360 Battlefield 3 is 'Standard-Def' without Texture Pack

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
72 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
94 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
83 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
6795 pageviews
198 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
360 Battlefield 3 is 'Standard-Def' without Texture Pack

As previously reported, the 360 version of Battlefield 3 will ship with an additional DVD containing a texture pack for optional installation to the 360's hard-drive. These high-definition textures will be streamed from the hard-drive during the game to enhance DICE's visual representation of its own take on modern warfare.

The original story raised a number of questions concerning a possible disparity between the different versions of Battlefield 3 and so at this week's EA showcase in London, Gamerzines asked executive producer, Patrick Bach, to clarify the purpose of the optional texture pack.

"There's nothing magic about it," explained Bach. "It's the same thing we do for PC and PS3, so there's nothing extra."
"I think the controversy about this is that we actually let you do it on 360 for once. So what it does is it gives you the same abilities, kind of, as the PC and PS3. You can actually stream information from the hard drive.

"That's new for Xbox 360, but it's not a new idea for the gaming industry as a whole. No one has really tried to do it properly, so us doing it will create question marks."

Bach was insistent that the optional install is most definitely worth it, though was unable to state exactly how much HDD space the textures will require.

"It does make a difference, yes, absolutely. The whole engine is based around streaming textures, streaming terrain and a lot of other content.

"The thing with the 360 is that you need to be able to give consumers a game where you don't have to install it on a hard drive, because there are 360s without a hard drive. So we need to give you the option of installing it, rather than just demanding it. You could call it a 'standard-def' version for the 360 if you don't have a hard-drive."

It seems, then, that the optional nature of the texture pack is simply to negotiate the potential issue of some 360 owners being unable to install it due to the console's proprietary HDD add-on. It's likely, however, that if you're purchasing BF3 you're going to want to ensure you have the HDD space to be able to play the game in all its HD-glory.

"We're really trying to push the limits of what we can do on the consoles and the PC. Our goal is to see how we can utilise as many of the systems that you actually have in your machine that some people haven't utilised before. Some (developers) just do it like, if it doesn't fit into memory we just make a lesser game. We don't do that. For us, it's about how we can give you the most game ever even though the hardware is over five years old."

Battlefield 3 launches on PS3, 360 and PC Tuesday October 25 in the US and Friday October 28 in Europe.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://xbox360.ign.com/ar .. 1210229p1.html
ya'll better free up some space on your hdd.

198 comments for "360 Battlefield 3 is 'Standard-Def' without Texture Pack"

6 years ago '06        #2
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
"I think the controversy about this is that we actually let you do it on 360 for once. So what it does is it gives you the same abilities, kind of, as the PC and PS3.
 10-20-2011, 04:47 PM         #3
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Already posted awhile ago Jizzman.
 6 years ago '06        #4
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
So what it does is it gives you the same abilities, kind of, as the PC and PS3.
That's new for Xbox 360, but it's not a new idea for the gaming industry as a whole.
you don't have to install it on a hard drive, because there are 360s without a hard drive.

6 years ago '06        #5
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
Seems like a pretty mandatory install to me
 6 years ago '06        #6
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
Seems like a pretty mandatory install to me

i can see protential forcing himself not to install this, just to say he didnt have to install anything
 6 years ago '06        #7
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 coolio said:
i can see protential forcing himself not to install this, just to say he didnt have to install anything

[pic - click to view]

10-20-2011, 05:01 PM         #8
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gaystation groupies loving the fact the 360 is forced to a mandatory install for once that will take 5 minutes.

Don't worry I'll be halfway done with the game by the time you see the main menu.

6 years ago '11        #9
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
 coolio said:

Pro,where is the thread?
 10-20-2011, 05:05 PM         #10
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:

Pro,where is the thread?

What you posted is just a different article on the same sh*t.

When you are doing your mandatory install you can read that entire thread, take a shower, eat dinner, jerk off a few times, watch a movie, take a nap, wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, come back and maybe it will be done installing.

6 years ago '06        #11
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 PR0TENTIAL said:
Gaystation groupies loving the fact the 360 is forced to a mandatory install for once that will take 5 minutes.

Don't worry I'll be halfway done with the game by the time you see the main menu.

and it'll still look sh*ttier than it will on the ps3

@ needing extra installs just to come close to the ps3

i wonder if the texture pack will need it's own disc as well
 6 years ago '11        #12
space
space
space
 PR0TENTIAL said:

What you posted is just a different article on the same sh*t.

When you are doing your mandatory install you can read that entire thread, take a shower, eat dinner, jerk off a few times, watch a movie, take a nap, wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, come back and maybe it will be done installing.

this article further elaborates upon the issue, its not the same, ign's not that stupid
 6 years ago '11        #13
space
space
space
 WalterWhite said:
Coolio will already have been kicked out of 3 games and had to restart his noonlineplaystation by the time we are done
psn is up.....

mumbles stay trollin
 6 years ago '10        #14
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
another one of these threads huh
 6 years ago '07        #15
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15065 15065
 duval88 said:
another one of these threads huh
too much nerdy sh*t going on in here
 6 years ago '06        #16
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 WalterWhite said:
Coolio will already have been kicked out of 3 games and had to restart his noonlineplaystation by the time we are done

[pic - click to view]

this news has them so flustered they're desperately trying to make things up now, looking at their screens like

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #17
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13748 13748
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Kind of how they do it on the PC PS3 you fu*king idiots.

BF3 Beta looked better On the 360......... sad..........
 6 years ago '04        #18
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
Who cares if you dont have a hard drive ur taking L's.
 6 years ago '06        #19
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 Y.G. said:

and from another site

Xbox 360
Alas, itís the weakest of the bunch. That isnít to say it doesnít look nice. Even on Xbox 360, the Frostbite 2.0 tech is strong. Unfortunately, there was some noticeable framerate stuttering in larger outdoor areas during my time with the game. Thatís the biggest hurdle Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 will have to overcome before release, lest it be a little annoying.

Lighting and shadows, as well as reflections, are decent but not quite as strong as the PlayStation 3′s, and nowhere near the level of the PC. Thereís some foliage pop-in as well, along the lines of that in the PS3 version. Interestingly, texture pop-in seemed to be almost entirely absent, although said textures are markedly lower-res Ė disappointingly blurry when up close, in fact.

So there we go! This is, of course, an unfinished build of the game, so these things may change before release. Watch out for our full hands-on Battlefield 3 preview in the coming days. And in the meantime, make sure youíre following all the latest Battlefield 3 news right here at BeefJack!

6 years ago '06        #20
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
being the unbiased voice of reason of the BXGS , i can say that, in my most unbiased opinion, xbox fanboys are sitting at their computers right now listening to "Adele - Someone like you" as tears run down their faces

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy