360 Battlefield 3 is 'Standard-Def' without Texture Pack

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 PR0TENTIAL said:
You can't lag switch/bridge host on 360 games, I don't know what kind of bullsh*t a.ss servers Sony has you playing on, but that's not surprising.

If you attempt to do that sh*t on Gears 3 (an example since it has dedi's), you get kicked off the servers and connected to a P2P room.

Wanna know why? 360 > PS3

We don't play with cheating fu*ks who do that in MP games.

How many people still playing k!llzone or SOCOM? Go ahead I'll wait.

[video - click to view]

Lag switching on Gears 3 (for Xbox 360) of course... and the first comment says the Dedicated Servers were down for the weekend but they weren't... and unlimited ammo on Gasp Gears 3...yah you 360 users don't play with cheaters... that's why NBA 2K11 on the 360 version ONLY had 9 foot MyPlayers and other hacks... yeah 360 users don't cheat... that's why JTag's even exist right? and before you say JTag's can't go online anymore...they USED to be be able too...there' are no JTag's Ps 3's...but it's cool man...I'm not dissing the 360... i'm just saying LAG SWITCHES DO exists even on dedicated servers AND on Gears 3...

and who cares how many people are still playing k!llzone or Socom? you said there weren't any PS 3 games that had Dedicated servers... I was simply letting you know there are games on the PS 3 that do have Dedi serevers...that's all
 6 years ago '11        #102
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
And DIO ethers pro. But DIO, i don't think uncharted 3 has dedicated servers, i could be wrong though.
 10-22-2011, 01:00 PM         #103
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:

Lag switching on Gears 3 (for Xbox 360) of course... and the first comment says the Dedicated Servers were down for the weekend but they weren't... and unlimited ammo on Gasp Gears 3...yah you 360 users don't play with cheaters... that's why NBA 2K11 on the 360 version ONLY had 9 foot MyPlayers and other hacks... yeah 360 users don't cheat... that's why JTag's even exist right? and before you say JTag's can't go online anymore...they USED to be be able too...there' are no JTag's Ps 3's...but it's cool man...I'm not dissing the 360... i'm just saying LAG SWITCHES DO exists even on dedicated servers AND on Gears 3...

and who cares how many people are still playing k!llzone or Socom? you said there weren't any PS 3 games that had Dedicated servers... I was simply letting you know there are games on the PS 3 that do have Dedi serevers...that's all

That's some crying a.ss kid who sucks at the game, did you not watch the video? There's a MUTATOR for unlocking infinite ammo, what do you think this weekend's event is?

Servers are up 98% of the time, he could of been in the minority of the 2% not being on the servers. It's not possible to lag switch on a dedicated server and if I need Joe Graf to tell you otherwise I will.

And yeah the servers were down during big head weekend because they were doing maintenance on them, there's even a tweet from Cliff and Rod about it.

Next?
 6 years ago '04        #104
space
space
 Jesszman said:
And DIO ethers pro. But DIO, i don't think uncharted 3 has dedicated servers, i could be wrong though.
I didn't Ether him, wasn't even trying too... I was just showing him that it is POSSIBLE to have Lag switching AND Dedicated servers...is it easy to pull off? no you can't abuse the swtich or you will get booted to P2P...but you CAN use them on Dedicated servers if you use them "smartly" for lack of a better word...

I asked ND on twitter this question Here is Naughty Dog's response:

"We're not going to have dedicated servers, made that decision long time ago + we built current player host-client architecture. Decision for that server architecture was to be better able to support our fans long-term if we can/want. The cost delta between dedicated & non-dedicated is huge long term. Eventually someone will say it costs too great + shut them down. My personal hope is that by keeping costs down + strong enough community, we could be in a position to consider 4+ yrs of uptime."
 10-22-2011, 01:01 PM         #105
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
Ethered? Hardly, I'm a 92 on Gears 3 and I play it every day, no offense to DIO but he has no idea what the fu*k he's talking about when it comes to Gears.

Stay in your lane you big lipped phaggot and talk only when being addressed.

How's that for ether?

10-22-2011, 01:03 PM         #106
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dedicated Server = A server that acts as host

If you lag switch, only YOURSELF would lag, it wouldn't affect the server since you are not host.

How is this hard to understand?
 6 years ago '04        #107
space
space
 PR0TENTIAL said:
That's some crying a.ss kid who sucks at the game, did you not watch the video? There's a MUTATOR for unlocking infinite ammo, what do you think this weekend's event is?

Servers are up 98% of the time, he could of been in the minority of the 2% not being on the servers. It's not possible to lag switch on a dedicated server and if I need Joe Graf to tell you otherwise I will.

And yeah the servers were down during big head weekend because they were doing maintenance on them, there's even a tweet from Cliff and Rod about it.

Next?
Last comment about this subject from me, I'm not going to argue about it with you... but think what you want... if you say you can't lag switch than fine you can't lag switch... you are right and I am wrong... I don't even care enough about it to even argue about it anymore...

whatever
 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM         #108
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Last comment about this subject from me, I'm not going to argue about it with you... but think what you want... if you say you can't lag switch than fine you can't lag switch... you are right and I am wrong... I don't even care enough about it to even argue about it anymore...

whatever
Read my above post as to why you are wrong.
 6 years ago '06        #109
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
How is 1.5 Gigs > 8 Gigs install, because it takes less time?

So less time and 6.5gigs of missing textures is better? Are really reaching that hard or really that stupid.
 10-22-2011, 01:15 PM         #110
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Gears 3 have dedicated servers for RANKED matches only?
 6 years ago '11        #111
space
space
space
the ps3 install is 2gb....
 6 years ago '11        #112
space
space
space
Yeah, gears 3 dedicated servers are only in ranked matches
 6 years ago '06        #113
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 PR0TENTIAL said:
You dumb phaggot, just because 1 guy on BX made a thread complaining doesn't mean sh*t. Post an article where "most" (since thats the word you want to use) couldn't run Gears 3 and I'll shut up.

Until then, you're a phaggot.

damn basically rendering the game useless

also, before we continue with this war (), i would like a thank you from u

if it werent for me making fun of u, u wouldve never broken out of ur serious all the time, cry baby whiny shell..it used to be impossible to see an attempted joking or funny post from u

..now i see u cracking jokes and having a bit of fun u little rascal..makes me proud *ruffles ur hair*

that's my boy
 6 years ago '08        #114
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 PR0TENTIAL said:
Ethered? Hardly, I'm a 92 on Gears 3 and I play it every day, no offense to DIO but he has no idea what the fu*k he's talking about when it comes to Gears.

Stay in your lane you big lipped phaggot and talk only when being addressed.

How's that for ether?

10-22-2011, 01:31 PM         #115
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DarkSidesHero said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Gears 3 have dedicated servers for RANKED matches only?
 Jesszman said:
Yeah, gears 3 dedicated servers are only in ranked matches

ALL Gears 3 versus options have dedicated servers.

Only campaign, horde and beast run on P2P.
 10-22-2011, 01:31 PM         #116
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:

So less time and 6.5gigs of missing textures is better? Are really reaching that hard or really that stupid.

8GB install is just to play the game, you have an additional 2 GB of texture install. That's 10GB total, understand now?
 10-22-2011, 01:34 PM         #117
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ The servers for Gears are based all over the world, there's some in eastern, western, central US, some in Japan, Europe, Australia, etc..
 10-22-2011, 01:36 PM         #118
fatboi1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know what, it doesn't matter if Gears 3 or whatever game has dedicated servers or not, the fanboy will not listen to it anyway and will be in denial.
 6 years ago '04        #119
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:

huh? 6.5 Gbs what?

It's 2gb on BOTH systems for JUST the texture pack bro...

Thanks to some retailers selling the game early, a couple of our readers have put their hands on a full retail copy of Battlefield 3 on the Xbox 360. While other reports have the PS3 version install clocking in at 2 GB, that is true and it is actually the same as the Xbox 360 HD-Pack. The PC version install size is actually smaller than that of the Xbox 360 and we even know the size of the day one title update.

Inside the Xbox 360 version are 2 discs, 1 for single player and the other for multiplayer.
MY wording in red... If you wish to install the entire game to your HDD on the 360 Than single player disc will install for 6.7 GB on your Xbox 360 Hard Drive, AND The multiplayer/co-op disc has an install size of 7.3 GB.

Also, the day one update is already live and will run you 167 MB.

This brings the total of the install on Xbox 360 to 15.5 GB which is actually 4 GB more than the PC version at 11.6 GB.

Last edited by Da Ill One; 10-22-2011 at 01:43 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #120
space
space
space
walter and pro stay trolling.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy