most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
120 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

whose better in 2011
Eminem 84 64.62%
Jay-Z 46 35.38%
Voters: 130. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #201
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,756 | Props total: 9000 9000
14 pages of people agreeign that em > jay.

damn new found respect for boxden
 6 years ago '11        #202
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1192 1192
After reading a few pages of this thread i've come to the conclusion that if you don't agree with someone else's opinion you have bad taste in music and if you stick up for a rapper then you're automatically a stan.
 10-22-2011, 12:59 AM         #203
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
1) He doesn't NEED to rap like him. I didn't mean it in terms of style, I meant it in terms of skill. And yes Em, and pretty much everyone else including my grandma, CAN rap like Jay with his basic morse code (in bursts/stop and go) ABC rhyme scheme style. Not impressed. Jay's raps are more karaoke-friendly. Nuff said.

2) With songs like 3AM/Insane/Bagpipes From Baghdad and obviously doing alot of the album with that "accent," I don't see how you can say it WASN'T a risk-taking and darker album. With it he left some of his fan base in the dark, which makes it obvious he took it to another extreme. FACT.

3) You're right about Jay never doing anything "unjust" (injustice in rap? no way) so I can't hold that against him, but I can use it to back up my point about Em making BOLD moves and, again, taking stands/risks. Why hasn't this happened to Jay? As 50 said, he always plays it safe. I'm taking your blindfold off, man. Thank me.

4)
[pic - click to view]

5) Stop playing dumb. I never mentioned that cypher. Jay only cares about himself. Do I really need to bring up all the bullsh*t Jay pulled on other people/artists? Em raised and brought forth artists like Obie, D12, 50 Cent, made tracks with local artists like Trick Trick, is pushing Royce, Slaughterhouse, and Yellawolf instead of bathing in his money and bragging about it like Jay. Nas doesn't count. He's somewhat irrelevant and isn't the superstar that both Jay/Em are, so he can't make the big moves and push artists like those 2 can. Jay has brought us who? Rihanna? Willow Smith? Like I've said, Em = rap. Jay = hip POP. It's all in front of your face.

As for what other qualities Em has over Jay, for starters, try: a crisper delivery and not running out of breath during a live performance sounding like he needs a fu*kin inhaler. Anyway, these are all points I'm using. My reasons are never "Jay sucks, Em rulez" so if you're gonna bi*ch about what I wrote, come at me with points, kiddies.
oh god, i was almost thinking about giving this a dignified response then read it again and realized how terrible of a stan you are i'm done with this thread, its impossible to get an unbiased post from the Em stans on this site
 6 years ago '06        #204
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
 Karamu said:
oh god, i was almost thinking about giving this a dignified response then read it again and realized how terrible of a stan you are i'm done with this thread, its impossible to get an unbiased post from the Em stans on this site
You asked, I answered. Just say my arguments intimidated you and you had no real response and I'll have more respect for you.
 10-22-2011, 10:04 PM         #205
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
You asked, I answered. Just say my arguments intimidated you and you had no real response and I'll have more respect for you.
Your right, I have no real response for something as unbiased as your grandma can rap like Jay-Z. I'm sure she can can mimic his "ABC Rhyme Scheme" with rhyming as simple as

"I'm a hustler homie, your a customer crony
Got some dirt on my shoulder, could you dust it off for me?"

Is the only Jay album you've listened to The Blueprint 3? Jay's no slouch in technical lyricism. Em just specializing in it, while Jay specializes in metaphoric/wordplay based lines.

Also, i fail to see your point, what exactly seperates promoting a song like 3 AM from Just Don't Give A fu*k? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy more than sh*t like Lighters but how is he taking a risk with it? Are those not the songs that made him the superstar he is today?

Okay you have a point, Jay-Z has never made a bold move in his career. Especially with all these autotune cats getting shine as well as T-Pain still being relevant and all, if only he made a song standing against autotune. Probably won't happen though

And that "Jay only cares about himself" sh*t is dumb. Didn't he dedicate his 5th studio album to the signees on Roc-A-Fella records Didn't he make Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Just Blaze, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, etc. careers happen? Whats so funny about signing Rihanna though? This is where it comes when people say Jay is bigger than hip hop, not speaking that hes bigger than the genre itself, but hes upping more than just rap heads now. I have no idea how that works AGAINT his credentials, figuring Rihanna is the biggest popstar right now. And don't even call Jay Hip POP when Em's last single was with fu*king Bruno Mars His last solo album was RECOVERY, which included, Won't Back Down, You're Never Over, Not Afraid, Love The Way You Lie, Spacebound. All cross over to rock pop more than rap.

At this point, don't even deny being a mindless stan. Your basing Jay-Z's entire career as the 41 year old rapper, who's still spitting in his double time flow, speaking like hes been 40 for his entire career. I could base Eminem's career as being the Jimmy Iovine manufactured f*ggot making simp music with Bruno Mars and Rihanna.
 6 years ago '07        #206
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,900 | Props total: 1144 1144
men lie women lie

NUMBERS DONT

/thread
 6 years ago '07        #207
space
space
 Illuminati said:
14 pages of people agreeign that em > jay.

damn new found respect for boxden
 6 years ago '09        #208
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,220 | Props total: 19326 19326
damn never voted but i am surprised Em won by such a wide margin
 6 years ago '06        #209
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
 thegoldenhero said:
damn never voted but i am surprised Em won by such a wide margin
I'm not. Em is obviously superior now. Was superior then. And likely will continue to be superior than Jay. Aughh.

1LynguisticMind said:
men lie women lie

NUMBERS DONT

/thread
Damn, you closed it before I sonned Kamura.
 6 years ago '07        #210
space
space
who bumped this?
 11-01-2011, 01:55 AM         #211
MasterMind715 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem in his prime>>>> jay z in his prime
 11-01-2011, 05:04 AM         #212
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '04        #213
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
What songs does Eminem have out that people bump?
 6 years ago '10        #214
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 SmoothTay said:
Only white boys think this
Yup but they will deny it till they die.

Judgin by the poll bx is mostly white...
 6 years ago '07        #215
space
space
damn jay cant do numbers on bx or on the charts
 6 years ago '04        #216
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
^Yeah, 11 #1 albums ain't enough. Not to mention you judge everything your favorite artist does by how it compares to Jay-z.
 6 years ago '09        #217
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 O D said:
3am
Same Song & Dance
Medicine Ball
Stay Wide Awake
Must Be The Ganja
Deja Vu
Beautiful
Underground

were all great records and thats most of the album.

and lets not forget the bonus tracks

you mad matthew?
lol @ any of those songs (besides Deja Vu) being 'great' records...Relapse was an awful album...being a good lyricist isn't just about using multis...in fact, multis can detract from the quality of a song if they feel forced...

you kept saying to bring up some recent clever Jay lines...

"Bueller had a Mueller but I switched it for a Mille cause I'm richer, and prior to the sh*t was moving freebase" > anything I've heard from Em in a LONG time...

"Meanwhile I'm just chopping off doors, put the front on the back cause I'm back and forth, put the front on the back of the 'bach like a boss, so I'm frontin on n*ggas when I'm backing off"

"fu*k you squares, the circle got smaller, the castle got bigger, the walls got taller and truth be told, after all that's sad, n*ggas still got love for ya"

the whole Primetime verse is quotable...the number motif that Jay uses was pulled off flawlessly...

"Know when to leave when the 'heat' is coming, I learnt that, this is where Deniro would be if he ain't turn back, fu*k Sosa, this Hova, this is real life, this is what the ending of Scarface should feel liikkkkkkkkkkkeeee"

"bi*ch I said I was amazin, not that I'm a Mason, it's amazin that I made it through the maze that I was in"...wordplay is crazy here...

"Sheepskin coats, I silence the lamb, do you know who I am, Clarice?"

"I went from the favorite to the most hated, but what you rather be, underpaid or overrated?"

his whole verse on No Church is quotable...

these are all MUCH better than anything on Recovery and Relapse...and certainly better than anything on BME....BME was awful in almost every sense of the word...and I can do nothing but laugh at people who think it was better lyrically than WTT...anybody who sincerely believes that should get their hip hop fan card revoked immediately...

Oh, and Em's verse in the cypher was mediocre...Joe Budden slaughtered him (and everyone else) quite easily...
 6 years ago '09        #218
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 MasterMind715 said:
Eminem in his prime>>>> jay z in his prime
Bullsh*t. Reasonable Doubt > any Eminem album...Black Album & American Gangster are at least as good or better than Em's first 3...
 11-01-2011, 11:22 AM         #219
MasterMind715 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vos said:
Bullsh*t. Reasonable Doubt > any Eminem album...Black Album & American Gangster are at least as good or better than Em's first 3...
That's your opinion and eminem was a better rapper in his prime then Jayz renegade proved that
 6 years ago '11        #220
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,556 | Props total: 9460 9460
 MasterMind715 said:
That's your opinion and eminem was a better rapper in his prime then Jayz renegade proved that
ah the irony you tell him thats his opinion then give us your opinion.

but who knew one song could prove something, i guess dr. dre and 50 cent are better than eminem because of crack a bottle
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy