2011 Eminem > 2011 Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

whose better in 2011
Eminem 84 64.62%
Jay-Z 46 35.38%
Voters: 130. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-21-2011, 03:30 PM         #181
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait people are cosigning Infinite being near RD status

are you Em fans that fickle to think all there is to lyricism is multis and flow??? if you look hard enough you can find underground rappers rap like that, just listen to Diabolic or Ill Bill. This thread has had nothing intelligent said in 12 pages god damn
 6 years ago '04        #182
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
 1LynguisticMind said:
nope not at all

SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show > Blueprint, RD, Black Album

maybe if i was big time drug deale,r a murderer, and millionare famous dude like you i would think otherwise

but nope i prefer songs about relationships, drugs, and music with innovation...not the same old look at me im a gangsta type sh*t

but you like 50 cent, young buck, g-unit, mobb deep, and cam'ron

seems like youre just hating now
 6 years ago '11        #183
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
but he LISTENS to them..so he obviously enjoys them a lot without being a thug, drug dealer and a gangster..eminem fans miss every point
 6 years ago '11        #184
space
space
"maybe if i was big time drug deale,r a murderer, and millionare famous dude like you i would think otherwise

but nope i prefer songs about relationships, drugs, and music with innovation...not the same old look at me im a gangsta type sh*t"

some of his favorite rappers make music like the first description...he's basically putting jay-z down for making music like some of his favorite rappers..we're talking about what's better, not preference too.

i could prefer jersey shore over breaking bad, would i say it's a better show just cuz it entertains me more?

but i'm done with responding to you,you're a crack baby or a troll..either way, not worth anymore responses.
 6 years ago '04        #185
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
who says he has to like jay's music at all and its his right to prefer EM's music over it
but
the point is that he's downing jay because of his content but yet praises other artists whose content is similar
 6 years ago '11        #186
space
space
dude's a hypocrite who will say ANYTHING to make his argument.
 6 years ago '07        #187
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1141 1141

you guys trying real hard arent you? taking what i said and blowing it way out of proportion. of course i like rappers who talk about gangsta sh*t some of my favorites do. but your completley missing the point of what i was trying to say.

im saying this Jay raps about 90% of the same sh*t: his money, his fame, how he used to be a crack dealer, im rich and your not bla bla bla...you can say "oh but look at this one line in this song about him being rich where he made a double metaphor"

Em makes music that touches on everything: domestic abuse, drugs, relationships, standom, how his music influences his fans, his daughters, politics, the sh*t he went through growing up, then theres his alter ego slim shady who his horrorce/comedy...HES MULTI DIMENSIONAL

he makes music across the board that many people can RELATE too. Jay does for a select few. and im sure DSOM and Spittapillowtalk CAN IN KNOW WAY AT ALL RELATE TO HIS MUSIC. You might like it, sure...i like alot of his sh*t too, but music is beyond entertainment too most. its a soundtrack to their lives. look at every other genre and youll see that the music is made for the listener, and not about the artists exploits. thats why rappers like Eminem, Nas, Joe Budden, Cunninglynguists stand above the rest, they can entertaining while at the same time engage the listener by making music they can relate too.

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 10-21-2011 at 05:03 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #188
space
space
lmfao..you named your favorite 3 rappers and favorite group.

so you relate more to joe budden than jay-z..you don't think there's PLENTY of people who relate more to jay-z's story than joe budden?

your argument is retarded...i'm done with this thread. your entire argument is "if i listen to them then they're my favorites and they're better and more relatable than other rappers and what i like is a fact"

i relate more to cole world personally than mobb deep - the infamous

cole world must be better.

Last edited by spittapilottalk; 10-21-2011 at 05:14 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #189
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:

you guys trying real hard arent you? taking what i said and blowing it way out of proportion. of course i like rappers who talk about gangsta sh*t some of my favorites do. but your completley missing the point of what i was trying to say.

im saying this Jay raps about 90% of the same sh*t: his money, his fame, how he used to be a crack dealer, im rich and your not bla bla bla...you can say "oh but look at this one line in this song about him being rich where he made a double metaphor"

Em makes music that touches on everything: domestic abuse, drugs, relationships, standom, how his music influences his fans, his daughters, the sh*t he went through growing up, then theres his alter ego slim shady who his horrorce/comedy...HES MULTI DIMENSIONAL

he makes music across the board that many people can RELATE too. Jay does for a select few. and im sure DSOM and Spittapillowtalk CAN IN KNOW WAY AT ALL RELATE TO HIS MUSIC. You might like it, sure...i like alot of his sh*t too, but music is beyond entertainment too most. hits an outlet to their lives. look at every other genre and youll see that the music is made for the listener, and not about the artists exploits. thats why rappers like Eminem, Nas, Joe Budden, Cunninglynguists stand above the rest, they can be entertaing while at the same time engage the listener through whats going on in their lives.
just stop man. Jay talks about much more than his fortune and selling crack lol
@ you trying to make eminem versatile "domestic abuse, drugs, relationships, standom, how his music influences his fans, his daughters, the sh*t he went through growing up<<<< fool Jay talks about these same things minus the daughter of course. so I guess he's MULTI DIMENSIONAL too :lachen001:

can't believe you typed all that nonsense and did the same exact thing you did in your other reply. you sh*tted on jay for his content but youre lying if you say you dont like other artist who rap about the same thing.
 10-21-2011, 05:17 PM         #190
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1LynguisticMind said:

Em makes music that touches on everything: domestic abuse, drugs, relationships, standom, how his music influences his fans, his daughters, politics, the sh*t he went through growing up, then theres his alter ego slim shady who his horrorce/comedy...HES MULTI DIMENSIONAL

he makes music across the board that many people can RELATE too. Jay does for a select few. and im sure DSOM and Spittapillowtalk CAN IN KNOW WAY AT ALL RELATE TO HIS MUSIC. You might like it, sure...i like alot of his sh*t too, but music is beyond entertainment too most. its a soundtrack to their lives. look at every other genre and youll see that the music is made for the listener, and not about the artists exploits. thats why rappers like Eminem, Nas, Joe Budden, Cunninglynguists stand above the rest, they can entertaining while at the same time engage the listener by making music they can relate too.
But your contradicting yourself. You said BME > WTT... BME is mindless multis with punchlines scattered throughout the verses. WTT got Jay to to expand his range of substance with New Day(unborn sons), murder(black on black murder), Welcome To The Jungle(a tribute to dead musicians), The Joy...

And substance is subjective and in no way supposed to determine whos a better musician, theres different strokes for different folks. Flockaveli was a pretty great album because it fulfilled its purpose 100% with the energy, lyrics, and vibe of the music. Is it a lyrical concept album that speaks in the perspective of a gun? No. Also you speak like Jay has never rapped outside of his comfort area... I could name 50 Jay songs that have nothing to do with him being great, bi*ches, or money. Its just some of Jay's preferred topics. Same could be said with Eminem, you could simplify that his first two albums are nothing but horrorcore and his bad experiences with woman, but ofcourse theres more to it than that
 10-21-2011, 05:42 PM         #191
Contagioso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can tell majority of yall n*ggas went to catholic school.
 6 years ago '07        #192
space
space
 Karamu said:
But your contradicting yourself. You said BME > WTT... BME is mindless multis with punchlines scattered throughout the verses. WTT got Jay to to expand his range of substance with New Day(unborn sons), murder(black on black murder), Welcome To The Jungle(a tribute to dead musicians), The Joy...

And substance is subjective and in no way supposed to determine whos a better musician, theres different strokes for different folks. Flockaveli was a pretty great album because it fulfilled its purpose 100% with the energy, lyrics, and vibe of the music. Is it a lyrical concept album that speaks in the perspective of a gun? No. Also you speak like Jay has never rapped outside of his comfort area... I could name 50 Jay songs that have nothing to do with him being great, bi*ches, or money. Its just some of Jay's preferred topics. Same could be said with Eminem, you could simplify that his first two albums are nothing but horrorcore and his bad experiences with woman, but ofcourse theres more to it than that
no i said that em on BME > Jay on WTT

these Discs are too different to compare

I enjoyed BME more simply cause it was long overdue and how great it was to see em and royce try to out do eachother
 6 years ago '06        #193
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
Until Jay is able to rap like Em does in Despicable/Above The Law... and make bold creative moves... and takes risks like Relapse (for better or for worse)...performs with another artist that represents what he rapped against to shut his critics up (Elton John)... strips himself of his armor and gets super personal about his life... and shows that he cares about the game by giving back... no way is he better than Em.

I laugh at people who bring up Jay's number one albums and call it consistency. It's not only about how many goals a soccer player scores, for example. You have to look at skill/technique. Bringing that sh*t up, is like calling Robert Horry a better basketball player than Kobe because he has more rings. Em's ability with words and bending syllables is flawless, and his song-writing is top notch. Where's Jay's Stan or Sing For The Moment or Lose Yourself? If Jay had all of these things better than Em, I'd be the first in line to "stan" for him.
 10-21-2011, 06:13 PM         #194
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1LynguisticMind said:
no i said that em on BME > Jay on WTT

these Discs are too different to compare

I enjoyed BME more simply cause it was long overdue and how great it was to see em and royce try to out do eachother
I don't understand the difference, Jay was bringing substance with his verses and Eminem was bringing punchlines and rhyme schemes. With you always bagging on Jay for his lack of substance its just strange, you enjoy what you enjoy I guess.

Storchaveli said:
Until Jay is able to rap like Em does in Despicable/Above The Law... and make bold creative moves... and takes risks like Relapse (for better or for worse)...performs with another artist that represents what he rapped against to shut his critics up (Elton John)... strips himself of his armor and gets super personal about his life... and shows that he cares about the game by giving back... no way is he better than Em.

I laugh at people who bring up Jay's number one albums and call it consistency. It's not only about how many goals a soccer player scores, for example. You have to look at skill/technique. Bringing that sh*t up, is like calling Robert Horry a better basketball player than Kobe because he has more rings. Em's ability with words and bending syllables is flawless, and his song-writing is top notch. Where's Jay's Stan or Sing For The Moment or Lose Yourself? If Jay had all of these things better than Em, I'd be the first in line to "stan" for him.
1. Why does Jay need to rap like him, hes NOT Eminem. Em can't rap like Jay, they created their own lanes with their music and verses.
2. How was Relapse a risk??? Its essentially a remake of the two albums that made him into a superstar except he got Dre to produce damn near the entire thing this time.
3. Critics never sh*tted on Jay for something unjust, I have no idea what your trying to prove there

[video - click to view]

5. So what does giving back to the game mean? Jays not supporting hip hop because he doesn't cypher for BET? I guess Nas hates hip hop as well

I don't understand where you come from saying Em is more skilled than Jay, what other quality as a rapper and emcee does Em have over Jay besides rhyme structure? They both have amazing song writing abilities which puts them above other rappers attempting to mimic their success, they are just inconsistent. 99 Problems? Dead Presidents? Song Cry? a.ssuming your referring to iconic singles. Your being biased to the fullest extent
 6 years ago '04        #195
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
@ karamu

These dudes are delusional, its no need to go in depth.
They didnt start listening to rap until Em came out so they don't know any better.
They think that he is the blueprint for being a rapper.
 6 years ago '11        #196
space
space
I think with a lot of these em stans on bx..their love for eminem the person goes WAY deeper than music..there's no point to this argument anymoe.
 6 years ago '07        #197
space
space
 spittapilottalk said:
I think with a lot of these em stans on bx..their love for eminem the person goes WAY deeper than music..there's no point to this argument anymoe.
dog you are the biggest matthew on this site dont get it twisted eminem is your life as much as boxden is
 6 years ago '07        #198
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
 RocawearMan said:
blueprint 3 > recovery
watch the throne > hell the sequel

but eminem on that cypher >>

did u seriously put the cypher vs lift off .................

why i love u > any eminem song in the past 8 years

*looks at your avy* *takes a sh*t on your avy*
 6 years ago '11        #199
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:
dog you are the biggest matthew on this site dont get it twisted eminem is your life as much as boxden is
and i'm your life unfortunately...i'm your new nkflier even though i don't want you to comment to me.

matter of fact..don't comment to me or about me...let's see if you're capable of doing that...i doubt it tho.

Last edited by spittapilottalk; 10-21-2011 at 08:05 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #200
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Karamu said:
I don't understand the difference, Jay was bringing substance with his verses and Eminem was bringing punchlines and rhyme schemes. With you always bagging on Jay for his lack of substance its just strange, you enjoy what you enjoy I guess.

1. Why does Jay need to rap like him, hes NOT Eminem. Em can't rap like Jay, they created their own lanes with their music and verses.
2. How was Relapse a risk??? Its essentially a remake of the two albums that made him into a superstar except he got Dre to produce damn near the entire thing this time.
3. Critics never sh*tted on Jay for something unjust, I have no idea what your trying to prove there
5. So what does giving back to the game mean? Jays not supporting hip hop because he doesn't cypher for BET? I guess Nas hates hip hop as well

I don't understand where you come from saying Em is more skilled than Jay, what other quality as a rapper and emcee does Em have over Jay besides rhyme structure? They both have amazing song writing abilities which puts them above other rappers attempting to mimic their success, they are just inconsistent. 99 Problems? Dead Presidents? Song Cry? a.ssuming your referring to iconic singles. Your being biased to the fullest extent
1) He doesn't NEED to rap like him. I didn't mean it in terms of style, I meant it in terms of skill. And yes Em, and pretty much everyone else including my grandma, CAN rap like Jay with his basic morse code (in bursts/stop and go) ABC rhyme scheme style. Not impressed. Jay's raps are more karaoke-friendly. Nuff said.

2) With songs like 3AM/Insane/Bagpipes From Baghdad and obviously doing alot of the album with that "accent," I don't see how you can say it WASN'T a risk-taking and darker album. With it he left some of his fan base in the dark, which makes it obvious he took it to another extreme. FACT.

3) You're right about Jay never doing anything "unjust" (injustice in rap? no way) so I can't hold that against him, but I can use it to back up my point about Em making BOLD moves and, again, taking stands/risks. Why hasn't this happened to Jay? As 50 said, he always plays it safe. I'm taking your blindfold off, man. Thank me.

4)
[pic - click to view]

5) Stop playing dumb. I never mentioned that cypher. Jay only cares about himself. Do I really need to bring up all the bullsh*t Jay pulled on other people/artists? Em raised and brought forth artists like Obie, D12, 50 Cent, made tracks with local artists like Trick Trick, is pushing Royce, Slaughterhouse, and Yellawolf instead of bathing in his money and bragging about it like Jay. Nas doesn't count. He's somewhat irrelevant and isn't the superstar that both Jay/Em are, so he can't make the big moves and push artists like those 2 can. Jay has brought us who? Rihanna? Willow Smith? Like I've said, Em = rap. Jay = hip POP. It's all in front of your face.

As for what other qualities Em has over Jay, for starters, try: a crisper delivery and not running out of breath during a live performance sounding like he needs a fu*kin inhaler. Anyway, these are all points I'm using. My reasons are never "Jay sucks, Em rulez" so if you're gonna bi*ch about what I wrote, come at me with points, kiddies.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy