ESPN First Take: Brady Or Rodgers (video)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 klew said:
Well he does have a career passing rating over 100, and being the first QB to throw for over 4,000 yards in each of his first two seasons would give him the yardage. He also owns the lowest interception percentage for quarterbacks during the regular season.
and ypa
 6 years ago '06        #142
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
Rodgers
 6 years ago '09        #143
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 Little Dice said:
Glad to see analyst respecting Brady. Rodgers is just the flavor of the month. He may or may not last. He may fall of like alot of other qbs. We all know Brady is HOF today or tomorrow, or whenever he wants to retire.
n*gga just won a superbowl and his team is 6-0...respect his G son
 6 years ago '04        #144
cledee23 
space
space
$853 | Props total: 4 4
#2 is Peyton manning, even with his rookie season, I'm going to guess,
 6 years ago '04        #145
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Killamike79 said:
Well the question was as of TODAY who would you chose...which means I'm taking Rodgers.

Rodgers - 17 TD 3 Int
Brady - 16 TD 8 Int
Jets
Bills
Chargers
Cowboys

Are the defenses Tom has played against thus far... The Bills and Jets have caused more turnovers combined then all 6 of the teams Rodgers has played combined damn near lol...

Rodgers has had one of the easiest schedules as far as defense is concerned so far... We will see how well he plays against the Chargers the only decent defense on his schedule... dont give me no bears crap because their defense gives up big plays every game to everybody... Cam Newton was able to carve up that defense
 6 years ago '04        #146
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2452 2452
 TERRANCE CRACK said:
n*gga just won a superbowl and his team is 6-0...respect his G son
Name one game you expected Packers to lose in their first 6 games???

They have played nobody to this point except for the Saints who have no defense and no running game...
 6 years ago '05        #147
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,031 | Props total: 1226 1226
 finishim said:
85 tds 58 ints 12,200 yards 85 qb rating
99 tds 28 ints 12,300 yards 99 qb rating
68 tds 38 ints 9,900 yards 89 qb rating
98 tds 44 ints 12,300 yards 96 qb rating
51 tds 32 ints 7,800 yards 87 qb rating
77 tds 35 ints 10,400 yards 93 qb rating
59 tds 51 ints 9,700 yards 75 qb rating
52 tds 43 ints 7,400 yards 90 qb rating
60 tds 51 ints 10,300 yards 82 qb rating

these numbers are the first 48 starts (three seasons) for all of the best qbs we would have seen, marino, elway, favre, rodgers, montana, brees, brady, peyton, rivers, even big ben, now you guys take a guess at whos numbers are whose and ill let you guys know
well its a lil different when your groomed for 3 seasons to take over a high powered offense
as opposed to being thrown in a game to an injury then leading the team to SUPER BOWL VICTORY!! and leading the team to 3 bowl victories 3 of your first 4 years as a starter..
 6 years ago '08        #148
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,181 | Props total: 5304 5304
 dre03 said:
Name one game you expected Packers to lose in their first 6 games???

They have played nobody to this point except for the Saints who have no defense and no running game...
And what about all of last season? Regular season and playoffs? And the season before that? And the one before that? Most people recognized his talent right away, obviously there were some skeptical people but anyone who thinks he's a "flavor of the month" is a fu*king idiot
 6 years ago '09        #149
Scallinno 231 heat pts231
space
space
$1,704 | Props total: 737 737
I would like to see Rodgers play with less talented weapons to see how he'd do. Not saying that he wouldn't be excellent, just we've seen Brady take ok talent to the bowl.
 6 years ago '04        #150
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 hbk83 said:
well its a lil different when your groomed for 3 seasons to take over a high powered offense
as opposed to being thrown in a game to an injury then leading the team to SUPER BOWL VICTORY!! and leading the team to 3 bowl victories 3 of your first 4 years as a starter..
he wasn't groomed for three years, McCarthy took over in 06 and completely changed the system, so in reality he only had two years, and that offense was only high powered for the season before he got there, let's not forget gb was 8-8 the year before the championship and 4-12 the year before that, not to mention in his second season in the new "system" he came in against the (at the time) best team in the NFC and balled out going 20-28 for 230 and a td, you guys always wanna bring up the three year thing, as if he didn't have to learn a new system from from first to second year, and as if while being the scout qb in practice all season, can perfect an offense
 6 years ago '04        #151
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
Do you really think stats and records are decided through 6 games, ignoring the next 10? Or do you just think Brady will struggle and Rodgers will be perfect every week? Either way you should know better than to make these comments.
what you guys don't get, is that Rodgers has played better through six, it isn't by much, but he has, this thread asks who is playing the best right now, it's an opinion, I have my opinion and you have yours, stats are something we can opinionate they are what they are, nor can we say Brady or Rodgers will ball out the rest of the way, this isnt about Brady's past or future, it's about this year
 6 years ago '07        #152
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 finishim said:
what you guys don't get, is that Rodgers has played better through six, it isn't by much, but he has, this thread asks who is playing the best right now, it's an opinion, I have my opinion and you have yours, stats are something we can opinionate they are what they are, nor can we say Brady or Rodgers will ball out the rest of the way, this isnt about Brady's past or future, it's about this year
i agree, but Rodgers is also starting his career in a pass heavy league, whereas Brady was starting it was more balanced than it is now, not a whole lot, but it was more balanced.

im also just enjoying watching them both play. no manning and rodgers stepped up to fill the spot...its too bad peyton is out because there would be some amazing QB play this year.

but i still would never ever want to see a QB not named tom brady QB my team
 6 years ago '04        #153
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
i agree, but Rodgers is also starting his career in a pass heavy league, whereas Brady was starting it was more balanced than it is now, not a whole lot, but it was more balanced.

im also just enjoying watching them both play. no manning and rodgers stepped up to fill the spot...its too bad peyton is out because there would be some amazing QB play this year.

but i still would never ever want to see a QB not named tom brady QB my team
I totally feel you, but at the same time Marino put up Rodgers numbers his first three, and Brady actually threw just as many passes as Rodgers in his first three, in less playing time
 6 years ago '04        #154
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
You were talking about passing the torch, and I a.ssumed you are expecting an MVP and another SB. If you are talking right now, Rodgers has better stats according to basic math, but I doubt that is what you guys have argued these last 9 pages.
I'm not saying rodgers is the best ever, just stating that Rodgers has played at a ridiculous level and that his team is also set up to be good for awhile, it's not unfair to pick Brady over Rodgers right now, but there's no denying Rodgers has played as good as one can through six games, and has broken records along the way
 6 years ago '04        #155
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 King856 said:
and again you ignore the fact he hasn't played a good team besides the saints and their D sucks

Denver, ST Louis, and Carolina
does that even matter? he ran through the best defense of the past what 6 years in the Super Bowl, now all of the sudden buffalos defense is good? San Diego's? and the jets have given up over twenty a game as well they turnovers wouldn't be as high if it weren't for Brady :doglaugh:
 6 years ago '04        #156
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
If he doesn't win the SB does any of it matter, even if its a legendary year? From what I see Packers fans act like its NBA easy to repeat in this league, I respect the season and the numbers, but you should know when Rodgers was playing great and the team wasn't contending people were saying this about Brees. So call me skeptical.
no it doesn't, and again brees hasn't been the same since his Super Bowl year, Rodgers has been the definition of consistency since he started in 08
 6 years ago '07        #157
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 King856 said:
he's only needed 1 for the last 8 years

and Rodgers only needs two tie Brady with 1/3 of his career gone

Brady gets hurt NE goes 11-5
Manning gets hurt and Indy looks like the Dolphins

lets not act like Brady didn't have Moss and only score 14 in the SB
Worst argument ever. Cant believe people use that 11-5 season as evidence against brady. Not insulting you, just your theory here, because its seriously flawed. Look at more than just the records, may surprise you a little.
 6 years ago '05        #158
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 aclockworkred71 said:
They will just say its because of the pleasure of playing the horrible Tom Brady, who sucks and can't do anything as good as Rodgers.

Better thing to do is just point out the end of the season, you and I both know whats going to happen.

yeah we do know...just a matter of if it's home or on the road...
 6 years ago '04        #159
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
For the "Packers haven't played any good defenses yet" argument, how can you discredit the Bears' defense? And in the final game of the 2010 season, the Packers played who many considered to be the best defense in the league and Rodgers shredded them. WITHOUT FINLEY OR GRANT. He also played that same defense in 09. But let's discredit that because that was last year and has no bearing on this year's season. fu*k that. Rodgers has the ability to throw over good defenses. Not his fault that the schedule is cupcakes.
 10-18-2011, 05:42 PM         #160
Sub 0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its Rodgers and its not even close.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy