Skip and Stephen A. Smith Discuss Top 5 NBA Players. Plus, LeBron Not Being Top 5.

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-20-2011, 02:22 AM         #81
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmoothTay said:
This n*gga just said how is Dirk better than the pierce

n*gga get ya stupid a.ss outta here for even questioning that.
n*gga be forreal

pierce is top 5 in the NBA, no question. His game is amazing, yet he is always overlooked by nba "fans" and analysts because he isnt flashy like wade, bron, and melo.

ill take pierce in his prime and even in his old age game of today >>>>> lebron
 10-20-2011, 02:24 AM         #82
bigbrooklyn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 feroze said:
1. K Durant
2. K Bryant
3. D Nowitzki
4. D Rose
5. D Wade
6. L JAmes
7. C Anthony
8. D Howard
9. R Gay
10. C Paul
best list so far except rudy gay
 10-20-2011, 02:28 AM         #83
factorx3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nate187um said:
man how does his hairline just stay put like that

that sh*t been the same for years

steven a chillin
 6 years ago '07        #84
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Whats the point of discussing the NBA right now?

10-20-2011, 03:11 AM         #85
Prophecy_projet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rose and Lebron really out of both of their top 5?

And Melo wasn't even in the ESPN.com rankings top 10 and they put Blake Griffin ahead of him..

Talk about extreme views from all 3 parties involved.
 6 years ago '07        #86
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
d rose coming for that #1 spot
 10-20-2011, 07:11 AM         #87
Nate187um  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 varun313 said:
smh

theres always that one f*g on here that just has to focus on another mans looks every time and comment about it

are you gay?
stop reaching

if you want war with the god then say so

but quit frontin like you about that life anyway
 6 years ago '07        #88
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,400 | Props total: 13113 13113
 Bkjj11 said:
How can u cry about pierce when wade did the same exact thing!
i'm gonna give u an opportunity to explain to us all how a legitimate dislocated shoulder that requires offseason surgery is the same as a completely faked injury that u come back skipping out of the lockerroom from after 2 minutes of real time before i take a deuce on this idiotic statement.
 6 years ago '05        #89
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12573 12573
 SeaJaiye said:
he's the best but overrated?

but yea, that much power + speed in the post would be unstoppable. he'll get it soon enough
Yes makes perfect since, talent wise he's the #1 player in the world, but as far as the mental aspect of the game, which is the most important factor in winning any championship, he lacks or needs improvement at..

And your asking how is he overrated? For the simple fact that he's the most celebrated player without any rings, in NBA history.. The most disappointing leagues best player EVER. Think about it, in any era, or at any time in the league, tell me when the so called "leagues best player" at that current time didn't come through and win a championship atleast once... This alone makes him overrated.

My top 10 though

1. LeBron(still overrated due to media but he deserves to be no less than 1)

2. Wade(Only in this position because Kobe is declining each year it seems)

3. Howard(dominate, but still lacks go-to post moves, and still relies on heavily on physical gifts)

4. Kobe(still would choose him over Dirk,Durant and Rose, still the best closer in the game, still the most feared in the game, and still the most respected by his peers)

5.) Dirk Nowitzki ( below Kobe, I can't put him ahead of Kobe because of just last season alone, Kobe's been winning championships for the past decade now and Dirk JUST got over the hump and won his first one, when he should have atleast had 2 by now considering the stacked teams he's played on throughout his tenure in the NBA

6.) Rose(I wont put him in the top 5 because he's only had 1 year that he's played at top 5 level play, without question had the best season and overall impact on his team.. Even though I feel he's top 5 talent right now, but I'll let him earn his keep by waiting until he does it a second year to completely put his mark on the NBA. Ask yourself, when was the last time a superstar led his team to the best record in the NBA when his second and thrid best player missed 50% of the season.

7.) Durant (I have him below Rose because outside of scoring there's nothing Durant does better than Rose.. And people were saying Durant is being held back by Westbrook when in reality they both rely on each other, and if Durant had any balls he would have told Westbrook to get him the damn ball.. Like every superstar talent does on THEIR team.. hell Durant was there before Westbrook, if he wants to take a backseat in crucial moments and let Westbrook take over, that HIS fault, how many times have we seen throughout the years the #1 play run up at the top of the key or three point line and clap his hands to demand the ball.. While Durant played them sidelines.

8.) Cp3 Had a decent season last year, battled injuries, looked like he lost a step and wont be as fast as years past, but still put up great numbers despite some of his diminished abilities.. Amazed how everyone disregarded him throughout the year, but when he looked good against a fragile Fisher, he's all of a sudden top 5 again..

9.) Deron Willams (injury riddled season, still top 3 at this position, if not the best one of the best passers in the league and biggest mismatches at his position due to his size)

10.) Carmelo Anthony( A top 5 talent but a notoriously horribly defender, arguably the most clutch on this list and at this point of his career SHOULD BE where Dirk is currently ranked on this list. Melo has the tools to be a great defender, so anything less than "average defender" is not acceptable, clearly Melo doesn't care about the other end of basketball, and that can only be due to laziness.

Last edited by Hold That; 10-20-2011 at 08:59 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #90
space
space
i hate going out of my way to defend lebron, but i was reading an article yesterday about having some perspective. at lebron's same age, MJ was considered a selfish career loser who had never achieved sh*t in the playoffs, and magic was being called tragic for his late game shortcomings even despite having won 2 rings lol.
 6 years ago '07        #91
space
space
Give [him] the ball, a few fleet teammates, a little adrenaline, and he's off, running. He "just wants to have fun." That's all well and good, and for most of the NBA season it's a productive attitude, one that pleases fans. He has his fun and seems to run the break and run up his statistical totals almost effortlessly. He has bushels of "triple doubles"-games in which he reaches double figures in points, rebounds and a.ssists.

Presumably, the bigger the game, the bigger the production. But you can't have fun in the clutch; [you] can't crack a smile in the clutch. The clutch is a crucible.

Late in games during the championship series... announcing [teams] would make the obligatory comments about how players like [him] love such moments. Yet, time and time again, we saw evidence of [his] distaste for them.
sounds like lebron, right? nope, that was written about magic in SI in 1984

When Michael Jordan was 26-years-old, he was perceived by many as a narcissistic dud and was treated as such. Don't believe it? Here's a excerpt from "The Jordan Rules" by Sam Smith that details Jordan's treatment at that point in his career:

The Pistons got their shots at Jordan. They love to taunt Jordan during games about his selfish play, his baldness (that's a specialty of John Salley), and how he enjoys being a loser.

"There's not one guy who sets the tone on our team," Salley liked to tell reporters during the 1990 playoffs. "That's what makes us a team. If one guy did everything, we wouldn't be a team. We'd be the Chicago Bulls.

Yes, the Chicago Bulls were whipping boys of the league, criticized for their dysfunctional and selfish play. And a 26-year-old bald superstar -- who had won the MVP, but not a championship -- was at the center of it all.

Selfish? Loser? Bald?

These are the piercing adjectives attached to a young Michael Jordan, but today, it echoes for LeBron James. Keep in mind, Jordan at 26 had never won a Finals game, much less played in a Finals game. But now we look back on Jordan as the most ruthless winner of all time. Back then, his sorry record spoke for itself.
 6 years ago '07        #92
LaVay 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$625 | Props total: 293 293
wait...did stephen A just say kareem wasn't kareem until magic came along???
 6 years ago '05        #93
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12573 12573
 joshdogg26 said:
i hate going out of my way to defend lebron, but i was reading an article yesterday about having some perspective. at lebron's same age, MJ was considered a selfish career loser who had never achieved sh*t in the playoffs, and magic was being called tragic for his late game shortcomings even despite having won 2 rings lol.
Your comparing age but yet you disregard that LeBron came out at High School so he had 3 extra years of training under world class facilities, learning about the actual NBA with professional minds.. Because if you compare actual years played in the NBA as to where MJ was after his 7th season then sh*t starts to get very embarrassing for LeBron and his fans.
 6 years ago '05        #94
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,796 | Props total: 4904 4904
 Ez 586 said:
MJ as a player and the MJ brand are two different things.
Jordan the brand was created and succeeds because of Jordan the player. Look from your initial post I could tell that you weren't all there. But please tell me you are fu*king with me. It's one thing to not want to be wrong when it's an opinion. But Lebron is not nearly as marketable as Jordan and Tiger(pre scandal) . That's a fact.
 6 years ago '07        #95
space
space
 Hold That said:
Your comparing age but yet you disregard that LeBron came out at High School so he had 3 extra years of training under world class facilities, learning about the actual NBA with professional minds.. Because if you compare actual years played in the NBA as to where MJ was after his 7th season then sh*t starts to get very embarrassing for LeBron and his fans.
ehh, that's debateable. it is by no means a foregone conculsion that he will accomplish those things, and he still has a long way to go to redefine his legacy, i'm just saying not to write the book yet. i don't think his career is necessarily embarrassing if he doesn't win 5 or 6 championships, but he's gotta win at least a couple. he's got a lot to prove with people like myself particularly who he has failed, i just think people should have a little bit of perspective, but it's hard not to live in the moment.
 6 years ago '08        #96
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,864 | Props total: 9187 9187
I agree with Skips a.ssessment of Dwight. He is a child.

I agree with Wade being the best player in the game.

Melo has passed the first round with the Nuggets...
 6 years ago '07        #97
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
could yall please stop with the Melo is a bad defender, the view is exaggerated. He has more gamewinning stops as a knick than Bron had a whole season as a Heat.
 6 years ago '07        #98
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,821 | Props total: 2445 2445
Kobe #1
Howard #2
LeBron #3
Durant #4
Dirk #5
 10-20-2011, 06:59 PM         #99
Ez 586  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iggyemu said:
Jordan the brand was created and succeeds because of Jordan the player. Look from your initial post I could tell that you weren't all there. But please tell me you are fu*king with me. It's one thing to not want to be wrong when it's an opinion. But Lebron is not nearly as marketable as Jordan and Tiger(pre scandal) . That's a fact.
The Jordan BRAND and Tiger BRAND are what they are because of the player, very true. But it doesn't change the fact that a player and his/her brand are two separate entities. And I never said anything about marketability. I said LeBron, the basketball player, is the most marketed sports athlete ever. Nike learned everything they needed to when MJ was the most marketed athlete, followed by Tiger, and have only improved their marketing schemes to market LeBron. The social media outlets that exist and flourish now were absent during MJ's and Tiger's prime. Twitter, facebook, blogs, youtube, and misc. websites are more potent marketing tools than televisions. Press conferences were held for MJ when he retired and when he came back, and when he came back again. But they were nothing like "the Decision." That sh*t was just ridiculous.

And about being wrong, hard as it might be to comprehend, I actually enjoy being wrong when I am. It gives me an opportunity to learn. No way in hell am I saying I'm infallible at anything. But I happen to know that LeBron is more marketed than MJ or Tiger (the players) ever were. Marketing professor at PSU (who works for Nike) pulled up a chart with figures about it in an "online marketing" class to discuss the advantages of web-based marketing vs TV.
 6 years ago '07        #100
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Ez 586 said:
The Jordan BRAND and Tiger BRAND are what they are because of the player, very true. But it doesn't change the fact that a player and his/her brand are two separate entities. And I never said anything about marketability. I said LeBron, the basketball player, is the most marketed sports athlete ever. Nike learned everything they needed to when MJ was the most marketed athlete, followed by Tiger, and have only improved their marketing schemes to market LeBron. The social media outlets that exist and flourish now were absent during MJ's and Tiger's prime. Twitter, facebook, blogs, youtube, and misc. websites are more potent marketing tools than televisions. Press conferences were held for MJ when he retired and when he came back, and when he came back again. But they were nothing like "the Decision." That sh*t was just ridiculous.

And about being wrong, hard as it might be to comprehend, I actually enjoy being wrong when I am. It gives me an opportunity to learn. No way in hell am I saying I'm infallible at anything. But I happen to know that LeBron is more marketed than MJ or Tiger (the players) ever were. Marketing professor at PSU (who works for Nike) pulled up a chart with figures about it in an "online marketing" class to discuss the advantages of web-based marketing vs TV.
to clarify, marketing doesn't just mean Nike spent more dollars on Lebron? You basically are just saying they have platforms to show their product. Word of mouth is a form of marketing and with the social media we have now lebron's every move is being talked about.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy