360 Battlefield 3 is 'Standard-Def' without Texture Pack

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
85 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Something u may have missed from tonights game
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron doing water bottle tricks on the Knicks
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #81
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,376 | Props total: 9 9
 dreblazin09 said:
You f*ckin clowns in here talkin all this shyt about battlefield on 360 because it has a optional install when the ps3 has the SAME install... only reason its optional on 360 is because not everyone has a hard drive .... Now b4 u go and call me a fanboy just know i own both systems and the ONLY reason my ps3 gets play is Uncharted and blu-rays...

Do some research..

don't let ur frustrations get the better of u and cause another embarrassing post

people are laughing at the fact that 360 needs this install to "kind of" come close to the ps3 version

and that's come close to the ps3 version without the extra texture pack..the ps3 with it is just gonna widen the gap even more

and that's coming from an unbiased source..I own both systems so that's proof I'm unbiased
 5 years ago '11        #82
DJ EM Double 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,395 | Props total: 2137 2137
 MumblesDaHumble said:
What was that other guy talking about the difference of 8.5 to 1.5 gigs?
Lots of PS3 games have a mandatory 8+ gb harddrive install because the Bluray drive spins slower than a DVD, this is the only way developers could make the game playable. Earlier game developers used to install the game multiple times on a single disc to help load times but they have recently settled on just doing the mandatory install
 10-21-2011, 08:53 PM         #83
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:

i also heard the xbox version only comes in a 4:3 aspect ratio..16:9 comes in a DLC later on

see now this n*gga be trollin,but atleast hes funny
 5 years ago '06        #85
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 MumblesDaHumble said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #86
Jesszman 2207 heat pts2207
space
space
space
$29,848 | Props total: 146 146
 chevyrida6 said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #87
Yinz N Burgh 110 heat pts110
space
space
$16,848 | Props total: 2615 2615
 chevyrida6 said:

[pic - click to view]

Oh no, a 3 minute download... what will we do??? Imagine how long the download would take on psn

3 minute download, two disk, and guaranteed lag free online experience >>>>>>>>> no download, one disk, lag fest.
 10-22-2011, 11:11 AM         #88
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
What are you laughing about Jizzman? PS3's is 8 GB you fu*king nerd.

1.5GB > 8GB

Get mad and go make a video to rant you big lipped pus*y.

fu*k you too coolio
 5 years ago '06        #89
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 WalterWhite said:
Oh no, a 3 minute download... what will we do??? Imagine how long the download would take on psn

3 minute download, two disk, and guaranteed lag free online experience >>>>>>>>> no download, one disk, lag fest.

now trying act like they're happier with 2 discs rather than one desperation overload

and did u just say a 3 minute download is better than no download? scrambling and flustered, u're starting to mix yourself up brah

PR0TENTIAL said:

fu*k you too coolio

10-22-2011, 11:18 AM         #90
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:
we arch rivals now muhfugga, watch yo back the rest of this gen cause this beef finna carry over to the next gen

xbox all day

xbox 4 life homeboy
 5 years ago '11        #91
Yinz N Burgh 110 heat pts110
space
space
$16,848 | Props total: 2615 2615
 coolio said:
now trying act like they're happier with 2 discs rather than one desperation overload

and did u just say a 3 minute download is better than no download? scrambling and flustered, u're starting to mix yourself up brah

Your reading comprehension is low... I said all factors considered, I rather have to download a texture pack and two disk if that means my online experience is lag free. But you purposely ignored the lag factor because you're playing on a lagstation.

Two disk really doesn't bother me for multiple reasons, I can sell the single player to somebody a week after I beat it for $20. It will probably make the multiplayer even better because it doesn't have to boot up all that single player bullsh*t. A 3 minute download doesn't mean sh*t as long as it's in the game right? But you ps stans want to cling on to petty bullsh*t because they know their online experience will suck

The game will drop and you will still be on here talking about this bullsh*t on some "how was that download" thinking you are funny but we will already be 5 games deep and met like 10 new people to squad up with. So I guess enjoy it while you can, this will be the highlight of your Battlefield 3 experience.
 10-22-2011, 11:34 AM         #92
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't worry Walter, they need to install their trophies too which takes 10 minutes.

Sony stay shafting their consumers with petty bullsh*t like that. Get your credit card ganked then when you come home with Uncharted you have to sit through a 45 minute install.

Where they do that?
 5 years ago '06        #93
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 WalterWhite said:
Your reading comprehension is low... I said all factors considered, I rather have to download a texture pack and two disk if that means my online experience is lag free. But you purposely ignored the lag factor because you're playing on a lagstation.

Two disk really doesn't bother me for multiple reasons, I can sell the single player to somebody a week after I beat it for $20. It will probably make the multiplayer even better because it doesn't have to boot up all that single player bullsh*t. A 3 minute download doesn't mean sh*t as long as it's in the game right? But you ps stans want to cling on to petty bullsh*t because they know their online experience will suck

The game will drop and you will still be on here talking about this bullsh*t on some "how was that download" thinking you are funny but we will already be 5 games deep and met like 10 new people to squad up with. So I guess enjoy it while you can, this will be the highlight of your Battlefield 3 experience.

this is just u defending something u're insecure about i dont know if u type this stuff hoping people are too dumb to see what u're really doing, but ok

also never experienced lag online, get better internet if u have and 2 discs is not better than one..simple as that..u can make up any excuse u want but it'll never change that fact

also talking about downloading something once as if its the end of the world cause u cant keep yourself occupied for a few minutes embarrassing to say the least

tl:dr cool story bro

PR0TENTIAL said:
we arch rivals now muhfugga, watch yo back the rest of this gen cause this beef finna carry over to the next gen

xbox all day

xbox 4 life homeboy

5 years ago '11        #94
Jesszman 2207 heat pts2207
space
space
space
$29,848 | Props total: 146 146
Wow, ya'll 360 n*ggas really graspin at straws. Uncharted 2 doesn't have an install time, idk about uncharted 1, you don't have to install trophies, what the install does is install resources to lower loading times. And Walter, the lag isn't because of the console itself, it's either your network, or the game's fault. I've played lag free matches across all of my games. Do i have lag sometimes? Yeah, but then it switches hosts and it goes back to smooth gameplay.

Really though, i thought we were past this whole "psn is laggy" bs, some of ya'll needa use common sense. I've played gears and had lag on there before too, that was the host's fault, not the console's.
 10-22-2011, 11:41 AM         #95
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
Wow, ya'll 360 n*ggas really graspin at straws. Uncharted 2 doesn't have an install time, idk about uncharted 1, you don't have to install trophies, what the install does is install resources to lower loading times. And Walter, the lag isn't because of the console itself, it's either your network, or the game's fault. I've played lag free matches across all of my games. Do i have lag sometimes? Yeah, but then it switches hosts and it goes back to smooth gameplay.

Really though, i thought we were past this whole "psn is laggy" bs, some of ya'll needa use common sense. I've played gears and had lag on there before too, that was the host's fault, not the console's.
You have to install trophies on Resistance 3 you lying clown.

Gears 3 has dedicated servers, you can't lag on those lying clown.

What PS3 game has dedicated servers? Don't worry.. I'll wait.

You're in denial Jizzman.
 10-22-2011, 12:03 PM         #96
fatboi1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PR0TENTIAL said:

Gears of war 3 occasionally isn't on dedicated servers. Sometimes I get lag on public matches where I see someone literally just skip frames to somewhere else. I'd say 90% of the time it's on dedicated servers. This is not a joke. I've experienced lag a lot on gears 3 sometimes.

Warhawk, Resistance 3, MAG, and probably a few more run on dedicated servers.

Also this BF3 install defending is abusrd. There is no way your trying to spin this as a win for xbox. I have both consoles and I bought my 360 used for Gears 3 during the beta and I never had a HD. I use a USB HD and it doesn't register as an official HD but as a MU. Now how can someone spin an "optional" HD texture install pack as a win when that means if you don't have a an Hard drive your basically playing the game on standard def??

You all can clown all you want but it's a fact that EVERY ps3 owner will be playing the game the way it was meant to be. I doubt anyone on here with a hard drive on the 360 will NOT install the texture pack to pretend it isn't needed. What fukking planet are you living on? Why do you even own an HDTV?? You xbots really tryna tell me you won't install it? Forget the "bu bu but it's 8gigz on the psh1ttyy!!", it's mandatory that the game will look excellent on the ps3 while it's optional that the 360 version will be optionally good looking if you own a hard drive?? What kind of fukkery is you guys talking about?? Not to mention its two discs?? So for me I'd have to cop a hard drive and use two discs to switch back and forth between campaign and MP?? On ps3 I get one disc that does it all. Fukk what you heard BF3 PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>360 and I'm trying to be as honest as I can be. No matter your opinion the facts shows that one bluray discs with all the content on there with mandatory install>>>>>>>>>>>two discs 360 version with optional hd textures. I doubt anyone is going to skip the install for the 360 version. Sad thing is some joe blow won't even know about this.

Last edited by fatboi1; 10-22-2011 at 12:09 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #97
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 PR0TENTIAL said:

GOW3 also cant be played on most xboxes..imma just wait for walter to tell me how freezing and overheating consoles is a pro now
 5 years ago '04        #98
Da Ill One|M 4592 heat pts4592
space
space
$45,344 | Props total: 4533 4533
 PR0TENTIAL said:

To be fair he said he's had lag in Gears he never said which one...

you can lag on Dedicated servers, AND there is also something called lag switches or lag bridges that some people have and use to give themselves advantages in games even when they aren't host... ask Johnson barnes about it...he will deny it but he has and uses a lag switch when he plays NBA 2K12...

and ALL SONY first party games have dedicated servers and a few thrid party games like BFBC 2, MAG, SOCOM 4, Resistance 1 - 3 all have/had Dedicated servers, Unreal Tournament 3 has dedicated servers on the PS 3... there's a few more actually...

and to get on topic, it's cool BF 3 has this "option" to put the game with better graphics...that way people with the ability too cna play it like it's meant to be played...

Last edited by Da Ill One; 10-22-2011 at 12:28 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #99
Da Ill One|M 4592 heat pts4592
space
space
$45,344 | Props total: 4533 4533
 coolio said:
GOW3 also cant be played on most xboxes..imma just wait for walter to tell me how freezing and overheating consoles is a pro now
You act like LA Noire wasn't giving PS 3's a hard time man... It's cool you LOVE the PS 3 more than you love pus*y... but damn be fair about sh*t...

I have a console preference as well (like everyone does), but Sony/PS 3 fu*ks up as well...
 10-22-2011, 12:28 PM         #100
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
To be fair he said he's had lag in Gears he never said which one...

you can lag on Dedicated servers, AND to be fair there is also something called lag switches or lag bridges that some people have and use to give themselves advantages in games even when they aren't host... ask Johnson barnes about it...he will deny it but he has and uses a lag switch when he plays NBA 2K12...

and ALL SONY first party games have dedicated servers and a few thrid party games like BFBC 2, MAG, SOCOM 4, Resistance 1 - 3 all have/had Dedicated servers, Unreal Tournament 3 has dedicated servers on the PS 3... there's a few more actually...

and to get on topic, it's cool BF 3 has this "option" to put the game with better graphics...that way people with the ability too cna play it like it's meant to be played...
It's NOT possible to bridge host/lag switch on dedicated servers, that's the whole point of having them.

Where do you pull some of this nonsense from?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
275 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
127 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
71 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
111 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
75 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 6 - 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Se..
125 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy