marketplace)
1 comments
1 day ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy