800MHz iPhone 4S browser powers past the 1.5GHz Samsung Galaxy S II

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #121
7Wounds 1 heat pts
space
space
$549 | Props total: 0 0
 xeduran said:
Better is relative. Better for some, not for others.
thank you for saving me a lot of typing. I was about to type a LOOOOOOONG a.ss comment. But this is much more concise.

Here is is. Apple are PERFECTIONISTS!!!! Thats why they bring out ONE PHONE a year. They focus on THAT ONLY so it can be as optimized as it can for its own sh*t. Andoid phones dont rock they same way they just to get out AS MUCH as they can and DO AS MUCH as they can. It's ALL about WHAT YOU LIKE!!!

All the tests in the worlds aren't going to make someone like an iPhone if they hate Apple and like Androids ability and OS. and NOTHING under the sun is going to convince someone who is devoted to certain things (like performance .. to be frank) that Andriod makes better phones. It's just not gonna happen. Apple people are into what's under the hood. Android people are into how the ride feels to them. It's all about what means the world to you. Each of them is more SOMETHIGN than the other. But "BETTER" is relative.
 6 years ago '11        #122
7Wounds 1 heat pts
space
space
$549 | Props total: 0 0
 Dangerously said:
I think i used to hate the wars, but now it brings up some good arguments. I just don't like it when people get emotional about it or start making excuses for bad tech.
It doesn't bring up good anything, because that latter part is ALL that happens. And not bad tech lol, just less good tech lol
 10-13-2011, 02:08 PM         #123
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
Look at my numbers on my outdated phone. Those graphs are full of sh*t. My numbers are much better than the GSII using the stock browser. Maybe the internet connection sucked where they were at, I do not know. There is no way my G2 is faster at browsing than the GSII.

My G2 clocked at 1.5Ghz gets a score of 2316 with the stock browser. Almost as fast as the Iphone 4S. Using Opera on my phone and clocked at 1.5Ghz, I get a score of 1927. So according to this benchmark, my phone is faster than the Iphone 4S at browsing using Opera. Mind you this is a single core processor. Do not put too much stock in these benchmarks. Benchmarks are nice for bar graphs and fancy charts. They do not always translate to real time performance. Also it depends how the tests were done.
Now you're changing clock speeds. Real time performance varies to real situations. Your internet connection might be faster than my internet connection. Your clock speed might be faster than my clock speed. My unit might work perfectly, you might have a defective one. Nobody's saying that each result is absolute, we're just saying that the tests show that the iPhone STOCK vs. the SII STOCK don't show favorable results for the SII.
 6 years ago '05        #124
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 texasplayboy_23 said:
First, slap a few periods in your posts for fu*ks sake. () Second, you're using a stereotype. And third, enlighten us iPhone idiots as to why your next phone will be a 4S as opposed to waiting for the Nexus Prime to drop next month...I do seriously want to know.
because I already have an android on T-Mobile. I'm getting a new line under my mom's plan. cause T-Mobile sucks where I work now, plus I haven't had an iPhone since the 3g. I will be keeping both phones
 10-13-2011, 02:11 PM         #125
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7Wounds said:
It doesn't bring up good anything, because that latter part is ALL that happens. And not bad tech lol, just less good tech lol
HTC EVO 3D is bad tech and I got skewered for sh*tting on it. Now how many of those users are on Samsungs or pre-ordered an iPhone?

I don't think anyone will ever be converted, but I think as a group if we critical think and cut through the bullsh*t, we can help some people on the fence come away with a bit more knowledge. Or in xeduran, he imparts more knowledge and data that supports his argument that the tests depicted in the video are bootleg as fu*k or the benchmarks I posted are inaccurate.

It's a discussion board, let's discuss.
 10-13-2011, 02:15 PM         #126
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
Now you're changing clock speeds. Real time performance varies to real situations. Your internet connection might be faster than my internet connection. Your clock speed might be faster than my clock speed. My unit might work perfectly, you might have a defective one. Nobody's saying that each result is absolute, we're just saying that the tests show that the iPhone STOCK vs. the SII STOCK don't show favorable results for the SII.
I am not doing the benchmarks using a GSII, I am using my old G2. I have no choice but to change the clock to keep up with a phone that came out a year after mine. I am showing that these benchmarks mean nothing. If my old phone can outperform both the GSII and an Iphone 4S by just overclocking it, then the benchmark is not very good.
 10-13-2011, 02:16 PM         #127
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
I am not doing the benchmarks using a GSII, I am using my old G2. I have no choice but to change the clock to keep up with a phone that came out a year after mine. I am showing that these benchmarks mean nothing. If my old phone can outperform both the GSII and an Iphone 4S by just overclocking it, then the benchmark is not very good.
sh*t, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted. SO MANY WONDERFUL TOYS.
 10-13-2011, 02:19 PM         #128
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
You're making excuses for the results though. Results are results, there's no half-truths to make if I'm just posting results, right? I think the video comparison was sloppy and unprofessional, but if you're comparing stock to stock then I'm not sure what the discussion is about. I even granted Android the benefit of the doubt by mentioning ICS and I still get branded a sheep by Half-toes even though I'm tethering my laptop to a Samsung Focus right now.

I mean, c'mon. Why is it so difficult to understand that iOS5 was optimized for it's hardware, Android isn't. I'd like to see an Android Prime vs. iphone 4s comparison. THAT will be a good discussion. Sure, Android allows it to be free, flexible and you can add or subtract components to make it perform better...we're talking about stock vs. stock. Period.

Stop making excuses for Android.
It is not excuses. It is called comparing the actual phone. A STOCK GSII using Opera is faster at browsing than a STOCK Iphone 4S using any kind of browser available for that phone. If you are trying to compare the phone's hardware, then you should use the best available software for it. I am not branding you a sheep by the way.

And there are half truths to results. Posting FPS and ms without explaining the hardware setup or why the results are what they are is not complete. Painting the full picture means being honest about the results and what they mean.
 10-13-2011, 02:25 PM         #129
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
It is not excuses. It is called comparing the actual phone. A STOCK GSII using Opera is faster at browsing than a STOCK Iphone 4S using any kind of browser available for that phone. If you are trying to compare the phone's hardware, then you should use the best available software for it. I am not branding you a sheep by the way.

And there are half truths to results. Posting FPS and ms without explaining the hardware setup or why the results are what they are is not complete. Painting the full picture means being honest about the results and what they mean.
Fair enough. I'd like to see a test, Opera vs. Opera between a 4s and a GSII with flash disabled. I think that's about as fair as it gets. My thing argument against Android has been that third parties shouldn't out perform you that badly on your own platform, that's a problem. Not even Opera makes a better browser in iOS compared to the stock browser. I appreciate iOS as an operating system even more because I can use it without needing another browser and not feel like I'm being cheated.

And I get what you mean by half-truths, you're right.
 10-13-2011, 02:29 PM         #130
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
Fair enough. I'd like to see a test, Opera vs. Opera between a 4s and a GSII with flash disabled. I think that's about as fair as it gets. My thing argument against Android has been that third parties shouldn't out perform you that badly on your own platform, that's a problem. Not even Opera makes a better browser in iOS compared to the stock browser. I appreciate iOS as an operating system even more because I can use it without needing another browser and not feel like I'm being cheated.

And I get what you mean by half-truths, you're right.
This is because of the infancy of Android OS compared to IOS. Apple has been developing IOS a lot longer than Google has been developing Android OS. Also Apple has always had the benefit of controlling the hardware. Even if Google makes an excellent stock browser, will it run the same on every hardware configuration? ICS is supposed to help with the fragmentation problem. It is a gift and a curse. This is why IOS shines in some areas and Android OS in others.

I definitely would like to see Opera vs Opera on both phones as well. I also want to see how much of a difference ICS makes to the GSII's performance.
 6 years ago '05        #131
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Dangerously said:
You're making excuses for the results though. Results are results, there's no half-truths to make if I'm just posting results, right? I think the video comparison was sloppy and unprofessional, but if you're comparing stock to stock then I'm not sure what the discussion is about. I even granted Android the benefit of the doubt by mentioning ICS and I still get branded a sheep by Half-toes even though I'm tethering my laptop to a Samsung Focus right now.

I mean, c'mon. Why is it so difficult to understand that iOS5 was optimized for it's hardware, Android isn't. I'd like to see an Android Prime vs. iphone 4s comparison. THAT will be a good discussion. Sure, Android allows it to be free, flexible and you can add or subtract components to make it perform better...we're talking about stock vs. stock. Period.

Stop making excuses for Android.
I dont brand you a sheep, I know your up on your sh*t, and you look at things from a larger spectrum, even if you prefer the iPhone Youre one of the iUsers that doesnt have their head up their own a.ss on here, IMO...
 10-13-2011, 02:50 PM         #132
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .Hafestos. said:
I dont brand you a sheep, I know your up on your sh*t, and you look at things from a larger spectrum, even if you prefer the iPhone Youre one of the iUsers that doesnt have their head up their own a.ss on here, IMO...
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

SEE MOTHERfu*kERS, THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE INTELLIGENT DISCOURSE.
 6 years ago '05        #133
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Dangerously said:
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

SEE MOTHERfu*kERS, THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE INTELLIGENT DISCOURSE.
oh wait, boxden, right

Shut Up Sheep!
 6 years ago '04        #134
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,333 | Props total: 2746 2746
 xeduran said:
This is because of the infancy of Android OS compared to IOS. Apple has been developing IOS a lot longer than Google has been developing Android OS. Also Apple has always had the benefit of controlling the hardware. Even if Google makes an excellent stock browser, will it run the same on every hardware configuration? ICS is supposed to help with the fragmentation problem. It is a gift and a curse. This is why IOS shines in some areas and Android OS in others.

I definitely would like to see Opera vs Opera on both phones as well. I also want to see how much of a difference ICS makes to the GSII's performance.
Too bad opera mobile is not even out for ios yet. Opera mini but that is a cloud based browser which does majority of the processing in opera server.

Apple will not approve any browser that outperforms its own.
 6 years ago '10        #135
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,599 | Props total: 2270 2270
lmao yea the networks have nothing to do with it...verizon vs att & tmobile

this chinese f*ggot needs to stfu
 6 years ago '05        #136
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
 SandmanNyC said:
this chinese f*ggot needs to stfu
 6 years ago '05        #137
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,080 | Props total: 10757 10757
Dangerously, Xeduran, & .Hafestos. are all clowns.

Ya'll can argue all day about numbers and floating point integers and bullsh*t like that... but until you can get your phone to be a straight POWERHOUSE like my blackberry curve , stfu with all this discussing sh*t. sh*t's disgusting.
 6 years ago '05        #138
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 P-Hill said:
Dangerously, Xeduran, & .Hafestos. are all clowns.

Ya'll can argue all day about numbers and floating point integers and bullsh*t like that... but until you can get your phone to be a straight POWERHOUSE like my blackberry curve , stfu with all this discussing sh*t. sh*t's disgusting.

I loved my BB, and that new one looks dope

:hmm:
 10-13-2011, 05:20 PM         #139
malcdizzle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I own a macbook pro but fu*k a iphone. Had first and third generation and im off that sh*t. I fu*king love my s2 best phone I ever owne dand I owned damn near every smart phone from pocket pc8125 to pal treos. You apple dudes sound like apple groupies.
 10-13-2011, 05:40 PM         #140
ozone559  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 turntabledj said:
:this n*gga running a Verizon iPhone 4S against an AT&T iPhone 4 and a T-Mobile Android... straight a.sscheeks if u ask me.

n*gga they all connected on the same wifi router! lmao!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
78 comments
2 days ago