Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Today's world summed up in one picture
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
126 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-23-2005, 08:54 PM         #1
6949 pageviews
16 comments

Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NEW Daz Interview...Dissies Guerilla Black & Eazy E's son Lil Eazy

Since releasing R.A.W. in 1999, Daz has marketed, packaged, and eaten quite well off of controversy. While 50 Cent and Ja Rule have done it on a grander scale, few weeks have gone by without a verse from Daz hitting albums, mixtapes, and websites with disses to Kurupt, Suge Knight, Jayo Felony, Yukmouth, and oodles of others.
But amidst the trend, Daz was at one-time, one of the top producers in the industry. His lone major label solo, Revenge, Retaliation, and Get Back was a classic in many criticís ears. Before the marketing machine, Daz was much more of a music man.
AllHipHop.com explores some of these themes with tough questions, as Daz incorporates his dirty laundry into the answers. In the end, 2005 promises to be a pleasure to all of Dazís fans, and Daz intends to please them with different albums. From his new home in Atlanta, Daz tells gives you all the juice, enjoy.

AllHipHop.com: From the gate, thereís been criticism and acclaim for your bulk of softer tracks on the Dogg Pound Gangsta LP. Why the switch?

Daz: Yeah, Iím doing it for the ladies. I got the Gís and all that, but Iím tired of all the [regular material].

AllHipHop.com: Well, one of the biggest solo songs you ever did was, ďIt Might Sound CrazyĒ, so this might be a return to better quality music.

Daz: Iím just trying to put a lot of music together. As far as what I put together in those early times, I was living in L.A. Itís just been a lot of drama, and constantly moving. Out here in the South, I got a lot to think about. I keep to myself. I got a lot of time.

AllHipHop.com: Youíre living full time in Atlanta now?

Daz: Yeah, I live here full-time now. I be on the West coast though, all over, from Miami to St. Louis to Arkansas.

AllHipHop.com: Youíve always been a bit of a nomad. What was the hardest transition of the permanent move?

Daz: Finding a bud spot.

AllHipHop.com: Are you a Falcons fan now, or what?

Daz: Yeah, Iím going to [The Rams vs. Falcons] game with Ms. Tina [Jermaine Dupriís mother]. Playoffs baby!

AllHipHop.com: Speaking of Dupri, what is Jermaineís response to the fact that youíre releasing an independent album shortly before the So So Def album?

Daz: He didnít really want me to do it, but I did it anyway, you know? He ainít trippiní, he wanna keep doiní what we doiní. We got a plan to get money at a time when I need it, man.

AllHipHop.com: Understood. But as albums, how is the musical texture different?

Daz: The [Dogg Pound Gangsta] LP, I made that all by myself. The album I do with Jermaine, Iím making the beats and Iím bringiní it to him and have him tell me yay and nay.

AllHipHop.com: When was the last time you had a serious A&R or person tell you that doing quality control, was it Dre?

Daz: Dr. Dre or Snoop. Anything that beat in the trunk, Iím with. Right now, I just finished Gangsta Crunk Ė ten songs, all Crunk music. The album now is strictly for the West. This Crunk album is strictly for the South. Then, Iím bout to go to New York and do an East coast album. Iím gonna drop three independent albums before I drop this major label thing.

AllHipHop.com: So the So So Def project isnít coming as soon as we thought?

Daz: Nah, itís waiting on Jermaine to sign his deal today. He signed a deal. I donít know who he signed with, everything be a secret over there.

AllHipHop.com: Youíve got two allusions on your album to N.W.A. with ďBoyz Ní Tha HoodĒ and ďFucc Tha PoliceĒÖ

Daz: N.W.A. played into as far as me growing up. I looked up to Eazy, Dre, Ice Cube, all of them. Everybody say I sound like Ice Cube. I got respect for Ďem to the fullest.

AllHipHop.com: No disrespect to The Game, but youíre somebody whoís coming on an indie scheme. N.W.A. was about selling out the trunk. Today, thirteen years later, it wouldnít surprise me to see you doing that.

Daz: Iím still slanginí my records!

AllHipHop.com: Revenge, Retaliation, and Get Back is largely considered a classic album. As you release these indies at fast pace, do you miss the acclaim of your more artisticly perceived albums?

Daz: Those days are coming back with So So Def. But as far as me just putting records out, they still get out there everywhere.

AllHipHop.com: You were pretty pioneer in being gangsta in your art. How have you taken to the East coast derivative of Camíron and The Diplomats applying that same imagery and attitude to their art?

Daz: Hey, I just say, code of the street Ė they got to handle it. When they walk outside they house, you donít know if you gonna get your head blown off or whatever. ĎCause I know when they come to California, itís different. On the East coast, they banginí and everything, and I respect they gangsta. Everybody banginí. I was just in Dallas, I walked in a house, there was AKís pointed at the door. Itís an image that they trying to project, that they wasnít projecting back in the day. I done had Jim Jones in my house getting tattoos and all that stuff. I didnít hear him say Blood or none of that one time. Jim Jones, he donít even say nothiní to me now, trying to take that Blood stuff to the [next level.] If I was really just trippiní, Iíd start trippiní- just handle it.

AllHipHop.com: Tell me about this DVD, "DPG Eulogy," thatís a rather serious title.

Daz: Everybody used to be in the Dogg Pound, and everybody broke up. So everybody telliní they story, as far as Kurupt and all that. We put that out in March.

AllHipHop.com: Iím really tired of the Kurupt questions and answers you get. But one quick thing. VH1 made this film, "Playíd: A Hip-Hop Story." The storyline traced the feud between a duo, and Faizon Love did his Suge Knight impersonation. As the root of that, how do you think the media has perceived whatís really gone on with you?

Daz: I had liked that movie, it was real. But the perception of me and Kurupt, thereís been a lot of backstabbing, a lot of homies have been shot, beat up. He runnin with Suge, and Suge is settiní up n***as and doiní all that stuff, and Kurupt right there with him. Ainít coming back and trying to be friends. I couldnít do no records knowing he probably could switch on me like he did. After people dying, ainít no coming back from that. We had our great times. Itís over. Petey Pabloís chain bigger than his! (laughter)

AllHipHop.com: It seems like this past year, youíve gotten back into production. What prompted this?

Daz: I been producing for Youngbloodz, T.I., just moving! People wasnít working with me Ďcause the money. When I sell a beat, I get that up-front money, then that back-end money. But that back-end money be slow with these big companies. I really just stopped making beats for everybody else and stayed making Ďem for myself.

AllHipHop.com: Now that youíve relocated to Atlanta, have you found itís hard to manage the many other artists you were putting out like Soopafly and Lilí C Style and their work?

Daz: I stopped doing that. Thereís a lot of attitude with people, and theyíre not out there promoting the record, so the records donít sell. I spent a lot of money on putting the record together, posters, doing all that, and they donít look at the money I put, but want money back. I break Ďem off. But after I break Ďem off with that ten thou. But as far as puttiní people out, Iím tired of that. Iím just putting myself out.

AllHipHop.com: There was talk, when you say Ďeulogyí, or you, Soopafly, and Snoop dropping something as the new Dogg Pound. What ever came of that?

Daz: D.P.G.C., yeah thatís still in the works. Soopafly gonna come with his album, then we do that.

AllHipHop.com: Weíre quickly approaching ten years since Eazy-E passed away. Before he was diagnosed, it was you who rhymed about him having AIDs. Were you ever able to be cool with Eazy, and if not, what can be said now?

Daz: (silence) It was at that time of the beefiní and all that. Eazy was at one show in L.A. when I was on death Row and he was Ruthless, and he said, ĎWhatís up Daz?í I was young then. I [worked with his son], Lilí Eazy. Now he saying he didnít have nothing to do with us. Iím the one who brought him out first, and put him in the magazine! Really, Iím just saying f**k Lilí Eazy, I donít like his a.ss for that comment anyway! He doing his thing, Iím doing mine. I tried to help him out, and now he saying he wasnít affiliated. He was riding around in our vans with my [crew]. Now he signed with Pete Farmer (Virgin Executive) and wackass Guerilla Black.

AllHipHop.com: Youíre not a fan of Guerilla Black?

Daz: Hell nah! I did a song with him. They put the song on a mixtape. Iím lookiní for my money because they shouldnít have put that song on the mixtape if they didnít pay for it. Hey man, f**k Guerilla Black, Pete Farmer, and Lilí Eazy. Itís Crip, point blank. They want to handle it, handle it. Lilí Eazy snitched on one of my homeboys from Insane [Crips], and now he doiní life. So put it out there, he a snitch!

Daz is currently going on tour with Snoop Dogg. Dogg Pound Gangsta is out now.

16 comments for "NEW Daz Interview...Dissies Guerilla Black & Eazy E's son Lil Eazy"

01-23-2005, 09:13 PM         #2
layziechyld 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
interestin' interview
 12 years ago '05        #3
Apollo Treed 300 heat pts300
space
space
$3,331 | Props total: 9409 9409
Lol, Daz is a funny n*gga.
 01-23-2005, 09:26 PM         #4
greeNNugget 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice, thanks for this...
 12 years ago '04        #5
DBlockinemOut 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,257 | Props total: 10 10
damn daz just pulled lil e's card

and

fu*k guerilla wack
 12 years ago '04        #6
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
$15,603 | Props total: 571 571
fake a.ss jim jones
 12 years ago '04        #7
~G~ 
space
space
$13,747 | Props total: 1 1
Too much slow sh*t on his new album...
 01-23-2005, 10:08 PM         #8
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
fake a.ss jim jones
wtf???
 12 years ago '04        #9
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
 Graphic said:
wtf???
jim jones claimin he a hard a.ss blood gangsta and he up in daz's house with no blood talk whatsoever...daz said he would handle him
 01-23-2005, 11:10 PM         #10
seeyoubreezn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does anyone remember what magazine that article was in about Lil' Eazy and Daz. I want to say murder Dog. Does anyone know?
 01-23-2005, 11:52 PM         #11
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
jim jones claimin he a hard a.ss blood gangsta and he up in daz's house with no blood talk whatsoever...daz said he would handle him
Snoop Was An Artist 4 Suge. Game Idolizes Snoop. So Whats Ur Point?
 12 years ago '04        #12
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
 billieskeet said:
Snoop Was An Artist 4 Suge. Game Idolizes Snoop. So Whats Ur Point?
They from the west..they worked together...their shouldnt be no bloodz and cripz in New York...I can c theirs some serious Jim Jones fans on here.
 12 years ago '04        #13
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
 MVPlaya said:
smh

i cant stand n*ggas who think crips and bloods automatically gotta hate eachother...ignorant n*gga....dont speak on sh*t you dont know about, yall n*ggas watch too much movies and sh*t....
DId you read what Daz fu*kin wrote you dumbass...HE checkin Jim in the interview....you think thats a compliment?What the fu*k you talkin bout?

"I done had Jim Jones in my house getting tattoos and all that stuff. I didnít hear him say Blood or none of that one time. Jim Jones, he donít even say nothiní to me now, trying to take that Blood stuff to the [next level.] If I was really just trippiní, Iíd start trippiní- just handle it."

Last edited by persuazion; 01-24-2005 at 12:04 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #14
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
yeah aight....Daz made up Jim Jones goin to his house and gettin tatted up....for a dude that got a west coast avy...you ridin dipset kinda hard....and I called him fake cuz he alwayz sayin "fu*k you if you dont like me, the new black panthers,bird gang,I dont compromise myself for nobody"but then he gonna watch what he say round Daz....
 12 years ago '04        #15
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
 MVPlaya said:
lol @ they from the west...the fu*k that gotta do with anything, that make it even more unrealistic considering daz claim he a crip, jones claim he a blood, one from the east, one from the west, they never worked together, yet n*gga chillin in daz crib and 'never said a word' to him after that...n*gga make up stories like this all the time, its nothin....
Jim Jones bangs on the low...only when other Bloodz around do he really bang hard...Snoop,Suge,Game...all know each other from business so they had to accept each other...plus they got that west connection...you think a cali crip really gives a fu*k about a New York wannabe blood...but whatever man..I think its a true story,but I cant stand Jim Jones non rappin a.ss anyway but who knows..
 12 years ago '04        #16
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
^^ah fu*k it...its late and Ima give you propz on not givin hate like these other people do and discussin it like a man..
 01-24-2005, 12:50 AM         #17
Phil*My*Agony 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MVPlaya u see this n*gga daz posting bullsh*t?????

wtf????

*BUMPS JAYO FELONY*

DAZ IZ DEAD

ILL BE POSTING JAYO FELONY - BEFORE YOU RESPOND *NEW DAISY DILLINGER DISS*

MAN.....BENZINO, DAZ AND ASHLEY SIMPSON NEED TO MAKE A GROUP....THEY ALL SUCK....IM COOL ON MY "GAME DISLIKE ISSUE"......THESE 3 fu*kING SUCK

Last edited by Phil*My*Agony; 01-24-2005 at 01:05 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
107 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
99 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
175 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
105 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
55 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy