Seth MacFarlane: 'Family Guy Should Have Already Ended'

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
67 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-14-2011, 04:02 PM         #101
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
Only an idiot can't see the HUGE drop in quality, Seth barely tries anymore.

To sit here and argue that it is just as good as season 2 is ridiculous, they have ran Stewie dry, they have ran the flashbacks dry, the plots are beyond uninspiring, the 'flashback' jokes have been reduced to anything possibly drawn, with no real effort. It has become an absolute joke, and yet you tote it as still being in its prime, yes the same way Pedro Martinez is in his prime.

I could care less, there is enough stuff to watch that even my favorite show of all time SP is rarely thought of, but for discussion purposes I have to call your statement bullsh*t, anybody who has seen the entirety of the show can sense the steady decline in quality.
There has been no steady decline in quality. The episodes being made now are no worse than the episodes being made at the start of the series. The only difference is you find them boring because you've got 10 years of Family Guy under your belt.

If the entire show was switched round - so that season 10 is season 1, season 9 was season 2, etc etc - you'd still be in this thread making the exact same argument.

There has been no great decline in quality.

The show should have ended, there was no reason for anything more than 5 seasons. BUT to say Family Guy has fallen off is nonsense, at best. Now you can say whatever the fu*k you like but the fact is if Family Guy was a fresh show, just making a name for itself in 2011, nobody would be on here saying "herp derp it's boring and repetitive". People would be on here, instead, claiming it is the GOAT show.

That's as true for season 10 as it season 8, 6, 4 or 2.

The show has NOT changed, YOU have.
 6 years ago '05        #102
lil_boosie 2 heat pts
space
space
$649 | Props total: 30 30
 jslim said:
do the theatrical release and be done.
this^
 6 years ago '05        #103
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
its 1000 times funnier than american dad.. that show sucks so much. and the cleveland show isn't funny either. I feel like he tries too hard with both of those. FG has fallen off some but i feel like thats on the writers.
 6 years ago '06        #104
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,784 | Props total: 469 469
The Cleveland Show should have already ended, or move that sh*t to BET where nobody cares about thinking it'll give that channel the run because of The Boondocks are on Adult Swim.
 6 years ago '05        #105
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
I don't really see how anyone can grow tired of Family Guy especially with The Simpsons running well past their prime. Maybe it is because The Simpsons have worn out their welcome and it is starting to give cartoons a bad name unless they come with fresh material. However, I do believe Family Guy is a thinking man'a comedy and Seth MacFarlane hits us all with jokes that some don't catch (don't ask me for examples) which makes many feel that the show is stale. Family Guy has managed to remain relevant in an age when things, mostly shows, usually falter by the way side. Ever since Family Guy has come back on I have been a fan and will be. Sure the show is edgy and sometimes over the top but the one consistent thing that Family Guy has managed to do is be funny. I can't say the same for South Park nor The Simpsons. I'm 30 and I can honestly say I haven't watched The Simpsons in maybe seven or eight years and I haven't watched South Park in maybe five or six. South Park to me seems to be an idiot's comedy and The Simpsons seems to be a lazy man's comedy. Maybe Seth does need new writers or maybe he needs to take his birthright to the big screen with a movie idea that will tie in American Dad, The Cleveland Show and Family Guy. Who knows? But the fact remains Family Guy is newer, fresher and more relevant than its rivals.
Not sure if serious...
 6 years ago '05        #106
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 ROFLSTOMP said:
There has been no steady decline in quality. The episodes being made now are no worse than the episodes being made at the start of the series. The only difference is you find them boring because you've got 10 years of Family Guy under your belt.

If the entire show was switched round - so that season 10 is season 1, season 9 was season 2, etc etc - you'd still be in this thread making the exact same argument.

There has been no great decline in quality.

The show should have ended, there was no reason for anything more than 5 seasons. BUT to say Family Guy has fallen off is nonsense, at best. Now you can say whatever the fu*k you like but the fact is if Family Guy was a fresh show, just making a name for itself in 2011, nobody would be on here saying "herp derp it's boring and repetitive". People would be on here, instead, claiming it is the GOAT show.

That's as true for season 10 as it season 8, 6, 4 or 2.

The show has NOT changed, YOU have.
Good thing I've been watching South Park since it first started and still find it funny. But no, you're right, it's due to overexposure to the show.
 6 years ago '09        #107
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
The show has never tickled my pickle.
 6 years ago '09        #108
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
and American Dad is fu*king terrible.
 10-15-2011, 02:36 PM         #109
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WasabiTuna said:
well you can tell he doesn't try half the time. what is remotely funny about a whole conway twitty performance.
conway twitty owns your life n*gga
 6 years ago '04        #110
johnnyparadise 
space
space
$212 | Props total: 1 1
family guy is the best animated show on tv.............i cant believe there are this many haters on bx
 10-15-2011, 03:29 PM         #111
anubis1947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pus*yFiend said:
Family Guy still has good comedy.....sh*t doesn't need to end anytime soon

thats just my opinion....

6 years ago '07        #112
|JOHN| 
space
space
$1,157 | Props total: 57 57
south park is starting to suck too
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
81 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy