The walking dead Season 2 Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM         #2321
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:

The second half of the second season has been, by far, the best handful of episodes of the entire series. And the last 15 minutes of last nights episode were GREAT. Aside from Carl randomly being there to k!ll Shane.
Your entitled to your opinion, but you couldn't be more wrong...

And yeah, this second half has been great... The dragged out geeky asian/hot farm girl soap opera angle has been stellar!

And that exact same Rick/Shane morality battle every week? Na, that didn't get played out and stale. Fantastic writing!

Episode after episode of Lori doing dumb annoying sh*t and being a horrible mother(how many times is it now that her son has just walked off after being shot in the woods?), and Carl being a f*ggot... This should win an Emmy!

If that's your idea of GREAT TV... Then we have extremely different ideas of such.
 6 years ago '06        #2322
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Illstreet said:
Your entitled to your opinion, but you couldn't be more wrong...

And yeah, this second half has been great... The dragged out geeky asian/hot farm girl soap opera angle has been stellar!

And that exact same Rick/Shane morality battle every week? Na, that didn't get played out and stale. Fantastic writing!

Episode after episode of Lori doing dumb annoying sh*t and being a horrible mother(how many times is it now that her son has just walked off after being shot in the woods?), and Carl being a f*ggot... This should win an Emmy!

If that's your idea of GREAT TV... Then we have extremely different ideas of such.

stop watching
 03-12-2012, 03:11 PM         #2323
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh and Burgh, when you repond to that post of mine...

Please make sure and remember to include that Drake laughing Smiley. A post of yours without it wouldn't be complete without it.
 03-12-2012, 03:13 PM         #2324
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:
stop watching
Stop reading my posts.
 6 years ago '05        #2325
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 Hu$tLa said:
For the way shane was becoming I think it was a good ending. He's been plottin on Rick for the longest..thinkin he's this weak guy. This time Rick played him and got him first.

Plus the guy that plays Shane isn't bolting. He knew from day 1 what was gonna happen. His character lasted longer than the comics
The problem is the writers turned Shane into that guy for the last few episodes because they knew they were going to k!ll him off. They wanted the audience to feel better about it. Shane from the start of the second half of season two is/was much different than the past few episodes.

Either way, they k!lled off the best character of their show and now there isn't an antagonist. Thanks to spoilers from earlier, I know who it'll be, but it will not be the same as Shane.
 6 years ago '05        #2326
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,027 | Props total: 1226 1226
 I'm The Dan said:
The problem is the writers turned Shane into that guy for the last few episodes because they knew they were going to k!ll him off. They wanted the audience to feel better about it. Shane from the start of the second half of season two is/was much different than the past few episodes.

Either way, they k!lled off the best character of their show and now there isn't an antagonist. Thanks to spoilers from earlier, I know who it'll be, but it will not be the same as Shane.
Yea he was the balance on the show, but I guess they are just keeping inline with the comic, i hear shane died much earlier in it
 6 years ago '06        #2327
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Illstreet said:
Stop reading my posts.

im not complaining about ur posts just giving u a good solution to ur problem..if the show is sh*tty to u, why keep watching?
 6 years ago '05        #2328
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,152 | Props total: 18406 18406
What would have been a better way to k!ll off Shane?

Since a few of y'all don't like how it turned out
 6 years ago '04        #2329
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,791 | Props total: 17160 17160
 I'm The Dan said:

It will be better...The replacements role and storyline are 1000 X more intense than Shane's if they do it right
 6 years ago '09        #2330
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7947 7947
 Sabotage said:
i think its safe to say that dr jenners message is that everyone is already infected, they turn when they die, thats my guess anyways. my question though is; if this is true, why do some turn way quicker after dying? what about those hundreds dead on the freeway and whatnot?
supoposedly the virus evolved...before you needed a bite but now its airborne and all you need to do is die

the producers gave another answer but that answer is a cop out

Interestingly, during the second season of the TV series, as the group is stopped on the highway there are multiple dead and decayed bodies that have not reanimated. Kirkman states the reason for this is because the passengers all suffered brain trauma from the car crashes.

but i watched that episode multiple times and the majority of the cars have no sign of an acccident or crash and are in good condition

fukk that scene, fukk the producers answer, im gonna just erase that scene from my memory

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 03-12-2012 at 04:10 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #2331
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7947 7947

[video - click to view]

lol...this guy explaining the virus.......says it shows 2 viruses....dude talks like he knows what he's talkin about
 6 years ago '05        #2332
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 hbk83 said:
Yea he was the balance on the show, but I guess they are just keeping inline with the comic, i hear shane died much earlier in it
I never read the comics, but my Cousin did and he told me that Daryl was supposed to die early in season one. The fans liked him so much that they decided to keep him around.

As for a better ending (reference to the other guy), I posted one earlier. There was a rebuttal, but I didn't feel like responding to say the same things I've already said. The reason Shane turned into the character he was at the end was because the writers were making him a 'bad guy' so the audience feels better about k!lling him. What was with the scene in the barn when he just starts slapping himself in the head to make him look crazy? Two episodes (less than a full day in 'their time') earlier he was fine. I understand Lori's speech could have changed him, but not nearly that much.

Another "better" ending:

You could have treated it EXACTLY how it happened. The only change is when Shane puts his gun down and tells Rick to shoot him (and says things like you can't do it, ect..) Rick should have just shot him there. This shows that Rick can protect his family and proved Shane wrong at the same time. Why have Rick talk Shane down (when he could have just shot him) then stab him THEN cry over it? The response earlier was that he still cared, well if he cared, he would have just talked Shane down, went back to the farm and then told Shane to kick rocks (then Shane could gone to the
[spoiler - click to view]

)

Another ending:

Rick and Shane get into a f!ght on the grass... (could have Rick say, "you're going to shoot me? I thought you were a man..." [or something].. which entices a fist f!ght) then during the struggle a gun shot goes off (brings the walkers) then we see the walkers in the tree line coming. Rick gets a hold of the gun and shoots Shane in the leg as Rick grabs Carl and start to run back to the farm leaving him for the Walkers. Earlier in the season, Shane questioned whether Rick could have done what he did to Otis. This k!lls Shane off, and shows Rick as a 'bad guy'...

I personally feel all three of these would have been better endings if they would have kept up with the writing instead of just trying to write Shane off of the show.
 6 years ago '04        #2333
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
I'm the Dan, none of those really sound better to me...
 6 years ago '07        #2334
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
 I'm The Dan said:
I never read the comics, but my Cousin did and he told me that Daryl was supposed to die early in season one. The fans liked him so much that they decided to keep him around.

As for a better ending (reference to the other guy), I posted one earlier. There was a rebuttal, but I didn't feel like responding to say the same things I've already said. The reason Shane turned into the character he was at the end was because the writers were making him a 'bad guy' so the audience feels better about k!lling him. What was with the scene in the barn when he just starts slapping himself in the head to make him look crazy? Two episodes (less than a full day in 'their time') earlier he was fine. I understand Lori's speech could have changed him, but not nearly that much.

Another "better" ending:

You could have treated it EXACTLY how it happened. The only change is when Shane puts his gun down and tells Rick to shoot him (and says things like you can't do it, ect..) Rick should have just shot him there. This shows that Rick can protect his family and proved Shane wrong at the same time. Why have Rick talk Shane down (when he could have just shot him) then stab him THEN cry over it? The response earlier was that he still cared, well if he cared, he would have just talked Shane down, went back to the farm and then told Shane to kick rocks (then Shane could gone to the
[spoiler - click to view]

)

Another ending:

Rick and Shane get into a f!ght on the grass... (could have Rick say, "you're going to shoot me? I thought you were a man..." [or something].. which entices a fist f!ght) then during the struggle a gun shot goes off (brings the walkers) then we see the walkers in the tree line coming. Rick gets a hold of the gun and shoots Shane in the leg as Rick grabs Carl and start to run back to the farm leaving him for the Walkers. Earlier in the season, Shane questioned whether Rick could have done what he did to Otis. This k!lls Shane off, and shows Rick as a 'bad guy'...

I personally feel all three of these would have been better endings if they would have kept up with the writing instead of just trying to write Shane off of the show.
Again with this really???? It wouldnt have made any sense for him to just shoot shane or leave him to the walkers cause he did care. You ever had to have a pet put down? Its like you still care for it but its better to take care of it instead of just wounding it or just let it go off on its own
 03-12-2012, 04:31 PM         #2335
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would have written it as good ol' fashion stand off with Shane's gun jamming. Then you could proceed there with him hanging onto his last words.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 03-12-2012 at 04:34 PM..
 03-12-2012, 04:36 PM         #2336
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
I would have written it as good ol' fashion stand off with Shane's gun jamming.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

03-12-2012, 04:38 PM         #2337
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s7venwords said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #2338
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 moe4484 said:
Again with this really???? It wouldnt have made any sense for him to just shoot shane or leave him to the walkers cause he did care. You ever had to have a pet put down? Its like you still care for it but its better to take care of it instead of just wounding it or just let it go off on its own
Ok, that's the problem I am having. Maybe it's the bad acting, but I don't see how Rick could have cared after the way he acted. He was talking Shane down. If he truly cared, he would have told him to leave after they got back to the farm. This is the most realistic and believable scenario for Rick caring. Not talking him down and then stabbing him. That makes zero sense to me.

The problem is Shane wasn't a 'pet' to Rick. He was a friend. Having Shane go off on his own isn't the same as setting a pet free on its own.

I'm the Dan, none of those really sound better to me...
So, you liked the ending as it was? You liked them turning Shane into some psycho over a 24 hour period in which he attempts to k!ll his best friend. Then, when you want him to die, you're ok with Rick talking him down and as soon as Shane appears to be listening, Rick decides he'll stab him in the chest and cry about it?

Really?
 6 years ago '05        #2339
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
To IMTheDan: Um there have been many instances showing Shane not being completely "normal":

1.) Him pointing that shotgun at rick in season 1 with that evil look in his eye
2.) at the CDC where he damn near was going to try and r*pe Lori
3.) When shane threw that bigass wrench at the window when f!ghting rick and he looked at himself in the broken glass and he looked evil, damn nearlike a zombie himself with the hunched over look

As far as you "better" endings:

If rick didnt shank shane and keep it moving back to the farm:

1.) You think Shane is just going to forgive and forget and be back to normal and work well with the group? He seemed stuck on lori and carl. Seeing Lori broken up about the whole love triangle situation and carl not wanting to take the gun to protect himself made shane feel like rick shouldnt be living and it would be best for the group

2.) Daryl and glenn both found that zombie they had captured. and basically disproved shanes bs story. They are both smart and if all four of them went back to the farm, you think daryl/glenn going to just be quiet? No! They going to say something and basically force another altercation between rick/shane cycling the whole thing over.

3.) If rick just shot shane in the leg and let him die, dont you think that would be a weaker death than Rick being up close and personal stabbing shane? And if it went down like the scenario you said the writers are basically making the "good guy" basically just as bad as shane

IMHO I think the episode is by far the best episode of the series, the second half has been the best by far. Darabount writing style works for comics but that super-slow style pacing just doesnt work well with tv shows. And I think Rick k!lling shane the way he does shows that he has changed, maybe not completely, but he is capable of living in the apocalypse
 03-12-2012, 04:47 PM         #2340
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaNostalgic1 said:
To IMTheDan: Um there have been many instances showing Shane not being completely "normal":

1.) Him pointing that shotgun at rick in season 1 with that evil look in his eye
2.) at the CDC where he damn near was going to try and r*pe Lori
3.) When shane threw that bigass wrench at the window when f!ghting rick and he looked at himself in the broken glass and he looked evil, damn nearlike a zombie himself with the hunched over look

As far as you "better" endings:

If rick didnt shank shane and keep it moving back to the farm:

1.) You think Shane is just going to forgive and forget and be back to normal and work well with the group? He seemed stuck on lori and carl. Seeing Lori broken up about the whole love triangle situation and carl not wanting to take the gun to protect himself made shane feel like rick shouldnt be living and it would be best for the group

2.) Daryl and glenn both found that zombie they had captured. and basically disproved shanes bs story. They are both smart and if all four of them went back to the farm, you think daryl/glenn going to just be quiet? No! They going to say something and basically force another altercation between rick/shane cycling the whole thing over.

3.) If rick just shot shane in the leg and let him die, dont you think that would be a weaker death than Rick being up close and personal stabbing shane? And if it went down like the scenario you said the writers are basically making the "good guy" basically just as bad as shane

IMHO I think the episode is by far the best episode of the series, the second half has been the best by far. Darabount writing style works for comics but that super-slow style pacing just doesnt work well with tv shows. And I think Rick k!lling shane the way he does shows that he has changed, maybe not completely, but he is capable of living in the apocalypse
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy