Lupe Fiasco - Light Work [First Single Off Friend Of The People]

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
Yung C 
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 33 33
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
You could edit it in Itunes if it's that much of a problem, but it wouldn't make any sense seeing how it's a sample from the song she's featured in but ok.

And goddamn every-time I listen to this it gets better & better.
I hear you but.. but after that... he goes the fu*k IN!! all the people saying this is wack are not HEARING this!

ayo, B. This n*gga dissed his whole situation, and whole hiphop/black mainstream culture.. ..

He just said everything us hiphop heads been saying, directly to these n*ggas....

its ON!
 10-21-2011, 12:30 AM         #142
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Restraining from my complaints on the cliche hook/beat... Lupe just sounded uninspired. Not at all excited for this tape
 10-21-2011, 12:33 AM         #143
mikeyajeto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
lol I know right song is just wow...
I listen to the OG Ellie Goulding song every now and then, so this sh*t is just fu*king piff to me.
 6 years ago '04        #144
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,426 | Props total: 13091 13091
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
lol I know right song is just wow...

Oh sh*t..shots fired
What's up my brotha.

It's nothing person... if people don't like it--they don't like it. But before everyone starts calling it trash, etc (and not just this song... people do this with CDs, videos, movies, etc, etc). Listen... chill... then post. It's like people can't wait to post sh*t, or be the first person to respond to something. It's wild to me.
 6 years ago '04        #145
octane 
space
space
$3,855 | Props total: 651 651
you guys are stupid. This is ill!!!!
 6 years ago '05        #146
ilikefattygirlz 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,261 | Props total: 0 0
 Lupe Hunter said:

[pic - click to view]

Really..........REALLY???!??!?
 6 years ago '10        #147
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 Ra-da-god said:
so noone.actually listened to what he was saying? sh*t was dope and what was wrong with the beat?

fu*k what n*ggas on here talking bout.
People keep saying this sh*t but there's silence when we ask about what he's saying that is so special.

Personally I'm not impressed by his lyrics and lackluster flow. I also want to hear him on an actual hip hop beat. The original song and the remix are dope but lupe sounds so uninspired.

It boggles my mind that people keep defending his subpar music.
 6 years ago '04        #148
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,902 | Props total: 2583 2583
this beat is great...but i agree lupe sounds bored on this...and im a lupe stan
 6 years ago '05        #149
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,084 | Props total: 223 223
, he jumped on the dubstep sh*t. cmon man. i know lupe can do better.

hip hop artists jumpin on somebody else's bandwagon...total irony
 6 years ago '05        #150
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,881 | Props total: 5687 5687
fu*kin horrible mainstream dubstep isnt even dubstep
 6 years ago '04        #151
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 trex said:
People keep saying this sh*t but there's silence when we ask about what he's saying that is so special.

Personally I'm not impressed by his lyrics and lackluster flow. I also want to hear him on an actual hip hop beat. The original song and the remix are dope but lupe sounds so uninspired.

I said what I said in relation to a idiot that said he's a sellout infact a few people said it in regard to this song......

How is he a sellout when HE STILL SAYING THE SAME sh*t HE BEEN SAYING? also I see "Average" thrown around alot, average in comparison to what? what mainstream rapper is rapping at lupe's level right now besides j.cole?
 6 years ago '11        #152
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
the whole point of the mixtape is a forgiveness to his core fanbase for making lasers

not CONTINUING the pop sh*t.

lasers is absolute trash, lupe would be denouncing it too still if the album did flop.

so continuing the sound the label "Forced" him to make by using it as your first single for a free mixtape...how is that logical

Last edited by spittapilottalk; 10-21-2011 at 08:41 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #153
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,486 | Props total: 735 735
crack

lu back fk the haters
 6 years ago '10        #154
justakidd 63 heat pts63 OP
space
space
$1,206 | Props total: 149 149
 trex said:

I don't think people get what the title of this song even means. Its called "LightWork" There's a double meaning behind it I believe. Doing this song to him is just easy and the fact that the song he is sampling is called "Lights"

But besides that, how is this not a hot topic yet tho
 6 years ago '04        #155
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 SkateboardT said:
he aint sayin the same old sh*t...its the same old sh*t he said on lasers maybe.

but this? this is NOTHING like the cool, let alone F&L or ANY of the farenheit mixtapes. Its a damn shame, he is selling out, because his beats are made by fu*king cane instead of unkle and his lyrical content is watered down and so broadly acceptable that it doesn't matter what he's saying it can be taken as a metaphor for fu*king anything, girls, parents, boys, government, whoever listens is gonna hear what they wanna hear.
GTFO with that Words I never said is literal as fu*k, so is most of whats on Lasers and Yes he is Talking about the same subjects he's talked about on the cool and Food & liquor they are just not as lyrical but to fair from the very beginning he said he wanted to make a album that didn't go over n*ggas heads and still retain the positive message he was trying to get across and that was before he came out about his struggle with atlantic for creative control.......

you n*ggas just use terms like "Sell out" out of context because a artist is doing something you dont want them to do, no different than mainstream zombies use of the word "hater"

he would be selling out if he was betraying his faith, principles and overall message in his music he hasn't done that you n*ggas are griping about production he had virtually no control over that on lasers.......

now if you don't fu*k with this song lyrically I'll give you that I can respect your opinion but that doesn't constitute him selling out he even said on this joint "I will never mislead the youth" just like he been saying since he came out now show me where he's doing that and I'll entertain your sellout argument.......
 6 years ago '10        #156
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 justakidd said:
I don't think people get what the title of this song even means. Its called "LightWork" There's a double meaning behind it I believe. Doing this song to him is just easy and the fact that the song he is sampling is called "Lights"

But besides that, how is this not a hot topic yet tho
What does that have to do with my comment?

We really satisfied with lupe putting no effort into his music?

If you're trying to treat the title as a double entendre, wouldn't you expect a k!ller song that he's jokingly referring to as being too easy to make?

Maybe I'm missing something
 10-21-2011, 09:32 AM         #157
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that n*gga Lupe got busy...i don't give a fu*k if the beat is some Sonic the Hedgehog sh*t. he got off
 10-21-2011, 09:37 AM         #158
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
GTFO with that Words I never said is literal as fu*k, so is most of whats on Lasers and Yes he is Talking about the same subjects he's talked about on the cool and Food & liquor they are just not as lyrical but to fair from the very beginning he said he wanted to make a album that didn't go over n*ggas heads and still retain the positive message he was trying to get across and that was before he came out about his struggle with atlantic for creative control.......

you n*ggas just use terms like "Sell out" out of context because a artist is doing something you dont want them to do, no different than mainstream zombies use of the word "hater"

he would be selling out if he was betraying his faith, principles and overall message in his music he hasn't done that you n*ggas are griping about production he had virtually no control over that on lasers.......

now if you don't fu*k with this song lyrically I'll give you that I can respect your opinion but that doesn't constitute him selling out he even said on this joint "I will never mislead the youth" just like he been saying since he came out now show me where he's doing that and I'll entertain your sellout argument.......
this. n*ggas be thinking they get to direct cats' careers because they like their music
 6 years ago '04        #159
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 YoungGQ said:
this. n*ggas be thinking they get to direct cats' careers because they like their music
true dat its like that n*gga Wale said fans wanna be A&R's in the world's record label instead of just appreciating the music
 10-21-2011, 09:44 AM         #160
mikeyajeto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's a reason this isn't going to be on his album. This is a free fu*king mixtape. I like this (and the OG song, "Lights") but I'm sure the next single will be less poppy. I'm fine with this though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
219 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy