Glazer: Carson Palmer to the Raiders

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,986 | Props total: 5033 5033
its a first rounder in 12 and if the raiders win a playoff game this year, the 13' pick goes from a 2nd to 1st rounder...

I'm not too concerned about the draft picks since we have a really young team..it is win now because the raiders have a really good team..he is not going to be asked to throw the ball alot since the raiders are a run first team.

Remember, Hue coached this guy to success in Cincinnati from 04-06 and that was with a pass first team...I think he will be a good fit for the system.

1st round picks? Raiders are notorious for messing those up so it doesn't really matter and palmer is signed through 14' so its not like we won't have picks then...good situation for the raiders, im pumped!
 6 years ago '04        #142
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,700 | Props total: 15528 15528
 trb_5 said:
its a conditional 1st rounder....so techincally we gave up a 1st and 2nd for him

tell me how we havent invested in our future already....we have young players everywhere and are one of the youngest teams in the league

not to mention pryor is on the bench developing
a 1st and a 2nd is still too high for him..

a 2nd pick for palmer.. yea i can fu*k with that but two potential first rounds picks. ya'll n*ggas got robbed

there's a reason 31 other teams in the NFL wasn't biting on trying to get palmer
 6 years ago '10        #143
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 theFREAK said:
Okay there fortune teller.

[pic - click to view]

Oh and btw we've beaten all those teams besides the Patriots and Ravens in the last 3 years.

trb_5 said:
yea man...8 years is so long....your right tho..(sarcasm)...weve been in more superbowls than teams like the eagles and jacksonville jaguars can only dream of

....reaching for arguments

8 years is a long time...especially since that was a lucky one year ordeal. And being in more superbowls years-decades ago isn't gonna help the horrible decision from today

The playoffs are a different animal. You paid 2 first rounders for a QB who's never had playoff success...and teams are tougher in the playoffs

Not to mention...Carson could easily get injured or continue to suck. But you risked 2 1st rounders? And you're arguing with me?
 6 years ago '09        #144
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,538 | Props total: 3831 3831
i KNOW everyone has probably said it before...
but WTF???
2 1st round picks???

RAIDERS LOST!!!
 6 years ago '07        #145
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,712 | Props total: 38565 38565
 refuze said:
there's a reason 31 other teams in the NFL wasn't biting on trying to get palmer

Teams have been trying to get Palmer all year from the Benglas wtf are you talking about?

Only reason Mike Brown made the trade today that he did was because Hue Jackson worked for Brown for 3 years and they still have a good relationship this day.

Hue Jackson is the reason this got done.
 6 years ago '08        #146
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,831 | Props total: 12544 12544
 theFREAK said:

Teams have been trying to get Palmer all year from the Benglas wtf are you talking about?

Only reason Mike Brown made the trade today that he did was because Hue Jackson worked for Brown for 3 years and they still have a good relationship this day.

Hue Jackson is the reason this got done.
Shut up dude...nobody in their right mind offered brown two firsts...the most somebody prolly dangled was ONE second rounder and even that is far fetched
 6 years ago '07        #147
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,209 | Props total: 15094 15094
 e G o Maniac said:
Hellll nah the Raiders are stupid for giving up that much. I guess they are fine with mostly mediocre talent there
what position do we have "mediocre" talent at?
 6 years ago '07        #148
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
The Raiders may have to face the Steelers...Patriots...Chargers...Jets...Bills...or Ravens in the playoffs

Yet yall risked 2 1st rounders for Palmer

That's the sign of a team who hasn't had success in a LONGGGG time

only team on that list you put that scares me is the Patriots
 6 years ago '11        #149
Zouth 
space
space
space
$71 | Props total: 0 0
I can understand a lot of the negativity when you see anyone but a handful of the league's elite players traded for a guaranteed and conditional 1st rounder. But I think even more of this has to do with the short sightedness of most NFL fans. It's basically out of sight out of mind for most of y'all and you also label anyone that played on a perennially losing team as a loser.
Palmer definitely raises a few question marks as far as how much of his troubles were a product of his own deficiencies and how much was a result of playing on the worst team in the league. As dysfunctional as those Bengals teams were, he was making his fair share of mistakes. But, he's going to a team that's past the dysfunction year in and out he was used to. He's got a solid WR corps, nice TE, and top 3 RB. He's going to a better situation than he ever had with the Bengals. Palmer was being on the verge of elite status coming out of the '05 season and took the Bengals of all teams to the playoffs 2 out of his 5 full seasons. As far as age, he's younger than Brees and Brady and same age as Romo and Vick. He's only missed time due to injury once.
This could definitely go down as the worst trade ever if he's a bust, but I doubt it. I think dude can be their franchise QB for a while and give them a legit chance to be competitive (which I don't think they really had with Campbell) while they work on the project that is Terelle Pryor. I think the Cowboys trading for Roy Williams will still wind up being worse than this.
 6 years ago '07        #150
space
space
 5_star_smitty said:
i KNOW everyone has probably said it before...
but WTF???
2 1st round picks???

RAIDERS LOST!!!
4-2 (should be 5-1, but that's another topic,) with Campbell at the helm, and Palmer is DEFINITELY an upgrade over Campbell. Did we overpay? sure, but sh*t happens.
 6 years ago '10        #151
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 974 974
This better pay off...

Im still like this

Gave up too much..
 6 years ago '10        #152
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:

only team on that list you put that scares me is the Patriots
Every team I mentioned except for the Bills have been seasoned in the playoffs and have had success in the last few years. They're also much MUCH tougher to beat in the playoffs
 6 years ago '07        #153
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
Every team I mentioned except for the Bills have been seasoned in the playoffs and have had success in the last few years. They're also much MUCH tougher to beat in the playoffs
Steelers are a shadow of themselves, Ravens underachieve, and the Jets look like they might not even make the playoffs
 6 years ago '04        #154
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
I thought what the Raiders have been doing was smart outside of getting Pryor for a third, but this move made me think "same old Raiders" because they gave up way too much for him, its quite a gamble for a dude that clearly fell off that knee injury he was never the same, but who knows maybe he just stopped caring about his play in that Cinci hell hole he was in with Ocho.

I am not going to deny it could work out and if it does it gives them a shot at reaching the playoffs for the first time in awhile.

What they gave up seems like too much for Palmer it was a 1st Rounder in 2012 and a 2nd rounder in 2013 that could become a 1st rounder based on play. That is going all in.

In a draft with a bunch of QBs, they could of had a Kyle Orton for this year for a fourth or fifth round straight up maybe even a 6 and than developed a young QB behind him while keeping their 1st this year and 2nd (possibly 1st) next year.

Bottom line, its a HUGE gamble classic Raiders move I feel in a way like its a tribute to send off Al Davis in classic fashion. Great for the league, and great for the loyal Raiders fans I hope there will be many AFC W classic battles w/ Palmer vs whoever the Broncos QB is down the line.

Last edited by K1; 10-18-2011 at 01:07 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #155
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
Steelers are a shadow of themselves, Ravens underachieve, and the Jets look like they might not even make the playoffs
People been saying that about the Jets for the past 2 years

I could tell you haven't made it to the playoffs in a while . Again no matter which way you spin it....too high of a risk. Yall might end up like the Chiefs last year who ended up getting k!lled by the underachieving Ravens(they said that last year too)
 6 years ago '07        #156
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
People been saying that about the Jets for the past 2 years

I could tell you haven't made it to the playoffs in a while . Again no matter which way you spin it....too high of a risk. Yall might end up like the Chiefs last year who ended up getting k!lled by the underachieving Ravens(they said that last year too)
it is a high risk, nobody's denying that. They felt like they had to take the chance on Palmer and I agree with the move. Do I agree with what we gave up? hell naw, but this move needed to happen. The Chiefs were overhyped last year, Raiders got a legit team besides the secondary at times. Solid o-line, great running game, decent receiving core, great d-line, average LB core but adding Curry def. has helped our run D, a very good CB, Huff is good, Branch is good at tackling but kinda sucks at coverage, and Chris Johnson is...
 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM         #157
Ether Boy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k it! We gave up too much for Seymour too right?

Hue Jackson wants to win now! Im not mad at all.
 6 years ago '10        #158
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
it is a high risk, nobody's denying that. They felt like they had to take the chance on Palmer and I agree with the move. Do I agree with what we gave up? hell naw, but this move needed to happen. The Chiefs were overhyped last year, Raiders got a legit team besides the secondary at times. Solid o-line, great running game, decent receiving core, great d-line, average LB core but adding Curry def. has helped our run D, a very good CB, Huff is good, Branch is good at tackling but kinda sucks at coverage, and Chris Johnson is...
The Chiefs had Bowe...Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones as a two headed monster....and rookies that were shining. Plus Cassel was playing good last year and making plays

So yea...the comparison can be made
 6 years ago '07        #159
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,712 | Props total: 38565 38565
This means nothing.....but 3 weeks ago

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #160
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
The Chiefs had Bowe...Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones as a two headed monster....and rookies that were shining. Plus Cassel was playing good last year and making plays

So yea...the comparison can be made
their defense isn't/wasn't as good as ours

-waits for you to bring up stats and rankings-
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy